rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Girls getting dragged away by their friends

I'm having a problem where, about a minute after the initial approach in a bar or club, a girl's friends come out of nowhere and drag her off to the bar/dancefloor/wherever. I'm in a college town and this is happening A LOT with sorority girls.

How do you guys prevent this from happening?

What are you dressed like? What are you talking about? Girls give their girlfriends subconscious signals they want to eject and get pulled away if theyre not into you

Quote: (05-10-2015 06:17 PM)edtf Wrote:  

What are you dressed like? What are you talking about? Girls give their girlfriends subconscious signals they want to eject and get pulled away if theyre not into you
I dress well, sort of dark/hipster. I'm tall, middle eastern, with tattoos and get called 'cute' 'hot' or 'good-looking' enough to assume I'm not ugly.

I screen heavily for eye contact before approaches. So if I approach a girl, she's usually glanced at me once or even several times. I'm pretty good at knowing if a girl is intrigued by me (laughing, open body language, touching, she asks me questions, etc), so I don't think they're doing the "Help me" thing you're referring to. Nevertheless, Kimberly comes out of nowhere and drags off her friend, and usually the girl looks as surprised as I am.

Quote: (05-11-2015 09:49 PM)XII Wrote:  

I'm pretty good at knowing if a girl is intrigued by me (laughing, open body language, touching, she asks me questions, etc), so I don't think they're doing the "Help me" thing you're referring to. Nevertheless, Kimberly comes out of nowhere and drags off her friend, and usually the girl looks as surprised as I am.

You're almost certainly right. Girls nowadays feel entitled to cockblock their friends incessantly when they see a guy talking to them - especially if the friend is way more attractive than they are. It's a virtual epidemic in the Anglosphere by now.

What's even worse, if you attempt to interject, nine times out of ten you'll get the usual shrill response of "she's my friend and she's not interested, now fuck off" even if it's obvious that the friend is open to continuing the interaction.

The two things I can think of to reduce its incidence are:

- Isolate faster, so that they're less able to pull her away.

- Call out the cockblocker (if possible.) With the huge number of weak-willed guys who just passively accept getting cockblocked in the rudest of fashions nowadays, the shock of actually getting told off will likely shock her for a bit out of a sheer failure to comprehend the situation. Use that time to turn the target against her by suggesting something along the lines of 'does she always make your decisions for you' with an amused smirk. If you can demonstrate that the target wants to continue the interaction with you, you have a good shot at defeating them.

Classic anti-cockblocking theory said to befriend the potential cockblock in order to prevent its happening, but I think many are starting to see a point where girls will just cockblock out of habit or a sense of entitlement regardless of what you do. Sometimes calling them out is your only option.

And if they do the abrupt pull-away without even saying a word, honestly you have virtually zero chance of continuing. Very few girls will stand against the group opinion by re-engaging with you after such an action.

It's just one of those things you'll end up having to accept when it comes to wheeling girls in general.

HSLD

Quote: (05-11-2015 10:05 PM)HighSpeed_LowDrag Wrote:  

Yeah, I think this is the way to go. Maybe tell her, "By the way, do you have a lighter" and try to take her to go smoke outside. Might be awkward or sudden though because I literally have like a minute with these girls before her friends/sorority sisters roll through. Even though I don't smoke, I might start bringing cigs to bars just for this very purpose.

I have hooked up a girl who got dragged away from me before by running into her at an afterparty. I suppose I could just try to find them later on, but girls jump from bar to bar so it's unlikely that group will be there for that long.

The number of hoops it takes for things to "just happen" is ridiculous.

Quote: (05-11-2015 10:55 PM)XII Wrote:  

Quote: (05-11-2015 10:05 PM)HighSpeed_LowDrag Wrote:  

Yeah, I think this is the way to go. Maybe tell her, "By the way, do you have a lighter" and try to take her to go smoke outside. Might be awkward or sudden though because I literally have like a minute with these girls before her friends/sorority sisters roll through. Even though I don't smoke, I might start bringing cigs to bars just for this very purpose.

The number of hoops it takes for things to "just happen" is ridiculous.

My personal favourite isolation move (assuming you're in a venue where loud music is playing) is to just suggest moving somewhere else where it's less loud. You can do this almost instantly if you see that she's open.

And yeah, the amount of nonsense that gets thrown our way can be really frustrating. You have to accept that a lot of your results are going to depend on factors completely out of your control. All that should do is give you incentive to control as many factors as you can.

HSLD

Watch this video from Manwhore, he has some excellent advice.

Girls feel entitled as fuck to cock-block their friends nowadays so you have to figure out what works for you. The "befriend the friend" tactic works sometimes, but backfires other times. Sometimes you just got to startle the fuck out of the cockblocker and get her off her autopilot response, so she lays off(which works really well in quieter environments).

Pretty sound advice 7 years later.

http://www.rooshv.com/how-to-end-cockblo...we-know-it

Quote: (05-10-2015 03:55 PM)XII Wrote:  

I'm having a problem where, about a minute after the initial approach in a bar or club, a girl's friends come out of nowhere and drag her off to the bar/dancefloor/wherever. I'm in a college town and this is happening A LOT with sorority girls.

How do you guys prevent this from happening?

Do this

specifically when dealing with sorority girls the key to dealing with cock blocking is ask the cock blocker who her BIG or LITTLE is

As you may or may not know the greek system is build on a mentor system. So the new members are usually given a mentor... a BIG the person that they mentor is called the LITTLE

Especially when it comes to sorority girls this shit is really important

Usually the Big and little create little "families" where they add some stupid name to it and thus add new members to that family within the sorority.

Use this information to your advantage for example:

Your talking to a girl, her friend comes up to take her away

Address the cockblocker with one of the following:

Hey is this your Little/Big? - This will buy you some time as the cock blocker will most defiantly tell you

What's your family name - Most families within a sorority have some type of quarky name. If they have one THEY WILL TELL YOU. This also buys you time to talk with both chicks

If they don't have a family name you can tease them that they should have a name

This leads me to the third line....

Whats your gang sign- All sororities have some type of hand sign that they throw up to let others around them know that they are apart of a certain sorority

If they have one they WILL SHOW YOU.

Also attempt to make the sign yourself and if you fuck up they will help you.

Not only do these questions help you buy time with the cock blocker but it also shows that you know something about the Greek system.

In these girls eyes it will show that you may be a Greek member yourself or a guy that has fucked some Greek girls, Both assumptions can't hurt you.

Well obviously- drag her back

The above advice is very good (ask them about their Greek experiences)

From my experiences at school, where it was mostly white, with the female Greek system being literally all white, you might have an initial disadvantage due to your ethnicity/tattoos.

The more you can manage to look like you fit in (preppy clothes, what have you), the better off you'll be.

But yes, if a girl's friend comes over- engage the friend as soon as possible. Most girls look to their friends for a blessing before they go home with a guy, so Id definitely say try to get their approval.

Another thing that will fade in time is that if you can get in with some sorority girls, (make friends, pregame with them), it makes you seem much safer to any additional girl you meet. A common question is "who'd you come with", and if you can honestly answer, "A few G Phis", youll be in a much better position to earn the girl's (and her friends), trust

I try to avoid single-sets in night game unless I'm sure the girl's alone. If she isn't then there's a 90% chance of an interruption within the first minute. And an interrupt within the first minute of an approach is generally not a good thing.

Trying to isolate her without winning over her friends will miss more often than it will work, so I would say at least make sure her friends are ok with you, or better case scenario that they like you.

If nothing else, at least expect the interrupt and be ready for it.

Unless the friends are blatantly, openly hostile to/cockblocking you I would not try anti-cockblocker techniques, they will do more harm than good.

Here in Hamburg. This is insane. Last Saturday a girl wanted to dance with me her friend says no. End of story. It's very common here.