rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Malta or Greek Islands in July

Hi there,

I plan to hit up Malta or any Greek Islands (not sure which ones yet though) in July. I'll probably be traveling with my parents for a while but wanna do a week or so on my own as well. I don't know if there is much chance to hit on girls when traveling with my parents, but I wanna get loose on my own for sure. [Image: whip.gif]

The point is, I heard it's not an ideal place to run solo at these high energy summer party places. I have decent game, but I doubt I'd have the motivation and be pulling consistently at these places alone. Would be great to have a mate or two so we could wing each other.

Any fellow RooshV members who have similar plans in July?

RedGuard

Quote: (06-12-2015 05:13 PM)RedGuard Wrote:  

Hi there,

I plan to hit up Malta or any Greek Islands (not sure which ones yet though) in July. I'll probably be traveling with my parents for a while but wanna do a week or so on my own as well. I don't know if there is much chance to hit on girls when traveling with my parents, but I wanna get loose on my own for sure. [Image: whip.gif]

The point is, I heard it's not an ideal place to run solo at these high energy summer party places. I have decent game, but I doubt I'd have the motivation and be pulling consistently at these places alone. Would be great to have a mate or two so we could wing each other.

Any fellow RooshV members who have similar plans in July?

RedGuard

While I can't comment on the Greek Islands, I would think that they would be easier for (local) girls.

I'm part-Maltese myself, and one main thing to remember is that the population are very religious - percentage that are Roman Catholic is one of the highest in the world, and religion still plays a large part in society as many go to Sunday Mass. Due to this, I doubt you'll get much Maltese tail, as the females are still not very open to sleeping around.

July and August have the feast days of St. Dominic (on Malta), and Santa Maria (on Gozo). The locals parade a huge statue of the saint through the streets of the capital (Valletta, Malta or Rabat, Gozo) with marching bands and people dancing and walking in the streets. It's a brilliant atmosphere, but I doubt it's a good pick-up idea (especially being on a holy day!).

Malta would probably be good for non-Maltese girls, as the nightlife has improved in recent years. Not saying that Maltese girls are impossible, but it's much less likely (in my opinion) to get a lay from them.

As for the Greek Islands, Rhodes would probably be a good choice, but I didn't go there to game.

If you have any questions regarding Malta, be it sightseeing or gaming or whatever else, feel free to send me a PM

Thanks for your response and valuable information Pareto.

It wasn't my intention in the first place to chase local tail at either destination. From what I heard and confirmed by you Maltese girls are not very susceptible to a quick bang. Greek girls seem to be not either.

Since these are major party spots in summer, I'd focus on the easy European (or from wherever) tourists... I don't have much experience with European girls though since I'm 'specialized' in Asians.

I didn't have much problem running solo in Asia, but I guess it's different at these places in Europe.

Quote: (06-12-2015 05:47 PM)RedGuard Wrote:  

Thanks for your response and valuable information Pareto.

It wasn't my intention in the first place to chase local tail at either destination. From what I heard and confirmed by you Maltese girls are not very susceptible to a quick bang. Greek girls seem to be not either.

Since these are major party spots in summer, I'd focus on the easy European (or from wherever) tourists... I don't have much experience with European girls though since I'm 'specialized' in Asians.

I didn't have much problem running solo in Asia, but I guess it's different at these places in Europe.

Yeah, it's better to go for the flags other than that of the host nation at the two proposed destinations, in my opinion.

In Malta, you really don't get much of an added value for being a foreigner. They love Brits (because our Spitfires saved them from the Axis powers in WWII), and the same is probable for Americans, but I'd say it's more "pally-pally friends" than anything else, like you'd find somewhere else in Europe (tempted to say Colombia or SEA, but those are extreme cases). The archipelago is very popular for German and Italian tourists.

The main island of Malta is now very touristy, and very busy. If you're looking for somewhere quieter (maybe as a short get away) then the island of Gozo is sure a better bet (45 minute ferry). There really isn't much nightlife on Gozo, but Marsalforn is decent with a fair few bars open until late and, until a few years ago, bumper cars for some crazy prices (before the change from the Lira to the Euro) - it's since disappeared altogether.

Both Malta and Gozo have lots of history though, dating from the Biblical era (some think Malta was Atlantis, but yeah) all the way through the Knights Templar and WWII history. There are some lovely beaches too, so even if you get no tail, it's still a nice break away anyway

Malta is a great place in general but if gaming is your main priority then it's obviously not the best choice. The main nightlife area (Paceville) is overrun with teenagers of the binge drinking variety in Summer and there's a brawl or other shady shit going down on a nightly basis. The whole area is also overcrowded and cramped (I'm talking Mardi Gras levels) and blazing hot even in the night time. Also the mainstay places (Hugo's, Footloose etc) have the music turned up to ear splitting levels. It's still fun once or twice just for the sheer chaos factor but I would not expect anything productive to come out of it.

Outside of Paceville there's some interesting places to check out. There is one bar/lounge type place near St George Beach with a bit of an older crowd, I forgot the name unfortunately. I had a good time at Cafe del Mar as well. Bedouin Bar is a beautiful open air lounge set right by the water near the Westin Dragonara. If I remember correctly Native often has salsa and Latin music and attracts a lot of Spaniards and Italians. Marrakech and La Grotta are bigger venues further from St Julian's that I never made it to, but heard good things about.

Pareto has a point about the Maltese being conservative due to the Catholic influence but I don't think it applies to the young generation at all, or if so, not any more than in other Southern European countries like Italy or Spain. You always see plenty of young Maltese girls out and about in very skimpy dresses and while they don't slut it up quite as much as the tourists may, they're still accessible and warm up a lot if you show some genuine interest in their country and Maltese culture (or differentiate yourself from the binge drinking tourists in other ways)

I may actually end up in Malta for a bit in July, in that case I'll get in touch with you should you go for it.

I've never been to Greece but I did stay in Paceville 3 years ago. I had zero game at the time but I gotta say, the sausage fests I saw there were simply some next level shite. I'm talking ratios of at least 5:1 after 3:00 a.m, with plenty of thirsty Italian guys going after anything with a pulse and a vagina. Apparently, many young girls go there to practice their English in an academy during the day and later party at night but they usually stay in the outskirts and have special vans that pick them up at about 2:00 am. Even then, the competition wasn't that good anyways, if you don't get absolutely shit faced and approach frequently you can probably do ok. During my stay I never met any locals but I did get a short make out with a cute russian girl. There were also some hungarians, brittish and even corean girls if I remember correctly, so there's quite a bit of variety. However, I really don't think that the clubs at Paceville are suited for rolling solo. There are many large groups and I get the feeling that a guy by himself would give off the wrong vibe.

Тот, кто не рискует, тот не пьет шампанского

Greek Islands is a no brainer. There are many islands, I did two islands when I went years ago and had a blast.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

I have a possible job offer on the near horizon in Malta. I'd be very appreciative if someone with experience (Pareto perhaps) could really lay down a comprehensive data sheet for living, dating etc there.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Quote: (06-14-2015 05:11 AM)Teedub Wrote:  

I have a possible job offer on the near horizon in Malta. I'd be very appreciative if someone with experience (Pareto perhaps) could really lay down a comprehensive data sheet for living, dating etc there.

Sure can do - I'll try writing one up today or tomorrow