rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

First vacation. Going solo. Need tips.

So next month or June I'll be going on my very first vacation. And I'll be going alone. There isn't a single friend I'd like to go anywhere with so solo it is. The thing is I don't know where to go.

I want to go mainly to relax and chill on a beach, but I also want to go to a place that's happening and has lots of potential for hooking up. I'm about 32 without too much game, honestly. I've been trying to work on it for the last year. I'm thinking vacay would be a could opportunity for practice.

So far I've gotten down to two destinations. Either Cuba or Cancun. I'm just not well versed on which one has what I'm looking for. Any tips would be much appreciated.

More info would be good...

- What's your lifestyle like, monetary wise? Are you going to go out and party every night?
- Likewise, what's your budget for airfare and accommodation?
- What kind of girls do you like? I'll assume Latina based off of your two choices.

I wouldn't do Cancun. It's a spring break place.

Read up on Cuba on this forum. Hooking up with no pros there sounds like it might be more difficult than you'd like.

The DR might be more what you are looking for.

Do you want to go somewhere to just relax, or is the gaming a big part of why you want to do this?

If it's the second, I can tell you right now from personal experience - don't bother with Cancun. It's damned expensive to do anything there because of all the tourists, it's a raging sausage-fest because every college undergrad male in the US and Canada is thinking the exact same thing as you are, and I guarantee that you'll look way out of place as an early-30's guy chasing drunk 18-21 year old alongside way younger guys. Plus, if you aren't the super-extroverted party type (which I'm guessing) and aren't at least decently jacked, you'll get blown out of the water every time.

Have you considered the Phillipines?

HSLD

HSLD

Quote: (04-20-2015 07:17 PM)TroubleMaker Wrote:  

More info would be good...

- What's your lifestyle like, monetary wise? Are you going to go out and party every night?
- Likewise, what's your budget for airfare and accommodation?
- What kind of girls do you like? I'll assume Latina based off of your two choices.

I wouldn't do Cancun. It's a spring break place.

It's just a one week vacation. So I'll just be carrying some extra spending money. I'll most likely just book an all inclusive package to keep it simple. In regards to the women I was actually thinking of trying to hook up with other people on vacation. I have a thing for white girls. But now that you mention it I do like latinas. I never gave thought to hooking up with locals.

Quote: (04-20-2015 07:26 PM)HighSpeed_LowDrag Wrote:  

Do you want to go somewhere to just relax, or is the gaming a big part of why you want to do this?

If it's the second, I can tell you right now from personal experience - don't bother with Cancun. It's damned expensive to do anything there because of all the tourists, it's a raging sausage-fest because every college undergrad male in the US and Canada is thinking the exact same thing as you are, and I guarantee that you'll look way out of place as an early-30's guy chasing drunk 18-21 year old alongside way younger guys. Plus, if you aren't the super-extroverted party type (which I'm guessing) and aren't at least decently jacked, you'll get blown out of the water every time.

Have you considered the Phillipines?

HSLD
I'm actually pretty introverted. The Philipines never crossed my mind. Since this is my first vacation I just wanted to do something typical and safe.

Quote: (04-20-2015 07:20 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Read up on Cuba on this forum. Hooking up with no pros there sounds like it might be more difficult than you'd like.

The DR might be more what you are looking for.

What's the DR?

If you want to go to Cancun, go to Playa Del Carmen instead (near the same airport). Also check out Cozumel Island and Tulum.

It's not a "poosy paradise" but still a great travel destination.

I second Rio Nomad on the DR (Dominican Republic).

As alternatives, one of the smaller Caribbean islands like St. Vincent or Grenada, or Guadalajara or Guanajuato, Mexico.

Quote: (04-20-2015 06:25 PM)Mr.Conflicted Wrote:  

So next month or June I'll be going on my very first vacation. And I'll be going alone. There isn't a single friend I'd like to go anywhere with so solo it is. The thing is I don't know where to go.

I want to go mainly to relax and chill on a beach, but I also want to go to a place that's happening and has lots of potential for hooking up. I'm about 32 without too much game, honestly. I've been trying to work on it for the last year. I'm thinking vacay would be a could opportunity for practice.

So far I've gotten down to two destinations. Either Cuba or Cancun. I'm just not well versed on which one has what I'm looking for. Any tips would be much appreciated.

I've done a number of trips like the type I think you're planning to do (a 1 week all-inclusive package to a beach resort somewhere warm). Although somewhat counter-intuitive, I haven't found that they are the optimal situation for hooking up as a solo traveler. At minimum, I think you would want at least one solid wingman and, failing that, to travel with some kind of group of people heading down together.

If you're traveling in June, be aware that a lot of the all-inclusive resorts in Mexico and Cuba will have large youth groups there in the form of 'grad trips'. These are often organized by some big company (a well known one when I was in high school was 'S Trip'). You'd think that it would be a major positive that there is all this 18 year old pussy walking around, but they really seem to stick to hooking up with other people from the group. They also hold events at the resort each night (theme nights like 'Toga Party' or 'Foam Party' kind of thing) but you have to be traveling with the group to get in to them.

The prevalence of grad trips at this time of the year is part of a larger jailbait problem you'll find at these resorts. Girls there with the grad trip or even with their family who are 14-18 years old. It can be a tricky situation because usually this entire age range is drinking and hanging out at the disco (even with an 'official' drinking age of 18, most resorts are serving all teenagers). I'm guessing at 32 that your target demographic is more the 19-24 age range.

I've been in Cancun before when it was also one of the weeks of Spring Break and so there were a lot of college students around. The hotspot for a lot of college-aged people was the Oasis Resort complex (2-3 Oasis Hotels beside each other down the road from the nightlife area). I don't know if it's still the party resort outside of this time, however. I've walked the grounds and it's pretty nice there, and you can use the facilities (like pools, restaurants and bars) of all the hotels within the complex if you stay at just one of them, which makes it a good place to stay. Nice beach also. I really got the vibe, however, that most people were traveling down there as groups and sticking within them. If you do want to hook up your best bet is probably to hang out in the pool area during the day and pickup girls there, hit the discos at night and see if you can separate a girl from her girlfriends to bring her back to your room and bang.

Cancun also has nightlife in a central area along Boulevard Kukulkan. Saw some places that were really busy on the weekend, often with popular DJs, for example CocoBongos and Dady'o. Seemed to be a bit of a sausage fest however and the niche there is more of the 'bro' look. Definitely very few if any guys going suited up. There is basically one main strip of hotels in Cancun and buses for really cheap run up and down there 24/7, so it's easy to get around. Stay away from the Mayan Riviera area, the beaches are nicer than Cancun but it's more families and older couples down there.

From a logistical standpoint if you're flying from Canada, check Sunwing to see if they have any good prices on packages. The tour operator has committed to a certain number of rooms and seats on a plane, so there are often huge last minute discounts when they're trying to fill the unsold seats. Sunwing is also much better than Air Canada, having flown both numerous times. As a single traveler taking one of these packages, you will get screwed over on the 'single supplement' meaning you have to pay usually about 175% of the price for two people since the prices of all packages tend to be based on double occupancy.

In Cuba, you'll find that nightlife is more restricted to the resort and less people from the resort venture out at night to the clubs. In many smaller Cuban cities, there basically aren't even any clubs or bars in the 'town' worth checking out. Because nightlife is usually a resort affair, make sure you stay at a large enough resort. There are a few with just 200 rooms, which will mean there may only be like 10-30 single girls between 18-30 at the whole place and the resort disco won't exactly be live. There are also no Americans at the beach resorts in Cuba (yet), so it will be mostly Canadians and also some Europeans (a lot of Italians and Germans where I was).

The unfortunate paradox with looking to hookup with traveling is that often the shittiest places have the best girls while the best places have the shittiest girls. If you find a combination of a nice place and nice girls, that's your pussy paradise. These places exist, but if you only have a week a lot of these places won't be fruitful enough for you. It also sounds like you want somewhere not too far from Canada.

A good medium might be to head to Florida instead. Pick a second-tier place with a large population, a lot of Colleges around and close proximity to a beach. For example, Tampa/St. Petersburg. Even Orlando has been promoted here on the forum before for its easiness, although it's about an hour away from the coast where the beaches are. If you rent a car you also have good logistics, whereas in many tropical Caribbean destinations you're more limited to picking up girls in your resort or the surrounding area. I think it will be easier in Florida than any major Caribbean resort area to pick up white girls on vacation. You can work a lot more niches here which will be valuable if your game is not the jacked-up bro and you won't get a reputation as that one older guy at the resort traveling alone who is trying to get with all the young girls. Remember, at one of these beach resorts you'll be eating, drinking and by the pool with a lot of the same people all week. Word gets around.

Thanks for all the tips. It'll help with making the plans.

If you are after a 'safe' first vacation, and looking to primarily chill on a beach and hit on tourists, then a happening resort in Cuba (Varadero?) may be your best bet. Like the poster above said, some resorts in Cuba can be tiny and more family-oriented, so avoid those. Also - you will be going from Canada all the way to some isolated place in Cuba, to hang out with lots of Canadians. Be sure you are OK with that.

Don't expect it to be easy though, especially without much game and solo. It can be hard to balance relaxing with trying to hook up. Even more so if you have expectations.

given the info you presented, I'd avoid Mexico and Cuba. go relax in the Dominican Republic.

I'm going to be looking at the DR as an option now. I'm thinking that I should just go on vacation to relax with no expectations. That way I won't disappoint myself. Plus it'd be much cheaper to learn game at home base.

Quote: (04-20-2015 10:52 PM)Mr.Conflicted Wrote:  

I'm going to be looking at the DR as an option now. I'm thinking that I should just go on vacation to relax with no expectations. That way I won't disappoint myself. Plus it'd be much cheaper to learn game at home base.

Take a poke around and see what the local talent pools look like online with OKCupid, and maybe even consider the paid Tinder subscription (paid huge dividends for me in Budapest).

Your confidence may be higher if you know you already have a couple of dates lined up when you land. Not that you should use this as a crutch to weasel out of approaching.

OP you sound like me (31, any friends who I would travel with are married / in relationship). This post makes me want to travel solo more.

Quote:Quote:

I'm thinking that I should just go on vacation to relax with no expectations. That way I won't disappoint myself. Plus it'd be much cheaper to learn game at home base.

This is the attitude you need, but your behavior should be...

"I'm on vacation and interested in meeting everyone", which may translate to some fun.

Vacation is great at fostering this attitude/behavior. No expectations, just relaxing, but interested in where everyone is from and what their story is. That's worked for me.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

I went to Tulum, Mexico for 4 days earlier this month for the first time. Driving, it's about an hour and 45 minutes south of the Cancun airport. Fantastic place. I went with the gf, so I did no gaming, but I noticed lots of great looking women (Latinas and others) in the local bars and restaurants, most of which appeared to be late 20's, early 30's, which should be perfect for you. I'm in my 40's.

I wouldn't rule Tulum out as a place for your vacation. It was laid back, beautiful beaches (though the water was a bit stirred up when I was there due to strong winds), and good scuba diving (both in the ocean and cenotes). The food was excellent, people were friendly. If you are into staying out all night partying, Tulum's probably not your spot. But there were several bar/restaurants with bands playing each night, logistics appeared simple; you could either taxi, walk or ride a bike because the beach area of Tulum is all close together (within a couple of miles). We stayed here: http://www.zamas.com. Awesome place, but no a/c in the rooms, which might be unbearable in June.

A 1 week vacation to an all inclusive is a waste of fucking time and money. Unless you are planning on doing social circle game all week which can be exhausting. You won't interact with any locals except the people that work at the resort. It would be better if you take that money and go visit a new city for a week, it doesn't ave to be a 3rd world shit whole, just something different from what you are used to. You mentioned you are introverted, you need get out of your system and going to a resort will not help you do that.

But if you are dead set on the on doing this then here are some suggestions:

Varadero is a tourist trap full of groups from Toronto and Montreal. Usually the Toronto Groups are sausage fests while the montreal groups have favorable ratios. Pick a resort thats known for young people(you can read reviews online), sleep during the day and hang out by the pool during the late hours of the nite. around 2-4am there will be french canadian girls looking to get their fuck on.

Bahamas-Nasau...try the Whyndam or Breezes Bahamas. Same type of situation but you should have better luck then Varadero. Your target will be young drunk American girls. Senior Frogs late at night, you should be able to pull. Also the pool by your resort.

Daygame in these type of situation is completely useless in my opinion. I have seen no correlation between time spend gaming during day activities and likelihood of banging her that night. Avoid the toronto groups, especially in Varadero, even if they invite you in, trust me its a waste of time.

I love going on holiday alone, it's so good for your personal development, but there are certain caveats to solo travel. I've been on several solo holidays, but there's always been a backpacking or "travelling" vibe to them. I also usually go hiking alone (mostly because my friends aren't interested). I would never go solo to a resort since as previously stated, these are group destinations where couples or groups of friends go to spend time with each other, only ever mingling with other groups or couples.

For me, the trick to these kind of trips has always been to locate and approach other solo travellers. It's not that I spend the time alone, it's that I make "insta-friends" along the way. This is significantly easier if you're heading to destinations that other solo travellers frequent. Asia is of course amongst the easiest for this type of travel, since so many tourists go alone.

Approaching other men to chill or wingman with when you're abroad is about 10 times easier than gaming women, so don't fret it at all. You also have an instant conversation topic: your trip. Your best insta-friends will be other solo travellers, since there's a very high likelihood that they're open to meeting people and have passable social skills. The only bad or mediocre experiences I have ever had have either been with socially awkward people, or with left-wing types who I always seem to rub against. These two groups are easy to filter out, and often easy to spot.

The best places to meet other people will be at popular sights, on transport, at hotels/hostels, and at bars/cafes.

I also recommend not looking/dressing exactly the same as everyone else. If you have a distinctive hat or rucksack or beard, people you met before will recognise you later on in your trip, and remember you.

Good luck bro!

Quote: (03-05-2016 02:42 PM)SudoRoot Wrote:  
Fuck this shit, I peace out.

Cancun: sausage fest. Lots of young , drunk spring breakers on the buses and In clubs.

Cuba: do you speak Spanish ? If not you will have only other tourists to hook up with at the resort or you will end up dealing with cuban prostitutes.

I would look at other places.

All inclusive resorts are not the way to go - if you're looking for personal development. If you want lots of fun, young hot girls - local and tourists. Try central america - I bagged bunches of girls from sweden to costa rica travelling those countries. Nicaragua, honduras, el salvador all good times, surfing. Lots of people travelling about, there for a good time.

Good luck man - travelling is one of the coolest things you can do, and as you know. It instantly makes you more attractive and adventurous in the eyes of women!

Cheers

Did Mr C go solo?

"To be underestimated, is an incredible gift." Rackham

I assume you are from the east coast or south east based on your travel choices...I hear Atlantis - has great beaches and tons of chicks that fly in from Florida, etc to get banged out for a couple days than go back to the mainland from thurs-sunday...also that cool casino from Casino Royale is there as well. I think its on Nassau, great beaches and water. skip cancun for sure...seriously do not go unless you like hooters senior frogs and fat americans. Playa del carmen i have heard great things , but i have never been.