rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Yoga Poses and Headstands: the New Duckface

Women's tendency to copycat each other to oblivion in well-documented on this forum.

[Image: attachment.jpg26394]   

But, one trend that I've been noticing recently is the massive proliferation of headstands and yoga poses on social media (especially on online dating sites). I mean it's impossible to do 5 minutes of swiping on Tinder in various American cities I've visited and not see something like this:

[Image: attachment.jpg26392]   

I attribute the whole thing to the perfect copycat storm created by fad fitness (cross-fit or gimmick 5Ks), Lulelemon pants, and traditional attention-whoring. I also think Indian Race Troll put it best when he said this:

[Image: attachment.jpg26393]   

Have you guys seen this shit or is it just me? What else do you guys think is behind it?

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Solipsism? Females are highly impressionable? The hive mind?

Maine and Canadian lobsters are the same animal. Prove me wrong.

It just shows me they are flexible and in shape. Not a bad thing.

Don't forget all these crossfit girls (very prevalent in SoCal) with their squat photos or power cleans.

[Image: Girl-Back-Squat-300x270.jpg]

WB every yoga posing chick in that photo

namaste

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Must be different in the US.

In the UK its a mixture of filters, black African kids or duckfaces and some yoga poses.

Quote: (05-19-2015 05:38 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

It just shows me they are flexible and in shape.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote: (05-19-2015 05:33 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

[Image: xc28KFU.png?1]

[Image: RdWImZS.png?1]

Well, its in their nature, they are gonna copy some dumb shit. At least unlike duck face, fatties cannot join this fad.

For reals every single yoga girl I know has to be 7+

They've all got great bodies, decent personalities, and definitely open minded.

It's the fatties you have to worry about rockin yoga gear....not like they're hard to spot.

Quote: (05-19-2015 06:23 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

It's the fatties you have to worry about rockin yoga gear....not like they're hard to spot.

The good news is still that lululemon athletica does not make clothes over a size 12. Of course, size 12 is still pretty freaking huge.

Quote: (05-19-2015 06:19 PM)BlurredSevens Wrote:  

Quote: (05-19-2015 05:33 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

[Image: xc28KFU.png?1]

[Image: RdWImZS.png?1]

Yoga class. Sign up for your two week free trial of classpass to check out all of the local yoga studios to find out which one has the hottest girls. A lot of the yoga studios offer a more spiritual theme and cater to the older(40 to 90) crowd. Avoid those, obviously.

http://www.classpass.com/los-angeles/2weektrial

That is the 2 week free trial for los angeles classpass. You might have to email them for a trial in your city

I hope fatties try this. Them wiping out will be good for a chuckle.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

I'm really tired of walking past girls in yoga pants and catching a whiff of cigarettes and poosy stank. That seems to be the norm.

And if IRT really wants to bed these yoga groupies he needs to go full Yogi and wear nothing but mud. [Image: hump.gif]

Team Nachos

While I technically agree with several of you who are saying some version, "well at least we know they're not fatties," that just shows just how far the American woman--and our attendant male expectations--have plummeted. I'm sure all the guys who have expressed this sentiment are in the Anglosphere at the moment. If she can do a headstand (and therefore isn't obese or wheelchair bound), we're more or less satisfied--even if it's bald-faced Instagram grade attention-whoring. Forget cooking or ironing or just looking nice in a dress. At least she's not fat and has all her hair, in not-some-Skittles-color, still.

I posted that main picture on Twitter, and this only serves to confirm this sad state of affairs.

[Image: attachment.jpg26397]   

And further proof that this attitude just feeds into the thirst epidemic cycle. This comment:

[Image: attachment.jpg26398]   

Was liked by this "photographer."

[Image: attachment.jpg26399]   

In other words (and this isn't an indictment of you guys--because I know you all get it--as much as it is one on American men as a whole):

[Image: attachment.jpg26400]   

Quote: (05-19-2015 06:23 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

I'm with you here man. We should be encouraging this kind of behavior regardless of how cliche it comes off.

Perky energetic white girls with tight bodies and flat stomachs = fuck yeah. Yoga produces these girls en masse.

They are flexible too which is great when I am banging them on my kitchen counter.

Sign me up for #TeamYoga!

Sad thing is - that "photographer" twitter girl is probably fake.

Somewhere deep in twitter are dudes who create fake spam accounts of hot girls and then have 100's if not 1000's of thirsty simp dudes follow these girls.

These then fake hot girl accounts with a ton of followers then get turned around and sold to thirsty dudes and girls alike who want a ton of followers on Twitter.

It happens on IG all of the time.

[Image: article-2326255-19D71DC7000005DC-635_634x491.jpg]

[Image: post2.jpg]

I cant be too mad.

One of my sports friends is probably really similar to those attention whores- she taught me how to do headstands, and weirdly how its even easier than handstands. I find it very enjoyable in that position. Takes a lot of core strength to do (or insane amounts of balance, so much so its easier to assume they have core strength), and works your biceps too.

That being said as long as the girl isnt attention whoring too much, I approve. To me the activity itself is more "proof" of attractiveness("Oh hey, Im good at sports/flexibility, so I am a better mate"), rather than actual attention whoring. I would say its most similar to something like makeup or dressing attractively- do you count that as attention whoring?

Quote: (05-19-2015 05:39 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

Don't forget all these crossfit girls (very prevalent in SoCal) with their squat photos or power cleans.

[Image: Girl-Back-Squat-300x270.jpg]

pictures of chicks squatting barbells is as attractive as me posting a picture of me ironing my shirt. No one wants to see a woman being a man as their 'best foot forward'

Sure, it helps them have a nice ass and helps me look good but its not 'profile picture' kind of stuff.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

[Image: iwGOmpWAwCQ7J.gif]

[Image: GlassVastHypsilophodon.gif]

[Image: 5c22RvF.jpg]

I rest my case.

Totally agree and it's been bugging me for a while. I think the trend started with urban SWPL chicks who wanted to show how "eat pray love" they are while also pointing their ass at the camera, but it's gaining steam with pretty much all girls who attention whore. It's more or less a plausibly deniable way to show off, since it's somewhat hard to criticize directly, even though the clear intention is to replicate sexual positions under the guise of being "exercise". The explicit message they're trying to send is-- "look how healthy, well-traveled, and spiritual I am." (which is already a distasteful cliche). But the implicit message is-- "look at how hot my ass looks bent over in trendy spandex."

The ultimate irony, of course, is when these girls explicitly state "no selfies or shirtless pics" on dating sites, as if pointing their Lululemon covered ass in the air is some deep spiritual experience because they're in front of a mountain. Tuth, do you swipe right or left for these girls? I almost always swipe left these days.

Also, what is your opinion on girls who go to the supermarket (or even just walk around the city) after yoga in their stretchy pants? While obviously it's sexy, it pisses me off. I live in DC and for some reason seeing entitled upper class chicks flaunt themselves seems especially distasteful, even if they actually are coming from yoga.

I think a lot of guys in America are in love with the muscular but fit girl. I'll take the naturally thin and petite girl any day of the week over these yoga and crossfit broads.

In addition, we are not hating on the fact that they are staying in shape but more so that they are attention whoring with the dumb poses. It's very herd-like as I've seen a number of tinder photos like this.

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Yoga has been popular with American women for a long time.

Gloria Swanson

[Image: attachment.jpg26402]   

Marilyn Monroe

[Image: attachment.jpg26403]   

Indra Devi

[Image: attachment.jpg26404]   

Rico... Sauve....

This is a common enough variant:

[Image: 1382066306095.jpg]

[Image: AerialShowgirlsTissu2.jpg]

I think the appeal to all of it that any ass can look gravity-defying when the bitch is turned upside down.

The other driving force is that these bitches don't have a lot going in other than clichéd activities. Girls have a pack mentality, and yoga is the hottest trend in bitch land. It's right up there with the iPhone, coffee, and brunch. So they're not going to start doing something else until enough girls have already adopted it. Personally, I'd be amazed to a hot chick (from the US) involved in any of the following: league bowling, dominoes, jazzercise, falconry, or building model trains.