rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I'm changing the way I do first dates

Prior to my trip to the Philippines, I would meet girls - off online or day game - at a drink venue a few minute drive from my place, and buy us a round or two of drinks, and maybe an appetizer.

But if I lined up a lot of dates for the week, this got really expensive. Each date set me back about $30-70 a pop, and most of them don't even lead to notches. Not sustainable.

Even before my trip, I was thinking there has to be a better way. Now here's what I'm thinking:

- Do the Zero date method and have them come directly to my place. Risky due to SIFs.
- Meet them at a Cafe Express (relatively cheap venue), a 1 minute WALK from my place. Less risky because I can always walk out on a SIF. If not a SIF, I can use 5-10 minutes to "vet" them before ordering one round of drinks or bringing them back to my place.

This should hopefully save me a lot of money and time.

Great idea. Logistics are underrated and I prefer to keep things casual myself.

Check out my occasionally updated travel thread - The Wroclaw Gambit II: Dzięki Bogu - as I prepare to emigrate to Poland.

Is your neighborhood walkable?

If yes, you could invite the girl to the venue, say you drank too much the night before, and would she mind if you just talk a nice walk to get some fresh air.

You get the venue bouncing effect which increases comfort, and you'll have enough time to suss out whether there's any chemistry or not.

Then if it's all green, you could find an excuse to get her up to your place.

That's pretty much my strategy these days and for the same reason, i.e. spending money on an unproven prospect is foolish, it flips the reward dynamic upside down of what it should be (she, maybe, rewards you with sex for being a good little provider), and you don't wind up drinking which in my book is a good thing overall.

Quote: (05-16-2015 05:10 AM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

Prior to my trip to the Philippines, I would meet girls - off online or day game - at a drink venue a few minute drive from my place, and buy us a round or two of drinks, and maybe an appetizer.

But if I lined up a lot of dates for the week, this got really expensive. Each date set me back about $30-70 a pop, and most of them don't even lead to notches. Not sustainable.

Even before my trip, I was thinking there has to be a better way. Now here's what I'm thinking:

- Do the Zero date method and have them come directly to my place. Risky due to SIFs.
- Meet them at a Cafe Express (relatively cheap venue), a 1 minute WALK from my place. Less risky because I can always walk out on a SIF. If not a SIF, I can use 5-10 minutes to "vet" them before ordering one round of drinks or bringing them back to my place.

I fukkin' love it!!! Done it myself and its great!

Your SOP looks very, very solid - use your logistics to eliminate SIFs, other undesirables, etc. while keeping your co$t per bang low, in terms of time, money and effort spent.

Well done.

“….and we will win, and you will win, and we will keep on winning, and eventually you will say… we can’t take all of this winning, …please Mr. Trump …and I will say, NO, we will win, and we will keep on winning”.

- President Donald J. Trump

maybe an appetizer.

Here's your problem right here.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

I like your thinking. You're trying to simplify. That's good.

Don't go on "dates" though. Dates are for guys in relationships, or for guys that already banged their girl and want to make a gesture of appreciation.

If you are concerned the chick is going to be fat, then just tell her to "meet me at XYZ park. It's right near my place. We can hang for a few and if we get along we'll go back to my place for a drink."

Keep it simple!

This is almost identical to the first date model that I use now (see my post Alcoholic vs. Non Alcoholic First Dates). For me using this method leaves all options on the table and gives me the most flexibility and plausible deniability in terms of how soon I go for the bang. As much as I love the concept of the zero date bang and I think BlurredSevens is light years ahead of his time, I have huge concerns over getting tangled up with SIF's and crazies. Yes I know, we can screen for those but it's never 100% until you meet them in person. Here are the benefits I've noticed by using this style:

1. The date is very cheap. I spend no more than about $10 for coffee, tea or ice cream. Over the years I've plowed thousands of dollars into drinks on women where I got nothing in return or ended up wanting to get the hell out. By meeting for something non alcoholic there's no bartender constantly saying "You want another drink Miss?" and me sitting there awkwardly thinking, shit there's another $15 gone on a stupid skinny cosmarita foo foo [Image: dodgy.gif]

2. It lets me quickly screen for chemistry, social skills (can she put a coherent sentence together) craziness and if she's DTF based on her actions and the vibe she's sending me. It also allows me a quick exit if she's annoying as hell or other red flags are flying.

3. The older women get the stronger their ASD becomes. While I've encountered my share of 40+ year old women who were quickly DTF my general experience has been women under 30 are pretty easy first date bangs for me and over 30 it usually takes more than one date and on the off chance I do get them home on the first date the LMR battle will be long and grueling. I've even had older women, stripped down to their panties, dripping wet tell me that they just cannot break their "no first date sex rule but sex on a second date? Absolutely!!" [Image: banana.gif] By doing a cheap and casual first meeting it gets that all important first date box checked for her and allows you to aggressively escalate to sex on the second date if you so choose. It also provides upward room to move up the ladder to a drink date so the woman feels like the dates are making forward progress ("oooh, we did coffee on the first and now we're doing martinis on the second, I can't wait to see what happens on the third" [Image: angel.gif])

4. It allows you to screen for women who just want free drinks and attention but have no intention of doing anything further with you. If a girl is dead set against meeting for anything other than alcohol and you're still feeling her, pitch the zero date bang model and say you'll make her drinks at your place. If she insists on meeting out next her. She just wants to drink on your dime and invest nothing. If a girl is truly interested in meeting you she will have no problem with a non alcoholic option.

5. If when you meet the girl you get an instant DTF vibe you have the option of immediately saying "Hey, I just learned how to make blah blah drink, want to give it a try?" and then instantly bouncing back to your place. If she declines you can still proceed with your cheap and casual date.

Of course for all of this to work it's critical that you live very close to where you will be meeting her. For me I live 2 mins from a large outdoor shopping center with bars, cafes and ice cream. Similar to real estate game is all about logistics, logistics, logistics.

All great posts above.

I should note that Houston is not a walkable city. However, there IS a cafe within one minute walk from my place. While it serves food, it also serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. It's the only option that is walkable from my place, but it's much cheaper than the wine bars I've been using before.

Quote: (05-16-2015 01:56 PM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

All great posts above.

I should note that Houston is not a walkable city. However, there IS a cafe within one minute walk from my place. While it serves food, it also serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. It's the only option that is walkable from my place, but it's much cheaper than the wine bars I've been using before.

You don't have to go anywhere with her, man.

Tell her to meet you outside the cafe "so I know you're not a crazy cat lady. Then we'll walk to my place for a drink."

If she's fat then you just keep walking by. If not, you say hi to her and then go to your place for a drink.

A good way to entice girls to come to your place is through food. Texas girls aren't shy to say 'yes' to a piece of meat. And remember, that ribeye is an extension of your penis. She'll start with the steak, and chew all the way down to your balls.

I'm having a lot of success with culinary game and 1st dates. These aren't basic online bitches. I'm giving the Isle of Misfit Toys a break. I meet them in the bar, through daygaming, or social circles. Establish fast repoire, and a few days later:

Girl: Whatcha doing?

Me:

[Image: attachment.jpg26352]   

[Image: attachment.jpg26353]   

[Image: attachment.jpg26354]   

Her: OMG, what time?

Me: 8. Don't be late of the dog gets your steak.

@Cleanslate- Meet the girls at the cafe, talk for a minute, and tell her to follow you up to your apt, as you got a roast in the crockpot and need to check on it. Promise me, Texas girls never turn down a piece of meat. Game. Set. Match.

This approach can certainly work wonders at the cost of filtering out the possible bangs of girls you have a "normal" date with and things "just happened" in her head leading to sex, many of these girls would never agree to meet at your place or even 2 minutes from your place (unless centrally located). It's a small cost though for the reward of avoiding wasting your time and money on time wasters.

I've had too many dates of 3-4 hours for drinks escalating with kissing thinking something may happen but they are too hesitant to go any further above kissing, in some cases avoid kissing and the girl would rather go home, this is sometimes after $50-100 wasted on drinks. These days I prefer to walk around with the girl (e.g. inviting her to a park in the summer) and make her feel we are on an "adventure" together rather than sitting for 3 hours for drinks in one place and then going home. 10 minutes from home by car (i.e. Uber) makes it more easily feel natural, but walking is even better from a more local area if you can manage it.

Quote: (05-16-2015 02:40 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

A good way to entice girls to come to your place is through food. Texas girls aren't shy to say 'yes' to a piece of meat. And remember, that ribeye is an extension of your penis. She'll start with the steak, and chew all the way down to your balls.

I'm having a lot of success with culinary game and 1st dates. These aren't basic online bitches. I'm giving the Isle of Misfit Toys a break. I meet them in the bar, through daygaming, or social circles. Establish fast repoire, and a few days later:

Girl: Whatcha doing?

Me:

Her: OMG, what time?

Me: 8. Don't be late of the dog gets your steak.

@Cleanslate- Meet the girls at the cafe, talk for a minute, and tell her to follow you up to your apt, as you got a roast in the crockpot and need to check on it. Promise me, Texas girls never turn down a piece of meat. Game. Set. Match.

I'm starting to see the Ali I remember from a couple years ago.

I think the original Ali is back.

Great post.

I'm the King of Beijing!

This thread is a timely reminder for me as it is something I really need to do as well as my conversion rate has tumbled recently.
I got slack with my logistics after moving recently and have been on a bunch of first (even second) dates at places that didn't have good logistics for the bang i.e. were not within walking distance or 10 minutes drive of my place. This has resulted in no bangs from the last 4 girls I have got out and been a hit to my confidence.
In the end these dates were all just a waste of my time and money (thankfully each one only cost me one or two drinks).

So this weekend I sat down and took a hard look at my new logistics.
Unfortunately there is no bar within walking distance of my new place, just a generic suburban pub and a couple of cafe's but they're not open late enough. However I found a bar about 5 minutes drive away and this group of shops also has a frozen yogurt place and a gelato place.
I would like to do Zero Date Bang but I don't have my own place so this is not possible.

So my new plan of attack (based on First Date Bang) is:
1. Meet the girl at the bar or frozen yogurt place 5 minutes drive away
2. See if she is a SIF and vet for red flags
3. Build some comfort and drop bait for plausible deniability for going back to my place
4. Bounce to my place

I will be trialing it for the first time this Wednesday with a girl I met from Wechat.

Apart from night game I have not had to use a car to get a girl back to my place before and I feel like there will be a physiological barrier there but maybe that's just in my head?
Either way I've got to make the best of my current logistics situation.

The Philippines is a big difference from most places in the world, although there really is no reason to waste money on dates with women if you're not going to enjoy their company.

I second the 'let me cook for you' approach. It generally works, and will get them in your house.

Some cultures will interpret this approach very sexually, like Chinese. No Chinese girl will come to your house on a first date if she isn't willing to have sex with you. She knows exactly what you're trying to do by 'cooking' Of course, American girls are stupid, so they might think you are actually trying to cook something decent for her.

American girls really only won't come over if they're not sure if you're a weirdo or not. You can make her more comfortable by talking on the phone before the first date, sending her plenty of pictures that show you're not unattractive, letting her see your Instagram, etc.

It's certainly worth a try.

Great plan. Most of my dates have never been walking distance and I've never had an issue with them following me back to my place while driving.

CleanSlate, it seems like you gave a great setup. Because you get a lot of dates and have a cafe right next to your place you can experiment: try meeting outside and inviting to your place. If that doesn't work, cheap drink or coffee at the cafe, then another round at yours.

There is a cheap bar across the street from my place, so that's where I try to bring my dates. It also has a couple of sofas which is nice.

How do you get so many dates though? Online game? Daygame? If you do online game, your pics and profile are probably on point.

Brodiaga,

Mostly online. I followed BlurredStevens advice to get professional shots done, and a couple of forum members helped critique my profile, too.

At the moment, I'm not super committed to online gaming, as I'm working on some projects hoping to make enough bank so I can become location independent and get the hell out of here. In the meantime, this setup should work nicely for me.