rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dark Past : Advantage or Disadvantage ?

Since i'll be moving to a new country soon and leaving my old life behind and dedicate myself towards self-improvement and a successful future for myself , i've been thinking about something.

When i get into a conversation with a girl, she'll ask me why i moved there.

Obviously i would like to keep my past more of a secret since i've gotten into quite alot of trouble and have done some pretty bad stuff, particulary in terms of drugs, alcohol and violence while under the influence of both. I'm also a 'bad boy' and naturally a very 'dark-triad' person , a term i've seen used alot on this forum and the red pill.

Question is: How can i turn my past into an advantage and DHV? Because girls will probably be more suspicious since i'll be a foreigner.

Or should i just make up something or keep very aloof?

Look up "Little Dark". He has some interesting threads on the subject.

Think alot of people who get into Game come from traumatic past, first off don't even tell them, keep it to yourself but use it for motivation.

Quote: (05-21-2015 07:42 PM)PainPositive Wrote:  

If you've got nothing useful to say or help, then why don't you just keep quiet?

Your sense of humor is not very good.

Quote:Quote:

Question is: How can i turn my past into an advantage and DHV? Because girls will probably be more suspicious since i'll be a foreigner.

As a general rule, the less you tell her the better. They say curiosity killed the cat, but in this case, if you play it right, she'll want to fuck you.

I always play it light, with some opaque but good-hearted reference to having a good time in the past. If you want to give her a little bit of dirt, give it to her in such a way that will provoke her intrigue and get her hamster jogging a little bit. But if she gets too nosy, say something like "we'll talk about it more when we get to know each other better. It's nothing too crazy, but I want to build more trust with you before I tell you too much." This puts her in a position of wanting to build trust with you, so she can find out, which also serves your objective of building the intimacy she needs to sleep with you. So, at this point, she has to either hunt or fish. You've told her you want her to fish; if she complies, great. If she questions you aggressively, next her. It's a great tell for what she's going to be like throughout the interaction. If someone you just met insists on all the gruesome details of your past, she's going to be more trouble than she's worth most of the time.

delete

@CapitanPeligroso

Thanks for the advice.

In the deleted post you asked me about location.

I'll be moving to either Sweden, Finland, UK or Germany (Berlin) .

You're welcome. Calibrate the above advice to your country of choice and your particular dark past as needed. You ought to be able to have a good time with this if you play it well.

What will you say/do when she asks for your last name?

WIA

Quote: (05-21-2015 08:17 PM)Driesinator Wrote:  

If you've got nothing useful to say or help, then why don't you just keep quiet?

It was a little joke. Little dark jokes are always appreciated or at least by me.

I'm trying to help here with the next comment. I don't want you to take this the wrong way. But why such a negative reaction to a simple joke? You could have just ignored it.

In real life are you quick to be set off?

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Quote: (05-21-2015 08:53 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

WIA

There's nothing on the internet about me , i'm not a serious criminal or anything , far from.

My question is just this : If a girl asks me why i moved to her country/city , would it be in my best interest to tell her i had some real struggles or would it lower my value, would it be best to lie about it or to try and evade the question.

Quote: (05-21-2015 08:55 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

It was a little joke. Little dark jokes are always appreciated or at least by me.

I'm trying to help here with the next comment. I don't want you to take this the wrong way. But why such a negative reaction to a simple joke? You could have just ignored it.

I know what Little Dark means and i know the specific thread he's talking about.

I felt that with his comment, he was trying to act 'cool' , or trying to be a douche.

And no i don't have a short temper.

I just thought of this. I imagine there are sites that are for helping ex cons reintegrate back into society. I am not saying you are an ex con or anything bad. But it may be a proxy to help you find some answers from guys who have had to deal with a less than ideal past. Maybe questions like yours have been asked before and were answered by those who have had real experience in those matters.

I imagine having a dark past would get most girls curious. Maybe not the ones you want to marry but food for a bang. I remember being suited up for my drivers license renewal. I wanted a good pic and turned to the blonde next to me and asked how my hair was since my last pic looked like I had gotten out of prison. She was asked you were in prison and her eyes sparkled a bit. But then I got called away for my pic and lost the momentum.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Quote: (05-21-2015 09:05 PM)Driesinator Wrote:  

Quote: (05-21-2015 08:55 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

I know what Little Dark means and i know the specific thread he's talking about.

I felt that with his comment, he was trying to act 'cool' , or trying to be a douche.

And no i don't have a short temper.

Fine. Just seemed a bit touchy over nothing that's all. I wish you the best of luck on this transition to a new life.

@samsamsam

Thanks for the advice and good-luck wishes.

Yes i've talked to people, my family has helped me get back on the right track mentally.

Never been to jail but gotten close, basically struggled with severe addiction from a very young age and all the drama that comes with it.

Got it. If I may offer this thought. Maybe just go with the flow. If this is related to girls. Some of them are going to have similar experiences or know people who have. Drug use is very common these days as is wild behavior.

If you can discuss it and show that you have authentically grown from it people will appreciate that. Plus, depending if your goal is just a bang or more of a relationship. A lot girls want the challenge to fix guys or play nurse healing an injured soldier. It could be in your advantage to show a little of the past. As long as you pull off the dark triad thing well. If I may ask, do you do well with girls where you are? If so, I can't imagine you having a problem.

Also, as much as we sometimes want all the answers in advance there may be some fine tuning of your story based on reactions you are getting. Just the way it is.

Quote: (05-21-2015 09:35 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

Got it. If I may offer this thought. Maybe just go with the flow. If this is related to girls. Some of them are going to have similar experiences or know people who have. Drug use is very common these days as is wild behavior.

If you can discuss it and show that you have authentically grown from it people will appreciate that. Plus, depending if your goal is just a bang or more of a relationship. A lot girls want the challenge to fix guys or play nurse healing an injured soldier. It could be in your advantage to show a little of the past. As long as you pull off the dark triad thing well. If I may ask, do you do well with girls where you are? If so, I can't imagine you having a problem.

Also, as much as we sometimes want all the answers in advance there may be some fine tuning of your story based on reactions you are getting. Just the way it is.

I'd say my game is good compared to the average guy my age (though compared to most others on this forum, my game is still very novice), i've done very well here, but the thing is, most of it was social circle and i live in a small city, the girls know me here. So that 'badass' reputation kind of helped me out that way.

Quote: (05-21-2015 09:01 PM)Driesinator Wrote:  

Quote: (05-21-2015 08:53 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

WIA

There's nothing on the internet about me , i'm not a serious criminal or anything , far from.

My question is just this : If a girl asks me why i moved to her country/city , would it be in my best interest to tell her i had some real struggles or would it lower my value, would it be best to lie about it or to try and evade the question.

If it were me, "I wanted a new start, and I've heard a lot about this place"

If she presses you on it, "In my country....."

But I wouldn't volunteer negative information about myself.

In terms of using it to your advantage, by referencing a shady past, that's a judgment call. I've got a few scars/burns from when I worked in a bakery as a teen. Had a chick think I was a reformed gangsta. If that's what she wants to believe... I'm not gonna tell her how I reached into the oven and the oven door kicked up unexpectedly.

WIA

Never , I repeat never tell her anything of the dark past. All women say that they can handle the truth. But in reality they cant. Always water it down.

Eg. After a good session of laying pipe. They shit test by saying " I can tell you been with other women before". You know how you tearing it up with other byatches besides her. But she can never know.

So here is a good answer : I wish it was like that. To tell you the truth I was not one where the ladies are all over me and stuff. I had like two serious relationships but it did not last. You bring out this sexual performance in me.

Your bitches hamster will start jogging. In her mind she thinks that she is the best thing that ever happened to you. No one is going fuck you like how she does. It builds trust and keeps her content and more willing to please you in the sack. In the meantime you will be fucking more chicks behind her back. Brilliant. As Roosh said. Are you playing her or you the one being played.

If you have a dark past , like drugs, or run ins with the law, bad marriage etc. The less they know the better. You cannot trust a women period. That goes without saying.

I cannot say this louder. Never , never tell her anything about your past. No matter how much you trust her. Lie , lie ,lie if you have to. You will be happier for it.

You're right. I'm too new to tell anyone jokes on here. Was good natured but this is the Internet, I apologize.

here is my honest advice:

I don't consider myself to have a dark past because I've always been a positive guy in most ways. Some of the crazy shit I've done could be considered dark though. In my experience dark never helps on a LTR level but can help on a SNL.

For me if I tell a girl I used to be young and crazy getting into all kinds of trouble and they see the contrast of a guy who has his shit together they respect that.

But I can't say this enough... Never go into detail. Every single time I have its either hurt me or not helped. Even if you think that it's only kids stuff it can be a major turn off.

Examples: experimentation with recreational drugs, fights, damage to property, breaking the law, even the small stuff.

If it's not getting you ahead in life or otherwise then why do it? You can apply this to many things in life, including what you choose to tell a woman about yourself. Hope that helps.

Note: Someone reported my Little Dark joke so I'll tone down the humor from now on. I'm sorry if the person who reported that was wounded by my comment in any way. It wasn't my intention to hurt or offend you.

you could say you had to leave because a girl broke your heart and you needed to get away to make things better for yourself.

[Image: huh.gif]

Some women would find that appealing.

Lie to make it sound better, or lie and act as if nothing has ever happened

Quote: (05-22-2015 01:22 AM)Grad Wrote:  

Never , I repeat never tell her anything of the dark past. All women say that they can handle the truth. But in reality they cant. Always water it down.

That right there. If this stuff is weighing heavily on your mind, get a good counselor or find some really close friends. Especially in a serious relationship, it will poison it - women will always be freaking out about it. If you have a bad week, get in a bad mood for a while, the hamster starts running in overdrive and then she'll do something stupid.

One good friend of mine had a pretty fucked up childhood - his mom killed herself when he was young, an older neighbor boy did sexually inappropriate stuff with him. He revealed that to his fiancee when they were engaged. She said she was OK with it, but years later, that shit still poisons his relationship. It's not a mitigating factor, she blames whatever his current emotional down cycle is on his past, when it's always the present that's the trouble.

The only chicks who will be seriously into a real dark past are sociopaths and they'll only get you back into trouble.

How do you view your past? Have you had enough distance from it to distill wisdom or can you still feel the pain of the emotional scare?

Being mysterious is cool, just don't do it like these guys