rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Running day-game with "DC's best"

I rarely do day-game due to the low ROI (for me) and amount of time involved to hook anyone but yesterday had a stressful day at work so right after work did a heavy workout and then decided to walk around downtown and spit game.
I position myself at Farragut Square park outside of Farragut West metro. For those who don't know Washington, DC this place has one of the highest densities of pedestrians in the city, especially around evening time when all the government drones are coming home from work. There are around 5 metro stations walking distance and the White House is 3 blocks away so for game it should be perfect.
[Image: farragut-web-2.jpg]
Anyways, as I walk in circles around Farragut Square park I realize that majority of the people on the park benches are homeless bums. I am not seeing many approachable women. Most seem in sets, with guys, or in a real hurry to get to the metro. So I sit down on the park bench while opening up my gatorade bottle mixed with Wild Turkey whiskey. I take a few sips of it to relieve approach anxiety. Most bums in the park seems to be drunk or high (i smell weed around me) and every girl who is walking through the park is being catcalled in one way or another. These guys are persistent as fuck. No girl can escape their attention. Whether she's a fat whale tourist from the midwest or a young professional with black business skirt and heels they all are being catcalled by these bums. "Hey Honey", "Hey Beautiful", "What's up", "Hey, you have minute?", "Excuse me, can I ask you something", etc. etc. are being directed towards them.

Of course I join in on their parade as I position myself a few benches from them.
These guy's have absolutely 0 approach anxiety and don't give a fuck if they are being completely ignored by the DC women or given mean looks.

Over the course of the next 1.5 hours I make about 14/15 cold approaches (lost track as the liquor hit me more and more). Most of the interactions last a minute at most. The girls smile and thank me for the compliments, avoid me completely (fuck the iPhones and headphones, DC girls have a serious addiction to these), and in some cases speed up as they see me approach.
I'm a little upset as unlike the bums around me I am an OK looking white guy wearing professional clothes, but I persist anyways.

I see a very cute girl, 8+ walking with a bookbag, short skirt, flip flops, showing off her fantastic legs, long blondish hair. My back is sweating and I am nervous. I take another sip of liquor from my brown bag, place it behind the bench and walk up to her. I stop her in the middle of the path.
Me: Excuse me, are you local?
Her: Yes
Me: Can you tell me how to get to McPherson Metro? (of course I know the answer)
Her: Yes, go east a few blocks
I look in the direction she's pointing, pause...smile and say
Me: Actually I am not looking for directions. I saw a cute girl and I though I'd say hi
Her: Oh ok...(smiles). I have to go
Start walking off
Me: Hey, wait up. Let's exchange numbers
No answer

The homeless African American bum to the right of me gives me a player salute. I walk up to him, say "what's up player" and ask if he wants me to pour him so Wild Turkey. His face lights up and he says sure. We both reminisce for a few minutes about all the honeys walking around the park and how DC women are stuck up. I ask him if there are any liquor stores nearby (it is around 8pm by now) and take off.

Sometimes it's not whether you succeed or not at day-game it's what you learn from your approaches that matters. My success rate was atrocious yesterday but I certainly learned persistence. These guys do the same thing day-in, day-out, who knows, sometimes they might even catch an unsuspecting tourist with their "charms". I learned that approaching is a numbers game and unless I can get a couple hundred approaches in during this year it is too early to get frustrated.

The indirect-->direct conversations have the lowest return in my experience.

Major props man. Day gaming is no cake walk, but making that many approaches is a good recipe for future success.

What's up with the liquor though? Just to ease the nerves?

Also, I'm in the DC area and there are a few other guys around. I'm not really into day game but Im sure we could meetup at some point.