rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What's the psychology behind everybody rainbowfying their FB profile pics?

I guess it was fag pride day a few days ago, and a ton of my Facebook friends overlayed their FB profile pics with a rainbow image.

I'm sure you all have seen it too.

What do you guys reckon is the psychology behind this 'rainbow knighting', especially for straight men?

What's the secondary payoff of declaring "I fully support dudes banging each others' buttholes?"

They are declaring their idiocy to the world.

[Image: lemmings.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]

Deus vult!

"The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. ...We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of. This is a logical result of the way in which our democratic society is organized. Vast numbers of human beings must cooperate in this manner if they are to live together as a smoothly functioning society. ...In almost every act of our daily lives, whether in the sphere of politics or business, in our social conduct or our ethical thinking, we are dominated by the relatively small number of persons...who understand the mental processes and social patterns of the masses. It is they who pull the wires which control the public mind."

-Edward Bernays, 1928

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

It was a social experiment.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...-test.html

People pretending it effects them, I'm annoyed by the fakeness (if that's a word) of it all.

The less fucks you give, the more fucks you get.

The question is: if you had a business with a Facebook page that drove a lot of traffic and sales, would you go rainbow? If you were 90% sure that it would mean $$$.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Quote: (07-02-2015 01:12 AM)VincentVinturi Wrote:  

What do you guys reckon is the psychology behind this 'rainbow knighting', especially for straight men?

What's the secondary payoff of declaring "I fully support dudes banging each others' buttholes?"

The straight guys I have seen do it have all had one thing in common: a wife or an overbearing faghag girlfriend.

It's just white knighting by proxy. With a side of sanctimonious herd mentality.

I have been toying with the idea of dropping a status update like "Never thought a rainbow would conjure the words 'insufferable twat' in my mind"

People who are weak and without a firm sense of identity derive great sense of power and pride from "belonging to the right cause", no matter how idiotic it is. It is merely enough for the cause to be popular (even on a small scale), its actual merits or lack of are not so important.

In the past, this sort of attention whoring used to be somewhat limited by the actual effort required for being a part of a cause (crafting a sign, walking to somewhere, handing leaflets...), but with the rise of social media all that it takes now is one click and zero effort. There are no more limits on expressing fanaticism; the ego boost is now free.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

I've seen this shit on Tinder too.

[Image: Screenshot_2015_07_01_08_04_38.png]

Sheeple
[Image: 2gv6640.jpg]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

These fuckers need to check their not-colorblind privilege.

Relevant: Am I an arsehole if I remove my rainbow profile pic?

The herd are looking for direction here. Mamamia = Aussie Jezebel.

Question.
Quote:Quote:

But now, Pride is over in the US, and we’re left wondering when exactly is the PC time to change our fabulously filtered photos back to the norm without looking like big ol’ jerks?

Do we leave it there until Australia finally legalises gay marriage (which, at this glacial rate, could be a while)? Wait until friends start changing theirs back? Replace it as soon as we stumble across our next flattering selfie? What to do…?

Answer.
Quote:Quote:

In search of the answer, we looked to Mark Zuckerberg – Mr Facebook himself – for guidance. Old mate Z-berg, who makes something like 30 million bajillion dollars every 20 seconds, has been a loud and proud Celebrate Pride advocate. Even his dog, Beast, got into the spirit of things with this super-cool dog scrunchy.

[Image: beast.png]

But last night (our time), Zuck made the call that it was TIME. He changed his profile picture back to the old side-smiling-you-caught-me-off-guard-I-swear-it’s-not-posed photo.

M.Z. is a pretty cool guy. If he has reverted back, it must be OK.

So, basically, the answer is that you can take your rainbow filter off any time you want without being an arsehole.

Because you had it there in the first place

Shitlords. All of you.

Quote: (07-02-2015 04:03 AM)Seboist Wrote:  

Well Tinder pics are derived from Facebook pics, so that makes sense.

Signalling

It's just in-group signalling all the way down.

Woof.

[Image: tumblr_me4br1SYrA1rjfjujo1_400.gif]

It's not different then years ago when people would change their Facebook default pictures to cartoon characters to "stop child abuse." It's slacktivism at best and attention whoring at worse. Same 'ole shit different day. People will get over it soon enough

It's a way to status whore.

Human beings have always competed for status. Nowadays we compete for status by showing how good of a person we are and instilling warm feels. By displaying the rainbow flag on your profile picture, you're essentially telling people to admire you because of how enlightened and accepting and tolerant you are.

Read my Latest at Return of Kings: 11 Lessons in Leadership from Julius Caesar
My Blog | Twitter

Quote: (07-02-2015 07:35 AM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

Signalling

It's just in-group signalling all the way down.

Yep. Status signalling with more than a hint of narcissism.

This paper cites a report that asked Prius owners to list their top five reasons why they purchased the car, the number one reason given was because it “makes a statement about me.”

Caitlyn Jenner when she was younger? Fuck I thought the side angle was supposed to be the best look. I guess if I saw the full frontal I might react like a deer in headlights. Someone throw me some eye bleach. Thanks.

On a serious note, some girl I took a picture of wanted me to put a rainbow on it. I didn't. But I do wonder if woman having a gay friends heavily impacts her ability to interact with straight men. And the, what appears to be, more shallow nature rubs off on them. A lot of gay men can act real cunty and it is celebrated.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

This is a great example of group-think, because gayness is a disease yet everyone acts like it's something to be celebrated.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Do you guys remember a couple of years ago the Zuck killed a pig and declared he would only eat what he killed? I wonder if he is still doing that. How un PC.

Most men I know can't stand the ruling or the attention-whoring fake-supporting movement.

Most women are attention-whoring fake-supporters.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

[Image: 76XdoIB.jpg]

You basically have to delete facebook to maintain your sanity these days.