rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Parents who feed their children shit should be charged with child abuse.

Let me start off by saying that I've been working at a grocery store part time for the past four years now. It's bland and boring, and I'm happy that I have plans to move on to bigger and better jobs that focus more on my major as I continue through my college career. But working here has given me an inside focus on something that over the last few years I’ve grown to be very passionate about: fat people.

I always knew of the awful state that the United States was in in terms of health and obesity issues. So it would be a lie to say that I’ve “learned” this during my work, but rather it has reinforced what I already knew. After all, it’s no secret that America is slumping into an irreversible decline into a deep state of fattiness. Over 2/3 of American adults are overweight, and over 1/3 is obese. These are cold-hard facts, and the numbers show these ugly statistics getting worse as time goes on.

Working at a place that sells food, and doing my fair share of 'people watching' during slow times, I’ve began to realize and understand a trend. Something that should have been very obvious to me before my work, and should be known by everyone. Fat kids have fat parents who buy fat food for their fat family.

First off: Fat kids have fat parents. This can somewhat be taken with a grain of salt, since it’s common for growing children to enter a chubby state before the major growth spurt that is puberty. But overall, you can see a trend. Overweight children are the result of overweight parents.

[Image: Fat%20family.jpg?fit=1024%2C1024]
[Image: one-big-happy-family-tlc-475x350.jpg]
[Image: article-2643858-026820E4000004B0-813_634x409.jpg]

Now most of these fatties, and a lot of our society today, like to make the excuse of unfortunate genetics. The reason this trend exists is because of their woe-as-me bad genes. I'm sure all of you have heard it. "I drink diet soda!" "I buy the low-sodium chips!" And my favorite, "I always make sure to go with the gluten-free option!" "And still, I'm a big person. It's just my genetics. It runs in the family, so there's nothing I can do about it."

[Image: tumblr_mqbaz9_Es9_U1symmvdo1_1280.jpg]

That’s right, many fatties are retarded enough to believe that by taking the fat free, sugar free, low calorie option of toxic foods, they’re literally doing everything they can to lose weight and be healthy. So if they don’t get skinny after a few weeks of stuffing their face with Weight Watchers TV dinners, then that’s it. They’ve done all they can. It’s just genetics.

[Image: yEaA8P.gif]

But the almighty truth is that this is a flat-out myth that only exists to make hams and warthogs feel good about themselves at the end of the day so that they don’t have to take responsibility for their poor decisions. Eating the healthier version of an unhealthy food is only scratching the surface of what a person can do to lose weight and be healthy.

So that leads there to only be two reasons for these fat people to be the weight that they are: eating shit food and being too lazy to exercise. Not getting up and moving around is one thing, but in this thread I want to specifically talk about the ‘shit food’ part. This leads me to the other half of my statement: Fat parents buy fat food for their fat family. Specifically in households with children, this is fucking disgraceful and should not be taken lightly.

Children, especially younger ones, do not have the volunteer knowledge and capacity to think for themselves and understand the long-term effects of toxic foods. So when mommy and daddy are constantly feeding them these shit foods, they’re not going to say “I’m concerned of the possible future health problems that eating ten Kid Cuisines a week could cause.” No, they’re going to literally eat it all up, because it tastes good.

With no healthy alternatives in a world of constant shit-eating, it’s no wonder walking lumpsacks breed children who pop up like balloons just like them.

[Image: groceriesjpg-ef1ecf01baa4a32d_large.jpg]

And it’s not just at grocery stores. I’m sure many of you have seen it everywhere, especially for those of you who have worked in fast food. Like big fat, like little fat.

[Image: parents-kids-obesity.jpg]

In a nutshell, parents who feed their children nothing but toxic foods are giving them no other choice but to be fat and unhealthy.

But being the guardian of a human who cannot think for themselves, you would think that when parents take on that responsibility, they would understand the importance of their role in their child’s precious life, and therefore give their offspring good health so that they can live a life free of any risks, diseases, or any sort of body troubles, right? Well you’re wrong. You forgot about the generation and society we live in today. Anyone, and I cannot stress this enough, literally fucking anyone can be a parent.

Plus, as I’m sure everyone here knows, fat acceptance is a recent and growing social propaganda within our society. It’s okay to be fat. Let’s ignore the health risks that come with being overweight - People who make attempts to persuade others to not be fat are just ignorant.

Going along with this, I think it’s funny that we live in a society that is so focused on finding a cure for diseases like cancer and type 1 diabetes, because currently they are unfortunately not preventable, and yet our society shrugs off and normalizes fat lifestyles that lead to life-threatening diseases that are preventable that kill people. To me, that’s just downright fucking silly.

Kids who are fed nothing but shit are the victim; their parent(s) the criminal. Fat people can be fat all they want, but they do not seem to understand the evil that they are committing when they bring a life or lives into this world and pass on the same unhealthy habits to these children, who will then turn around and pass this on to their offspring. The circle of fat life will continue unless we make some attempt to put a stop to it.

[Image: overweight-parents-fat-children1.jpg]

Let me say as a disclaimer that I am reasonable. I do not think that one family trip to Burger King makes you deserving of a public whipping, or buying a box of Cheez-Its for your kids makes you an awful parent. But, like every sane man should, I believe in moderation. When I was a kid, my parents would take me to McDonalds once every two-or-so weeks, they’d buy me TV dinners, and I’d get a dessert most nights after dinner. But somehow now, being 20 years old and 5’10”, I’m a healthy 153lbs. Why? Well, I was also fed many healthy foods in my childhood, and now that I’ve reached early adulthood, this has influenced me to embrace healthy ideals. My mother didn’t work when my brother and I were younger, so she would make us healthy dinners on weeknights consisting of whole foods, and even when she went back into work, she always made sure to get off at a decent time so she could continue the trend of cooking dinner while my father was finishing his shift. As opposed to the now-modern adulthood within our society, where both parents work 9-5 jobs and always make the excuse that they only have enough time to pick up fast food or throw a frozen pizza in the oven for a family dinner at the end of the day. Because y’know, being an independent working woman is more important than feeding your children that you brought into this world good, healthy meals. (This is one of the reasons why I am against the decline of nuclear families and traditional gender roles, but that is a different subject.)

Parents who shrug off the role that they have on their children's health must be criminally punished for child abuse. Sure, making toxic foods the only available option for kids isn’t necessarily as bad as forcing them to snort meth off a knife Tuco Salamanca-style, but it’s somewhat on the same level. It really is something that we do not view this as child neglect, child abuse, or somewhere in that general scope. If we accept that fatties passing on their toxic lifestyle to gullible children is abuse, perhaps we can somewhat dig ourselves out of the deep, pudgy trench that is our fat society today.

It just makes you wonder when something like this sparked national criticism...

...yet this is apparently just silly and good-hearted humor.

[Image: honey%20boo%20boo%20and-mama-june.jpg]

As stupid and pointless as Hollywood/celebrity news outlets are, this article highlights exactly what I'm talking about.

Quote:Quote:

Alana “Honey Boo Boo” Thompson has ballooned to a shocking 125 pounds at just 9 years old— and her mother, Mama June Shannon, is to blame for her daughter’s dangerous weight gain, the former pageant queen’s uncle Lee “Uncle Poodle” Thompson exclusively tells RadarOnline.com.

As Radar previously reported, the former Here Comes Honey Boo Boo starlet recently taped an upcoming episode of The Doctors, where she and June, 35, were told by experts that she is at risk for life-threatening diseases as an obese child.

Access Hollywood also reported that the family matriarch took no responsibility for her daughter’s rapidly expanding waistline during filming.

But Lee tells Radar that June is solely to blame for her daughter’s health crisis.

“It’s June’s fault,” he insists. “She is the parent, she should control what her daughter eats.”

Lee, 31, claims he has never seen June cook her children a healthy meal.

“She feeds Alana lots of fast food, like McDonald’s and Taco Bell,” he alleges. “I’ve seen June give Alana a 20-piece chicken McNugget, and she ate every bite!”

“She lets Alana eat whatever she wants, whenever she wants. That’s why she’s morbidly obese.”

South Park basically hit the nail on the head.

Fatties would rather bash health reminders than take responsibility.

Moral of the argument: If you end up creating life and raising a child, be conscious of what you feed them. Making your kids a decent meal and giving them whole, healthy foods is

[Image: giphy.gif]

Great post. This should be a RoK article.

Quote: (06-22-2015 10:51 AM)Tytalus Wrote:  

Great post. This should be a RoK article.

You beat me to it. This is high quality persuasive writing. I would hope that any parent of a fat child would be feeling very ashamed after reading this post and would be motivated to make changes in order to improve their child's current and future quality of life. Having a fat child truly is tantamount to child abuse.

Tim Minchin sums it up nicely in this song.

Quote: (06-22-2015 10:47 AM)Goldhawkstar Wrote:  

Fat people can be fat all they want, but they do not seem to understand the evil that they are committing when they bring a life or lives into this world and pass on the same unhealthy habits to these children, who will then turn around and pass this on to their offspring. The circle of fat life will continue unless we make some attempt to put a stop to it.

[Image: dhMeAzK.gif]

I'm in complete agreement with your post and these two sentences in particular are on point.

I'd also like to add that it is bad enough for these irresponsible parents to make their sons fat, but it is even more criminal to do it to their daughters. I've seen fat guys with game and other factors going for them pull decent quality girls but I've never seen a fat girl end up with anything other than freakish fatty fuckers or cringeworthy betas. You can point to some weird shit going on in Australia where some fit dudes have fat girlfriends or whatever but I don't believe that is mainstream at all. Most the fat girls I've gone to school with or worked with here in America are doomed to be unhappy and never have a family.

The aggregate effect of this on society is pretty serious and should be studied. It means less mates for men and more competition for the girls who are fit (thereby leading to them having larger egos and entitlement complexes), less children, more feminism, more ridiculousness and degeneracy like fat acceptance or HAES (Health At Every Size), etc.

Fatness is unhealthy for the body, mind, and society. It is far worse than smoking in just about every way. Smoking cuts a person's life short but it doesn't destroy their chances to ever have a decent life to begin with in the same way obesity does for kids.

This is a problem the government and media should address with serious measures, but the almighty dollar reigns supreme in the West.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

I've noticed this as well. I am utterly amazed at the "food" people buy at the grocery store. I bet if we recorded every single thing fat people bought for a month, they'd have 1) a tremendous excess of calories and 2) those calories would be primarily from processed fat and carbs.

I would go so far to argue as much of what is in the grocery store has been specifically engineered to fool the body and to taste incredibly good and become addictive, and is therefore, arguably, a kind of drug. A tremendous amount of R&D money goes into making things taste good and making you want to buy more. None of it is an accident. How come we regulate smoking but not sugar?

[Image: yEaA8P.gif]

This is my new favourite gif. It sums up the ideal of a self-assured neo-masculine man smirking resolutely in the face of an increasingly irrational, deranged and unnatural culture.

I know people talk in hyperbole about the state of our society a lot -- we've never seen this level of violence in human history, we've never seen this degree of racial animosity in modern times, we've never experienced this much social chaos ever before. To one degree or another, human history is filled with periods of equal or greater violence, racism, social chaos, etc.

But I wonder about the abysmal levels of parental care and attachment, particularly maternal care, that we are currently seeing. Babies and children these days are just things... disposable things. It's like the Cult of Me has grown so intense as to even overwhelm the innate maternal instinct, and even a woman's own offspring just becomes another minor accessory in the movie about her life, starring her, and a cast of nameless thousands.

I think you've missed perhaps the most important factor.

Complete ignorance.

My ltr is a personal trainer and I work in the fitness industry too...pretty much everyone we come into contact with has absolutely no idea whatsoever what constitutes a balanced, healthy diet.

Quote: (06-22-2015 11:45 AM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

Complete ignorance.

My ltr is a personal trainer and I work in the fitness industry too...pretty much everyone we come into contact with has absolutely no idea whatsoever what constitutes a balanced, healthy diet.

How is this possible? I'm 29 but I remember being told to eat fruits and vegetables because they were good for me. I also knew that desserts were bad for you. I didn't know much about calories as a kid but just looking at what the fat kids ate made me avoid a lot of those foods.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

I really appreciate the positive feedback.

Ironically enough, my usertitle changed to ‘Chubby Chaser’ after I posted this. [Image: lol.gif]

Quote: (06-22-2015 11:51 AM)TheWastelander Wrote:  

Quote: (06-22-2015 11:45 AM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

Complete ignorance.

How is this possible? I'm 29 but I remember being told to eat fruits and vegetables because they were good for me. I also knew that desserts were bad for you. I didn't know much about calories as a kid but just looking at what the fat kids ate made me avoid a lot of those foods.

I don't know why it's possible. But it is certainly true.

I'm talking about otherwise sensible, smart people here too, not just retards.

The thing is, it's as easy to overeat on healthy foods as it is on junk. A lb of body fat per month, let's say, is only 100 or so calories extra per day. Half a Snickers or something. A cappuccino instead of a flat white. Easily done.

That's nearly a stone per year.

I often see fat women out walking in the evenings drinking energy drinks and the such like whilst they're power walking in groups; they have no idea that the drink has more calories than they're burning and then have no idea why they aren't losing weight.

They then give up as their approach isn't working.

It doesn't help that nobody seems to know how to cook anymore.

It's hard to have sympathy for these people, I agree, but I don't think it's as simple to put it down to apathy alone.

I see them in the supermarket . They waddle along with not one but two carts filled to the brim with processed food and sugary treats. I see you fat people. I know what you're up to.

Great article, a lot of people say we should have a tax on junk food or what's commonly called a sugar tax. Completely missing farm subsidies. The sole reason junk food is cheaper than vegetables in terms of calorie density, is because of wheat and corn subsidies. If they stopped messing with the farming business, healthy food would be cheaper and junk food would cost more.

Even with all that tinkering, healthy food is still competitive enough to buy and is cheaper long term because your health isn't deteriorating. People know vegetables, fruit and good quality meat is the way to go but they just don't care enough to change.

I always knew of the awful state that the United States was in in terms of health and obesity issues. So it would be a lie to say that I’ve “learned” this during my work, but rather it has reinforced what I already knew. After all, it’s no secret that America is slumping into an irreversible decline into a deep state of fattiness. Over 2/3 of American adults are overweight, and over 1/3 is obese. These are cold-hard facts, and the numbers show these ugly statistics getting worse as time goes on.

I'm not doubting that there is an obesity epidemic in the US, but "cold hard facts" is not how I would describe any study that uses BMI as a basis. With 11-15% body fat the BMI has me well into obesity.

Quote: (06-22-2015 11:56 AM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

The thing is, it's as easy to overeat on healthy foods as it is on junk. A lb of body fat per month, let's say, is only 100 or so calories extra per day. Half a Snickers or something. A cappuccino instead of a flat white.

That's something a fat person would say, 1kg of green beans is roughly 300 calories. You know how much volume that is and that's the secret of being in a healthy weight, gorge on delicious vegetables, carrots, pumpkins, sweet potatoes, beets etc. The amount of veggies it would take to reach even 1000 calories would be enormous. On the other hand your average sneakers bar is 250 calories, fat people can demolish 4 sneakers bars before lunch.

Quote: (06-22-2015 12:35 PM)Katatonic Wrote:  

I'm not doubting that there is an obesity epidemic in the US, but "cold hard facts" is not how I would describe any study that uses BMI as a basis. With 11-15% body fat the BMI has me well into obesity.

I believe you're what's called an outlier.

Quote: (06-22-2015 12:40 PM)zombiejimmorrison Wrote:  

The thing is, it's as easy to overeat on healthy foods as it is on junk. A lb of body fat per month, let's say, is only 100 or so calories extra per day. Half a Snickers or something. A cappuccino instead of a flat white.

That's something a fat person would say,

Of course it is.

That's why I said it!

I strongly disagree with this post.

We don't need to give the state more power to criminalize yet more behavior. Parents are responsible for their children, not the state. It needs to stay that way.

The idea proposed here is -- in its own way -- an extension of laws like the Violence Against Women Act and Yes Means Yes, in which the government gets to play judge regarding the minutia of people's lives. What kind of a society are will we have if this keeps up? This kind: "Touch her butt, go to jail! Give Junior a Twinkie, go to jail! Argue with your wife, go to jail!"

That's not America. That's the Soviet Union circa 1975.

You give the government power to regulate what children eat and you open the door to allowing them to do all sorts of things, from monitoring medicine to checking that parents aren't giving kids "inappropriate" reading material. It would be like hiring an HR department for the whole country.

Just recently, we saw the state bring parents up on charges because their kids were simply walking around the neighborhood (same as I used to do way back when). They put both the parents and kids through a bureaucratic nightmare for a minor transgression. As that case showed, "the state" is tyrannical and run by mindless, power-hungry control freaks.

The reasons Americans are obese is complex. One is that the government allowed food manufacturers to use cheap corn syrup as a replacement for natural sugar. The other is that women are now workers first and mothers second and don't cook proper meals. If anything needs to change, a law needs to be passed to ban the first of these and society needs to change to alter the second.

There are other factors here too, but criminalizing what parents feed to kids is like trying to cure the symptom while ignoring the disease. The government created this mess through bad policy and a misguided obsession with "equality in the workplace." The people shouldn't be penalized.

I don't like looking at fat families either. But I don't like families having to answer to government workers about every little thing even worse.

Quote: (06-22-2015 12:41 PM)TheWastelander Wrote:  

Quote: (06-22-2015 12:35 PM)Katatonic Wrote:  

I believe you're what's called an outlier.

I'm an extreme outlier, but any guy attends a gym with regularity and has some muscle tone is overweight to obese according to BMI. In fact, your average CrossFitter is fat according to BMI. Now that's science you can trust.

I completely agree. I go to a diner and I see a fat family, and I just feel bad for those poor fat kids pouring sugar right out of the dispenser onto their pancakes, washing it down with regular Coke. Being fat, especially as a kid, leads to diabetes, which can result in diabetic nerve pain later in life. Few things are as bad for your health as being fat, such as smoking.

You increase the chance of heart attack, heart disease, stroke, failing joints (i.e. knee, ankle, hip), poor circulation. Parents who allow their children to be fat are harming their health, and especially for girls, their ability to date and be attractive.

I somewhat doubt the statistic that 1 in 3 children is obese, for I have never seen such a ratio anywhere in the real world, however, it is problem.

Quote: (06-22-2015 12:53 PM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

We don't need to give the state more power to criminalize yet more behavior. Parents are responsible for their children, not the state. It needs to stay that way.

The idea proposed here is -- in its own way -- an extension of laws like the Violence Against Women Act and Yes Means Yes, in which the government gets to play judge regarding the minutia of people's lives. What kind of a society are will we have if this keeps up? This kind: "Touch her butt, go to jail! Give Junior a Twinkie, go to jail! Argue with your wife, go to jail!"

You give the government power to regulate what children eat and you open the door to allowing them to do all sorts of things, from monitoring medicine to checking that parents aren't giving kids "inappropriate" reading material. It would be like hiring an HR department for the whole country.

Just recently, we saw the state bring parents up on charges because their kids were simply walking around the neighborhood (same as I used to do way back when). They put both the parents and kids through a bureaucratic nightmare for a minor transgression. As that case showed, "the state" is tyrannical and run by mindless, power-hungry control freaks.

The reasons Americans are obese is complex. One is that the government allowed food manufacturers to use cheap corn syrup as a replacement for natural sugar. The other is that women are now workers first and mothers second and don't cook proper meals. If anything needs to change, a law needs to be passed to ban the first of these and society needs to change to alter the second.

There are other factors here too, but criminalizing what parents feed to kids is like trying to cure the symptom while ignoring the disease. The government created this mess through bad policy and a misguided obsession with "equality in the workplace." The people shouldn't be penalized.

I don't like looking at fat families either. But I don't like families having to answer to government workers about every little thing even worse.

I agree with this, I think that criminalization is a poor regulator. Cigarettes and alchohol are legal, but do nothing for people nutritionally and have negative health effects...so they are heavily taxed to discourage their consumption as a staple, to fund public awareness and to put them in the category of a 'luxury' ie. I'd love to see the same for sugar/junk food and have some of the tax subsidize organic products/farming. Currently its the reverse. Junk food is so convenient, and cheap that its the go-to for the lazy and that should be discouraged.

I should expand on that. Junk food is the choice of LAZY people...fat is a byproduct of laziness. What happens if you lie on the couch for 10 years eating pork rinds and reality TV vs. taking the time to dump rice and beans into a slow cooker and going out and playing flag football in a league? You. Get. Fat.

If we make it expensive for Lazy people to get fat, there will be less of them. Back in the day, poor people didn't eat collared greens because it was healthy and took forever to cook. They ate it because it was a) cheap or free and b) it was cheap or free because it took so damn long to cook.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

I agree, but it you take away the OP's argument that parents of obese kids should be criminally liable, it's a good post. Obese parents are generally responsible for the corpulence of their children. This is due to ignorance, laziness or stupidity.

Quote:Quote:

Children, especially younger ones, do not have the volunteer knowledge and capacity to think for themselves and understand the long-term effects of toxic foods. So when mommy and daddy are constantly feeding them these shit foods, they’re not going to say “I’m concerned of the possible future health problems that eating ten Kid Cuisines a week could cause.” No, they’re going to literally eat it all up, because it tastes good.

Can't argue with that.

Perhaps the title should be "Parents who feed their children shit are responsible for the first generation who are likely to die before their parents."

I agree with this whole-heartedly. We have a long history of passing federal laws for social engineering purposes, only to totally screw it up. It is very difficult to legislate morality or to control social behavior through regulatory means (unless we are talking about imposing an entire totalitarian regime).

At the very least, the Law of Unintended Consequences always rears its ugly head, where a social engineering law meant to do one thing effects 10 other things not even considered. And sometimes these laws even end up having the opposite effect.

Nowhere in Gold's post did I see a call for criminalizing what parents feed kids, but instead parents who turn their kids obese. There is a big difference. The occasional snack or fast food isn't a huge deal, as he noted.

It is illegal to turn your kid into a drunk or a smoker. It should be illegal to turn them obese.

Quote: (06-22-2015 12:40 PM)zombiejimmorrison Wrote:  

That's something a fat person would say, 1kg of green beans is roughly 300 calories. You know how much volume that is and that's the secret of being in a healthy weight, gorge on delicious vegetables, carrots, pumpkins, sweet potatoes, beets etc. The amount of veggies it would take to reach even 1000 calories would be enormous. On the other hand your average sneakers bar is 250 calories, fat people can demolish 4 sneakers bars before lunch.

It's still true to a certain extent. I admittedly don't have a fantastic diet (and tend to drink a fair amount on weekends) but I don't over eat and exercise pretty consistently, which is why i still have a six pack and a pretty good overall physique.

The most important thing is calories consumed vs. calories burned. If you start a weight lifting routine the latter will increase dramatically since your metabolism will spike as your muscles repair themselves post workout.

My goal is to cook more often and eat healthier food, but when I'm working 9-6 and then going on a date right after or doing something else, I don't have a ton of desire to do so. Cooking would likely have to come at the expense of going to the gym if I'm also going to have fun after work so I'm pretty unwilling to do that.