rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Dad bod is trending

The Dad bod is trending

It used to be the fat acceptance movement was primarily about women. However it seems as if they are now pushing men to be comfortable with there fluffy flab as well.

I have a dad bod, and here why women love it (Washington Post article)

[Image: dad.jpg]
That comment though...
[Image: KG5tZ9e.png]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

The Dad bod is trending

Bro Science is supposed to be a joke, but this is an instance of comedy being funny because it is true. Fuck that "dad bod" bullshit, hit the gym and beast out. Men do not rationalize mediocrity, we do not have a vagina to fall back on. Also if you are running game like you should, you are getting laid. If you are getting laid, you are getting haters. If you have haters they may manifest their hate as anger. If they are angry they will want to fight you, but they will have "Dad Bods" so they will be weak and flabby you will have a "Soldier Bod" and he will be scared so all he can do is dwell on his anger and it will eat him up inside while you are touching cervix with the focus of his oneitis. It is ok though, she can call you "daddy" while you bang her out asking her "whose pussy it is" so everything is in balance and the world is in equilibrium. Good work Soldier!

Delicious Tacos is the voice of my generation....

The Dad bod is trending

Maybe girls "like" the dad bod for the same reason they hate pickup artists - they want to clearly segregate the fuckable men from the unfuckable ones. Perhaps it was Roissy to first comment on this - but girls want this fantasy man who has been alpha from birth - anything less is a fraud and a charlatan.

Men "fake" being high status and "trick" girls into fucking them by putting on muscle and cutting fat. Celebrating the dad bod keeps men in their place, and ensures women won't fall for a "fake" alpha - the only men with attractive physiques will be those who have it naturally or from playing sports.

The dad bod is also security against being cheated on, so when she's hitting the wall, she doesn't feel so threatened.

The Dad bod is trending

I've seen alot of this trending the last few days, it's fucking infuriating.

It's one thing to see women pat eachother on the back for being obese, but men.

This shit will never stick. The dad bod ISN'T healthy, you don't have to be shredded (but doesn't hurt to be), but packing on extra weight ?

The Dad bod is trending

The article is just dripping will blue-pill tripe. I feel sorry for the guy. He doesn't realize his apparent uptick in smv has occurred naturally as he aged, and would be more significant still if he had maintained something of the look of his youth.

And it may not be an uptick in his smv at all, but rather something more nefarious. Listen to this: "A dad bod owns a suit, makes car payments on a fuel-efficient vehicle and applies tasteful amounts of cologne before heading out the door." In other words, a dad bod is the hallmark of a compliant provider.

Also, he's mistaking being a "plan b" for a former carousel rider as obtaining "heart-felt connection that humans — yes, even young male ones — really want from a love interest".

Can't be too hard on him. I fell for the same thing myself before I figured out I had been lied to at every turn and was being used.

Also, game recognized for this guy:

Quote: (05-11-2015 01:34 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

The Dad bod is trending

And, of course, our lipstick feminist friends are pissed (because what aspect of the machinations of the sexual marketplace doesn't get their panties in a twist?):

Quote:Quote:

The media are swarming with dad bods right now.

Everywhere you turn, around every corner of the Internet lies some article, photo essay or testament to the chubby, beer-guzzling, don’t-give-a-f*ck-about-the-way-we-look dad bod. The Internet is saturated… saturated with saturated fat, that is.

It all started with an article by Mackenzie Pearson for The Odyssey. She catalogued a whole slew of reasons girls love dad bodies.

Among these mildly alarming reasons for dating down, in all honesty, are that we like to be the pretty ones, we want to know what we’re getting and they make better cuddlers.

All I can really think to say is: WTF?!

Are we women seriously this insecure? Are we trying to glorify the dad bod because we’re afraid a hot guy will leave us for someone better, body shame us or think we’re not good enough?

As far as I can tell, dad bod is synonymous with a having a lack of self-worth, for being insecure.

And what about you, guys? Why are you so into your chunky bods? Is it because you don’t care or you don’t think you have to care?

Men, you simply cannot get away with this. It’s insanity. The fact that we’re glorifying men being pudgy and simultaneously berating women with too-thin madness is disturbing.

We’re kidding ourselves if we think we’ve been doing away with old-timey standards. We’re legitimately lying to ourselves if we think revering the dad bod is nullifying the societal need to be “in shape.”

We’re not effectively striking out against conventional beauty standards, saying f*ck you to the magazines and the media by accepting dad bod. If we were, how could there be such a huge, gaping divide between what makes men and women sexy?

There is no standard of sexiness for women equal to this whole dad bod fad. Women are still expected to be thin and bikini ready, aspiring to look like Kate Upton while men are happy looking like Leo DiCaprio or pre-A-list-fame Chris Pratt.

If we ladies need to kill ourselves to maintain our “hot” bodies so we can be considered desirable, how can we not expect the same from the men we date?

Ladies! Are we still really that desperate to find a mate? Seriously?!

How dare men and women have different objective functions for what they find attractive in a mate! Everyone has to abide by my lipstick femnist platonic ideals!

I, for one, welcome the #dadbody trend. It twists lipstick feminist panties, and leaves less competition for those with a #cadbody.

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

The Dad bod is trending

On the one hand, it means more dudes getting diseases and dying younger. On the other hand, maybe it'll make my gym less crowded.

[Image: nhmsbn.jpg]

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

The Dad bod is trending

[Image: fuckthat.gif]

Take care of those titties for me.

The Dad bod is trending

jason duffer, the pro golfer in this photo, is divorced now, he had a pre nup with the wife and she only got 2.5M, I'd say he got off lucky, he kept both houses and they had no children. better off banging groupies and not getting married.

The Dad bod is trending

Quote: (05-11-2015 02:18 PM)DannyAlberta Wrote:  

The article is just dripping will blue-pill tripe. I feel sorry for the guy. He doesn't realize his apparent uptick in smv has occurred naturally as he aged, and would be more significant still if he had maintained something of the look of his youth.

And it may not be an uptick in his smv at all, but rather something more nefarious. Listen to this: "A dad bod owns a suit, makes car payments on a fuel-efficient vehicle and applies tasteful amounts of cologne before heading out the door." In other words, a dad bod is the hallmark of a compliant provider.

Also, he's mistaking being a "plan b" for a former carousel rider as obtaining "heart-felt connection that humans — yes, even young male ones — really want from a love interest".

Can't be too hard on him. I fell for the same thing myself before I figured out I had been lied to at every turn and was being used.

Also, game recognized for this guy:

I am pretty sure the girl in that photo has had sex with more than 30 men. She has eaten out more than 5 girls during 3 way sex with another guy, she has been anally penetrated, spit roasted, done multiple guys at once, had several one night stands, and woken up drunk next to a guy (or 3) with no recollection of what happened, been pregnant and had no idea who the father was and aborted it, and had at least two nervous breakdowns. She has been a user of America's mental health system and when it all went to shit she has convinced herself that the man who was there to pick up all the pieces with his "dad bod" is far better than the dieseled out, tatted up dude with the eight inch dick that gave her vagina tingles (who she still dreams about when she uses her vibrator) over spring break in 2009. Don't worry "Dad Bod" when she divorces your sorry ass and takes half your shit, remember she really appreciated all your support.

Delicious Tacos is the voice of my generation....

The Dad bod is trending

Less competition is all I'm saying. Also plenty of unsatisfied milfs roaming about.

The Dad bod is trending

^ Thanks eradicator for demonstrating that pre-selection game is alive an well in North America (not that I doubted it).

The Dad bod is trending

I'm ok with it.

It'll make those of us who go to the gym look even better by comparison.

The Dad bod is trending

Quote: (05-11-2015 02:31 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  

I am pretty sure the girl in that photo has had sex with more than 30 men. She has eaten out more than 5 girls during 3 way sex with another guy, she has been anally penetrated, spit roasted, done multiple guys at once, had several one night stands, and woken up drunk next to a guy (or 3) with no recollection of what happened, been pregnant and had no idea who the father was and aborted it, and had at least two nervous breakdowns. She has been a user of America's mental health system and when it all went to shit she has convinced herself that the man who was there to pick up all the pieces with his "dad bod" is far better than the dieseled out, tatted up dude with the eight inch dick that gave her vagina tingles (who she still dreams about when she uses her vibrator) over spring break in 2009. Don't worry "Dad Bod" when she divorces your sorry ass and takes half your shit, remember she really appreciated all your support.

Such is the case with about 80% of all North American women having a HB 6.5 score or above. So what else is new? Still WB though.

The Dad bod is trending

I don't think "dadbod" is obese and unhealthy guys.

I was under the impression it was a guy who trains regularly but walks about with 15-17% bf; someone who looks after themselves but isn't fanatical about their diet.

With clothes on, dadbod looks muscular and not dissimilar to slimmer guys.

At least that's what everyone was saying last week when it appeared from nowhere...!

The Dad bod is trending

This is classic behavior towards an inferiority complex.

1. Re-frame the negative into a positive.
2. Criticize the opposite as a negative.

You can feel good about "Dad Bod" all you want, but your feeling "better" about it isn't going to change your deteriorating health nor is it going to change the fact that you'll continue to go to bed and wake up the next morning either alone or with another miserable human being while men like myself go to bed and wake up in the morning next to women whose bodies can't be drawn.

The Dad bod is trending

[Image: KG5tZ9e.png]

LOL is that not the same fucking guy??!?

The Dad bod is trending

Quote: (05-11-2015 02:22 PM)Kabal Wrote:  

And, of course, our lipstick feminist friends are pissed (because what aspect of the machinations of the sexual marketplace doesn't get their panties in a twist?):

Quote:Quote:

Are we women seriously this insecure? Are we trying to glorify the dad bod because we’re afraid a hot guy will leave us for someone better, body shame us or think we’re not good enough?

A good looking guy with his balls WILL leave you for someone better if you go to shit, including your body, which is a reflection of your being.

As far as I can tell, dad bod is synonymous with a having a lack of self-worth, for being insecure.

Funny I was thinking the same thing about fat women.

And what about you, guys? Why are you so into your chunky bods? Is it because you don’t care or you don’t think you have to care?

Last I checked most men aren't and aren't into chunky women either.

HOW DARE YOU JUDGE US AND OUR CHUNKY BODIES !

Men, you simply cannot get away with this. It’s insanity. The fact that we’re glorifying men being pudgy and simultaneously berating women with too-thin madness is disturbing.

Strange did the body positivity fat loud and proud movement disappear, I remember a song "All about that base" top the billboards as well.

We’re kidding ourselves if we think we’ve been doing away with old-timey standards. We’re legitimately lying to ourselves if we think revering the dad bod is nullifying the societal need to be “in shape.”

Which is why we should encourage exercising and healthy eating stupid.

There is no standard of sexiness for women equal to this whole dad bod fad. Women are still expected to be thin and bikini ready, aspiring to look like Kate Upton while men are happy looking like Leo DiCaprio or pre-A-list-fame Chris Pratt.

Ah so you admit women and men are DIFFERENT.

If we ladies need to kill ourselves to maintain our “hot” bodies so we can be considered desirable, how can we not expect the same from the men we date?

Because equality duh.

Ladies! Are we still really that desperate to find a mate? Seriously?!

Yes, yes you are, because the clocks ticking, biology always will own everything else.

Also more and more men are getting wise to the actions and beliefs of women and aren't putting up with their shit.

So you get left with pushovers and simps, which of course you get bored of.

The Dad bod is trending

This reminds me of a conversation I had with my ex-wife early on in our marriage. I told her that I'm going to the gym to get rid of my love handles and do squats to beef up my legs for bike racing.

She said, "I don't want you to work too hard, I like your flabby stomach. If you got a six pack, I wouldn't feel pretty next to you."

As soon as I walked out on her, I dropped about 40 pounds and feel like 21 again.

The Dad bod is trending

Quote: (05-11-2015 02:49 PM)hedonist Wrote:  

IIRC, that guy is a personal trainer who was doing some kind of experiment at the time.

The Dad bod is trending

Quote: (05-11-2015 02:52 PM)jariel Wrote:  

Quote: (05-11-2015 02:49 PM)hedonist Wrote:  

IIRC, that guy is a personal trainer who was doing some kind of experiment at the time.

It's the same guy, and he gained 70 pounds and lost it, that picture above is some bullshit propaganda.

Fitness trainer gains and loses 70 pounds in 1 year -- on purpose

The Dad bod is trending

Quote: (05-11-2015 02:51 PM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

This reminds me of a conversation I had with my ex-wife early on in our marriage. I told her that I'm going to the gym to get rid of my love handles and do squats to beef up my legs for bike racing.

She said, "I don't want you to work too hard, I like your flabby stomach. If you got a six pack, I wouldn't feel pretty next to you."

As soon as I walked out on her, I dropped about 40 pounds and feel like 21 again.

[Image: 61677598.jpg]

"The point is, marriage is stupid. Every year there are a million hot, new 22-year olds going into bars, and call me glass-half-full, but I think they're getting dumber." -Barney Stinson

The Dad bod is trending

Isn't this a good thing?

If the fat acceptance movement is creating more fat chicks and making the exceptions (thin, attractive girls) more desirable, won't the same thing be true for men?

Provided you are also one of the exceptions, of course.

The Dad bod is trending

Women generally want men to be "low game" but low game within reason. That way the man isn't a threat. They want to know other women aren't immediately into him. As everyone here knows, society in general hates when men try to improve themselves. Conversely, they're ok with a guy having a lot of money because that doesn't make him immediately desirable on a carnal level. I've always said it, when you're male, from a very young age, you're constantly put into a clown suit of sorts. You see it on facebook with people posting pictures of their sons eating food messy, mentioning when the kid just went to the bathroom - but you do not see this behavior en masse with girls.

A truly in-shape desirable man is something that society finds hard to accept. It's also very uncommon. Most dudes are average herbs.

In the eyes of most women, only a small percent of men should be truly impressive, maybe Ryan Gosling & that's it.

In LA, Miami, & Vegas it's way more acceptable for a guy to be across-the-board impressive, but those cities also do not reflect the real American culture.

The Dad bod is trending

Quote: (05-11-2015 03:09 PM)Nascimento Wrote:  

Isn't this a good thing?

If the fat acceptance movement is creating more fat chicks and making the exceptions (thin, attractive girls) more desirable, won't the same thing be true for men?

Provided you are also one of the exceptions, of course.

I don't see how obesity and fat acceptance is good for society as a whole.

Think about the healthcare system, tax dollars at work, laws being passed, etc.

More weight more problems.

Why shouldn't we push guys and gals to be healthy and be the best they can be ?

That sounds like a positive outcome in my book?