rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

RoK vs RvF posters

RoK vs RvF posters

I always enjoy reading RoK articles. I normally go there next after exhausting all of the threads on here.

However, after reading some of the Disqus posts it really strikes a cord with me. At least in here, i'm surrounded by like minded individuals who encourage a, "strike out in the world, claim your space, get better, and enjoy the collapse." The discourse here is constantly evolving and changing.

Reading the Disqus comments on RoK articles however, it's much darker. It seems that a lot of those guys are stuck at the "anger phase" of the red pill and don't want to leave it.

RoK vs RvF posters

^^. Anger, yes. And that makes some of the comments funny as Hell!

“….and we will win, and you will win, and we will keep on winning, and eventually you will say… we can’t take all of this winning, …please Mr. Trump …and I will say, NO, we will win, and we will keep on winning”.

- President Donald J. Trump

RoK vs RvF posters

That's why I don't ever read comment sections. I don't really care about majority opinion anyway, and when you realize most people are generally above a moronic level you then see its not worth the trouble of sifting through all that garbage to find a few gems. Combine all that with trolls trying to bait people into a flame out, it gets old.

But yes, it does seem that RoK commentors are pretty bitter and stuck.

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic

RoK vs RvF posters

At RVF you need to build a reputation and personality in the community, so people tend to be more civil and mindful of what they write. Better that way.

Anyone browsing ROK can post in the comments with Disqus, so it's a more impulsive crowd or people just passing by. If you have no investment in the content socially, less reason for civility or open-mindedness.

Check out the comments section at Breitbart if you think manosphere websites are bad...

RoK vs RvF posters

Think how stupid the average person is, then remember that half the people in the world are even stupider. That accounts for the generally low quality of Disqus, Youtube etc. comments.

RoK vs RvF posters

Quote: (05-11-2015 07:55 AM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

I always enjoy reading RoK articles. I normally go there next after exhausting all of the threads on here.

However, after reading some of the Disqus posts it really strikes a cord with me. At least in here, i'm surrounded by like minded individuals who encourage a, "strike out in the world, claim your space, get better, and enjoy the collapse." The discourse here is constantly evolving and changing.

Reading the Disqus comments on RoK articles however, it's much darker. It seems that a lot of those guys are stuck at the "anger phase" of the red pill and don't want to leave it.

Hey! Shut the fuck up and listen to me!

Last month I made $8317 working 3 hours a day from my home! I know you don't believe me, but my friend plugged me into a network at Google and all I have to do is sit on my ass! I'm in every comment section of every Disqus-enabled website in history, so enough people have seen me doing this, why isn't everyone being rich browsing Google 3 hours a day!?

~~~@@@qqq@@@qqq@@@qqq~~~

Also (As I was talking about with a forum member today) - there are a lot of keyboard jockeys on RoK - 'Oh, you did three tours in Desert Storm, squat 450 and have banged over 500 chicks but you have 25,000 posts on Disqus?'

[Image: gene-wilder-as-willy-wonka-1335876825_b.jpg]

RoK vs RvF posters

the ROk commenters are why I leave my article comments on the forum reposts of the ROK articles.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

RoK vs RvF posters

In all honesty I have barely read RoK since it was overhauled and layout changed. It's just less enjoyable and more clunky to navigate, and the volume as gone up while the quality has gone down. This all correlates with the site growing in popularity over the past year or two. This is also why the commenter base has declined in quality as well.

RvF is a tighter community of people who have to become vetted and invest in browsing the message board and contributing in conversations. Also, there are stricter guidelines.

RoK vs RvF posters

Do you guys think there is way we could help the masses attain the level of RvF gnosis we all have?

My gut-o-meter says fat chance. :/

RoK vs RvF posters

Quote: (05-11-2015 09:48 AM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

Do you guys think there is way we could help the masses attain the level of RvF gnosis we all have?

My gut-o-meter says fat chance. :/

I think it is highly tied to IQ, so no, not really...

Deus vult!

RoK vs RvF posters

I transitioned over from the RoK comments because the comments are filled with people who would prefer to bitch about everything than seize life and beat it like it owes them money. I still have some millenial snark left in me but life is so much better when I'm reading about and implementing ways to improve my life.

Complain about the feminist juggernaut all you want, but at some point you have to recognize that your own brain is the biggest impediment to your happiness if you want to make life your bitch.

"Who cares what I think?" - Jeb Bush

RoK vs RvF posters

I don't read ROK comments. Those guys have no skin in the game, so it is rife with trolls, sadly.

On RVF, guys have reputations and trolls are quickly culled from the herd. I know that when a man is posting something he's usually trying to help the situation instead of inflame it.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

RoK vs RvF posters

The best comment threads aside from here you can find only at Chateau Heartiste

RoK vs RvF posters

Quote: (05-11-2015 08:14 AM)Rutting Elephant Wrote:  

Think how stupid the average person is, then remember that half the people in the world are even stupider. That accounts for the generally low quality of Disqus, Youtube etc. comments.

There's a theory that YouTube comments actually shattered a previously-unbroken "floor" of shitty comments on forums and websites.

Before YouTube, video on the internet was relatively rare. In the dial-up era, most places where you could comment were text-based (messageboards, BBS, etc). On text-oriented sites, no matter how stupid you are, you still have to be literate in order to participate.

Enter YouTube. A new way for the masses to consume the internet, now presented in passive, video format. Now all these video-oriented users with limited intellect had a place to hang out. They could watch stupid videos all day. They're not completely illiterate, of course - so when presented with a textbox beneath the video they're watching, they'll gladly mash some "lol derp f%cking c&nts!cle" comment into it.

So Youtube brought a new class of illiterate user onto the internet and offered them the chance to join in the dialogue.

These idiots then feel like a member of the online community and find their way to other websites and forums.

And to be fair, RoK puts out great content and in addition to some inflammatory shit which invites the lowest common denominator to mash their keyboards.

RoK vs RvF posters

^Fascinating theory.

Is there anywhere that you can link to where it's discussed in more detail?

I'm the King of Beijing!

RoK vs RvF posters

At Chinese restaurants here you have two menus running side by side:

The one for Westerners exclusively, full of brightly coloured garbage never seen East of Europe.

Then the menu that is produced if asked, where the descriptions are in Chinese first and English second; a menu of entirely different dishes.

Rok is Roosh's business and as such, like the Chinese restauranteur, it benefits him most to appeal to the lowest common denominator (and hey, if a few discerning customers choose the Chinese menu, well that's great).

RVF is the back room of the Chinese restaurant, where the real players sit and eat off the authentic menu (and sing karaoke); where the big ideas get formulated and where the entrance criteria is formidable. Your average eater couldn't stomach what gets served here and although it makes little money directly, it is the engine room of the whole operation, and more importantly, a sanctuary from interactions with the everyday person.

RoK vs RvF posters

The ROK comments used to be quite good at the beginning (pre-2014), but as the site's profile increased in 2014, I noticed that they started to decline in quality, at least on some of the more low brow articles. I spend more time here now.

RVF is more like Napoleon Hill's Master Mind group. ROK is the thing that wakes up the masses. Both are necessary, but have different functions.

Read my Latest at Return of Kings: 11 Lessons in Leadership from Julius Caesar
My Blog | Twitter

RoK vs RvF posters

Quote: (05-11-2015 11:00 AM)Suits Wrote:  

^Fascinating theory.

Is there anywhere that you can link to where it's discussed in more detail?

Here is what I found. Still, it's not what I remembered reading before:

http://www.quora.com/Why-are-YouTube-comments-so-bad

RoK vs RvF posters

Quote: (05-11-2015 10:16 AM)Lucky Wrote:  

Quote: (05-11-2015 08:14 AM)Rutting Elephant Wrote:  

There's a theory that YouTube comments actually shattered a previously-unbroken "floor" of shitty comments on forums and websites.

Before YouTube, video on the internet was relatively rare. In the dial-up era, most places where you could comment were text-based (messageboards, BBS, etc). On text-oriented sites, no matter how stupid you are, you still have to be literate in order to participate.

Enter YouTube. A new way for the masses to consume the internet, now presented in passive, video format. Now all these video-oriented users with limited intellect had a place to hang out. They could watch stupid videos all day. They're not completely illiterate, of course - so when presented with a textbox beneath the video they're watching, they'll gladly mash some "lol derp f%cking c&nts!cle" comment into it.

So Youtube brought a new class of illiterate user onto the internet and offered them the chance to join in the dialogue.

These idiots then feel like a member of the online community and find their way to other websites and forums.

And to be fair, RoK puts out great content and in addition to some inflammatory shit which invites the lowest common denominator to mash their keyboards.

You shouldn't talk about women like that.

[Image: smile.gif]

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

RoK vs RvF posters

With a select few shoutouts (Ghost of Jefferson in particular) I've been extremely unimpressed with the Disqus commenters. Most of them strike me as angry, bitter, nerds who lack any real life experiences. The reliably revert back to PUA/MGTOW dogma that doesn't hold true in the real world.....bitch about "women" ruining everything(when it's more likely their own shitty attitude)....and are constantly engaging in millenial snark.

They're the male equivalent of teenage girls and they're too dumb to see it.

RoK vs RvF posters

Dude, tell me about it.

A Few weeks ago I write an article that got published on ROK about how we should stop fearing technology and instead embrace how it could potentially help us.

Here's a link: http://www.returnofkings.com/62217/rethi...d-and-paid

200+ comments - most were of the "technology is evil, the sky is falling, we are all doomed, if you use social media you are not a real man" variety. I was a little stunned to be honest, considering that I look at the manosphere as a place welcoming of different ideas as well as discussions on self improvement, society, and how to make modern life work for you - which is exactly how the forum is.

Maybe it's true - ROK for some is like a male Jezebel - a place to vent, and boy is it ever good for that. Or, maybe i just wrote a shitty article and got the appropriate response [Image: smile.gif]

RoK vs RvF posters

ROK comments is a good example of what happens without strict moderation.

If you sort based on "Best", you'll get some solid comments, however.

RoK vs RvF posters

When I first found the Manosphere it was 2012, I was reading Slate and on the side it had a link to "the 10 ugliest feminists", I had never seen such a thing so I clicked it and BOOM Return of Kings. I never knew there were guys who treated pussy like me and my friends. I emailed some of my friends and told them to check it out. I just worked my way through the links and the different sites. Rossiy was actually my favorite before he became...well you know how he is now. When I was fucking my way through college and Law school I thought I was a alone in my way of thought, I read The Game in passing but Neil struck me as kind of soft (I had a different upbringing). I was reading RoK everyday and it was bizarre that all these somewhat like minded people existed and I had no clue about them. I loved the comments it was fun to talk to people about this life, but around summer 2014 things changed, a lot of race baiters and bitter people popped up out of nowhere. Around that time on Twitter I kept hearing about the forum so I joined, now I do not really go to Rok anymore. I know it is much more heavily moderated here but it keeps things civil.

Delicious Tacos is the voice of my generation....

RoK vs RvF posters

Quote: (05-11-2015 11:50 AM)Easy_C Wrote:  

With a select few shoutouts (Ghost of Jefferson in particular) I've been extremely unimpressed with the Disqus commenters. Most of them strike me as angry, bitter, nerds who lack any real life experiences. The reliably revert back to PUA/MGTOW dogma that doesn't hold true in the real world.....bitch about "women" ruining everything(when it's more likely their own shitty attitude)....and are constantly engaging in millenial snark.

They're the male equivalent of teenage girls and they're too dumb to see it.

Yes. I actually look for his posts after I read the articles.

Quote:Quote:

Atlanta Man
When I first found the Manosphere it was 2012, I was reading Slate and on the side it had a link to "the 10 ugliest feminists", I had never seen such a thing so I clicked it and BOOM Return of Kings. I never knew there were guys who treated pussy like me and my friends. I emailed some of my friends and told them to check it out. I just worked my way through the links and the different sites. Rossiy was actually my favorite before he became...well you know how he is now. When I was fucking my way through college and Law school I thought I was a alone in my way of thought, I read The Game in passing but Neil struck me as kind of soft (I had a different upbringing). I was reading RoK everyday and it was bizarre that all these somewhat like minded people existed and I had no clue about them. I loved the comments it was fun to talk to people about this life, but around summer 2014 things changed, a lot of race baiters and bitter people popped up out of nowhere. Around that time on Twitter I kept hearing about the forum so I joined, now I do not really go to Rok anymore. I know it is much more heavily moderated here but it keeps things civil.

^^This right here! You are so right Atlanta Man.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

RoK vs RvF posters

Quote: (05-11-2015 11:10 AM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

At Chinese restaurants here you have two menus running side by side:

The one for Westerners exclusively, full of brightly coloured garbage never seen East of Europe.

Then the menu that is produced if asked, where the descriptions are in Chinese first and English second; a menu of entirely different dishes.

Rok is Roosh's business and as such, like the Chinese restauranteur, it benefits him most to appeal to the lowest common denominator (and hey, if a few discerning customers choose the Chinese menu, well that's great).

RVF is the back room of the Chinese restaurant, where the real players sit and eat off the authentic menu (and sing karaoke); where the big ideas get formulated and where the entrance criteria is formidable. Your average eater couldn't stomach what gets served here and although it makes little money directly, it is the engine room of the whole operation, and more importantly, a sanctuary from interactions with the everyday person.

RoK started off strong when it was guys like Roosh himself, Tuth, Excelsior, Quintus, Samseau and the like contributing most of the content. It's very hit and miss these days and frankly I wish there was more editorial oversight over what gets accepted. Most of the best content is reserved for Roosh's main page and the quality has been consistent over the years. I agree with the theory that RoK is mostly for the masses and to get large amounts of views and also just trolling for lulz - hence why a lot of the articles there are maximized for clickbait appeal.. Those who have more high quality ideas to share and contribute then hopefully get funneled over to the forums.