rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

If you could only listen to one other album for the rest of your life.

I came across this question when I was drinking a beer from Deschutes Brewery one day.

On the beer, it had a label near the top asking, "If you could listen to only one album for the rest of your life, what would it be?" Something along those lines.

Immediately for me, without hesitation, it was "Dark Side of the Moon" by Pink Floyd.

I have listened to this album literally hundreds, if not thousands of times. For me, it will never get old. For me, it is near perfection, if perfection. Close seconds are other Floyd albums. This album has brought me pure peace and bliss in times of chaos. No other album can compare for me.

I believe this is a strong question and one worth pondering.

If you could listen to only one album for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?

Music is like pussy.

Any one song or album can get boring and then annoying and drive you crazy if you listen to it too much and only to it.

Stadium Arcadium - Red Hot Chili Peppers

It's got two different CDs with two different feels. It's like being married to two different women.

G

I have literally way too many of these to boil down a single, conclusive choice. One that immediately comes to mind is "Passion - Music for The Last Temptation of Christ" by Peter Gabriel, but that's just today.

"As wolves among sheep we have wandered"

Quote: (02-06-2015 07:11 AM)Mage Wrote:  

Music is like pussy.

Any one song or album can get boring and then annoying and drive you crazy if you listen to it too much and only to it.

I love this analogy.

Quote: (02-06-2015 07:34 AM)UroboricForms Wrote:  

I have literally way too many of these to boil down a single, conclusive choice. One that immediately comes to mind is "Passion - Music for The Last Temptation of Christ" by Peter Gabriel, but that's just today.

Well that was unexpected!
I was a hardcore Peter Gabriel (and early Genesis) fan for many years.
I think I was too young to appreciate 'Passion' when it first came out, but listening back to it again, now that I've more patience and maturity to listen to it's layers and depth, it really is an astounding piece of work.

50 Cent's "Get Rich or Die Tryin". The best album of the 2000s in my opinion or Black Sabbath's "Paranoid".

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Rain Upon the Impure by The Ruins of Beverast

Quote: (02-06-2015 07:47 AM)amity Wrote:  

Quote: (02-06-2015 07:34 AM)UroboricForms Wrote:  

Well that was unexpected!
I was a hardcore Peter Gabriel (and early Genesis) fan for many years.
I think I was too young to appreciate 'Passion' when it first came out, but listening back to it again, now that I've more patience and maturity to listen to it's layers and depth, it really is an astounding piece of work.
I've been a huge fan for as long as I can remember! Proud to say I was raised on that kind of stuff. Everything the guy put out between 1980 and 1992 is absolute gold in my opinion. "So" and "Security" are also among my favourite albums ever made.

A handful more albums that would easily make the cut:
The Sisters of Mercy - Floodland
The Cure - Seventeen Seconds
Meshuggah - Destroy Erase Improve
Joy Division - Closer
New Order - Substance
Death - Individual Thought Patterns
Burzum - Filosofem

"As wolves among sheep we have wandered"

DSOTM is also the first one that came to mind, even though there are others more personally significant to me. As a complete album I don't think it's been surpassed.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

I'd make my own album that would consist of ray charles, johnny cash, rise against, eminem and ugk. Theres always a few songs that I really like and can listen to endlessly from every artist. I've yet to find an album that I can play without skipping once.

“Only a fool learns from his own mistakes. The wise man learns from the mistakes of others.”-Otto von Bismarck

Not an album but I listen to this song almost every day

Either "The Wild the Innocent and the E-Street Shuffle" by Bruce Springsteen, or "Handwritten," by The Gaslight Anthem.

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
Thomas Jefferson

Metallica- Black Album. Every single song on there is good.

A box set of the greatest hits of the 60s [Image: biggrin.gif]

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

"Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs" by Derek and the Dominoes.

Dark side of the moon by Floyd

Second would be Wish YOU WERE HERE

Oh man, that's a tough call.
For a man with eclectic tastes it's difficult to pin down a single genre, let alone one artist and therein one album.

Because it's what I'm listening to at the moment, I'm saying 'No Control' by Bad religion.

Oasis - Definitely Maybe

Electric Ladyland - The Jimi Hendrix Experience

Tool - Lateralus

The Allman brothers live at the filmore east

Jay-Z: Watch the Throne or Bob Marley: Legend Remixed.

Toss up between the following two.

"The Doors"[1967] by The Doors. Perhaps the best debut album of all time [Nas' Illmatic is in second place]. If there was one song to rule them all, it would probably be "The End".

"Exile on Main St" [1972] by The Rolling Stones. The first grunge album? Isn't grunge really just the Blues? Tell me Chris Cornell and Eddie Vetter were'nt inspired by the "unfinished" product that is this album. Perhaps the greatest album of all time. "Rocks Off", "Ventilator Blues", and "Stop Breaking Down" are classics among classics.

You don't get there till you get there

Daft Punk Musique Vol 1