rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Facebook profile with minimum information needed

Hi

I never had a Facebook account but this year I see that almost everyone
is on Facebook all the time, and I have a very hard time understanding
this level of attention whoring and superficiality that became the norm
in our society today.

In order to keep in touch with friends and girls probably I will need to sign up to Facebook myself, something that I was avoiding for years.

Do you guys have some tips on what is the minimum necessary info
to put on Facebook, and still be able to use the account,
with positive results.

I am totally the opposite of the culture of "attention whoring" nowadays,
I consider that showing off private pictures to the world
completely unnecessary and a huge waste of time.

What would be some solutions to this? How to have a minimalistic
Facebook account with as little info as possible, and still be functional
on Facebook?

Thank you guys for all your ideas and thoughts

Depends on your age I guess. I'm 22, and girls my age and younger are taken back by the fact I don't have a snapchat or instagram. My facebook is minimal, but I don't add girls on it. I'm in the process of increasing my social networking value however.

I was talking to a mate today who has his facebook perfected. Links it to his instagram and posts every couple of days (at the gym, surfing, cooking etc). He has social networking working for him. You shouldn't see it as 'attention whoring' if you have the lifestyle to compliment your posting. In a best case scenario you can get girls adding and talking to you if your facebook makes you seem high-value.

I would actually say if you aren't going to use it in this way, and don't have it already, it's probably of no gain to you to make a facebook account in the first place.

A Primer on Fast Club Sex || Speed Closing || Brisbane Datasheet

PM me for add into my Seeking Arrangement 'Saltdaddy' Free FB Mastermind Group

An email address is all you need to use it.

You don't have to add photos or anything else if you don't want to.

I have a minimal facebook profile so I can use tinder. It has zero friends and an obvious pseudonym.

Quote: (04-29-2015 12:43 PM)Prof. Ligate Wrote:  

Depends on your age I guess. I'm 22, and girls my age and younger are taken back by the fact I don't have a snapchat or instagram. My facebook is minimal, but I don't add girls on it. I'm in the process of increasing my social networking value however.

I was talking to a mate today who has his facebook perfected. Links it to his instagram and posts every couple of days (at the gym, surfing, cooking etc). He has social networking working for him. You shouldn't see it as 'attention whoring' if you have the lifestyle to compliment your posting. In a best case scenario you can get girls adding and talking to you if your facebook makes you seem high-value.

I would actually say if you aren't going to use it in this way, and don't have it already, it's probably of no gain to you to make a facebook account in the first place.

This really. For a long while I deactivated my profile with the intention of permanently deleting at a 6 month review. I ended up reactivating my account when I went travelling so I could contact home. If you've lasted this long without it then I guess there is no need to have it.

If you must have it then all you'd need is a name, profile picture and to put in your date of birth (there's an option to hide your age). Might be worth putting in a current city but that is entirely optional. I haven't posted a status in over 15 months. I run a mental checklist before posting a status which goes like this

Is the thing happening around me awesome? No - don't post.
Is the thing happening around me awesome? Yes. I should be enjoying that more than posting about it.

I don't have Twitter, Instagram or Snapchat.

My last post was January 2014 where I was selling a car.

In your situation the content on facebook should be the last thing on your mind. Focus on making good impression in real life interactions. Game first add them last.

These days my facebook account consists of profile photo [full body photo taken from afar which doesn't identify me] and cover photo with edgy phrase. That's all. No other photos, empty timeline wall and all activity blocked [from posting on my wall to tagging me]. This way the whole fb communication with me is limited to messages. Oh and I got fake name of course just to make it more ridiculous.

When facebook topic comes up in conversation I just chuckle and say I don't care about it and that I have an account just for exchanging messages with people I know or for checking social events I get invited to. It doesn't hurt me at all. Speaking in game terms I set my frame from the start and that frame is congruent cause I really don't care. If someone digs deeper I just say I have no patience to get properly involved. After all I add only people I already like so that I can stay in touch with them and set up hang outs. Sometimes I comment on something my friend post. End result is that people invite me to events and contact me via messages. It's all good.

If you just tell them what's up like that it's not a problem at all. It's like saying that you only date girls who can cook well cause that's who you are point blank period. Unapologetic to the max. People then accept it and pigeonhole you as that "no facebook guy" or "cooking GF guy" and never bother you again about it.

Personally, I hardly use facebook. I say I don't use it if I'm asked.

Here is a different approach that is worth reading for those that do use social media:
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-44140-...#pid929942

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-44497....t=facebook

Why don't you want one? It can be beneficial, and honestly a minimal facebook can be more detrimental than beneficial

Does anyone keep a second Facebook?

I've been meaning to set one up, but it's going to look suspicious with no friends/family etc. on it

^I have a second fb for Tinder

Thank you for the ideas guys. I created the first Facebook account and I put name "Michael Doe"
and some stock pictures. My account was blocked or deleted after only 2 days.

I saw many others friends have names like "Ja Mes" or "Cip Cip Cip" or "Tu Hank Amon" etc
and they have no problem with it.

What exactly is the fine line or the secret to have a facebook account
with minimum information that also lasts, and it is not deleted after 2 days like it happenned to mine [Image: sad.gif]

Quote: (04-29-2015 12:43 PM)Prof. Ligate Wrote:  

There is nothing sadder seeing your Facebook social circle's posts difference from your early 20's to your early 30's. Once you hit your early 30's your friends are all posting baby pics and completely stupid mundane family shit. I don't use Facebook anymore but I definitely see the value if you are in your mid to early 20's. I'm sure it can be valuable at any age but it's extremely lame as you age unless you get a younger audience.

Quote: (05-01-2015 05:45 AM)CodyB Wrote:  

I've been meaning to set one up, but it's going to look suspicious with no friends/family etc. on it

I have a 2nd facebook for tinder. no friends. bare minimum. fake name. no problems.

I have facebook but with no profile picture, no status updates at all, my friends list is hidden, I have no information on there (town, etc.), and my wall is locked so nobody can post on there. I've also got my settings so that I can't be tagged in posts or pictures without me reviewing it first. I basically use it like an email for staying in contact with friends I would otherwise probably lose contact with (and the odd bit of stalking!). I don't add girls on there unless I know them well.

I have my original facebook page with friends and family from back home.

Then I have my travel facebook page. Which is getting to be quite a busy page now.

I use fake-ish names on both. My friends and family in the USA name is totally fake and the profile photo is not me.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

I've deleted all of my active social media accounts 2 years ago and the lizards don't care. And my age range is 16-19 . Some people seem to get really worked up over this and i don't get it. It really means nothing unless you're marketing yourself and your brand and doing so successfully or if you're a celebrity. It also takes a tremendous amount of attention whoring to get there and there are much more productive ways of spending your time. It's also an uphill battle for the average person since so many are trying and very few are succeeding. Maybe when the 'next big thing' in social media apps arrives i might give it a shot.

What i do have is a facebook account with no friends (except for family) or personal information , it's completely locked down. Only thing people can see is my profile picture of me looking suave in a suit on a yacht and where i was born. I never accept friend requests and just use it as a messaging tool.

I used to be quite active on Facebook, but lately I have gone fully minimalist in ways that are similar to some of the other commenters. I locked down the privacy, I don't use my first name, my profile picture is not my face, I don't post any statuses, my likes and comments on other people's profiles are minimal, and I only "like" things that truly interest me for information I will use outside of Facebook...usually locally. I took it one step further, and unfollowed all people on my friend list, so that my news feed will only be the things I "like." I check up on people anyway by messaging them, so anything beyond a few clicks on people's newest photos is a waste of time for me. I've been trying to integrate a "low information diet" into my daily pace, and I notice that my thoughts are a lot more positive. Facebook is a marketing tool with a few bonuses added in, but for the most part, it just feels like audiovisual, interactive email.

@HorusAurelius. @Driesinator @Kieran This is the direction I'm going in as well.
I also used to be a regular almost daily commenter/poster on Facebook, but over time it began to suck the joy out of me.
It came to a head recently when I posted some thoughts on gay marriage that don't align with the mainstream narrative (we have a gay marriage referendum in Ireland in a couple of weeks time).
People know that I'm generally a decent bloke, and so nobody came out all guns blazing against me, but a few gay marriage advocates tried (unsuccessfully) to bring down the shame hammer on me.
Once they could see I wasn't a pushover, they backed off, but somehow the experience was just what I needed to wake me up.
As I waded through the sea of inane "Yes Equality!" avatars, it struck me that my time could be much better spent than trying to reason online with people who don't get it and who will never get it.
Going to go minimalist now, a few select photos visible and use it as a messaging tool every so often with people worth keeping in touch with.
Aside from that, I'm out, and am already feeling the better for it.

Quote: (05-01-2015 05:45 AM)CodyB Wrote:  

I have a second "fake" one with a few fake friends. Apparently anyone will say yes to being a friend with someone unknown on facebook. I use that for logging into news article discussions so I can say how I truly feel[Image: angel.gif]

One friend of mine's facebook is just his name, birthday, and a picture. You can't view anything else (even the comments). He rarely logs on too.

you can use hushmail.com to make an email addy to make as many facebook accounts and email addys as you want.

Quote: (05-02-2015 06:09 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Then I have my travel facebook page. Which is getting to be quite a busy page now.

I use fake-ish names on both. My friends and family in the USA name is totally fake and the profile photo is not me.

Does anyone know the ways in which Facebook profile can be unblocked
completely from "foreign country based blockages" ?

I was in a tour recently through several European countries,
and my newly created Facebook account got wiped out
again because it always says the same thing
whenever I login from a new city "We do not recognize your location,
please verify your account".

Can somehow this silly "security" thing that locks me out
of my account when I travel, can it be somehow turned off?

Big thank you guys

Use some kind of proxy or VPN perhaps?

Quote: (05-10-2015 08:52 AM)Lizard King Wrote:  

Use some kind of proxy or VPN perhaps?

Does anyone know any of these which allow unrestricted Facebook access ?

Thank you

Quote: (05-10-2015 08:40 AM)magicone Wrote:  

Does anyone know the ways in which Facebook profile can be unblocked
completely from "foreign country based blockages" ?

I was in a tour recently through several European countries,
and my newly created Facebook account got wiped out
again because it always says the same thing
whenever I login from a new city "We do not recognize your location,
please verify your account".

Can somehow this silly "security" thing that locks me out
of my account when I travel, can it be somehow turned off?

Big thank you guys

Verify your account with a mobile phone SMS message. You might be able to get them to call a pay phone if you want true anonymity.

Well that's what I'm thinking of doing.

However, adding people to your facebook with no history / friends / etc is going to be negative proof.

Quote: (05-12-2015 03:54 AM)CodyB Wrote:  

Well that's what I'm thinking of doing.

However, adding people to your facebook with no history / friends / etc is going to be negative proof.

You don't have to add people.

Just make a Facebook in your name, select your best profile photo , fill in the info that you want and lock it down so that people only see what you want them to see.