rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Non-sexual platonic friendships with women

Even my best male friends have criticized me about this.

My motto has always been "if we are not fukkin'...we are not friends". Even in the case when I run into some chick that I cannot fukk (for some reason), my conversation is basically like:

1) How are You?
2) How is the family?...work?...school?
3) Bye

I really never saw the need to have a prolonged conversation with any female that I am not fukkin'. I have been this way like forever and personally, I think it has worked for me because I never was in a "unknown status" with some chick....unlike some guys I know.

Thoughts?

I have never been a big advocate either.

When traveling, swooping, boxing, horseracing and dressing sharp are the things I am most interested in, what do I have in common with girls to be friends?

I have occasionally created a "temporary friendship" with girls to leverage other girls, with mixed results.

It seems that the energy and effort is just not worth it.

I would be interested if someone has figured out a formula for this.

It's easy to have a platonic frienship with an ugly chick so I'll assume we are talking about attractive women. For me its impossible, if she is single sooner or later I make a move.

Platonic female friends are very useful. I use them as connections for business and also as gateways to their attractive friends.

Obviously these are women I have no sexual attraction with as I cannot and will not maintain friendships with attractive women I have not poked.

A female I met last year had requested friendship. We had gotten along during the holiday weekend, we had gone to an outdoor fete, I had been tonguing her down and I had my hands in her business ALL night.
I was sure we were going to fcuk but she unfortunately in attempt to outdrink the Brit (rule of thumb: The average North American can NOT outdrink a limey!!), got really queasy and threw up.

I couldn't fcuk a hungover chick (although I stayed with her in the car in the parking lot and strongly contemplated the idea of letting her sit on it until the others finished partying).

Bottom line, weekend ended, we went on a few dates and she 'got' the impression that I just wanted her for the hit.
She requested friendship.
I refused. She got upset. Our comm lines broke.

Lesson learned: Next time, fcuk at any chance.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

At any given time, I may have a couple of "female friends," but female friendship with Tuthmosis doesn't resemble anything they get elsewhere. I cultivate a type of steady, low-level fear in my female friends that de-stabilizes any kind of complaisance on her part. At all times, she's aware that, as a sexual being, I'm going to pounce on her if she's not careful. There aren't going to be any fully platonic conversations, emotional tamponing, or "safe" attention lavished on them. I'm vague and inappropriate in every respect. If we hang out, at some point I'm going to grab her from around the waist and start making out with her. In a different mood, I might squeeze her ass while discussing its specifics. Because I've likely been charming all night, any sign of weakness on her part means she's liable to succumb. They drink with caution. I border on Pepe Le Pew, but a lot less corny, "romantic," and French. I go for smooth-but-aggro. I've honed it to a degree that I don't come across as horny, desperate, or creepy. When a girl tells me, "don't tell me this works with the ladies" (while making out with me) or "god, you're pretty smooth," I know I've succeeded in striking the right chord again.

This sort of semi-adversarial state of mind is incredibly effective for separating the wheat from the chaff.

As a result of it, tire-kicking girls tend to avoid me. If they have zero interest in me, they get the message and scram. The ones that do hang around run a serious risk of giving in sooner or later. I have a couple of girls with boyfriends that "would rather not see me" while they have a boyfriend, but say they will call me as soon as they're single. You'd think that was bullshit if it didn't already yield results a couple of times.

Girls that don't have a good excuse (marriage or boyfriends) often end up in one room of the harem or another. And, even some of the ones that do, do.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

I have one female friend, it happened kind of by circumstance as we're co-workers and work directly with one another. Unlike others I've actually told her flat out "I look at you like I look at my own mother" I would've hit it months ago before she fell into "that" category, but now she could be stark naked and begging for it and I'd pass.

That aside I dont treat her like a girl though, I talk to her just as I would a guy, saying vulger shit and having uncomfortable conversations. An evil side of me likes to watch her squirm when I bring up things I know will put her off, but I use her to get a different perspective on things, to see how the lesser half thinks.

Best convo we had (for me) was one about how a new type of gloves we got in made my hand smell exactly like clean vagina after an hour of wearing them

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

I really like women in general so I have a lot of female friends, probably about 10 female friends for each male friend. When I am out in public I am likely either alone or with one or more women.

Besides being fun to be around women are the best social proof and it is easier to approach a woman who has already seen you with other women. I also am often introduced to other women by my friends and get a lot of new opportunities I might not have gotten otherwise.

None of that He Man Woman Haters Club b.s. for me, thanks.

The only girls I have actually had platonic friendships with are my friend's girlfriends. I'm not a sloppy seconds kind of guy, so after one of my boys hit it I immediately put her in my friend zone/wing woman category. One or two of them I knew before one of my buddies started dating them, and I still keep in touch. They are more like sisters because I've known them since I was a kid. They add social proof and introduce me to their friends so girls like this are good to keep around.

I have no need to actively seek out new female friends per se, but I do have some that I have known for many years that I am on platonic terms with. We might do things like go to concerts for bands we both have in common, or to parties or go hiking or something outdoorsy. These are girls I'm not interested in hooking up with, they are just activity partners more or less and we share some common interests. We might talk about serious life issues as well.

I have a male friend, I met him in 2004. (omg! LOL) We went out once, but we are more friends than a couple. He tells me everything that he wants (even about his GF) and I tell him everything I want (men, friendships, so on)... He gaves me a male perspective of the facts I don't know what I would do without his opinion sometimes. He is more objective than my female friends.

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

Quote: (06-07-2011 06:20 PM)Mrs. Chocolate Wrote:  

I have a male friend, I met him in 2004. (omg! LOL) We went out once, but we are more friends than a couple. He tells me everything that he wants (even about his GF) and I tell him everything I want (men, friendships, so on)... He gaves me a male perspective of the facts I don't know what I would do without his opinion sometimes. He is more objective than my female friends.

this post was supposed to be about males having female "platonic" friends! Not sure why mrs. chocolate (female?) is even commenting on here.
Anyways I haven't had a female friend since HS...unfortunately even for random non-sexual things like playing tennis with my female co-workers dirty thoughts still enter my mind. Thus too much risk involved in having female friends

Did you ever have sex with him?

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Some of my best friends have been women and I'm not at all averse to befriending them. I'm pretty open and like to talk about the big issues in life and women seem attuned to that. Many of the men I've been around seem put off by certain conversations but I feel I can talk to women about anything. I guess they're more understanding and less combative. A lot of guys I know seem to want to make an argument out of everything and it pisses me off. There is a limit to befriending girls though. I think I can only take one at a time. When girls get together in numbers the irrationality increases exponentially.

My preference has always been personal interaction with women, group interaction with men (with some women occasionally sprinkled in for balance).

Befriending chicks I'm attracted to is another matter however. I think it really depends on how sexually interesting the girl is. If she's "bangable", I can friend her; but if she's giving me a boner all the time then there's no chance, especially if she's a friend's girlfriend. I still look at my female friends' asses and feel kinda guilty sometimes, but, well, there's no stoppin' it...

I need more women around me to act as social proof and get me into some social circles. I'm workin' on getting more around me.

I have a few attractive female friends that I have never slept with. I've even gone on vacations with two of them. Over the years I've learned that you get more looks from females if you enter a place with a dime on your arm than rolling in solo.

Granted all the friendships starting as working relationships and developed from there. My female friends no that I'm no good but still they let me use them as a tool to pull other broads. [Image: banana.gif]

I've got an older female friend (you'd know her as "Colombia" from my Cabo story) that I'd consider a platonic friend. I stopped taking her advice when I got into game, but it's nice to have her around to get different perspectives.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Quote: (06-07-2011 09:20 PM)Moma Wrote:  

Did you ever have sex with him?

No, I didn't...
@Hokie30 - Really? Again? Because I am a girl I'm ruining your frat moment... bla bla bla.

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

A girl being an acquaintance is one thing, being a friend is another (unless she's like a homegirl that you grew up with).

I don't waste time or energy on female "friends", as a man, the concept makes no sense to me whatsoever because I don't look at a female and think to myself, "wow, she looks like she'd be a great friend."

Seems to me, that a few guys here have women in their lives that they want to fuck, but can't, so they'll take them in whatever capacity they can have them.

Funny shit right here about dudes being friends with chicks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-tJSvlZ8...dded#at=24

Yeah, I've discovered the hard way how different I am from chicks. I stopped pretending that chicks and dudes have anything in common except A) Fucking to fuck or B) Fucking to make a baby. Politics, sports, interests outside of fashion and "domestic" pursuits... absolutely nothing in common.

However, I have found a scam/game on the platonic theme. On Craigs List three of four years ago I use to post an ad in the Strictly Platonic section saying I was off the market and recovering from heartbreak, but still wanted to hang with women because I enjoy their company, etc. And so I would offer up a day at the beach together with me giving her surfing lessons but with the agreement that she wouldn't try and make a move on me after such a wet and wonderful day as "friends" at the beach (I even made her pay for gas, lunch, surfboard/wetsuit rental, etc.). I did this three times. Two of the chicks I wound up fucking, one right there in the van on the way home from the beach. As soon as I ripped her panties off she screamed with delight and laughter "I knew it! I knew that you were not celebate and would fuck!" (or something to that effect). It was awesome, I felt like I had really accomplished something in life.

I think I'm gonna start doing this on eHarmony or some Christian site, posing as a righteous religious man. Boy, I bet you could really soil some pristine panties. Those chicks just gotta' be pent up and ready to blow from all their psycho-chastity vampire suck all my blood out rape-me fantasy babble. Shit, American chicks... never met such a bunch of delusional wanna' be closet whores. C'mon girls! Give it up! Its just pussy and dick. Don't be afraid.

So yeah, I would scratch all this "lets be friends" stuff, although hotties do beget hotties (you know "Birds of a feather), so who knows for sure. I've certainly been wrong before. Suppose it all just depends on the situation (how's that for "insightful" [Image: idea.gif]).

Good luck!

Quote: (06-22-2011 10:42 AM)Purple Urkle Wrote:  

However, I have found a scam/game on the platonic theme. On Craigs List three of four years ago I use to post an ad in the Strictly Platonic section saying I was off the market and recovering from heartbreak, but still wanted to hang with women because I enjoy their company, etc. And so I would offer up a day at the beach together with me giving her surfing lessons but with the agreement that she wouldn't try and make a move on me after such a wet and wonderful day as "friends" at the beach (I even made her pay for gas, lunch, surfboard/wetsuit rental, etc.). I did this three times. Two of the chicks I wound up fucking, one right there in the van on the way home from the beach. As soon as I ripped her panties off she screamed with delight and laughter "I knew it! I knew that you were not celebate and would fuck!" (or something to that effect). It was awesome, I felt like I had really accomplished something in life.

That's genius

Just saw Purple's post. That was pretty smart...

Quote: (06-22-2011 10:42 AM)Purple Urkle Wrote:  

Yeah, I've discovered the hard way how different I am from chicks. I stopped pretending that chicks and dudes have anything in common except A) Fucking to fuck or B) Fucking to make a baby. Politics, sports, interests outside of fashion and "domestic" pursuits... absolutely nothing in common.

I think I'm gonna start doing this on eHarmony or some Christian site, posing as a righteous religious man. Boy, I bet you could really soil some pristine panties. Those chicks just gotta' be pent up and ready to blow from all their psycho-chastity vampire suck all my blood out rape-me fantasy babble. Shit, American chicks... never met such a bunch of delusional wanna' be closet whores. C'mon girls! Give it up! Its just pussy and dick. Don't be afraid.

So yeah, I would scratch all this "lets be friends" stuff, although hotties do beget hotties (you know "Birds of a feather), so who knows for sure. I've certainly been wrong before. Suppose it all just depends on the situation (how's that for "insightful" [Image: idea.gif]).

Good luck!

Great idea. Indirect. Mysterious. Your presented a challenge to them...at a subconscious level. Very appealing to girls psychology. Machiavellian masterminding.
Bravo!

I can see a platonic relationship with an attractive female occurring where as I use her as my Wingwoman and giving me social proof. Other than that, I see no point

Quote: (06-28-2011 01:07 AM)RaulValdez739 Wrote:  

I can see a platonic relationship with an attractive female occurring where as I use her as my Wingwoman and giving me social proof. Other than that, I see no point
Quote:Quote:

Even my best male friends have criticized me about this.

My motto has always been "if we are not fukkin'...we are not friends". Even in the case when I run into some chick that I cannot fukk (for some reason), my conversation is basically like:

1) How are You?
2) How is the family?...work?...school?
3) Bye

I really never saw the need to have a prolonged conversation with any female that I am not fukkin'. I have been this way like forever and personally, I think it has worked for me because I never was in a "unknown status" with some chick....unlike some guys I know.

Thoughts?
Understood totally. Like you I find the thought of listening to their mindless prattle without any gain or specific end a useless exercise. But like others have said its the best gateway to other chicks. I took out a platonic homegirl from back in the day for lunch to get her hot friend's number last week. Its much easier.

I have one great platonic female friend - she's an international (formerly Rome, now in Paris). She hit me up online over two years ago, and even though I wasn't attracted, she was the kind of interesting person I wanted to know (she's traveled and worked all over the world, speaks 4 languages, etc.). She came through New York not long after we started corresponding, and we've been great friends ever since. I stayed with her in Rome (her then boyfriend was there too), and have an open invite anytime I want to come through Paris. We write and webcam/videocall often. She loves me to death, and talks me up to all her girlfriends (better than having a PR firm on retainer!). Otherwise, I have female acquaintences. Actual female friends serve no purpose for me otherwise. Someone on this site once wrote that if a chick isn't fucking him, soon to be fucking him, or helping him fuck other chicks, she's useless. For the most part, that's true.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."