rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

While I agree that foreign women are generally better than most American women, going the foreign route is not the panacea some men would have you believe.

I just returned from the Philippines a couple of days ago, and my experiences there were not what I was promised.

First of all, there is a myth that Philippine women like much older men. That is not true at all. Virtually all the young, middle class Philippine women I saw walking around in the malls were coupled up with young Philippine men. What does that tell you?
Secondly, unless you are super-attractive, with a chiseled face and strong jawline, women in the Philippines will avoid eye contact with you. They may not be arrogant and bitchy about it, like American women are. They may not have the stuck up attitude, but make no mistake about it, they will still let you know that they don't find you attractive.

So, in conclusion, if you are old and ugly in America, you will be old and ugly in the Philippines. There is no salvation in escaping to some Third World country on the other side of the planet. You cannot buy love, not even in the Philippines. You can only buy sex and pseudo-romance. If that's what you want, fine. But don't delude yourself into thinking that you can circumvent nature's paradigm by simply traveling to a non feminist country. You will be very disillusioned. I myself felt very lonely and isolated in the Philippines. It is a terrible country to meet women. You can't even make friends there. I guess MGTOW and ghosting is the only way.

Get in great shape, date women a bit older.

You need to take a good hard look at your SMV and how to improve it.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

Sounds like you went there expecting a pussy paradise and to have cute young chicks lining up to jump on your dick. Never going to happen unless you put in the work. Also, Travesty makes a good point above your sexual market value. Reading your post, I also think you need to focus on improving your inner game/self-confidence. To start, getting in shape will help both.

How did you try to game them?

OP, never said that he was out of shape he said he was "old and ugly". Unfortunately those are two things that cannot be "cured" unless one were to resort to plastic surgery but the risks IMHO outweigh the pros. Also, I would like to hear what he did to game the women in Philippines and why such low success rate...

Where in the Phils did you go? Were you in Manila or in the Provinces? How long were you there for? How old are you? Was this your first experience traveling abroad and gaming and dating foreign women abroad?

These are all factors that may determine ones experience anywhere in the world. Provide us a bit more info to get a better idea about you and put into perspective your experience.

Quote: (02-02-2015 08:38 PM)Globe-Trotter Wrote:  

So, in conclusion, if you are old and ugly in America, you will be old and ugly in the Philippines.... I guess MGTOW and ghosting is the only way.

Why are your surprised at what you experienced?

Going abroad is a way to maximize your potential...but its NOT a way to magically create value out of thin air.

I know expats in their 20s/30s/early 40s who are average looking but hit the gym, work on their day/night game, and have good careers.

These guys are quite satisfied with the girls they get.

You don't need to be Schwarzenegger....but you need to workout.
You don't need to be rich.....but you need can't be a broke janitor.
You don't need to be a PUA....but you need to be able to hold a basic convo and say hi to some girl in a cafe or bar.

Working on yourself + Western countries = bad dating life
Not working on yourself + Optimum Location = bad dating life
Working on yourself + Optimum Location = Success

Its like someone who is working out all day but eating fast food and ice cream....they won't look good. But you can eat all the chicken breasts and spinach you can hold...if you don't hit the gym you won't gain muscle.

It only works if you combine both.

While I agree that foreign women are generally better than most American women, going the foreign route is not the panacea some men would have you believe.

I just returned from the Philippines a couple of days ago, and my experiences there were not what I was promised.

First of all, there is a myth that Philippine women like much older men. That is not true at all. Virtually all the young, middle class Philippine women I saw walking around in the malls were coupled up with young Philippine men. What does that tell you?
Secondly, unless you are super-attractive, with a chiseled face and strong jawline, women in the Philippines will avoid eye contact with you. They may not be arrogant and bitchy about it, like American women are. They may not have the stuck up attitude, but make no mistake about it, they will still let you know that they don't find you attractive.

So, in conclusion, if you are old and ugly in America, you will be old and ugly in the Philippines. There is no salvation in escaping to some Third World country on the other side of the planet. You cannot buy love, not even in the Philippines. You can only buy sex and pseudo-romance. If that's what you want, fine. But don't delude yourself into thinking that you can circumvent nature's paradigm by simply traveling to a non feminist country. You will be very disillusioned. I myself felt very lonely and isolated in the Philippines. It is a terrible country to meet women. You can't even make friends there. I guess MGTOW and ghosting is the only way.

Reports of failure and negative experiences abroad can be valuable. However, your original post is too vague for any conclusions to be drawn. Providing more details on yourself, your Game, where you stayed, and what your approach was to meeting women will be helpful to elicit a discussion.

You need to work really hard to fuck it up in Philippines but, hey, everything is possible if you really want it.

It sucks because girls avoid eye contact?? Srsly?

Your game?? Your approaches? Your style?

Your post is as empty as a blank page.

Sounds like the problem isn't the Philippines.

There are multiple boards with stories going back years about men having success while visiting there, and those are now supposed to be discredited because one self-admitted "old and ugly" guy couldn't get ass there.

Step your game up.

[Image: troll.gif]

Take care of those titties for me.

Did you try filipinocupid?

Interesting post!

Maybe expand on your experiences a little bit more...such as where exactly in the Philippines where you based? What was your plan of attack? What were you looking for in terms of a relationship?

Sounds like you have a lot of limiting beliefs about your looks. I would work more on your inner game before travelling again. Another country isnt going to remove destructive self thoughts and terrible self image. Suggested reading: your erroneous zones by Dr Wayne w. Dyer

Promised? By whom? You feel like someone here made you a promise? Exactly what was it? I reiterate this claim because it does seem to speak to the fact that you felt entitled to receive something, and maybe not that there was a tradeoff you needed to make, that you had to "earn" it, as difficult or easy as that may have been.

I'm not arguing with your experience, but as a 44 year old (well, 43 when I went there), who hasn't been he most conscientious about working out or fashion (I know the difference, don't always utilize), I had little problem racking up notches. Most of the girls were 19-22 years old, and in the 6-7 range in the Phils (not surprising to those on the ground), of a naturally pleasant disposition, not from wealthy families and entirely acceptable and more for physical comfort and passing the time. No relationship material among them, but the trips were worthwhile nonetheless and pretty darn cheap, even living very well.

I'm not ugly, certainly not by asian girls standards. Nor am I some model/actor type. I'm just a regular guy with projectible intelligence, confidence and well-attuned cultural sensibility. I take the time to deconstruct a culture from observation to the point where I can use that understanding to move an interaction forward in an Asian country (as Asian cultures are further from western norms, you stand out more if you don't act like a foreign barbarian). Most guys roll into a foreign country like the Phils and ignore the culture - try to westernize their interactions if they are westerners. With a combination of confidence and this cultural intelligence, I expect many guys can have a result which more closely approximates mine and less so, yours, and perhaps Onto's (he seemed to be less than satisfied with his experience as well, though Onto, please pitch in if I'm misrepresenting you).

I haven't a chiseled jawline, nor am i super-attractive. I could say the same of the vast majority of guys I met in the Phils who were enjoying themselves there. I received pretty much uninterrupted eye contact (much as I did in China). I didn't find it in the least bit hard to meet women, and the difficult more than anything else came in time management.

Did these women love me? Some of them probably liked the idea of me, or the idea of themselves with me. I never took it to the point to see if something would truly develop longterm, but that was my call, not theirs. I guess if you went there to find your true love, then you'd need to take a different tack then I took. I will tell you that the presumption is that foreigners will hit it and leave and just by debunking that with your own behavior, you'd probably go a long way towards something legitimate from an emotional standpoint. This issue doesn't just exist in the Phils, it exists throughout SE Asia and China as well.

One more question would be - what cities did you visit. I expect that areas where exotic value is highest for foreigners would yield better success. Hanging out in Greenbelt if you're not good looking/no-game, maybe not so much.

You're a fairly new poster. Posting hyperbole in clear contrast to established posters intel may be fine, but prepare to be questioned on your conclusions and to provide detailed information regarding on how you reached them. Until then, its just a troll post.

I've referral links for most credit cards, PM me for them & thanks if you use them
Strip away judeo-christian ethics ingraining sex is dirty/bad & the idea we're taking advantage of these girls disintegrates. Once you've lost that ethical quandary (which it isn't outside religion) then they've no reason to play the victim, you've no reason to feel the rogue. The interaction is to their benefit.
Frequent Travs
Phils SZ China

If you are an "old and ugly" foreigner chasing after young decent looking ass in the Phils, there is a reality you must face. The ass is not going to drop in your lap as you exit the plane or anytime thereafter unless you come out of pocket. You must accept that you are in the provider role. Why is a young decent looking 20 something ever going to be interested in an "old and ugly" guy? He has no value. Unless...he can support her, her family, aunts, neighbors...whatever. You MUST give up something in order to make this a somewhat even trade. She is giving looks and youth for a perceived better quality of life. I was mostly in Cebu and it was clear most of the girls willing to make this trade came from the provinces.

I was in the Phils for 5 months and took a real interest in sorting this out. I was at first in shock at how many old busted dudes were walking hand in hand with decent looking 20 somethings (decent compared to them). I recall thinking the absolute worst 5% (looks) of all retirees / older guys wind up in the phils. It was quite consistent that the guys were out of shape, dressed like clowns, had limited game throughout their lives, etc. These are guys that have remote to zero dating options back in their home countries and go to the Phils looking to trade up to cute 20 somethings. The Phils may have easy ass for younger / better looking guys but this formula simply doesn't work anywhere on earth for "old and ugly". This big of a gap must be bridged by something. A good sense of humor? No. A little something called "money". And in the Phils by comparison to the rest of the world it doesn't take much.

I talked to 6 guys between 56 and 66 that had not been laid for a minimum of 8 years prior to the Phils. They all joked with me that they are not in the Phils because they have money...it is because they don't. But on a pretty small budget they are able to support themselves and a girl 30 years younger looking for a quality of life upgrade (sex trade off understood).

Are the majority of the relationships between older guys and younger girls artificial? I would say yes but of course there are exceptions. Is every older guy in the provider role? If the number is less than 90% I would be shocked.

And lets not lose site of one key point. The second many of these girls can jump on the dick of a young guy they are attracted to they do it in a blink. Many of these guys don't have what they think they have...mainly when they leave the country (endless stories on this that are simply shocking).

Before all the NO NO NOs start, remember in the Phils what seems insignificant to us is life changing for them. I met girls that didn't have sufficient finances to take a jeepney. Lets see...8 pesos...20 cents?

Yes, I actually did meet busted old dudes that couldn't meet girls. After speaking with their twitchy odd asses for ten seconds it was abundantly clear why. Apparently, even among busted old guys there is still a top shelf.

The Phils is all sorts of messed up and I can see why the OP left with this impression. But one must understand before going what they are getting themselves into. If you are a value 1 why would a value 7 ever be interested?

You go somewhere feeling it owes you something then you will never ever win.

You must be willing to put in the same effort whether it's in the Philippines or at a highest end hollywood club.

The difference is you'll get 100 times the result in the more accommodating environments.

But you can't go and try to "make no effort". Girls sniff you think they're cheap and owe you something. Nobody likes that, no matter what country age or gender.

Don't want to make the effort? Go the sponsorship or p4p route.

There's plenty of that for everybody. And it's fine, no shame in that. As opposed to 'going mgtow' by the way, lol.

Quote: (02-03-2015 12:56 AM)Malo Wrote:  

You go somewhere feeling it owes you something then you will never ever win.

You must be willing to put in the same effort whether it's in the Philippines or at a highest end hollywood club.

The difference is you'll get 100 times the result in the more accommodating environments.

But you can't go and try to "make no effort". Girls sniff you think they're cheap and owe you something. Nobody likes that, no matter what country age or gender.

Don't want to make the effort? Go the sponsorship or p4p route.

There's plenty of that for everybody. And it's fine, no shame in that. As opposed to 'going mgtow' by the way, lol.

Malo,
What percent of old guys in the Phils do you think are not sponsors? And I am not talking 43 like Global Entry. He is a fly M-fer compared to the majority of what I posted about. If you are old (60+?) and admittedly not good looking I think it is a difficult hill to climb (non sponsor).

No woman wants to sleep with a fat ugly old guy running around the Philippines because they can't get laid in their home country. They will be doing it for money or because they prefer nice foreigners who don't hit them and abuse them like some local guys do.

There are a lot of ways to overcome bad looks, and it seems that you are expecting handouts. That, or you had the expectation that everyone in the Phils was a 10 and would sit on your dick for fun.

Where in the world does a fat ugly guy get lots of young attractive girls unless he is a multi-millionaire with a personality? There's no such place. A lot of stories about places in SE Asia are basically misrepresenting things. Yeah, you see old dudes with young chicks in Bangkok or Manila but guess what? That's a transaction, not a relationship.

In all these countries like Colombia, Phil, and Thailand a lot of the activity going on is not legit relationships with true middle class chicks. It's guys banging gringo hunters or semi-pros or chicks just looking for a meal ticket and then either knowingly or unknowingly telling stories about it being legit. Just take it all with a grain of salt.

Don't go abroad looking for a miracle. Things are pretty consistent everywhere so if you get X amount of girls in America you'll probably get X amount of girls abroad. The increased success guys who can't get laid in America find abroad is generally attributable to going to a place like Thailand and hanging out with a certain type of girl if you know what I mean.

It's what's known locally as the Philippine Salute....the older guys who put these girls on the firm/payroll "should" know the score....it's a win win situation for both parties

The guys who are switched on will actually be paying the girl to leave in the morning, not stay with him:-)

Quote: (02-02-2015 09:44 PM)TripleG Wrote:  

OP, never said that he was out of shape he said he was "old and ugly". Unfortunately those are two things that cannot be "cured" unless one were to resort to plastic surgery but the risks IMHO outweigh the pros. Also, I would like to hear what he did to game the women in Philippines and why such low success rate...

Actually, I didn't 'game' anyone. I truly expected the women there to come to me. That's the misconception I got from the many forums and blogs I read on the Philippines. The men on some of these forums were raving and ranting on how you have to be nonexistent not to get laid there. Maybe I should have checked the date these were written, because it sounds like they were from 1988.

Quote: (02-03-2015 02:26 AM)nomadicdude Wrote:  

Where in the world does a fat ugly guy get lots of young attractive girls unless he is a multi-millionaire with a personality? There's no such place. A lot of stories about places in SE Asia are basically misrepresenting things. Yeah, you see old dudes with young chicks in Bangkok or Manila but guess what? That's a transaction, not a relationship.

In all these countries like Colombia, Phil, and Thailand a lot of the activity going on is not legit relationships with true middle class chicks. It's guys banging gringo hunters or semi-pros or chicks just looking for a meal ticket and then either knowingly or unknowingly telling stories about it being legit. Just take it all with a grain of salt.

Don't go abroad looking for a miracle. Things are pretty consistent everywhere so if you get X amount of girls in America you'll probably get X amount of girls abroad. The increased success guys who can't get laid in America find abroad is generally attributable to going to a place like Thailand and hanging out with a certain type of girl if you know what I mean.

Yes, exactly.
And, mind you, I am not condemning the Philippines or Philippine women because I didn't get laid there. I am blaming all the idiot Western men who exaggerated and misrepresented how easy it is to get laid in that country.

Quote: (02-03-2015 01:09 AM)elcidcampeador Wrote:  

No woman wants to sleep with a fat ugly old guy running around the Philippines because they can't get laid in their home country. They will be doing it for money or because they prefer nice foreigners who don't hit them and abuse them like some local guys do.

There are a lot of ways to overcome bad looks, and it seems that you are expecting handouts. That, or you had the expectation that everyone in the Phils was a 10 and would sit on your dick for fun.

I think the issue is that the Philippines has changed a lot since American servicemen were stationed there in the early-1990's.
During my trip, I met an older expat from San Diego in Olongapo. He told me that, years ago, girls in Angeles used to come up to you, and you didn't even have to barfine them. Of course, that was his subjective experience, back when he was much younger. Though I think there is some truth to his assertion that the women there used to be a lot better.

I love this thread.

Guys like Fisto and THC are dreamy motherfuckers, almost as dreamy as I am. Most guys won't be able to replicate their success. They are going to do well with women in their home countries, and anywhere else that they go. Don't go abroad, even here to SEA, if you have nothing to offer more than white skin and a pulse, and expect to get anything other than hookers and girls looking for a handout.

Even teenage girls in PI are not thrilled at the prospect of sucking some old, poorly dressed, fat dudes dick. I know people on the internet may think that, but it isn't true. Those girls are looking for support.

Now, if you're a well put together older dude you may have a great time, but if you're not then you are in the same class as the slovenly sex tourists running around and should expect the same type of women.