rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

iPod Touch

iPod Touch

Anyone own or have experience with the iPod Touch? I've been told that if you're in a WiFi area, you can use the internet and make phone calls and texts. Is this true? What are its other functions, advantages, and capabilities. I was thinking of an iPhone, but it's so expensive and the contract will make you a slave.

Hello.

iPod Touch

I've got one for my kid. Forget about it, and get an Android phone.

iPod Touch

I have one and the wifi does open up it's capabilities for sure, I haven't personally downloaded the app necessary to make it able to make calls but I believe the app exists and even with wifi you'd have to pay for txts sent using the apps so you're not really saving anything. Ipods fun for what it is but if you wanna use it as a phone I think you're just better off getting a phone.

iPod Touch

Yes...skype and google voice have an app...

I have a touch and droid phone

iPod Touch

Yes you can make phone calls and send text very easily with the iPod Touch when you have internet. The problem is that most times finding an open hotspot is a PITA.

One thing I considered is getting a mobile hotspot and carry it around with my iPod Touch and have internet everywhere. I then would then have nearly unlimited text, talk, and internet.

iPod Touch

Quote: (05-28-2011 08:02 PM)username Wrote:  

Yes you can make phone calls and send text very easily with the iPod Touch when you have internet. The problem is that most times finding an open hotspot is a PITA.

One thing I considered is getting a mobile hotspot and carry it around with my iPod Touch and have internet everywhere. I then would then have nearly unlimited text, talk, and internet.

Is there an app I need to download for making phone calls, texts, and internet connectivity on the iPod Touch? Also, what is a mobile hotspot?

Hello.