rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Curitiba

Curitiba

Whats up guys. I'm brand new to the forum. Blown away by the advice and discussions. Normally I'm not into online forums and shit, but this is a true gem.

I have the opportunity to stay in Curitiba, Brazil. I was wondering if any of the seasoned travelers on here have ever been there. I understand its in the south, further away from cities like Rio and Fortaleza, but I was hoping that maybe somebody could give me the run down. How is the city itself, the nightlife, the women?

Thanks in advance

Curitiba

bump

Curitiba

Not alot of intel on Curibita. But from what I have gathered its a nice city. Use the search feature on the forum, it will get you some info. If you have the opportunity to stay there GO!

and report back with some up to date data! [Image: smile.gif]

Curitiba

Thanks man!! I used the search, but couldn't find a great deal of info. I know it has some harsh winters, and that it is a completely different vibe from the north.

Curitiba

Welcome on board first of all.
Now, questions for you: do you speak Portuguese? Are you going to work or study there?
Here are some links that talk about Curitiba:
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-725.html

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-1969.h...t=curitiba

That should give you some good info.

Quote: (05-06-2011 02:30 PM)rozayINTL Wrote:  

Whats up guys. I'm brand new to the forum. Blown away by the advice and discussions. Normally I'm not into online forums and shit, but this is a true gem.

I have the opportunity to stay in Curitiba, Brazil. I was wondering if any of the seasoned travelers on here have ever been there. I understand its in the south, further away from cities like Rio and Fortaleza, but I was hoping that maybe somebody could give me the run down. How is the city itself, the nightlife, the women?

Thanks in advance

Curitiba

Thanks for the welcome, it's truly appreciated. I would be going to study there, for a year - with the obvious goals of networking/building connections to stay longer. I grew up in the states, but my family is all from overseas. I have no attachment to the US. I may not have traveled as much as some, but from what I have experienced, the US is not where I want to live or build my future. Also thank you for the links, I will read those now!!

Curitiba

Você fala português?

Curitiba

Curitiba is a biggish city with good restaurants and is close to floripa and balneario which are party cities (not so much during winter time) but as far as brazilian cities go, i wouldn´t recommend it. It´s cold, the nightlife there is subpar, and the people are pretty cold. They do have pretty girls but i would compare them more to argentinian girls than brazilians in terms of attitude. If you have other options in brazil, i would take those.

Curitiba

The only place I've been to in the south of brasil is floripa. I would recommend to go there or you could live in Sao Jose which is on the continent across the bridge from floripa.(10 minute drive) From what I heard cities like Curitiba and Porto Alegre aren't that cool. My friends from SP tell me that Curitiba is a good city to work in. I know someone who just moved there to work and he is from Sao Jose.

Curitiba

Damn, word. I have options for the Catholic University of Pernambuco, University of Fortaleza & also in Argentina I can go to Universidad Nacional de Cuyo. I can do a full year at any of them, the schools in Curitiba are Catholic University of Paraná & Federal University of Paraná -

If any of you guys have had personal experiences with any of these schools, I would be ALL ears. Also I have been told that the Universidad Nacional de Cuyo in Mendoza, is a great place. But I don't know if the opportunities related to my major in school would be as great there.

Curitiba

Also I truly appreciate the help/insights

Curitiba

Man it all depends what type for girls you into and if you can speak the local language. I would choose Pernambuco, Pernambuco is the best city out of all the cities that you mentioned. But if you like dark skin chicks, than Salvador is the place to be.

Curitiba

I second Pernambuco....it is a city that quietly has the best looking females in Brazil imo. Everyone is too busy in Rio/Sao Paolo/Bahia/Curitiba that makes Pernambuco the best kept secret. Alos, a big positive is NO attitude. Women are receptive to game, and sex...unlike Curitiba, where the garotas are cold as ice and you have to work your ass off to get laid. Especially if you are NOT white or Euro looking.

Mixx

Curitiba

Quote: (05-07-2011 03:52 PM)glassjawed Wrote:  

Curitiba is a biggish city with good restaurants and is close to floripa and balneario which are party cities (not so much during winter time) but as far as brazilian cities go, i wouldn´t recommend it. It´s cold, the nightlife there is subpar, and the people are pretty cold. They do have pretty girls but i would compare them more to argentinian girls than brazilians in terms of attitude. If you have other options in brazil, i would take those.

I'm Brazilian and I live in Sao Paulo. I agree with the previous statement about the coldness of the people from Southern States(Including Sao Paulo.).Floripa is my favorite city here in Brazil,due to the amazing scenery and Italian/German looking girls(I like).
So,I would say:
If you like cosmopolitan,well developed cities and Caucasian girls go to Curitiba,Porto Alegre,SP etc.
If you want easier sex/laid back attitude go to Pernanbuco,Bahia,Ceara.Girls there r mostly brown/black-skinned.Very fun and maybe a most valuable/Exotic experience for an American/European guy.(Why visit Curitiba and Sao Paulo?Because life in those cities is quite similar to NY,Chicago etc)

It really comes down to what are u looking for.

At least thats what I see when I visit these places.

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

Curitiba

Quote: (05-09-2011 11:08 AM)Mr.GM Wrote:  

Well, I would assume we are all looking for easy sex based on our foreign status and individual looks/style. Much like your (and mine) Brazilian/Latin status would be in a country like Poland/Slovenia Mr. GM.

I would not travel 8000km to work harder for sex, that's for sure.

So if you are white, go to souther states for easy sex, if you are Latino/Black...then go to Northern states.

I had girls in Brasilia/Cuiaba all over me! Whereas girls in Sao Paulo/Rio were tough to crack! I am talking about the really good looking ones of course.

Mixx

Curitiba

Quote: (05-09-2011 11:08 AM)Mr.GM Wrote:  

Quote: (05-07-2011 03:52 PM)glassjawed Wrote:  

I'm Brazilian and I live in Sao Paulo. I agree with the previous statement about the coldness of the people from Southern States(Including Sao Paulo.).Floripa is my favorite city here in Brazil,due to the amazing scenery and Italian/German looking girls(I like).
So,I would say:
If you like cosmopolitan,well developed cities and Caucasian girls go to Curitiba,Porto Alegre,SP etc.
If you want easier sex/laid back attitude go to Pernanbuco,Bahia,Ceara.Girls there r mostly brown/black-skinned.Very fun and maybe a most valuable/Exotic experience for an American/European guy.(Why visit Curitiba and Sao Paulo?Because life in those cities is quite similar to NY,Chicago etc)

Where can I find "morenas" Eu gosto de gatas como Alessandra Ambrosio, Nelly Furtado; that type obviously I'm not going to find those girls walking on the streets. I like tanned girls with a good ass.

Curitiba

NOt in Curitiba! hahahahaha.
I agree with GM. Girls around here has not much time for themselves and being approached in the middle of the street out of nowhere can be overwelming. Day game only if you are really good on it.
PUCPR is a great place for blondies and Euro type of girl. The city is beautiful, clean... ANd sooo cold! hahahaha

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

Curitiba

Everybody thank you so, so much for the help. this has been massive for me. I will keep all of you updated

Curitiba

First I want to thank Payman/Vacancier for the personal advice/help, thank you man.

Definitely Mixx thanks for the perspective. I have read some of your posts on this forum and I have utmost respect. That’s something I will take into consideration, but my main goal right now is to establish my career. Brazil has been a dream of mine since I was 8 or 9 years old, so there are no doubts about that. Right now I am entering into the final chapter of college in the states. I am double majoring in finance/banking & another finance based major, but I don’t want to get locked down, and then regret not following my dreams. To me it seems Curitiba is the best place to get my foot in the door. I was told by a Brazilian MBA student here that Curitiba is somewhat of a financial hub – so that is one of the biggest reasons for me wanting to go there.

However I will say that I keep my expectations grounded. I don’t expect ANYTHING because of foreign status etc, I do know however that I can prove myself if given the chance. I am sure salaries are lower, and that maybe hours are longer – but I am fine with that. I also know that visas/the paperwork can be a nightmare in Brazil, but I am confident with myself and my experiences, and I try to not be naïve about the situation in general. I am open to any sort of constructive criticisms/recommendations on that front.

If anyone is familiar with the finance or insurance industries in Curitiba, I would be beyond thankful. Also if anyone can give insight on the insurance industry in brazil that helpful as well

Back to the main topic though, the school in Pernambuco is actually in Recife, a city that from descriptions seems very different from Pernambuco. As far as women go, I love em all. However I am not into black girls AS much, I like the latin/brown skin – something that I would imagine is everywhere in brazil? P.s. (I have hooked up with some incredible black/mixed girls. Black girls have bodies that can be out of this world, I'd wife it in a second.. so no discrimination here)

Curitiba

Mrs. Chocolate are you familiar with the schools in Curitiba??? Do you know which school between the Catholic University of Paraná and the Federal University of Paraná is more prestigious/has better quality?

Curitiba

Im not familiar to Curitiba Schools and there is no much need of that. If you do some research, PUC receives a lot of money of the Catholic Church, strong in Brazil and there is another one here my hometown and Campinas also. Plus, governamental schools in the other hand has a lot of prestigius here, way more than most of private schools. People who can pay want to go to public schools, not private. (funny, huh?)
Don't worry both are great places to study and will be a bomb in your resumé. If you are still in doubt in where to go, do a research of who will be your professor in Curriculum Lates (google it).

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

Curitiba

Thank you so much! So you think the public school is a good bet?? I will end up doing a lot more research before I go, and apply to both regardless. & that's a good idea, I will remember that for the future. Do you know much about the style/accent of Portuguese in Curitiba? As opposed to other areas?

Curitiba

Accent? So cute... Bah guria esse piá ai não é meu não!

Curitiba

Lovely accent, beautiful girls. Enjoy your stay...

[Image: wink.gif]

ps: I'm Brazilian

Curitiba

Never been to C. However, some time ago I met a girl from this city. Beautiful, tall, slender, elegant. Really lovely, and not only in terms of looks. Cold approach (street), 10 mins. talk, instant date. She was not at all cold or arrogant or something. My advice: Game the girls of C. just like any other. Try street game.