rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Getting kicked out of comedy festival

Long story short, I went to see an act at the Melbourne comedy festival (female comedian, I know already made the mistake),. Unable to relate to her humor I started getting bored and texting on my phone (I was with some mates inside so figured I'd just stick around), she calls me out on it and basically tells me to leave.

I went to the supervisor office and not surprised they had terms and conditions where texting are 'disruptions' that allow management to ask you to leave.
Lesson learned: don't see female comedians and do better research on acts
Learn to walk out

Is there anything else I should have done better or deal with because I'm damn angry at myself for paying to see a performer, didn't get entertained, get kicked out and there's not a damn thing i can do about it.

The experience and how I dealt with it left me feeling emasculated

Should have just laughed at her when she was trying to be serious, because that's more funny than a women trying to be funny.

Man should have turned on record and just said something like "if you were funnier" and get some reaction shots.

Most dedicated and talented comedians just keep working it. At least the old school ones did. There was a clip I saw years ago when Jim Carey was just bombing. Just pure shit. My memory is slightly faded on this but I think he found part of the floor that opened up and he tried to edge himself in there. I mean it was sad but he was just acknowledging he was sucking and tried to do anything to salvage it.

Now these days it is that you audience isn't smart enough to get their humor. Let me guess was the comedian 30 or younger? Hate to bring up the Millenial special snowflake feelings thing.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Her comedy style was parodying uneducated wogs with a lot of outrageous dancing and improv comedy to involve the audience, needless to say many of the audience were chubby girls with short hair that seem to think she was the living end.

To add to more detail the audience probably numbered 20-25, females outnumbering males 5:1. I tried to give the bitch the benefit of the doubt to become more entertaining, by the time half an hour had gone by and I was probably literally the only guy in there who wasn't laughing (mind you, it wasn't like the other males were in stitches either).
It was then I switched on my phone after deciding another half an hour of watching this woman gyrating her hips and using her body to make jokes (which apparently was supposed to be what was funny) would be torture.
She called me out on my phone texting, tried to 'engage' me by forcefully take my phone which I resisted and then I fell into her frame, stood up when she basically sent me packing to the door.

Later on I was confronted by my mate's homosexual friend who was there at the show, he implied my refusal to play along and taking my phone out had 'disrupted' the comedy or ruined the immersion of the act which affected the audience as a whole and that I wasn't open minded enough. WTF
My thoughts were if a comedy act can be ruined by an iPhone it probably wasn't that great to begin with.
It irks me that because I wasn't playing along somehow my attitude ruins things for people, like if you don't conform you should leave and take your opinions with you.

Am I in the wrong here? Because I sure as hell feel angry at doubting myself

You could have tried being funnier than her, instead of just telling us that she wasn't funny and then storming out and complaining to the management. It sounds like you acted more like a woman than she did.

Female Comedian: "Why are you texting during my act?"
Tuthmosis: "I'm texting you some better jokes. Check your phone."

I would have gone from there.

[Image: attachment.jpg25868]   

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Thanks Tuth, that's exqctly what I needed to hear.

She tried to steal your phone?
I would have said "bitch get the fuck off my phone" she doesn't sound like she can take hecklers well so it would have sabotaged her whole routine and it is very doubtful she would have recovered. In a way that would be worth whatever the fee was to see the "show".