rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What Country has made you shed a tear?

It was years ago and it was after my 2nd time in Colombia and Brazil. No other countries have ever made me feel that way, and now I am probably too jaded and the world has changed too much, to ever feel that again.
Philippines came close.

After my first trip to Thailand 1998... But it has changed dramatically since then.

Ambiguous... shed a tear because it was so shit that you cried? Or shed a tear because it was so wonderful? Or that you had to leave? Or stay?

I shed a tiny tear when I was able to get on that plane knowing that I could finally leave the U.S. on my own terms and indefinitely.

It wasn't out of sadness but pure joy.

I shed a tear after leaving the Philippines in Oct 2011. It was a liberty deployment and I had an absolute blast. Thailand was close for me but I already knew what to expect after the Philippines.

The day I had to leave Hungary to come to Cambodia.

America...every time I read the news.

Лучше поздно, чем никогда

...life begins at "70% Warning Level."....

My answer to this question is in my sig.

First time I left USA to Singapore, had to go back. I turned into a moist ass bitch because I knew I was giving up my rock star status.

Quote: (06-13-2015 02:23 PM)Phoenix Wrote:  

Ambiguous... shed a tear because it was so shit that you cried? Or shed a tear because it was so wonderful? Or that you had to leave? Or stay?

Shed a tear because you had to leave, and the country gave you a feeling of joy, you have never felt before.

First trip to Colombia returning eventually to Qatar..... Wouldn't say tearful, but wasn't joyful either.

Thailand every time.

Japan

Brasil
One great time there.

I cried for Argentina.

First time I left France (Grenoble) to go traveling and first time I left France definitely...also in Switzerland, my first trip to Zermatt when I came back

Tears of Joy
Prague in 2005: It boasted a top quality talent pool to day/night game or even pipeline (plenty of 7's & 8's too!). I got several Czech flags on my very first visit by mixing up my game techniques. It was nearly too easy back then. It was also very cheap for everything and actually quite hard to spend lots of money on a night out. For example I paid 90CZK (around €3) to get into a popular club (I can't remember the name) but it had a solid 50:50 ratio, most of whom were absolute stunners and very receptive to approaches.

Tears of Disappointment
Prague in 2015: Right now the quality of talent has dropped severally as lots of girls have gotten fat and most have major bitch shields/massive attitude. The main problem is obviously the plethora of thirsty guys from all over the globe that go there with the same intentions and will happily cock block you for an average 6 or low 7. Not even pipelining works anymore as I found out to my frustration. It's also turned into a complete ripoff. I was charged 800CZK/1200CZK VIP (€30/€45 VIP) into Mecca, which is an absolute sausagefest with a a sprinkle of 6's sitting at tables or standing with a group of guys, so it's virtually impossible to approach.

Roatan, Honduras

I shed tears of joy leaving that place.

For me the country itself has never made me 'shed a tear', but generally when being in a country like Japan after having been in Australia the feeling has been one of 'breathing fresh air'. Like a deep, visceral feeling of relief that seems to come in through your lungs and spread throughout your whole body. Sometimes on walks when I've walked past a particularly beautiful juxtaposition of the countryside, advanced infrastructure, and good weather, I've been compelled to sit down and just look at it in wonder and pleasurable peace. All I ever felt in Australia about anything was "oh this is less shit".

This is one of the things I love about travel. Every country has a distinct 'feeling' to it. Kind of like a 'flavour' but as a comprehensive sensation. You only get it though when you deliberately try to penetrate deep into the culture and country, I.e. deliberately and specifically avoiding other tourists and touristy areas and attractions.

France. The beautiful Basque countryside, exquisite wine, beautiful women, and Parisian coffee shops with a full view of the city made me the saddest I've been to leave.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

The Greek island of Crete.

There's this little village there by the beach with no tourists , the moment i got there i just had that feeling of arriving 'home' .

It's kind of my private getaway, if shit ever hits the fan or i get really down that's the place where i'll be in my head.

I also love the attitude of the locals there, real life enjoyers, friendly, outgoing, party people and not sweating the small stuff.

Leaving Thailand at the end of both long term stays.
In fact my mood started getting noticeably darker as my stay came closer to an end and I had to start dealing with shit like picking a flight and finding an apartment.

I know you guys will go "whaaaat!" but its america for me. I moved here from northern Canada and I would just sit at a bar drinking my $1 happy hour drink, with a cellphone that actually worked, on driveable roads, with friendly easy sluts, cheap rent, low taxes, cheap flights and a consumers paradise and think...this place is amazing.

Now, this is rural/2nd tier city america. I don't like the metropolises and feel like they aren't much different than toronto.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Moscow 2013. Sadly, not anymore in 2015.

Rio de Janiero, summer of 2002, I still tear up when thinking about those amazing asses.