rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Taking time off to work on self then focus on game afterwards

If this is in the wrong forum I apologize.

Much has been said in game circles about becoming that 'perfect 10' you want out of a girl, and presenting to her your best self. Outer game such as pickup lines and dressing nice is good, but inner game must be strong as well. I am considering taking atleast 6 months to a year off of gaming to work out, pay off my credit card, focusing on my martial arts and improving my guitar playing, apply to MBA school, save for an 8 country Euro trip next June, and possibly upgrading my living situation. I focused solely on game during college and put everything else on the back burner with little results and regret to show for it. I will still game sparingly but not regularly enough to make 100 approaches or anything like that. Is this recommended or is it better to improve self AND game a lot at the same time.

Honestly i don't know what's so exhausting or time consuming about game that some need to put it on hold to be able to work on different things.

I mean you can always say hi to a couple of girls in daytime as you go about your day. You can also go out at night hitting up venues at midnight 2 times a week for 2-4 hours without drinking. This will keep you in the game and you will have time for other things.

The worst thing is to stop and fall out of that nice social rhythm. Think of how it was when you stopped playing football before winter or whatever and then came back to it in the summer. It's a bit embarrassing.

What we call 'game' now, our fathers and forefathers would call 'just being a man'. As long as you keep producing testosterone, can maintain erect penis etc. running game on everyone should always be a part of your repertoire. Your 'game' switch should always be 'on' by default. There is no rest period player.

If you choose to go into monk mode, make sure it's done the right way.

Not enough information if you're trying to have us talk you out of it.

Boy this is why I quit Mark Manson's forum [Image: lol.gif] tons of "improve yourself first, get laid later"

Do you want to get laid or want to better yourself?

As an ex blue pill who went monk mode for two years while still having oneitis with one girl, I can tell you right now, getting laid more often and with higher quality girls IS better yourself, and actually makes your life better. No, it should not be the sole focus of your life, but it will help you.

Getting your life in order is fine, but it does NOT directly result in getting laid. If that was the case my notch count would equal my rep points by now [Image: lol.gif]

We as men have some deep seated biological needs that if left unsatisfied play mind fuck on our health. I think learning game = two birds with one stone.

But it looks like you are not sex starved. If you can still get laid regularly without putting tons of effort, I would say put game in the back burner and focus on your martial art. Have you got to your desire milestone in martial art/guitar yet? If not focus on one.

You will never really be able to shut game off though, not after what you have seen, so might as well make it a part time job.

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie

Quote: (04-20-2015 04:08 PM)Dalaran1991 Wrote:  

Do you want to get laid or want to better yourself?

I want to do both, but I want to work on myself first so I can attract higher quality women and raise my SMV.

Quote: (04-20-2015 04:08 PM)Dalaran1991 Wrote:  

But it looks like you are not sex starved. If you can still get laid regularly without putting tons of effort, I would say put game in the back burner and focus on your martial art.

Appreciate the kind words [Image: biggrin.gif] but I am on a several month dry streak but which was mostly of my own doing; I have gamed only three or maybe four times since then and have disabled my online dating accounts. But I have been feeling more confident and secure as a person since then; I have gained muscle, went on a cool trip to Dubai, learned some fighting techniques, and have better posture as well as a more assertive personality. I have gone on one date (with a girl who wound up boring me to death) but got her number stone cold sober at a hockey game, so even my 'day' game has improved a bit thanks to this newfound confidence. (I only thought I could pick up girls at night buzzed).

What aspects of your guitar playing do you want to improve on??

Quote: (04-22-2015 05:35 AM)Guitarman Wrote:  

What aspects of your guitar playing do you want to improve on??

Trying to learn some tricks to get my muscle memory back, there are some songs I'm still stuck on which involves rapid movement between chords. I'm currently inquiring about lessons at my local Guitar Center. Also want to learn some more songs.

Ok, the best way to learn songs is to forget YouTube videos and online tab- tab is often horribly wrong.

Make sure your guitar is in tune to A440 HZ on a tuner ( E A D G B E with the tuner set to 440 concert pitch) then play along with the songs you want to learn to pick out the chords and get your timing good. This will also develop your ear for music.

If the pitch of the record is off then you can use software such as the "amazing slowdowner " which can change pitch and speed of the music independently on each other. It can also loop a section that you find tricky to pick out.

What songs/ styles are you wanting to learn??

As for muscle memory, get a learner book that shows you scales across the fret board. This might seem boring but it is the "weight training" of the music world.

15 mins practising scales each day, major and minor, will do wonders for dexterity, muscle memory and timing. If you play the scale to a metronome or audible timer.

Start slow, then gradually build speed keeping the notes clean and the timing consistent.

Quote: (04-22-2015 09:59 AM)Guitarman Wrote:  

What songs/ styles are you wanting to learn??

Mostly folk/country/indie style.