rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Greek Islands Thread

Greek Islands Thread

Some info bubbling up on the Mykanos thread shows that we need a thread for tips on the best Greek islands for those interested in Island hopping.

I have only ever been to Athens (not a city that is worth spending any time in incedently) but I will be in the Greek islands sometime in the next few months so will add info when I am there.

In the meantime, for those who have been - which are the best Greek islands?

Greek Islands Thread

Last year I visited the Island of Crete (stayed 1week) for the first time. This is also the only Greek Island I have been two, so I can't comment on the others. So here is my two cents.

Crete is a nice place, it has alot of beautiful beaches, good food, easy to get around. People are nice and respectful.
During the summer months the nightclubs and bars are full of drunk Scandinavians out looking for some fun. (Y'all know about Scandinavian girls and one-night stands...?!?)
I stayed in Chania, and I think this is not the best place for partying on the Island.
Also Crete is a typical charter/packedge type of destination. Alot of families and older people coming here. Even in restaurants you can find menus in norwegian, swedish,dansih++ ...hate that shit!!
It's not cheap, Well you can get drunk fairly cheap, drinking the local piss!

The guy at the hostel asked me for how long I was staying; when I told him I only had a week, he said I could just forget about the local girls then. He told me I need more time than that to get in their pants!
So best chance are the girls coming for a week or two looking for fun.
Bottom line...for partying and girls, I would not go back to Crete!

Greek Islands Thread

Quote: (05-18-2011 04:06 AM)Lumiere Wrote:  

Some info bubbling up on the Mykanos thread shows that we need a thread for tips on the best Greek islands for those interested in Island hopping.

I have only ever been to Athens (not a city that is worth spending any time in incedently) but I will be in the Greek islands sometime in the next few months so will add info when I am there.

In the meantime, for those who have been - which are the best Greek islands?

Lumiere,why did you not like Athens?

Greek Islands Thread

Ios

Went during peak season. Took the overnight ferry from Athens. The ferry gets to Ios at night. If you don't have a place to stay already, forget about finding one that night. Spent the first night sleeping on the beach.

The demographic is Northern Europeans - Swedish, Norwegian, some British, as well as lots of Italians and Greeks. Beaches are topless. Not uncommon to see 18 year old Greek girls with perfect bodies and pert breasts laying out topless on the beach. The crowd is teenagers all the way up to late 20s or so.

It's a complete party island. The general schedule for most people on the island is to party up to 6 AM, sleep in till about midday, go to the beach and get a bit more sleep, head out for dinner and predrinks at about 8 and repeat the cycle. Popular places to stay are Far Out Camping, which as the name suggest is at the end of the island on the beach, but it is a 24 hour party place and a few hostels in Chora, the main town. I stayed at a place that was in the Lonely Planet guide. Nothing fancy, but a good atmosphere.

If you have a bit of game, you could be sleeping with 2 or 3 girls a day. But, the downside is that Ios is no undiscovered jewel. It is definitely overrun with hordes of horny Italians during peak season. Don't expect to bang Greek girls either.

Greek Islands Thread

I was there over ten years ago, when the country was using the Drachma. I flew directly from London to the beautiful island of Rhodos(Rhodes). I believe this is the furtherest island out and you can even take a ferry over to Turkey (Marmaris). All the action happens in a town on the island called Faliraki, but it is a hot-spots for the Brits. Loads off Lager louts as they are called in the UK, not sure if I would recommend going there.
Even though it has been along time since I ventured there, I was shocked to see on TV that Tesco (British Supermarket chain) has opened up a location there.

I got bored and decided to take a ferry over to the island of KOS, which was more euro and alot better. Loads of Scandinavian people and a sprinkle of Germans/Swiss. I actually had two Swiss girls approach me and the rest was history.

This week I saw some really cheap hotels in Rhodes advertising on a travel website I use, I think due to the crisis some excellent deals can be had.

I would also like to add the hospitality of the people was really great when I was there, probably b/c I was the only black man there. lol

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Greek Islands Thread

I´ve been to Crete twice, both for 2 weeks. Think it´s the biggest of the Greek Islands so it´s pretty easy to get to. It´s a great place to party, well during the summer anyway. The two places that I went to were Chersonissos and Malia. Both are towns that have long strips of bars and clubs, so pretty much the same idea in both. Main difference is that Malia is full of British tourists whereas Chersonissos is more of a European mix, predominantly Dutch, Irish, and Scandinavian. There are a lot of tidy Dutch girls there. The 2 towns are only 15 mins apart in a taxi so it´d more than feasible to visit both. There are a lot of great beaches in Crete, and probably a lot of ´culture´if you´re into that. Also heard of a town called Rethymno that apparently attracts a lot of tourists during the summer months.

If you want to pull local women don´t go to any of the above places. I´d imagine the capital Iraklion would be the best option for this but I didn´t visit it so I can´t recommend places. No tourist that I spoke to in Crete had been there, which could be a good thing. I can also concur with what was written above about Ios.

Greek Islands Thread

My best friends girl is greek, she told me that buying girls drinks is a MUST in mykanos...thats BS

Greek Islands Thread

Download the Dutch show "Oh, Oh, Cherso!" for some insight -- it's the Dutch Jersey Shore and it gives you a good idea of what's going on in the party islands.

Greek Islands Thread

Absolute party island is IOS. Attracts a heavy Euro crowd. If partying with younger people and passing out in the streets at 6am is your thing, then go to IOS. If you're interested in hitting an island with a little more culture and probably no women to game on, then check out Patmos (strong ties to the Bible, etc). Lots of gays in Mykonos. Mykonos is more like the Vegas crowd and my opinion is that it gets old. You have to drop a lot of loot if you wanna bang the hotties...but they are prude. Mykonos is worth it one time, but after that, don't bother.
Depends on what you want to accomplish.

Greek Islands Thread

Quote: (07-31-2011 08:18 PM)Smitty Wrote:  

Absolute party island is IOS. Attracts a heavy Euro crowd. If partying with younger people and passing out in the streets at 6am is your thing, then go to IOS. If you're interested in hitting an island with a little more culture and probably no women to game on, then check out Patmos (strong ties to the Bible, etc). Lots of gays in Mykonos. Mykonos is more like the Vegas crowd and my opinion is that it gets old. You have to drop a lot of loot if you wanna bang the hotties...but they are prude. Mykonos is worth it one time, but after that, don't bother.
Yasou Smitty, I wrote some info on mykonos on another thread. Its an absolute place to avoid....shitty locals ,tons of fags, no trees and dirty.

Ios and Patmos are great places.

Greek Islands Thread

Quote: (07-31-2011 08:33 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Yasou Smitty, I wrote some info on mykonos on another thread. Its an absolute place to avoid....shitty locals ,tons of fags, no trees and dirty.

Yasou, friend. Shame that so many people go to Greece without spending any time learning anything from the culture. Got to carve out a few days to check out the place and learn something.
Aside from the party crowd on IOS, Greece has a similar effect as Hawaii -- play off of the beautiful sunsets. Tourist women LOVE the sunsets and they ALWAYS want to spend it with a man walking the beach. When I lived in Waikiki it was a guarantee to at least make out with the tourists and grab some titty on the beach. Greece has the same effect...especially if you spend time on Santorini (best sunsets in the world).

Greek Islands Thread

El mechanico,

Are these Greek/Turkish resorts only good in the summer? Do Scandi/EE/Russian chicks not come around during the winter to escape the extreme cold? I would like to have some options this winter in the region for short 4 day jaunts.

Greek Islands Thread

Quote: (05-18-2011 12:48 PM)ManAbout Wrote:  

Ios

Went during peak season. Took the overnight ferry from Athens. The ferry gets to Ios at night. If you don't have a place to stay already, forget about finding one that night. Spent the first night sleeping on the beach.

The demographic is Northern Europeans - Swedish, Norwegian, some British, as well as lots of Italians and Greeks. Beaches are topless. Not uncommon to see 18 year old Greek girls with perfect bodies and pert breasts laying out topless on the beach. The crowd is teenagers all the way up to late 20s or so.

It's a complete party island. The general schedule for most people on the island is to party up to 6 AM, sleep in till about midday, go to the beach and get a bit more sleep, head out for dinner and predrinks at about 8 and repeat the cycle. Popular places to stay are Far Out Camping, which as the name suggest is at the end of the island on the beach, but it is a 24 hour party place and a few hostels in Chora, the main town. I stayed at a place that was in the Lonely Planet guide. Nothing fancy, but a good atmosphere.

If you have a bit of game, you could be sleeping with 2 or 3 girls a day. But, the downside is that Ios is no undiscovered jewel. It is definitely overrun with hordes of horny Italians during peak season. Don't expect to bang Greek girls either.

Was in Ios some years ago. Confirm the above in full. Although for sleeping with 2-3 girls a day, you'll have to put in some nasty work.

Greek Islands Thread

Quote: (08-13-2011 08:46 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

El mechanico,

Are these Greek/Turkish resorts only good in the summer? Do Scandi/EE/Russian chicks not come around during the winter to escape the extreme cold? I would like to have some options this winter in the region for short 4 day jaunts.
Yea the summer and then its a washout after. EE girls move there and do all the work the lazy greek won't. You will have no problems with them in the winter but the islands are cold and windy.
You can find a place and hold up on Rhodos or Crete.But I recommend that you keep going to the same place and get to know the locals in winter months.Greek people are very cool after the get to know you.
Crack some Albainian jokes and you will win their hearts.

There is a guy on here named Andreas who lives in Cyprus. I read the other day that its in the 70s in winter months. Next time I go there Cyprus will be my first stop.. Its half turkish and half greek

Greek Islands Thread

The Greek Islands definitely shut down starting in October.

But, I was wondering about Turkey. According to Wikipedia, the average high, even in November is close to 30 Degrees in Alanya on the Mediterranean coast.

Greek Islands Thread

I was in the island Kos few years ago, it is very similar to Ios per the descriptions above, parties, beaches and mostly very young crowd.

Greek Islands Thread

I love the Med in the summers. Having worked a season down there when younger and visited several times I have recruited some of the youngest and hottest talent of my life down there.

I can tell you exactly when and where you need to in order to encounter a critical mass of the nationality of your choice.

If for instance you'd ever want to recruit some Swiss talent you'd have to put in 1/10 of the effort in the Med as you would if you went to Switzerland itself.

Greek Islands Thread

Thanks El Mechanico. I was hoping for better news. I'm gonna be in K uwati for awhile and geographically speaking, it sux. The only places feasible to travel on short trips are Ethiopia and Dubai. The ROI in Dubai, Israel, Lebanon, and Bahrain are too high to bother though. Distance wise, Georgia isn't too far, but the cost and insane layovers make it not worth it.

Greek Islands Thread

FASTEST BJ EVER on the beach by an 8' Irish-British dancer. It took around 45 minutes since I met her. The island was Karpathos- 3rd tier Greek Island. I was in the Army and had to go back to the camp to avoid jail. Sometimes, God plays crazy games with men..

I have been to all the famous Greek Islands, but I truly believe that 2nd or 3rd tier Greek Islands might worth a look..

Greek Islands Thread

Interesting small islands:
1.Lefkada.A very popular destination among Greeks prefered by Czechs as well.There are some excellent beaches and a very good nightlife.
2.Zakynthos.There is the resort Laganas in the drunk English women style similar to Malia, Kavos etc.(even Albanians fuck there the English women are just too drunk to distinguish if the cock is their boyfriend's or not so the Albanians come to the beach in the night and give cock to every hole they find)
3.Thassos.Also frequented by Czech women.I heard stories about villagers from Thassos fucking eastern European tourists without even speaking english.They mostly got their training from the goats on the island.Also many Albanians who present themselves as Greeks to the naive Czech women who later find out their boyfriend has Albanian surname.

Other interesting places:
1.Ouranoupolis Chalkidiki.Popular among Russian women.
2.Asprovalta close to Thessaloniki.Popular among Russian and Czech women who can come there by car.
Generally Chalkidiki contains quite a lot of eastern European tourists.

Greek Islands Thread

Generally the small islands have the advantage that you get to know all female tourists quickly.I have heard about severe debaucheries in campings on islands between the cheap female tourists on budget and the local gigolos.
The best way of course to score is to get a job as bartender or DJ on the island.They are the ones who fuck the most and meet almost every girl.

Greek Islands Thread

Quote:Quote:

2.Zakynthos.There is the resort Laganas in the drunk English women style similar to Malia, Kavos etc.(even Albanians fuck there the English women are just too drunk to distinguish if the cock is their boyfriend's or not so the Albanians come to the beach in the night and give cock to every hole they find)

This island is great. I did not notice much of a party vibe here though, but I was there in October. I was staying on the boat we sailed in there on in the main town. I highly recommend getting a car and spending a few days at the north of the island. The cliffs, beaches and water are some of the nicest I have ever seen.

Warning, (like most of Greece) do not drive at night. Lots of random animals, drunks and whatnot to force you off the narrow roads. Just look down the side of the road on there will likely be a wrecked car down there.

Greek Islands Thread

Quote: (07-31-2011 08:33 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Mykonos is an enjoyable place if you rent a scooter/ATV to tour the island. Lots of great scenery and stops to enjoy such as Psarou Beach, Agio Sostits, Paradise and more reasonably priced restaurants or grocery stores.

As for the party scene, I'm not a fan of the main area. Lots of kiddie pickpockets, closed off locals that stem from the obnoxious party tourists leaving a bad impression, overpriced drinks, bad top 40's American music at the nightlife venues, date rapish dudes, and in my experience assertive fat chicks desperate for a lay.

Greek Islands Thread

Quote: (03-13-2013 02:46 AM)Greek kamaki Wrote:  

Interesting small islands:
1.Lefkada.A very popular destination among Greeks prefered by Czechs as well.There are some excellent beaches and a very good nightlife.
3.Thassos.Also frequented by Czech women.I heard stories about villagers from Thassos fucking eastern European tourists without even speaking english.They mostly got their training from the goats on the island.Also many Albanians who present themselves as Greeks to the naive Czech women who later find out their boyfriend has Albanian surname.

Other interesting places:
1.Ouranoupolis Chalkidiki.Popular among Russian women.
2.Asprovalta close to Thessaloniki.Popular among Russian and Czech women who can come there by car.
Generally Chalkidiki contains quite a lot of eastern European tourists.

Comedy Gold [Image: icon_lol.gif]

Greek Islands Thread

Mykonos is debauchery central. You will see people fucking on the beach, on the clubs, on the streets. People are fucking everywhere.
[Image: gay.gif] beware of gay people [Image: gay.gif]

zakynthos and lefkada are really pretty. Like Kamaki said, lots of british in south of zakynthos.
The north of the island is more for sightseeing.
I have around 50 pictures on this beach and some other with this view
[Image: zakinthos.jpg]

and beware when driving in greece. it's 3rd world country when it comes to driving.