rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Asking a girl for her number

Hey Guys

I was wondering on how to ask a girl for a phone number. I don't want to sound desperate or wimpy by just asking "Hey can I have your number?" This girl and I have talked here and there in class but I was wondering if I can get any tips.

Say, "Hey can I have your number?".

Quote: (03-02-2015 07:46 PM)vip17811 Wrote:  

Hey Guys

I was wondering on how to ask a girl for a phone number. I don't want to sound desperate or wimpy by just asking "Hey can I have your number?" This girl and I have talked here and there in class but I was wondering if I can get any tips.

Is this before or after Bible study?

Lord knows it makes a difference.

WIA

Should go in the newbie section, but I'd say:

Don't directly ask her for her number. Ask her if she wants to get drinks together soon. The number is a logical consequence of that. Notice the subtle shift - rather than just asking her for the number to maybe set up a date, now you've got a verbal affirmation that she wants to see you again, one on one.

Also don't phrase it in terms of a question. Saying something like "We should grab drinks together later this week" sounds less needy.

Truly, it isn't that hard - or that big a deal, for that matter.

HSLD

HSLD

Quote: (03-02-2015 07:50 PM)mickeyd Wrote:  

Say, "Hey can I have your number?".

does it make sound desperate if I ask her knowing that we have a few exchange of words at times?

Quote: (03-02-2015 07:51 PM)HighSpeed_LowDrag Wrote:  

Should go in the newbie section, but I'd say:

Don't directly ask her for her number. Ask her if she wants to get drinks together soon. The number is a logical consequence of that. Notice the subtle shift - rather than just asking her for the number to maybe set up a date, now you've got a verbal affirmation that she wants to see you again, one on one.

Also don't phrase it in terms of a question. Saying something like "We should grab drinks together later this week" sounds less needy.

Truly, it isn't that hard - or that big a deal, for that matter.

HSLD

We are both sophomores in college and we havent got our fake Id's yet

So, I know we can't go to the liquor store yet...but we CAN fuck our brains out in the back seat of my car.

Per Ardua Ad Astra | "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum"

Cobra and I did some awesome podcasts with awesome fellow members.

Say "You seem pretty cool, we should hang out sometime" or "Let's grab drinks sometime" or something to that extent. If she responds in the affirmative, drop one of this innovative and ground-breaking lines:

"Give me your number."

or

"Put your number in my phone."

Don't ask for a number, tell her to give it to you.

Founding Member of TEAM DOUBLE WRAPPED CONDOMS

Put your number in my phone!

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Just simply ask for her number in a confident and playful manner.

Yes, I agree with the comments above that say don't ask for her number, tell her to give you her number. Be a man, take charge.

What do you want to achieve? Always know the goal. Look at it like this. You don't want to have her phone number, unless you're doing some weird art project on current technology. You do want to get to know her and get in her pants. She knows this, and you want her to know this. It's not educational or professional, it's sexual. You want a sexual relationship of some kind. Getting her contact info is just a necessary step.

So tell her you want to hang out and if she agrees, open up the New Contact screen and hand her your phone. "I have time tomorrow evening and want to check out this place." If she's down or offers an alternative, tell her you'll be in touch about the details.

If you've just been talking here and there, and you muster up the courage to ask for the number and actually get it, in your next step you have to muster up the courage again by asking her out over text, which is pretty weak. And in the mean time this girl is going to be wondering why you didn't ask her out and when and why you'll be texting, hoping you're not going to make it awkward.

Be upfront in person (which shows some balls) and when you succeed, exchanging that number is only natural.

P.S.

When you only show your true intentions later over text, and she rebuffs you, it will be more awkward when you see her again in class. You can't show you're unfazed over text. One of the biggest DHVs, and one of my favorites, is getting rejected and not looking affected, e.g. going for the kiss and getting the cheek, and then smiling because you know you'll get her. Girls can read it and it turns them on.

just give her your phone and tell her to put her number in it

I think it's been pretty well covered, but basically say something like "I'd like to invite you out" or "I'd like to hang out with you sometime." If she answers affirmatively, tell her "give me your number." I've given girls my phone at times and said "put your number in."

I don't understand why guys are so afraid of this, actually.

If you're not fucking her, someone else is.

This is what I do.

I say something along the lines of "It's been nice talking to you, but I'm late to meet my friends, we'll have to continue this conversation later some time."

She'll say, "Ya, sure."

I saw, "How do you want me to get in touch with you?"

????

Profit.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Hey guys, have a situation which might be a potential flake. Here it goes.. Went to a restaurant where a girl I met through a mutual friend a year ago was working. She attended to us but I did not acknowledge the familiarity. But I did when my friends and I were paying for the food by mentioning the mutual friend's name and the meetup we had which was actually predrinking on a saturday. She said she recognized me as well. Asked her if she was still staying at the same place, how her uni is going etc. Later i asked for her fb, realized my mistake as she turned to do something else and got her number instead when she turned back.

The weird thing is she never got my name. Is this going to be a flake when I text her? And how do I identify myself without overdoing it and how long should I wait, alsoshould I mention the mutual friend's name? I think Roosh advocates 2-4 days and discourages the weekends but assuming this event occurred on a Thursday when and what would you text her given my anonymous nature to her in this case?

I dont usually mention another guy's name in my texts but in this case, it might be unavoidable such as in the following sample:

'hey X its hazaer, we met at the Y diner and happen to have Z as a mutual friend.how are you'

Obviously, focussing on this one girl is not good form but I would like to bring this out to illustrate if it is even worth getting the number in a scenario such as this where you can barely talk to the girl for a minute during the transaction so you cannot not establish comfort in the usual day game conversation style although you might have barely known her before.

Thank you for your opinions and ideas.

Quote: (07-06-2017 09:44 AM)Hazaer Wrote:  

Hey guys, have a situation which might be a potential flake. Here it goes.. Went to a restaurant where a girl I met through a mutual friend a year ago was working. She attended to us but I did not acknowledge the familiarity. But I did when my friends and I were paying for the food by mentioning the mutual friend's name and the meetup we had which was actually predrinking on a saturday. She said she recognized me as well. Asked her if she was still staying at the same place, how her uni is going etc. Later i asked for her fb, realized my mistake as she turned to do something else and got her number instead when she turned back.

The weird thing is she never got my name. Is this going to be a flake when I text her? And how do I identify myself without overdoing it and how long should I wait, alsoshould I mention the mutual friend's name? I think Roosh advocates 2-4 days and discourages the weekends but assuming this event occurred on a Thursday when and what would you text her given my anonymous nature to her in this case?

I dont usually mention another guy's name in my texts but in this case, it might be unavoidable such as in the following sample:

'hey X its hazaer, we met at the Y diner and happen to have Z as a mutual friend.how are you'

Obviously, focussing on this one girl is not good form but I would like to bring this out to illustrate if it is even worth getting the number in a scenario such as this where you can barely talk to the girl for a minute during the transaction so you cannot not establish comfort in the usual day game conversation style although you might have barely known her before.

hey

call her.

call her. if she picks up, ask her when she gets off work, if she wants to meet for a quick drink.

tell her it was good seeing her. feel the vibe out. get it over with.

show your intentions. let her know youre interested. if she can't or whatever say ok maybe some other time, hang up and hit her again next week with the same thing.

its funny because stick in the mud guys will do anything but say " hey i like you " or " hey you're sexy i wanna take you back to mine

game is seduction. seduction is mystery. announcing who you are and every single detail is counterproductive ....... be mysterious, leave things out, make her guess, make her gears in her brain start turning and whatnot. make her wonder about you

"comfort" is overrated. girls will feel as comfortable as you feel with yourself.

i can tell a. you probably wont call her and b. youll mess it up

because by the way you type you use too many big words and you feel like you need to "establish" everything, all the details. she recognized you but she didn't bring it up, you did.

You are thinking too much.

Step back for a minute and remember that she is just a human being, similar to you.

She might be just as nervous as you or worried about something ridiculous like how her hair looked bad that day.

"hey X its Hazaer, good seeing you again on Saturday, ....."

That should be enough for her to remember you. If not she will ask who you are.

Calling could also work, as well as a million other things. Getting her to start talking is the only important thing.

Quote:Quote:

I don't think you have anything to lose.

Quote: (07-06-2017 12:10 PM)Lights Wrote:  

hey

call her.

call her. if she picks up, ask her when she gets off work, if she wants to meet for a quick drink.

tell her it was good seeing her. feel the vibe out. get it over with.

show your intentions. let her know youre interested. if she can't or whatever say ok maybe some other time, hang up and hit her again next week with the same thing.

its funny because stick in the mud guys will do anything but say " hey i like you " or " hey you're sexy i wanna take you back to mine

game is seduction. seduction is mystery. announcing who you are and every single detail is counterproductive ....... be mysterious, leave things out, make her guess, make her gears in her brain start turning and whatnot. make her wonder about you

"comfort" is overrated. girls will feel as comfortable as you feel with yourself.

i can tell a. you probably wont call her and b. youll mess it up

because by the way you type you use too many big words and you feel like you need to "establish" everything, all the details. she recognized you but she didn't bring it up, you did.

Good point.. it might have been a good thing I didnt tell her my name.

In line with roosh's book and the social ineptitude of the uni girls of today, i was thinking of texting instead of calling her in the standard 2-4 day period but since it is the weekend, i am not sure if she will respond as she might have weekend plans with her buddies and so might want to put on the 'busy' vibe. I might give it 3 days and text sunday

Yes on hindsight, telling too many details about our last meeting wasnt the best strategy but how else can you open a girl at the counter and get some sort of connection going with the 60s that you have and customers waiting behind, hearing you going for her personal details when she is actually working. Thats why I used familiarity as an opener to get some convo going. But yes, it might have been better to use an innocent opener and then mention the familiarity later.

Quote: (07-06-2017 05:55 PM)birthday cat Wrote:  

You are thinking too much.

"hey X its Hazaer, good seeing you again on Saturday, ....."

Quote:Quote:

I don't think you have anything to lose.

Nice line, short and simple. Will try this.
Cheers