rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why do you live where you live?

My question is are you happy where you live?
Would you like to live somewhere else?
What is stopping you from moving?

I ask because I am at a crossroads where I live, I know Toronto will not be the place I retire. I stay here for various reasons, none that include women.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

I live in a shitty second tier city full of muslims and other assorted first generation immigrants.

Money can only insulate one from this to a certain degree.

I live here because my business is based here, which is because I'm originally from not far away. My family and the gf's family are close by.

I want to live in the countryside, in a chocolate box village; real England, the England I remember growing up in.

What stops me is purely the fact that I can't yet afford the kind of house I want. When I can, I'm gone. My children will not be brought up in this dump.

I live in London. Why do I live here? Well, things were tough in Spain due to the economic situation there and through my friends here along with my credentials I was able to secure a good position and frankly it seemed like a very 'romantic' and vibrant place to live in. I cherished the opportunity and the sense of adventure the city had; Barcelona gave off that vibe when I first moved there but it didn't last and life became repetitive and boring. Then I met my girlfriend's grandfather, a wealthy Afrikaner settled in the UK, and through social events I came into contact with his granddaughter who became my girlfriend. Yes, I'm happy here; I love my girlfriend, her family, this city and this country. The city is immense and it gives me a chance to use game and gain the odd notch or two whilst still keeping my gf. Would I like to move somewhere else? Yes and no. I'd like to divide my time amongst several European countries but at the end of the day I'd return to London regularly. What is stopping me from moving? Well, I'm nearing absolute location-independence but nothing really stops me from moving to a nearby country. Moving to another continent would result in a heavy drop in income but I could move to any country in the EU without suffering any consequences as long as I flew into the UK regularly.

Oh yes, I'm so privileged you literally can't even.
Interested in joining the FFL? I tried (and failed).

Good question, one that i feel could actually help alot of people.

My question is are you happy where you live? A resounding no, my 'hometown' is Brussels, arguably the most depressing place i've ever lived. People there walk around with their heads down all the time, grumpy, horrendous amount of radical muslims , depressed young people and a lack of opportunities. Add to that a rough childhood and bad memories, no, when i leave this place, i will never return, not even to visit my family.

Would you like to live somewhere else? Yes, i'm moving out to Poland in july, i got lucky with a great job there. Since i'm still very young, i'm going to spend the next couple of years figuring out my place in this crazy world and try to find out just where the hell i fit in. Hopefully by the time i'm 22 i will have found that out or atleast be working towards something that i plan to make my career.

What is stopping you from moving? Nothing. Although looking back on it, i should have made the decision to move sooner. I guess i stayed because i felt i had to 'prove' something towards my old friends and family, i always let my pride get in the way.

Quote: (06-22-2015 05:53 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

I ask because I am at a crossroads where I live, I know Toronto will not be the place I retire. I stay here for various reasons, none that include women.

Yes. But that is by design and by experience. I have lived and traveled to a lot of places and yet I am always drawn back to Vancouver. By design I mean I have worked my ass off, made good choices and have been a stubborn asshole to make sure that my life here was on my terms.

Of course. But I am done looking for another city to move to in the same way as I look at Vancouver. I am close to having a life divided up between two possibly three cities that I love. To me this is much more aligned to my happiness at this stage of my life than was the nomadic life of my 20's.

Nothing. Everything. Because I love my life here I never think about moving away. I travel enough to keep my curiosity appeased, have enough wilderness and adventure just a quick dirtbike or boatride away which is necessary for my lizard brain.

Having said that, my life started rural with land, rivers, lakes and mountains. My next move will likely be to fertile land in south central BC to live out my days but if I see behavior problems with my son by living too long in the Downtown Eastside then I will likely be out sooner.

-The question of an am I happy?
Answer is no. I don't like the SF Bay Area because of how expensive it is, the types of people who live here (SJW ground zero), the dating scene doesn't hit it for me, and most of my friends (actual) have left. The only reasons why I'm still here is because my family and I haven't come up with the money to leave. I'm at the brink of getting a union apprenticeship
job and I might stay until I reach journeyman.

-Would I like to live elsewhere?
Yes. I want to move out to the Upper Midwest and get away from delusional West Coast tree huggers. Plus, I want to live where in an area where I can start extremely new.

-What's stopping me?
Money. If I had a career, I would have been out of California in a heart beat.

Quote:Quote:

Yes. Am I completely happy? No. However, the positives still vastly outweigh the negatives. I've lived in the same place a long time. The biggest thing I am unhappy with is my lack of time at home.

I would like to live in a better home with some more space, however my location is very good. If I were to move, it would be another beach town with at least as good weather/logistics. The weather where I live is pretty solid so I can't complain, although a more tropical location with perfect weather, warmer water, better diving would be an upgrade.

Money. Another thing that would cause me to hesitate from moving far is my girlfriend, family, and friends.

Because it's like a mini paradise/vacation. I'm less than a block from the sand, I can see a bit of the pier and a bit of the ocean from my place, and I'm only a block or two away from most of the shops, restaurants/bars, and events that occur in my beach town. When I'm not working I can put my car in my garage and either longboard or bike just about anywhere I'd want to be.

Play sports? A walk down to the beach or a bike ride to a big sports complex. Maybe a short drive over to the waterfront view golf course or shoot some pool at my buddy's living room pool table overlooking the ocean and the beach a short drive or medium/long bike ride away.

Pool/hot tub? 5-10 blocks away

Gym? 4 blocks away

Surfing? A short walk

Beach Volleyball with girl in bikinis? In five minutes I can be on the sand finished saying hi to people on multiple courts and either be in a game or up next. Girls in bikinis walk by my front door/small patio day in and day out.

Feel like grabbing a bite to eat? Walk over to lots of options

Run/Bike for a workout? Just hop on the boardwalk and head up or down the coast right through lots of other beaches, harbors, etc...

Walk the dog? Sure, head down to the beach specifically for dogs and their owners. Flirt with the cute girls while your dogs frolic around.

Gas in the car? About a block away

Breakfast burrito/sandwich and some $1 coffee refill in a travel mug? About a 15 second walk.

Get on the water? Within a 10-35 minute drive there's a selection of harbors and various rental stand up paddleboards, kayaks, personal watercraft as well as a couple different friend's boats to snag a ride on to go fishing, freediving, etc...

Grab some fish tacos and a cold one on a patio overlooking the beach/ocean? 2 blocks away.

Take a girl to go see/pet some horses? Go for a short drive.

See badass classic cars as well as expensive and exotic cars? Walk over to a car show, walk down the street and see them driving out in the sunshine.

Drink locally brewed beer? Sure, just a few blocks away. Walk home with a growler full of your favorite for under $10 bucks.

Learn salsa, find a big dance floor playing "club/dance music," or go to a chill dive bar and sing some karaoke? All within a very short walk.

Find a gorgeous blonde girl sitting and having a drink alone on the warm patio, talk to her, get her laughing, try to get your buddy to take her home but she presses her number into your hands and says, "I really wish you were single..." with the biggest fuck me eyes ever? Well that was last night a few blocks from my place.

I'm not in paradise, but sometimes I feel like it. I used to live inland and the times that I go to that area and the surrounding areas, I feel like it's just a dump. No attractive girls, no nice cars, people don't seem all that happy and they bore me.

Where I live makes me happy.

Read My Old Blog - Subscribe To My Old Blog
Top Posts - Fake Rape? - Sex With A Tranny? - Rich MILF - What is a 9?

"Failure is just practice for success"

The Florida pandhandle...confederate states of America.

Well sort of. The beaches are lovely, the weather nice. But I loathe the 'southern' culture here -- and the fat chicks.

Yes. South America, or maybe go pack to Europe.

Nothing. Will be moving at the end of summer.

LA.

Yes. Weather is awesome. Food is great. Culture and activities are great. Location to other places are good. Bitches are stuck up. People here suck. Traffic is hell. But there's no expectations like other parts in America to settle down here. When people settle down, they usually bone the fuck outta LA proper and move to the burbs.

Possibly. I'd always like to maintain a presence here though. I'd only want to move either to New York, Paris or Barcelona.

Laziness. I've kind of carved a niche out here and I'm pretty comfortable.

LA.

No but there are worse places to live. I would love to live a few months in each city and have LA be my home city

Yes, I'd love to live in a few places BUT maybe its the youth speaking.

$$$$. My job and roots are here.

If I move I am looking at a huge pay-cut (6 figs paycut) or a very long rebuild w/unsure results

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

Where?
Austria
Why?
Mountains

'Nuff said.

Deus vult!

Not at the moment. I'm living in a big mansion on the "countryside".
The kind of place where big city people are going to relax.
However, my soul craves adventure,buzzing big cities and action right now and this place is the polar opposite of that. Also the people who are living here are not the type I prefer hanging out with. The "Jante Law" is strong here and it's not easy to find ambitious people who are going after their dreams. Dating scene horrible aswell since there aint much people around. Everybody knows everybody.

That said, this place would be the optimal place for having a family.
Safe,clean and secure. Excellent place to grow up. However I'm not there... yet.

The biggest downside is the climate. Minimum six months of shitty weather, not to mention the darkness.

Yes. At least for some time or even part time. I could see myself spending 4-5months here when the weather is not so bad (May- Sept) and rest of the year somewhere else. As I said, right now I'm a big fan of being in big cities but nobody knows if that will change in the future. I would like to spend a longer time in a preferred city for sure.
I like how the cities grow on me as more time I'm spending there.

However,I don't know if the urge of traveling and exploring the world will ever go away. Feels like I'm scarred for life haha.

Actually nothing. There are a few roadblocks, but nothing that I can't overcome.
All my businesses are based here so that's been one thing that's kept me coming back. During the last year I have been thinking about selling away some of my businesses as I don't feel passionate about them anymore.

I used to feel strongly about my roots as I'm in the 22:ond generation of a straight bloodline from father to son who owns and taking care of this place. The bloodline might go further back in time but the records doesn't go longer than year 1501.

However I wont let my roots or bloodline dictate how I'm going to live my life.

I might make a move to a cool place somewhere later this year.
Let's see how things are evolving.

The clock is ticking for some adventure. Tick tock.

deleted.

No. (NYC)

Yes. (Japan or another Asian country with high pay)

I get paid a lot to be here.

Quote: (06-22-2015 09:03 PM)AneroidOcean Wrote:  

Because it's like a mini paradise/vacation.

Play sports? A walk down to the beach or a bike ride to a big sports complex. Maybe a short drive over to the waterfront view golf course or shoot some pool at my buddy's living room pool table overlooking the ocean and the beach a short drive or medium/long bike ride away.

Pool/hot tub? 5-10 blocks away

Gym? 4 blocks away

Surfing? A short walk

Beach Volleyball with girl in bikinis? In five minutes I can be on the sand finished saying hi to people on multiple courts and either be in a game or up next. Girls in bikinis walk by my front door/small patio day in and day out.

Feel like grabbing a bite to eat? Walk over to lots of options

Run/Bike for a workout? Just hop on the boardwalk and head up or down the coast right through lots of other beaches, harbors, etc...

Walk the dog? Sure, head down to the beach specifically for dogs and their owners. Flirt with the cute girls while your dogs frolic around.

Gas in the car? About a block away

Breakfast burrito/sandwich and some $1 coffee refill in a travel mug? About a 15 second walk.

Get on the water? Within a 10-35 minute drive there's a selection of harbors and various rental stand up paddleboards, kayaks, personal watercraft as well as a couple different friend's boats to snag a ride on to go fishing, freediving, etc...

Grab some fish tacos and a cold one on a patio overlooking the beach/ocean? 2 blocks away.

Take a girl to go see/pet some horses? Go for a short drive.

Learn salsa, find a big dance floor playing "club/dance music," or go to a chill dive bar and sing some karaoke? All within a very short walk.

Find a gorgeous blonde girl sitting and having a drink alone on the warm patio, talk to her, get her laughing, try to get your buddy to take her home but she presses her number into your hands and says, "I really wish you were single..." with the biggest fuck me eyes ever? Well that was last night a few blocks from my place.

I'm not in paradise, but sometimes I feel like it. I used to live inland and the times that I go to that area and the surrounding areas, I feel like it's just a dump. No attractive girls, no nice cars, people don't seem all that happy and they bore me.

Where I live makes me happy.

Where is this? It sounds fantastic

No. Not at all. I live about an hour from the major city I grew up in and where I work, the drive sucks and the area is terrible. Thinking more everyday I don't think I will be much happier if I moved back to the city, I think I have just outgrown it. I'm completely different than my oldest friends and just feel out of place nowadays there and around them.

Yes. I got out once, although it didn't work out because of a major mistake I made I believe I can do it again. It would be pretty easy since I don't really have any major commitments here other than family.

As most people, Finances. I don't have anything set up where I could just take off and live somewhere else and be comfortable financially. I'm hoping with a little time and effort I can make this work, at least get something set up where I can make enough for a basic budget, I don't really need much, I'm pretty minimal.

It's better than the two previous U.S. mid Atlantic cities that I've lived in but there's much left to be desired here. I'm not in love with where I live nor do I hate it.

Yes. LA and Miami are the only other places in the U.S. that I would like to live in but I don't have the bankroll to do those cities the way that I want to. Though I've never been to Brazil or Colombia, I think that I would like to live in a coastal town in either of those countries as well.

I just started a new job that pays pretty well for where I live so I'm hoping to stack some cash for another couple of years and either ride the wave of this young company to another part of the U.S. or just put aside enough that I can make a move on my own if I still feel the urge.

Are you happy where you live? No, it's pure misery for me here.
Would you like to live somewhere else? Of course.
What is stopping you from moving? 1) My job binds me to a region/jurisdiction, and 2) I struggle to believe it would be that much better for me elsewhere anyway.

No. I live in a decent tier 3 city in a so-so state. The weather sucks here, cold as fuck in the winter and hot and humid in the summer plus you are swatting mosquitos. When it really comes down to it I think I'm just bored.

I've been planning a move to the west coast since back in December. I want to do some time in CA and then branch out somewhere else, maybe Nevada or AZ. After having lived in the forest for so long and having ridiculously high levels of humidity throughout the year I really want to go to a desert climate. I also want to be where the hunting is good. If I ever went back to school I would probably go to Montana.

Not much right now, but my LTR is trying her best to change my plans to get me to stay here. Realistically the smart move would be for me to stay here where the cost of living is cheap, but I'm young and haven't used up my allotted amount of stupid decisions yet and I think I could hustle enough to do alright in CA.

Chicago suburbs. It's close to my job and family.

I love being close to family, love Chicago and Northern/Midwest scenery and some aspects of the culture. Chicago suffers from many of the problems that plague the USA in general though. The women/dating options are pretty terrible.

Not anywhere else in the United States. However, Western Europe and certain parts of Latin America do appeal to me.

I'm pretty dedicated to being close to my family members at this point in my life. Also, relocation to another country is difficult; work, residence, attaining fluency in another language, etc.

Quote: (06-23-2015 08:01 PM)civpro Wrote:  

Are you happy where you live? No, it's pure misery for me here.
Would you like to live somewhere else? Of course.
What is stopping you from moving? 1) My job binds me to a region/jurisdiction, and 2) I struggle to believe it would be that much better for me elsewhere anyway.

If you are miserable where you are then chances are it will not be the same everywhere in the world.

Of course you will NEVER know until you make the move, by yourself.

Only you can control your happiness.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Quote: (06-22-2015 08:54 PM)Bones707 Wrote:  

-The question of an am I happy?
Answer is no. I don't like the SF Bay Area because of how expensive it is, the types of people who live here (SJW ground zero), the dating scene doesn't hit it for me, and most of my friends (actual) have left. The only reasons why I'm still here is because my family and I haven't come up with the money to leave. I'm at the brink of getting a union apprenticeship
job and I might stay until I reach journeyman.

-Would I like to live elsewhere?
Yes. I want to move out to the Upper Midwest and get away from delusional West Coast tree huggers. Plus, I want to live where in an area where I can start extremely new.

-What's stopping me?
Money. If I had a career, I would have been out of California in a heart beat.

Ha. Everyone up here dreams of moving out west someday. The grass is truly greener.

I was born and raised in Wisconsin. I used to hate the region until I moved away after graduating high school. I have either lived in or visited the majority of the U.S. since then.

After a handful of years, I moved back. You would never realize the little things you miss about your city/state/region when moving to another part of the country. Now, I live two hours from my home town and family. Living in a college town on the Mississippi, I'm only a few blocks away from a beach filled with cute girls. The cost of living is cheap as hell and I'm about to start buying investment properties due to the cost of real estate vs. the current growth of the city. I used to dream about living out west but one trip a year does it for me while keeping my roots up here.

Bones, PM me any questions you have on the Upper Midwest. There are way more red-pill/sane people up here, as long as you aren't on a campus. I can give you info on most cities in the region as I've traveled quite extensively throughout the area. I could also give you more info on where I'm currently at, as well as specifics I don't feel comfortable broadcasting on a public forum.

Quote: (06-23-2015 11:03 AM)EuroSlumming Wrote:  

Where is this? It sounds fantastic

Can't really say, but there are many beach towns that can afford you half of this on both the east and west coasts of the USA as well as around the world.

Some people say it's expensive to live by the beach. I say it's worth it.

Read My Old Blog - Subscribe To My Old Blog
Top Posts - Fake Rape? - Sex With A Tranny? - Rich MILF - What is a 9?

"Failure is just practice for success"

I live in New York.

Love it, would spend a lot more time over the other city I travel often to (Boston).

Sure why not.

Immigration, once that clears i'm out of here.

A lot of cities in the north east (including Toronto) do a "good enough" job of keeping its people comfortable. Be careful because eventually you'll look at yourself in the mirror and you'll be 50. A friend of mine said that to me and I got a chill down my spine.

warm weather, good food, cheap housing, cute girls. Why do I live here again?

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.