rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What would you do if you are completely alone in this world?

Imagine this scenario, you are 35 years old, location independent income, you can travel anywhere, but for some reason you have to start from scratch in terms of social circle. No family, no friends, no acquaintances, no girlfriend, nothing. You are alone in this world. What would you do? Where would you go? Which western city (American or European) would be best for deal with this type of situation?

Thanks

Quote: (02-20-2015 02:57 PM)vorenus Wrote:  

Imagine this scenario, you are 35 years old, location independent income, you can travel anywhere, but for some reason you have to start from scratch in terms of social circle. No family, no friends, no acquaintances, no girlfriend, nothing. You are alone in this world. What would you do? Where would you go? Which western city (American or European) would be best for deal with this type of situation?

Thanks

The thread title suggests a post-apocalyptic world.

The post is a very different question.

Why do you ask?

Not to brow-beat, but you could have posted this question in a travel thread.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Quote: (02-20-2015 04:44 PM)heavy Wrote:  

Thanks

The thread title suggests a post-apocalyptic world.

The post is a very different question.

Why do you ask?

Not to brow-beat, but you could have posted this question in a travel thread.

Yeah sorry about that. I'm asking the question because its a valid one for people that had "bad luck" in life and want to start fresh in another part of the world... thats it..

Are you actually in this situation?

Quote: (02-20-2015 05:32 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

No. But i was wondering today what would happen if the world i know, the world i take for granted collapses for some reason around me, ie family, friends, acquaintances all turn their backs on me. What would i do?? there is a saying that says "Everyone comes alone to this world and dies alone" and that is mostly true for most of us, but what about being totally alone while at the prime of your life?

Quote: (02-20-2015 05:45 PM)vorenus Wrote:  

No. But i was wondering today what would happen if the world i know, the world i take for granted collapses for some reason around me, ie family, friends, acquaintances all turn their backs on me. What would i do?? there is a saying that says "Everyone comes alone to this world and dies alone" and that is mostly true for most of us, but what about being totally alone while at the prime of your life?

I would like to counter your saying by 'worry about that bridge when you cross it'.

^^^Focus on making it not happen, rather than preparing for a day that may never come.

If you are going to impose your will on the world, you must have control over what you believe.

Data Sheet Minneapolis / Data Sheet St. Paul / Data Sheet Northern MN/BWCA / Data Sheet Duluth

Probably take Rooshs advice and go to Poland or Ukraine or something.

Go to Ukraine. Learn Ukrainian. Bang hot blonde sluts.

I would go to Bangkok. It's not my favorite place in the world (but it's up there). I'd find a girlfriend and meet people through her. If you have no friends a good way to meet guy friends is through girls that you bang. Take it from there.

Assuming the passive income was enough, I'd fly straight to somewhere like Thailand and focus 100% on building a Victor Pride spec body, meeting like minded men and expanding my knowledge on what ever takes my fancy at the time.

Of course, such an experience could be documented and I'd find a way to monetize it.

Then, having the body of a gladiator, the mindset of a lion and the social circle of a king, you do what ever the fuck you want.

1. Get a script for testosterone

2. Create an account on all these websites: -- Except the gay one.

[Image: Screenshot_1.png]

3. Figure out which nationality of women you find the most sexy.

4. Move there.

5. Never look back.

Thanks

Since you mentioned Western cities, the one i think i would like start over again in this scenario is New York City.

Make friends

Founding Member of TEAM DOUBLE WRAPPED CONDOMS

Quote: (02-20-2015 05:45 PM)vorenus Wrote:  

I was curious but if not actually doing this my mind ill not make me think it out.

I traveled alone for 3 straight years. Its not easy but it forces you to interact with people and pick up chicks. Not a bad lifestyle at all.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Wherever I ended up at I'd go find a Jiu Jitsu or MMA gym and start training.

I don't know if there is a better way to make friends for an adult than Jiu Jitsu.

This happens a lot by the time you're 50 if you don't have kids in home country. I am only in contact with 4 people I've known more than 5 years, and in a different country than all of them.

Quote: (02-20-2015 10:08 PM)Switch Wrote:  

Make friends

That's not easy at all at 35 years old...

Quote: (02-21-2015 02:59 AM)Spike Wrote:  

I traveled alone for 3 straight years. Its not easy but it forces you to interact with people and pick up chicks. Not a bad lifestyle at all.

Good insight, thanks!

At that age in that situation I'd find a chick to have kids with.

Move to Brazil, Central America, or somewhere in south east Asia. Open a bar/lounge and enjoy life. I am on that path now but I won't be there until 40ish.

35 isn't old bro, enjoy life... you've only got one shot

I'm guessing there's some sort of passive income or you're sitting on a big pool of money, right?

I'd move to a decent sized city in America and open up a male/female segregated gym, or maybe a male only gym. Then I'd leverage the ensuing SJW dickless outrage to market how awesome my gym is, like that barber shop guy I can't remember.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Quote: (02-21-2015 08:56 AM)vorenus Wrote:  

Quote: (02-20-2015 10:08 PM)Switch Wrote:  

Make friends

That's not easy at all at 35 years old...

Man, no offense but you're fucking killing me here with this nonsense.

Are you reading your own writing right now? Do you realize how ridiculous that sentence comes across?

That right there is a cold case example of a limiting belief. Or being caught up in the emotions of your present situation and projecting it as everyone's experience.

Either way, I assure you that I've met 60-year-olds who run circles around me in the friend-making department (I'll bet you have too).

Stop making excuses for your shortcomings and instead seek out ways to change them or compensate for them.

Posting here was a good start, so I don't mean to dissuade you, but c'mon, Man. 35 is most certainly not even close to old and even if it was, this friend thing is just out there.

I have been in your situation before; I'm just trying to offer some perspective because you're blowing it up into something it's not, as us humans tend to do sometimes.

Do you want to take advantage of your location independence to move to a more ideal location? That may solve your problem. But you could just as easily decide to dig some roots in right where you're at and start building a social circle there.

Either way, make a decision so you know how to proceed (it's not like you can't change it later on).

Personally, if I had a healthy location-independent income that could take me anywhere and no current social circle tying me down to a particular spot, I would choose the place that attracted me most (probably with a beach!) and build my home base/social circle there.

You can do ANYTHING Man. Get excited about something. Go try something on for size and see what happens. Preferably with a social life already built into it and boom you killed two birds with one stone.

EDIT: I just caught on to this just being a hypothetical for you. My bad.

But my input still stands.

I've actually faced this situation before. It can get rocky but if a guy maintains perspective, there's always a way to start over somewhere new.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

RioNomad's answer is what I'd go with, but what he mentions is part of a meta-solution. I know b/c I was there at 27, literally 0 friends in a new area and a job I didn't like ( and I worked with a bunch of much older people). All your life, you essentially made friends because you were "part" of something, be it a neighborhood, a school, an after-school activity, etc. When you get out into the real world, being part of something, outside of work, isn't built in the same way it is throughout your life up to that point, so now you have to go seek it out. This is the real tricky part for people. A social life, just like entertainment and opportunities, are no longer simply presented to you at this point, you have to go get them. So you have to be a part of something, some activity or group. Figure out you're interests, and go from there. In all honesty, do just join something to meet people, make sure you it's something you like or are interested in first, that way, you'll make GOOD friends and not simply people to hang out with. I did MMA, and I HIGHLY recommend it as a man. I'm not trying to fight in the UFC, I just like pushing myself physically. And the best part is a lot of the guys you'll meet are 1)confident yet still humble, and 2) red pill ( why they got into it in the first place).

Civilize the mind but make savage the body.