rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

IB Approach thread

IB Approach thread

It's time for me to start approaching! I'm experiencing a slight change of locale this summer. I'm fairly tall, a minority, and a student. I'd like as much feedback from my approaches as you guys can give.

App. 1

This was at an airport. I was sitting down chatting with an elderly woman, when I spotted a blonde 6 across from me. She laughed at a comment the woman made and I opened her, subsequently. "Are you also headed to X?" She was and she seemed fairly eager to speak with me early on. She was headed home to attend a rock festival. I teased her about "getting an ipod instead of dropping 2k to hear Linkin Park." Lots of qualification in this set. She was coming home from IN, so she also pointed the fact that it wasn't her idea (i.e school). The conversation fizzled out (I turned away) bc I was getting tired, but she KEPT re-engaging (abt 3 times). Unfortunately, her flight arrived so I could not close.

**In retrospect, I am very close to her area and could have invited her out for a drink/music event.

Maine and Canadian lobsters are the same animal. Prove me wrong.

IB Approach thread

Good use of her cueing you by laughing.

She brought up some adventurous things she was doing that you could have commented on and explored further.

That iPod "neg" sounds a little cynical and like a buzz kill but that might be because it's out of context.

Give her some credit:
"That's a real adventure."

Find out more about what excites her:
"Any particular acts/musicians that you're looking forward to seeing?"

Get people to talk about what they're interested in and passionate about. You'll learn, and they'll like you more.

"You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar."
--My Mother

IB Approach thread

Poor daygame opportunity here. College town. I might have to head of of my way to do some sarging. I'll keep you guys posted.

Maine and Canadian lobsters are the same animal. Prove me wrong.