rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

When did you first learn that Gay Marriage was a Right? [Poll]

What I find most striking about this whole Gay Marriage debacle is how quickly it's sweeping the world. Almost overnight, our society has chosen to enact something that would have been a bad punchline 20 years ago.

I'm interested in gauging when the push for this settled into the minds of the electorate; it's more than just a generational thing, with Millenials and Gen X getting brainwashed in public schools - even Boomers who once would have scoffed at it, have now become staunch defenders of it.

So: when do you first recall supporting Gay Marriage, or at least realizing that you were supposed to support it?

EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm deeply opposed to Gay Marriage, but that's not the question; rather, when did it become something in the mainstream consciousness? How did three different generations manage to get swayed simultaneously?

I don't support it. I do support civil partnerships though. If I'm not mistaken, gay marriage was legalised in the UK at some point in 2014. With the recent Ireland referendum on the subject I note that gays themselves do not actually support it either. As far as I am aware I have zero gay male contacts on Facebook but I do have 3 lesbian contact. Not once during the Irish campaign did they comment support for it. When the results came in their was a significant lack of praise. I know it is a very small sample size but I think it does suggest that even gays do not like the idea.

It seems that the only people who benefit is lawyers as they slightly increase their reach and increase fees.

I don't believe gay marriage is "a Right."

[Image: picture-24.png]

"Despite their numbers, their pussyness means I was barely hurt. 2 black eyes and a cut nose, no big deal. I could sense the fear in them so as they were walking I chased them down and told them to "go home". They all left like little girls." - Revelations 21:4

I remember in 2007, before the Democratic nomination was locked up Obama and Clinton both said "Marriage is between a man and a woman, I do not support redefining marriage. Civil Unions are just fine, and I support those."

Around 2010 Obama changed his tune as the poll numbers changed. That was probably the year gay marriage first got 50% support, and you see quickly after judges decided to make Gay Marriage the law of the land.

I remember it becoming a major social issue that was taken seriously right around 2005. From about 2005-2010 it was considered a completely respectable position to say you believe that marriage is defined as a man and a woman. Somewhere around 2010 is when we saw a sea change and I could say that the gay side won the propaganda war. At that point, it was no longer considered acceptable to say you weren't in favor of gay marriage and it become viewed as some sort of "hateful" position. People forget that Obama in both 2008 and 2012 ran on a platform of being in favor of civil unions but against redefining marriage. That was the official position of his office. But then he publicly came out in favor of it I think in 2012 when it became fully embraced by the Democratic party and it wouldn't lose any votes.

I don't personally care who marries who - if two guys or two girls want to file taxes jointly and be allowed to financially rape one another if they want to split up then so be it, but I noticed it being a "thing" between 5-10 years ago.

Gay marriage shouldn't be a 'right'. Neither should marriage between straight couples I think.

It's never been as issue in Canada as long as I can remember. Gay adoption is also legal here. It's something that's never really crossed into my radar until a few years ago when it became a thing in the forums. Even outside of the forums, most people are kind of indifferent to be honest.

Most people are more preoccupied with their own thing. The culture war was won by the left in Canada decades ago and quite frankly any political entity that tries to bring it back has been punished dearly by the electorate.

PS: I remember a decade ago when gay Americans were coming to Canada to get married. I think that's the first time I knew that apparently it's still an issue in the USA. Didn't know it was this divisive until the forums though.

Quote: (06-17-2015 05:14 PM)DjembaDjemba Wrote:  

Gay adoption is also legal here.

Nothing wrong with that: http://www.smh.com.au/national/named-the...2p5da.html

Quote: (06-17-2015 03:59 PM)britchard Wrote:  

Gay marriage shouldn't be a 'right'. Neither should marriage between straight couples I think.

For most of human history marriage was considered a duty. Romans had gay sex but marriage was considered to be a duty to the state since it produced offspring which was required to maintain the state. The whole transformation of it into a "right" is something only has happened within the last 30 years or so.

Why? It's because marriage has changed from being a means to produce a family - the marriage contract was designed to make sure that both the man and woman were going to be in it for the long haul and weren't going to bail just because they didn't have the hots for each other anymore - to being something nothing more then a means for a couple to get tax breaks and to dress up nice and throw an overpriced party (aka as a wedding). If marriage is based on nothing more then "love" then what makes it any different from any other romantic relationship?

Once you remove continuing a bloodline as a purpose from marriage, it further blurs the difference between homosexual and heterosexual relationships. You add to all that a culture that praises "equality" as the highest virtue and believes that not allowing someone to do something that other people can do is the gravest sin possible and that's you end up with people who think being "ignorant" and a "bigot" is on the level as being a rapist or murderer.

As some other posters have said, the "movement" really took off sometime in the mid-2000s. Shit, I immigrated to the US in the mid-90s with my family and I don't remember any news stories or even discussions about homos at the time. I was living in NYC then, and you could take the train to Chelsea and see them walking around hand in hand being perfectly happy.

Then, at the drop of a hat, I'm told that gays are being persecuted and discriminated against, that they "deserve" the same rights as everyone else, and should have the right to marry. And then came the barrage of propaganda, pride parades, and GLAAD-approved Hollywood films. It really came out of nowhere.

And this is why the gay rights thing cannot seriously be compared to the civil rights movement: it is not rooted in any significant history in the US. With civil rights, you can go all the way back to Frederick Douglass, Nat Turner, Dubois etc. making a case for black equality. You have libraries full of documents demonstrating real discrimination and abuse of a specific segment of the population. MLK march on Washington, Rosa Parks, you get the point.

Where are the cases of anti-gay abuse? There are none. It's made up. These "victims" are too busy parading down lower Manhattan with dildos and zebra costumes.

Google is getting in on gay propaganda. Just go to http://www.google.com. In the search type "gay" or anything gay related such as "pride parade". And these gay rainbow graphics pop up. Now backspace over what you typed and put anything else like "travel" or "cars" and it disappears.

Somebody in a Google boardroom whiteboarded this up. "I've got a great idea! When someone types something with the word gay in it, let's just have rainbow colored hearts pop up on the screen to show Google's support for all things LGBT!"

Why is it just so nauseatingly pushed EVERYWHERE now. The saturation of gay propaganda is becoming impossible to escape from. That's really what the social engineers wanted when you think about it. Ideological saturation.

Quote: (06-17-2015 09:11 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Google is getting in on gay propaganda. Just go to http://www.google.com. In the search type "gay" or anything gay related such as "pride parade". And these gay rainbow graphics pop up. Now backspace over what you typed and put anything else like "travel" or "cars" and it disappears.

Somebody in a Google boardroom whiteboarded this up. "I've got a great idea! When someone types something with the word gay in it, let's just have rainbow colored hearts pop up on the screen to show Google's support for all things LGBT!"

Why is it just so nauseatingly pushed EVERYWHERE now. The saturation of gay propaganda is becoming impossible to escape from. That's really what the social engineers wanted when you think about it. Ideological saturation.

They ruined rainbows, which were perfectly neutral. Now every time I see a rainbow, I think it must be related to gays. When you are five, you color a rainbow because all the colors are cool. Now, it looks like you want to get it on with your sex.

Quote: (06-17-2015 07:17 PM)Wutang Wrote:  

Quote: (06-17-2015 03:59 PM)britchard Wrote:  

For most of human history marriage was considered a duty. Romans had gay sex but marriage was considered to be a duty to the state since it produced offspring which was required to maintain the state. The whole transformation of it into a "right" is something only has happened within the last 30 years or so.

Why? It's because marriage has changed from being a means to produce a family - the marriage contract was designed to make sure that both the man and woman were going to be in it for the long haul and weren't going to bail just because they didn't have the hots for each other anymore - to being something nothing more then a means for a couple to get tax breaks and to dress up nice and throw an overpriced party (aka as a wedding). If marriage is based on nothing more then "love" then what makes it any different from any other romantic relationship?

Once you remove continuing a bloodline as a purpose from marriage, it further blurs the difference between homosexual and heterosexual relationships. You add to all that a culture that praises "equality" as the highest virtue and believes that not allowing someone to do something that other people can do is the gravest sin possible and that's you end up with people who think being "ignorant" and a "bigot" is on the level as being a rapist or murderer.

(I have been a lefty my whole life but now must concede that the idea of "Cultural Marxism" was not a conspiracy theory but is in fact happening.)

Continuing a bloodline was the integral part of a marriage in order to pass ones wealth to a legitimate heir. That was the true purpose of marriage in Greek and Roman societies. In a utopian Marxist society, there is no private wealth. Instead wealth is turned over to society.

Here are a few choice quotes:

"It develops from the pairing family, as we have already shown, during the time of transition from the middle to the higher stage of barbarism. Its final victory is one of the signs of beginning civilization. It is founded on male supremacy for the pronounced purpose of breeding children of indisputable paternal lineage. The latter is required, because these children shall later on inherit the fortune of their father. "

"Full freedom of marriage can therefore only be generally established when the abolition of capitalist production and of the property relations created by it has removed all the accompanying economic considerations which still exert such a powerful influence on the choice of a marriage partner. For then there is no other motive left except mutual inclination."
--Frederick Engels, Origins of the Family, Private Property, and the State. 1884

"It [communist society] will transform the relations between the sexes into a purely private matter which concerns only the persons involved and into which society has no occasion to intervene. It can do this since it does away with private property and educates children on a communal basis, and in this way removes the two bases of traditional marriage, the dependence, rooted in private property, of the woman on the man and of the children on the parents. " -- The Communist Manifesto, Karl Marx and Frederick Engels 1848

Gay marriage has become a right because our educated elite who were taught by the 60's marxist radicals are now running the media and are trying to hasten the destruction of marriage. Here is an example:

Meet Masha Gessen. A simple Google search shows she writes for The New Yorker, NY Times, The Guardian, Slate and many more.

A couple of years ago she appeared at the Sydney Writers Festival on a panel called "Why Get Married When You Could Be Happy."

Here is the audio of what she had to say in which she shockingly tells the truth about the gay marriage agenda.

Abolishing marriage and communal raising of children, all in a 2:39 minute video.

2010-2012 seems to be when the dam broke. In the early and mid 2000's, homosexual marriage was still extremely controversial. In the 90's, homosexual marriage was unpopular and viewed as being politically impossible to achieve for decades. In the 80's, homosexual marriage was literally a punchline, and homosexuals were largely regarded as deviants and mocked openly in society.

The amount of "progress" those pushing the homosexual agenda have made in a single generation is absolutely staggering. It's the best example that comes to mind demonstrating the power of propaganda, and particularly the use of television programming as a brainwashing tool used to push new social norms on the masses.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

I think this was forced upon us.

I am opposed to it to this day. But what can you do? I am not going to go protest against it, I have much better things to do.
The problem is if you are a normal person with life, you do not have the time and and the willingness to protest against this, so the minority losers who have nothing else to do can push any agenda through. Because they are the only ones protesting it seems they are the majority.

Welcome to democracy, take a number and sit down.

Deus vult!

I always find it amusing how much the media blows gay marriage out of proportion. In the UK the number of people this issue affects is 1/5 of 1% yet you'd think it was a national issue for how much it's hawked on about.
And rights are arbitrary. They more like temporary privileges.

Quote: (06-17-2015 09:11 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Speakeasy please make sure you're clearing your browser history. That'd be a tough one to explain to the girlfriend.

Quote: (06-20-2015 10:12 AM)scorpion Wrote:  

2010-2012 seems to be when the dam broke. In the early and mid 2000's, homosexual marriage was still extremely controversial. In the 90's, homosexual marriage was unpopular and viewed as being politically impossible to achieve for decades. In the 80's, homosexual marriage was literally a punchline, and homosexuals were largely regarded as deviants and mocked openly in society.

The amount of "progress" those pushing the homosexual agenda have made in a single generation is absolutely staggering. It's the best example that comes to mind demonstrating the power of propaganda, and particularly the use of television programming as a brainwashing tool used to push new social norms on the masses.

I'm surprised SJWs haven't used this to destroy his career like they did with Cosby's past.

I feel like there is a really large homophobic vibe on this forum sometimes that I can't quite figure out. Who gives a fuck if men or women want to get married to each other? The culture has shifted. Time to get over it.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

^ The problem is with child adoption and how that will eventually infringe on the rights of straight/conservative/normal people and their children, not marriage necessarily

You don't get there till you get there

This is how I feel for the most part. Yet.

A gay friend of mine was over for some drinks a couple weeks ago. He is a high school teacher and therefore has a special place among us due to his important role as an educator of this age of people. But I can get the hard cold truth from him, and for the record he is fully aware of my skepticism of gays and lesbians teaching elementary and middle school children. For the most part he agrees with me, and it is one of the biggest reasons that he worked so hard to become a high school teacher.

There is an elementary and high school in the gay West End and he said straight up do not send my son there (unless he is gay). They are taught that the rainbows they color with their crayons are a symbol of love toward the gays. No shit.

Also as level headed as this friend is, he is still a gay man. Handsome as hell, ripped, dressed to perfection. And spends his holidays with other gay men that look like him, in fancy resorts living a life of deviancy. I figure if a school ever found out that a straight teacher was heading off to bang hookers in Thailand on his vacations he would have his ass fired. Yet this guy can openly show pictures to the other staff of his vacation with nothing but encouragement.

People are afraid of the smallest minorities now, but it will not last forever. I just live my life on my terms and encourage all those around me to do the same. Who cares if people are gay as long as this 1% are not allowed to push through agendas that effect the 99%.

Quote: (06-20-2015 01:49 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

I feel like there is a really large homophobic vibe on this forum sometimes that I can't quite figure out. Who gives a fuck if men or women want to get married to each other? The culture has shifted. Time to get over it.

I don't think people on the forum really have a problem with gay people per say; it's really the fact that they're constantly pushing agendas on people and getting away with things normal people couldn't get away with.

For example here in Jamaica, there have been an increasing number of gay issues here. There was a group of them that went around robbing, sexual assault and causing all kinds of raucous but something was only done about them when they pissed off the wrong person (a politician). In fact the law enforcement was actually afraid of them at one point.

There are actually gays in my social circle that frankly I have no problem with, they're pretty cool and they don't go around parading gay this gay that, it's their private life. It's the classless ones people really have a problem with.

I have accepted the fact that there's some guy's out there that love dick, for the love of God I can't understand why, but shit, stop going around and advertising it wanting everyone to embrace you, it's pretty fucking weird. Now they're even trying to teach 'gay equality' in high schools here through the Caribbean Studies subject.

I oppose it. Marriage isn't a right, its a privilege, and an institution based on a thousands-year-old institution. For the most part, I believe being gay isn't a choice; some, albiet few, women choose to be romantic and sexual with women because they emotionally complement one another quite well. But for men, it must be involuntary. I love women, tits, ass, pussy, etc., and the thought of gay sex is gross. I cannot see a man voluntarily choosing to like other men, and am empathetic to them.

That said, marriage is the basis of family, order, and structure in society. Marriage was established millenia ago as a societal obligation for the proper structure of family and raising of children, and thus, where in principle family (penile-vaginal sex) cannot occur, marriage cannot occur. So while I understand why gays wish to wed, and have empathy for them, it must not be allowed. Marriage isn't a right, and I do not have the right to wed Margot Robbie, but if I were to romance her (God help me) and have her agree to wed me, then the privilege is mine.

The media portrays those who oppose gay marriage as homophobic bigots, which is disgraceful. I would attend a gay wedding of a family member out of respect, I don't care who has sex with who, rather only those with whom I have it. I have empathy for gays, I find lesbian porn arousing and very sexy. But I oppose gay marriage, which breaks thousands of years of tradition, and the integral structure of [b]all[/b ]civilizations.