rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Toyota's Diversity Initiative fails because American Women can't work without pills

Toyota's Diversity Initiative fails because American Women can't work without pills

From: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/20/busine...icle-click

Quote:Quote:

TOKYO — Toyota Motor was forthright, even proud, about why it promoted a group of foreign and female managers this spring: The automaker wanted more diversity in an executive suite dominated by Japanese men.

Now the company finds itself defending its efforts to change after one of the executives it promoted, an American woman, was arrested on charges of illegally bringing a restricted painkiller into Japan.

Toyota named Ms. Hamp, 55, its global head of public relations in March, elevating her from a similar position in North America. She is the first woman to reach a senior executive position at the company, and the first foreign executive to work for Toyota in Japan. She had joined Toyota from PepsiCo in 2012 and was still moving to Japan when she was arrested.

Mr. Toyoda added little detail to the outlines of Ms. Hamp’s case. The police said customs inspectors found tablets containing oxycodone, a powerful and potentially addictive painkiller, in a parcel she had sent to herself from the United States.

Oxycodone is legal in Japan if prescribed by a doctor, as it is in the United States, though doctors here are far more reluctant to recommend it. It can be imported for personal use only with special permission from the government, which the police said Ms. Hamp had not obtained.

Ms. Hamp was in custody and could not be contacted. She has not been formally charged; that decision can take up to several weeks in Japan, during which suspects often remain in jail.

According to Japanese news reports, Ms. Hamp is suspected of sending 57 tablets containing oxycodone from an address in Kentucky to a Tokyo hotel where she was staying while she looked for a home in Japan. She did not declare the tablets on the customs label, the reports said, only some plastic children’s necklaces that were also in the parcel.

Ms. Hamp told the police she was not aware that she had broken any laws, according to the reports.

Oxycodone is widely prescribed in the United States in the form of drugs like OxyContin and Percocet. But it is also widely abused. In Japan, it is usually reserved for extreme cases like pain from advanced cancer. Per capita consumption is one-sixtieth the American level, according to comparative statistics collected by the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare.

Interesting how the stereotypes we often repeat end up coming out in the news in one form or another. The 1/60th consumption statistic is particularly interesting if you consider that most of these pills are probably being consumed by American women similar to the one arrested in the article: middle-aged corporate/office drone types.

Wouldn't someone who was intelligent and able enough to be the global head of public relations for a large international company be able to do a little bit of research before attempting to traffic controlled substances internationally? I guess these pretend jobs don't require that kind of attention to detail.

According to Japanese news reports, Ms. Hamp is suspected of sending 57 tablets containing oxycodone from an address in Kentucky to a Tokyo hotel where she was staying while she looked for a home in Japan. She did not declare the tablets on the customs label, the reports said, only some plastic children’s necklaces that were also in the parcel.

Ms. Hamp told the police she was not aware that she had broken any laws, according to the reports.

I would believe her if she'd brought a couple she was prescribed in her things on accident, but mailing 57 of them to a hotel in Tokyo? She had to have known that was illegal or at least legally questionable.

However, this isn't just a woman thing. I've known guys with very poor impulse control who started taking them for recreational purposes and got addicted. Before that they were usually drunks or drug abusers. I've also known people who took them for legitimate medical reasons and got addicted, but stopped taking them once they didn't need them anymore since getting high wasn't important to them.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

How can she say she didn't know they were illegal, if she went to the trouble of mailing them to herself instead of just taking them with her? I came across this once before on a backpacker form, some other American who couldn't live without their Adderall I think it was in this case looking for advice on how to bring it into Japan, and was banking on "I didn't know it was illegal" if caught.

Quote: (06-19-2015 10:06 AM)Vitriol Wrote:  

Interesting how the stereotypes we often repeat end up coming out in the news in one form or another. The 1/60th consumption statistic is particularly interesting if you consider that most of these pills are probably being consumed by American women similar to the one arrested in the article: middle-aged corporate/office drone types.

You're confusing painkillers with psychiatric drugs.

Quote: (06-19-2015 11:11 AM)aSimpNamedBrokeback Wrote:  

So does the average "middle-aged corporate/office drone type."

Quote: (06-19-2015 11:11 AM)aSimpNamedBrokeback Wrote:  

Quote: (06-19-2015 10:06 AM)Vitriol Wrote:  

I'm highly skeptical that the majority of people on RX pain pills in the US are taking them because they have truly debilitating chronic pain.
Or for that matter that the majority of people on SSRIs have true depression of the physiological chemical imbalance sort.

So, in that sense, I guess I don't see a huge difference between psychiatric drugs and opioids.
They're being prescribed and taken because people find sober reality unpleasant.

Now the company finds itself defending its efforts to change after one of the executives it promoted, an American woman, was arrested on charges of illegally bringing a restricted painkiller into Japan.

[Image: tumblr_li640zRe6n1qzexhn.gif]

Mr. Toyoda added little detail to the outlines of Ms. Hamp’s case. The police said customs inspectors found tablets containing oxycodone, a powerful and potentially addictive painkiller, in a parcel she had sent to herself from the United States.

Oxycodone is legal in Japan if prescribed by a doctor, as it is in the United States, though doctors here are far more reluctant to recommend it. It can be imported for personal use only with special permission from the government, which the police said Ms. Hamp had not obtained.

[Image: post-28514-oh-this-is-bad-gif-I-should-no-ABlL.gif]

Yes, that's a Leslie Knope .gif - I'm without a VPN in China, deal with it.

Quote: (06-19-2015 11:07 AM)Seadog Wrote:  

How can she say she didn't know they were illegal, if she went to the trouble of mailing them to herself instead of just taking them with her? I came across this once before on a backpacker form, some other American who couldn't live without their Adderall I think it was in this case looking for advice on how to bring it into Japan, and was banking on "I didn't know it was illegal" if caught.

I do it with lighters - because I know I can't bring them on the plane but getting them mailed is okay...but 2-3 lighters is NOT 57 pills (not enough to establish intent to traffic, but probably not far off either) in a country with stringent laws. she already made Wikipedia, good for her.

Enjoy losing your plum, high paying gig, at least you'll still have hillbilly heroin when you get shipped back to the States.

I'm looking forward to the State Department's reaction. It will be interesting to see them balance their feminist foreign policy with a female executive flagrantly violating foreign laws.

As much as I don't like female executives and painkiller addicts, I don't think this woman needs to be punished.

There is a labyrynth of differing laws around the world and commiting a minor offense due to not knowing local laws can happen to anyone. In cases like these if there are no victims the law breakers should be freed with just a warning, perhaps small fine.

There are stories about people of both sexes having their lives ruinied by bringing various innocent objects to countries where they are illigal this is sad and can happen to anyone, whether they are smart or not. If even lawyers don't know all the laws, how can you ask a foreigner to "make a research" and know such minor things considering they probably are busy with their lives.

57 tablets is not that much, could be contained in single package, definately not for sale.

She uses her sister-in-law's death to promote Toyota's fuel cell vehicle:

Strange yelling at 0:45.

Quote: (06-19-2015 06:17 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

She uses her sister-in-law's death to promote Toyota's fuel cell vehicle:

Strange yelling at 0:45.

Man she is neurotic as hell.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Title says "American Women". It was 1 american woman. I think this is just an american pain killer addiction thing. Not a women thing.

I think folks are being way too lenient on her. Given that she has not claimed to have any prescription (not even from a U.S. doctor), we must assume that she illegally possessed them in the U.S., and then illegally shipped them to Japan. Lock 'er up. She'll be bigger (and uglier) than most of her cell-block-mates in a Japanese men's prison.

I've worked with a fair amount of women in my career.

To my knowledge, nearly every single one of them has been an alcoholic or pill-popper. Xanax is typically the drug of choice but also Valium and Morphine are very popular.

Strong and independent, indeed.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Quote: (06-20-2015 01:35 AM)Veloce Wrote:  

To my knowledge, nearly every single one of them has been an alcoholic or pill-popper. Xanax is typically the drug of choice but also Valium and Morphine are very popular.

Most of my life I worked in male dominated workplaces. Drug test upon hiring and random testing thereafter. I then get into a female dominated workplace and NO drug test at hiring and no random testing. The only time someone might be tested is if they are suspected of being high. Many women can be moderately high and function though show typical crazy behavior. Valium is one drug that is a huge motherfucker. It slurrs speech and begets all kinds of odd behavior.
I believe doctors white knight for these women and prescribe an all you can eat pill buffet for pelvic pain.

Every self-proclaimed 'independent' woman above 30 that I know who lives on her own proud of her high-up office position abuses or has a high reliance on something. It's usually prescription drugs. Sometimes it's alcohol. Sometimes it's even sugar and sweetener; putting 10 sweeteners in one cup of coffee or tea. Hell, Breaking Bad hit the nail on the head with both Marie Schrader and Lydia Quayle.

[Image: gallery.jpg?1386701978]

Baka gaijin

I know too many women in real life that are addicted to pills and whatnot.

At least I'm saving myself from drama these women brought upon themselves.

And it's even sadder...oh, who am I fooling? They themselves scorned me before, to the point they are personally praying for any naïveté in me.

Shot lost, indeed.

Quote: (06-20-2015 05:33 PM)Tim in real life Wrote:  

Speaking of bringing things on oneself, why did a Japanese company want "diversity" in the first place?
It's one thing to be the first culture to imbibe feminism, it's quite another to look at American women and say "I gotta get me some of that."

The funniest part is this never had to happen. Never. She just could go to the Japanese doc and start crying, "I have uterine fibroids!!!! I have fibromyalgia!!!! I need some real painkillers, I am going to die!"
Now, if the doctor was a player he would give her a 2 tab sample pack of the good shit and call it a day. Let her get off for 48 hours and then back to sweating out withdrawls.

Quote: (06-20-2015 05:55 PM)Eskhander Wrote:  

Speaking of bringing things on oneself, why did a Japanese company want "diversity" in the first place?
It's one thing to be the first culture to imbibe feminism, it's quite another to look at American women and say "I gotta get me some of that."

Why not? Feminism is probably America's strongest export. If you are not good at building things (America), you are probably pretty good at destroying things...

You know it's funny that anyone gets busted doing shit like this. I remember the first time I was going to China, actually I stopped in Japan first, I quickly remembered that because I take ADHD medicine, I better look it up to see if it is okay. I checked the US state dept website, which provided a link to the foreign embassies with all the rules laid out. I got a doctors note for my stuff and took them with me and had zero problems.

With this woman, this is a stinging indictment on the nastiest secret in America. White Women in the US, especially the midwest, upper midwest, to the east up to Pennsylvania and Virginia (especially Kentucky where she is from), are locked up in droves all over pain killers. The ones not locked up are fucked up family wise. There are a few good documentaries on this already. There is a new crack epidemic suffocating this country and ruining whole communities of mostly white women, all over this stuff. I think after healthcare problems, it's the second worst issue in the country. Psych meds are a different beast, but not this bad. This is one of the reasons you cannot simply buy cold medicine at the pharmacies without signing your name and your purchase over into an FBI database.

I too have worked with plenty coworkers that have a pain killer problem. Most are usually fucked up pretty badly in some way. They can range from former military with physical issues they got in the service all the way to the obese woman with "fibromyalgia" issues. Yeah... It's called you are too fat, and your frame is rebelling on you. Lots of these people are high during the work day. Since everyone is a fucking contractor or subcontractor instead of a full time employee, no drug tests are being done since it is an office setting. The place I am contracting at right now is like this too. When they called me and told me I would not need a drug test before beginning my contract, I cringed hard. Places like that tend to have neurotic people in them, like Samseau said about that Toyota woman.

Field service (energy) jobs and industrial jobs tend not to have doped up people but that is because the giant operators like Exxon, Shell, or Chevron (as well as smaller ones), that you would typically sub-contract through, demand very stringent drug testing. The reason why is because if someone dies or gets hurt out there and if the person at fault was under the influence, they are fucked on the insurance and payouts. Other things are at stake too, such as licensing to operate from the government. Toyota may need to test factory workers, but not office ones.

To me it's not surprising when even wealthy and affluent Americans are hooked on stuff like this, considering the way we live, eat, and treat healthcare wise here.

Also 57 pills is way too fucking many even with a prescription. No doc in his right fucking mind should give anyone near that many. She definitely got that illegally or through deceptive means, like those Florida docs that will write you anything you want. Anytime my dentist tries to give me painkillers after a root canal or whatever, I toss the paper back at him. Discomfort is not the exact same thing as as true pain. Some people are just too pussyfied to just deal with discomfort for a little while. I know certain parts of your body require pain to be gone to heal right, like muscle spasms, but that does not pertain to every situation.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

Come on, man. Nearly everyone in the restaurant industry abuses substances at some point in time. It has nothing to do with being female.

There are tons of guys in the community who use or have tried modafinil, adderall, nootropics, etc.

There are multiple threads on ayahuasca, LSD, etc.

Wolf of Wall Street was praised by the forum. A recent thread dubbed the cast of Goodfellas "heroes".

Yet we're going to get on our high horse and act like boy scouts just to discredit women?

Arguments like these only muddy the community's overall message (I'm not harping on you specifically, your post just stood out because we both know how guys working in food and bev get down).

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102773375

Japanese media reports, citing police investigators, said 57 addictive Oxycodone pills were found in a small parcel labeled "necklaces" that was sent from the United States and addressed to Hamp in Japan. The pills were in packets or buried at the bottom of the parcel, which also contained toy pendants and necklaces, they said.

Seems far-fetched to argue that this was not intentional.

Quote: (06-21-2015 03:29 PM)DaveR Wrote:  

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102773375

Japanese media reports, citing police investigators, said 57 addictive Oxycodone pills were found in a small parcel labeled "necklaces" that was sent from the United States and addressed to Hamp in Japan. The pills were in packets or buried at the bottom of the parcel, which also contained toy pendants and necklaces, they said.

Seems far-fetched to argue that this was not intentional.

It's funny she labeled it "necklaces", this package that contained her little "gems".

57 pills of regular strength is no big deal. I once got addicted to hydrocodone (Vicodin) when I was having a lower back issue. I was prescribed 40 with 3 more refills. I downed all 160 in a matter of 4 weeks, and I could've stopped long before then, but I loved the high too much.

The dosage I needed to keep the same eutrophic state increased quickly. God damn that shit was good. I called it "The Precious" because it will consume you and very quickly.

I had to go through a mini-withdraw (shakes, sweats, anger). That said, I don't seek it out because I know I would go bad on it, but if someone offered me one I would sure as hell take it, even though I know I shouldn't.

It's a very good thing that stuff is illegal and hard to come by.

Quote: (06-21-2015 10:13 AM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

Quote: (06-20-2015 05:55 PM)Eskhander Wrote:  

Why not? Feminism is probably America's strongest export. If you are not good at building things (America), you are probably pretty good at destroying things...

Isn't there a theory that ideas want to replicate themselves memetically?