rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Girls getting your number

I went to the store earlier and started a convo with the cute cashier. There was a line forming because she was going slow and talking to me. I told her to give me her number when I was about to walk off and she said she had a bf. I said I don't care and told her to give it to me again. She told me to give her mine so I kind of gave her the annoyed look and wrote it down. I hate doing this but who knows, she might hit me up. What do y'all do when a girl does this?

Quote: (05-16-2011 05:29 PM)houston Wrote:  

I went to the store earlier and started a convo with the cute cashier. There was a line forming because she was going slow and talking to me. I told her to give me her number when I was about to walk off and she said she had a bf. I said I don't care and told her to give it to me again. She told me to give her mine so I kind of gave her the annoyed look and wrote it down. I hate doing this but who knows, she might hit me up. What do y'all do when a girl does this?

She was working and there was a line forming. That made her anxious, especially when you put her on the spot in public. That's also where you really blew any shot you had. Giving her an annoyed look didn't help either I'm sure... that's how a beta responds to rejection. Gotta keep it cool, plenty of girls out there.

She probably took your number to get rid of you. Girls RARELY call a guy who's number they take unless she was already hooked and chasing you. And even then... it's too try-hard.

It's tough picking up girls who are working. My advice is not to ask out cashiers unless they are on their break, smoking, or "off-duty."

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

I've given my number to girls before with just about zero desirable success. Maybe it'd work with a cougar, but I have minimal experience there.

Quote: (05-16-2011 05:36 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

Girls RARELY call a guy who's number they take unless she was already hooked and chasing you.

That happened to me twice. The first girl was the beauty queen of a large European city, the second one was one of the 5 most beautiful women I've seen in my lifetime. Both had refused to give me their number during my initial approach.

Two general things: boyfriend objection is a rejection, and boyfriend destroyers are normally useless; Gmac is right about the social pressure situation.

What do y'all do when a girl tries to get your number when you ask for hers?

Could I have done anything different to get cashiers number or was I doomed to begin with?

Quote: (05-16-2011 08:39 PM)houston Wrote:  

Could I have done anything different to get cashiers number or was I doomed to begin with?

Doomed, it was a bad situation, where her job created a real time/pressure issue.

If the scenario were different, and she still asked for your number first, you might try just telling her your number, and then tell her to text you her name, so you can save her in your phone. This accomplishes 3 things:

1. You don't have to worry about remembering her name
2. You have her # and can keep the interaction going if she doesn't text you first
3. You know it's not a fake number

I generally don't trust girls to take the initiative to call/text me first after our first meeting if we exchange phone numbers---especially if I'm the one who gave the number and nothing from her.

There are exceptions but I think even if they like you, they might just not call you because she might think that it's a "slutty" thing to do by taking initiative.

I think of it as the same principle as the societal expectation that men should approach women first or initiate.

You approached her and you now know where you stand with her and that's what counts. I would chalk it up.

It's funny you should write about this because I was just about to start a thread about it.

I'd give it to her but expect nothing. I've given my number to countless women with only one call back. The only reason I got the call was because the girl who received the number was with her girlfriend at the time and was convinced by her later to call me. I got one date out of it wherein she questioned my handing my number out to women.

Her asking for your number is a strategic move to get you to go away.

Ya know, many people say that you shouldn't hit on girls while on the job. I disagree. I say you should approach wherever you are but that you have to be mindful of your setting. I had a mad crush on a girl who was a cashier at a grocery store near me. I never knew what to say to her. I came through her line a few times to build rapport and then pulled an "Office Space" routine. I just walked up to her and asked her out. She smiled, said she was really sorry, and told me she had a boyfriend. (I found out from a friend who works with her that she's actually engaged.) Best rejection I ever got, actually. She really seemed to appreciate me asking.

I don't think you're ever doomed from the start. If you like her, go for it. I'm a cashier myself and would love to have a woman ask me to join her somewhere. Fuck anyone else in line. I think the key is confidence. Go up to her and ask her out like it's no big thing.

Women don't stop being lonely or horny when they go to work, ya know! [Image: idea.gif]

giving girls your number seldom comes with good result...but there is always hope anyway.

I don't waste time giving women my number anymore. I used to and I've never been called.

So if they don't want to give me the number, NEXT!

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards