rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How do you take distance into account when dating?

I live in the U.S. I live in a city which is about 25 miles south of a very big, highly-populated (millions of residents) and well-known urban city (let’s call the northern city “city A”). I live about 25 miles north of another very big and well-known city (but much smaller than city A), but it’s more suburban (let’s call the southern city “city B”). So it’s about halfway between both cities. Meeting women who live in city A is out of the question. I have a car, but there is almost no parking in city A. If you’re lucky enough to even find parking (it’s always crowded), you have to pay for it. Most people who go to city A take a train there, and that would just take too long for me and I don’t want to spend money for a round trip train ride. Also, there are many people in city A who don’t own a car because they just use the public transportation there, so they wouldn’t be able to meet me where I live or even meet halfway. However, I’m open to meeting women within a 30 mile radius, aside from city A. I’m willing to commute a maximum of 30 minutes by car, although with rush hour traffic, that could be longer (I’d be willing to do a maximum of 45 minutes in rush hour traffic).

I only want to do online dating, but the problem is that, like in real life, most of the women on the dating websites are in city A, but like I said, I don’t want to meet women who live there. However, there also seems to be lots of women around city B (but not around where I live). I was thinking of meeting women about halfway between where I live and where they live (around city B) or a little closer to them. Like if they live in city B, they can take a 10 minute drive to a certain area and I could take a 20 minute drive to that area when we meet up. For the first date, I’d prefer to meet them instead of picking them up.

How do I take distance into account when dating? How do you decide what location (like what city) to have the date in when you’re talking on the phone and making plans to go out?

Here are the types of things that I’m curious about: would these women think I’m desperate if I had to drive 30 minutes to meet up with them (and going closer to where they live instead of where I live)? Would they even consider dating me if they knew I lived that far away (about 30 minutes away by car), even if I wanted to meet halfway? What is the maximum distance (or driving time) you two should live away from each other? How far away from where you live and how far away from where she lives should you two meet (what is the maximum driving distance I should travel and what is the maximum driving distance she should travel)? And anything else you could think of that could help me out. Also take into account that I’ll be meeting women only on dating websites.

Quote: (03-25-2015 11:13 AM)h5757 Wrote:  

I live in the U.S. I live in a city which is about 25 miles south of a very big, highly-populated (millions of residents) and well-known urban city (let’s call the northern city “city A”). I live about 25 miles north of another very big and well-known city (but much smaller than city A), but it’s more suburban (let’s call the southern city “city B”). So it’s about halfway between both cities. Meeting women who live in city A is out of the question. I have a car, but there is almost no parking in city A. If you’re lucky enough to even find parking (it’s always crowded), you have to pay for it. Most people who go to city A take a train there, and that would just take too long for me and I don’t want to spend money for a round trip train ride. Also, there are many people in city A who don’t own a car because they just use the public transportation there, so they wouldn’t be able to meet me where I live or even meet halfway. However, I’m open to meeting women within a 30 mile radius, aside from city A. I’m willing to commute a maximum of 30 minutes by car, although with rush hour traffic, that could be longer (I’d be willing to do a maximum of 45 minutes in rush hour traffic).

I only want to do online dating, but the problem is that, like in real life, most of the women on the dating websites are in city A, but like I said, I don’t want to meet women who live there. However, there also seems to be lots of women around city B (but not around where I live). I was thinking of meeting women about halfway between where I live and where they live (around city B) or a little closer to them. Like if they live in city B, they can take a 10 minute drive to a certain area and I could take a 20 minute drive to that area when we meet up. For the first date, I’d prefer to meet them instead of picking them up.

How do I take distance into account when dating? How do you decide what location (like what city) to have the date in when you’re talking on the phone and making plans to go out?

You answered your title question in the first paragraph.

You don't deal with long distance meet ups especially in a nightmare city with no parking and train is the best way to travel round trip

I wouldn't either.

So forget about City A, you need to move, OR pulling girls the same night like a car bang, or a hotel.

Dude, you can't JUST do only online dating ! Start gaming girls local (unless you're married).

Quote:Quote:

Here are the types of things that I’m curious about:

would these women think I’m desperate if I had to drive 30 minutes to meet up with them (and going closer to where they live instead of where I live)?

First off, you should be displaying SMV to where they would WANT to drive to YOU. Secondly, no it's not desperate, you can always meet halfway (low chance of a bang). Third, why aren't you playing it off that you're just in their town for the night or happen to be passing bye ?

NEVER EVER tell a woman you drove so much or waiting so long to see her. Now THAT wreaks of desperation.

Would they even consider dating me if they knew I lived that far away (about 30 minutes away by car), even if I wanted to meet halfway?

Dude 30 minutes away by car isn't a long time especially driving from the suburbs to the city or vice versa.

Asking the question "would they consider" is a bad way to look at this !

My main lives about 30-40 minutes away and SHE DRIVES to me when she wants to see me.

What is the maximum distance (or driving time) you two should live away from each other?

I'd say less than 45 minutes, but I know some girls who drove over an hour to come fuck me.

How far away from where you live and how far away from where she lives should you two meet (what is the maximum driving distance I should travel and what is the maximum driving distance she should travel)?

Again, why aren't you having girls drive to you or even ask/suggest that they do ?

It doesn't how far she travels, it matters how far you want to travel that's your investment, why are you so worried about hers ?

And anything else you could think of that could help me out. Also take into account that I’ll be meeting women only on dating websites.

Stop worry about distance, start worry about if you're putting out a high SMV. With a high SMV you'll have girls driving over an hour just to have the honor of sucking your dick.

And for god's sake, DO NOT stick to only online dating, go out and approach girls !

You need to move.
Or you need to focus on banging chicks the same night that you meet them. Dates, and therefore internet dating will require a whole lot of logistics that you'll never overcome

Like WIA said, just move. You're only 25 miles away from the large city so depending on what you do for your career and where you work you could still commute to work from the large city but have infinitely better dating logistics.

I only date girls that live within 10 minutes of my house.

This has made my life much easier.

Beyond that, it just isn't worth it for me. (anymore)

It helps that I live in a big city close to a few universities.