rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Casual Approach or Planned?

Just wondering if it's best to plan one's approach, or simply be casual and let it flow naturally (with maybe some pre-planned aspects but not an overly scripted technique)?

I'd say the best way is to seem natural at it. It's up to you if you need a plan to fake it or can do it casually.

Taking a few moments to think about what you're going to say is fine, so long as you're not using the 'planning time' as a crutch to avoid the approach (and yes, I've done that myself). Try both and use whatever works best, but erring on the side of spontaneity will probably make your game more versatile.

Danke.

•Practice and plan at home.

•Have a general plan of how each conversation will go, and where your predefined entry and exit points are, so you're not puttering out. (eg I use a personalized GALNUC model for this)

• It is good to have a short list of—single-word, so that they are easy to remember, if nervous—topics, but if you are doing the previous point, then that kinda is your shortlist.

•On the street, just go casual

Take this with a big grain of salt, but I like to think of some contextually appropriate openers wherever I am just as practice. So if I do decide to approach, I've got some talking topics in mind.