rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Latin Venues/Events in DC Area?

Anyone ever swoop Latina chicks in the DC area? I live in Montgomery County, and i saw quite a few cuties this weekend.

There's a website called KestaDC.com and a nightclub called Rio Cantina in Sterling, VA of all places.

However, since i'm not Latino, i'm a little intimidated in trying to visit one of these places, and trying to swoop chicks and one of these venues.

There seems to be a lot of Latinas in the Wheaton area, the Springfield/Woodbridge area and some near Gaithersburg and Herndon.

I also heard that Cafe Citron has a pretty Latin crowd.

Finally, anyone have any good strategies to hit on local Latinas? I see quite a few in Wheaton and up and down Georgia Avenue. Local Hispanics seem not to mix AT ALL with non-Hispanics.

I used to do the Salsa scene a few years back but got tired of it. There are a few latinas at the Salsa nights but the majority are gringos who love Salsa or are trying to learn. I think your best best would be Cuba Libre in Adams Morgan on one of the nights they do Salsa. I haven't been to a purely latino club in DC although I know they exist. Never heard of the spot you mentioned in Sterling. There is or was a latin club on Connecticut Ave close to K St.

My problem with the DC area latinos is that for me, they are the wrong type of latinos. I prefer Colombianas, Brasilieras, Boricuas, Cubanas, Venezolanas, and Dominicanas. DC is full of Peruanas, Bolivianas, Salvadorenas, y Nicaracenses.

If you get out there let us know what you found and how it was.

Cafe Citron is closed at the moment. I think there is some issue with their liquor license. Really sucks because that was one of the few good pickup spots left in the South of Dupont area.

Quote: (05-31-2011 05:23 AM)alb3 Wrote:  

My problem with the DC area latinos is that for me, they are the wrong type of latinos. I prefer Colombianas, Brasilieras, Boricuas, Cubanas, Venezolanas, and Dominicanas. DC is full of Peruanas, Bolivianas, Salvadorenas, y Nicaracenses.

Yup. This is a big problem. That's why you rarely see any dime looking Latin chics around here. Especially the ones with nice PHAT assess.

Quote: (05-31-2011 12:06 PM)rakishness Wrote:  

Cafe Citron is closed at the moment. I think there is some issue with their liquor license. Really sucks because that was one of the few good pickup spots left in the South of Dupont area.

Quote: (05-31-2011 05:23 AM)alb3 Wrote:  

Yup. This is a big problem. That's why you rarely see any dime looking Latin chics around here. Especially the ones with nice PHAT assess.

Cafe Citron was closed due to a number of alcohol/violence related incidents that occurred within & outside the club. No word on when/if they'll be re-opening.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Lima has its salsa night on Monday. Went once and it had mostly overweight Central American women who thought they were all that.

Isn't there a heavy latin spot in Adams Morgan right on 18th and Columbia?

Habana Village? or something?

I remember the place had great energy. Great girls, not so much.

Anyone been lately?

http://riocantina.ning.com/photo/album/list
http://www.kestadc.com/gallery/v/concert.../colombia/
http://www.kestadc.com/gallery/v/concertsandfestivals/

This is what i am talking about. It's all latinas only. Not a crappy night "latin" night in DC where most real latinas are unlikely to go, or a "salsa night" with a bunch of pasty 40 year old women from Arlington and Ashburn. The site also has concerts with Latin artists, so the crowds are pretty much all Latin.

The overall talent is not THAT great, but sometimes a really hot latin 6 or 7 with a great personality really beats the local DC talent.

I live not too far from Wheaton & Silver Spring, and i see latinas walking around every single day. Now should I hit on married/ taken women, and secondly, how is it best to approach the local latinas who often are new and often don't interact with non-Latins at all.

Though (from what I hear) it usually tends to attract more amateur white girls and wannabe PUAs, there's a free hour of beginner level salsa at Lucky Strike in Chinatown (below the movie theater) on Sunday nights. I've yet to go, but I hear there is usually some mixed talent.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Quote: (05-31-2011 04:24 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Isn't there a heavy latin spot in Adams Morgan right on 18th and Columbia?

Habana Village? or something?

I remember the place had great energy. Great girls, not so much.

Anyone been lately?

Yes, Havana Village is the name of the place. I called it Cuba Libre. Show's how much I go out in DC. From what I hear, that is the place where you will find the most latinas with a phat booty. But it's still full of gringos trying to be PUAs via Salsa from what one of my partners who is into the Salsa scene.

Quote: (05-31-2011 04:51 PM)whosyourdaddy Wrote:  

http://riocantina.ning.com/photo/album/list
http://www.kestadc.com/gallery/v/concert.../colombia/
http://www.kestadc.com/gallery/v/concertsandfestivals/

This is what i am talking about. It's all latinas only. Not a crappy night "latin" night in DC where most real latinas are unlikely to go, or a "salsa night" with a bunch of pasty 40 year old women from Arlington and Ashburn. The site also has concerts with Latin artists, so the crowds are pretty much all Latin.

The overall talent is not THAT great, but sometimes a really hot latin 6 or 7 with a great personality really beats the local DC talent.

I live not too far from Wheaton & Silver Spring, and i see latinas walking around every single day. Now should I hit on married/ taken women, and secondly, how is it best to approach the local latinas who often are new and often don't interact with non-Latins at all.

I think you need to take a weekend trip to NYC.

There used to be a place called Agua Ardiente in Foggy Bottom - much classier than Cafe Citron. But it was only full on certan nights, whereas Citron was generally banging all the time.
Not sure if it's still around, but worth checking out.

I was about to post about Agua Ardiente too but it's closed now.

Save your money and go to NYC or Miami or better yet get a plane ticket to Latin America. DC Sucks

Cafe Citron is open again. I walked by there last night.

So I get this bright idea to google El Salvadorian restro's in D.C. A handful popped up, with a place called Restaurant Judy sort of in the center. I got pretty excited and was ready to announce this wonderful find.....then I read this part of the forum. I'm suddenly filled w/ a feeling of hopelessness. [Image: confused.gif]

The restaurants seems to do well. There's a Peruvian spot in Gburg, great food, a little pricey, usually the only gringo in the joint, save a guy who married a Peruvian girl.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

There's a place south of Dupont... just on the corner with Connecticut and K called Bravo Bravo. That place is 100% Latino.. authentic, but the quality isn't very high.

Out of 100 girls, there's probably 5/6 swoopable ones.

That said, the male competition is so lame there, I think you can score if you just show up. I never stay that long to find out though.

Quote: (06-28-2011 08:50 PM)Subotai Wrote:  

There's a place south of Dupont... just on the corner with Connecticut and K called Bravo Bravo. That place is 100% Latino.. authentic, but the quality isn't very high.

Out of 100 girls, there's probably 5/6 swoopable ones.

That said, the male competition is so lame there, I think you can score if you just show up. I never stay that long to find out though.

I've got two latino friends that keep trying to get me to come to this place with them, but everything I've read is basically what you just said, lots of ugly/fat hispanic girls.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men