rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Toronto is officially the best city in the world, according to the Economist

Quote:Quote:

Toronto is the world's best city to live in, according to research looking at a range of factors including safety, cost of living and liveability.

According to analysis carried out by the Economist Intelligence Unit of 36 major cities, Canada's economic powerhouse finished top.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...12681.html

I honestly don't know who comes up with these top lists of cities, but whoever is in charge either does a half-ass research job or has an ulterior motive.

Quote: (02-01-2015 11:59 AM)cooldude898 Wrote:  

I honestly don't know who comes up with these top lists of cities, but whoever is in charge either does a half-ass research job or has an ulterior motive.

Your own article said it was The Economist.

And they list their criteria. Nowhere does it talk about "are girls cunts?"

I agree with the ulterior motive part.

Quote: (02-01-2015 12:33 PM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

Quote: (02-01-2015 11:59 AM)cooldude898 Wrote:  

Your own article said it was The Economist.

And they list their criteria. Nowhere does it talk about "are girls cunts?"

Was more or less referring to the journalists. I'm not sure what 'livability' specifically encompasses, but I hope they're talking about the weather and not the girls...

Those 'liveability' lists often do not take into account either climate or certainly don't girls.

In other words, look for cities somewhere in the middle of such lists.

Meh. On this forum we evaluate cities based upon the quality of their women, but most people don't think like that. This is probably just a synthesis of categories like prosperity, safety, food, entertainment, transportation, parks, etc. I seriously doubt there's some "ulterior motive."

I saw New Orleans on one of these lists once. I grew up there and can tell you the only good thing about New Orleans is the food, the French Quarter and Mardi Gras. It was once the murder capitol of the US but I don't reckon it's worth suffering through a cat-5 hurricane.

Quote: (02-01-2015 01:32 PM)DrewP Wrote:  

I seriously doubt there's some "ulterior motive."

Other than to promote politically correct multiculturalist beta feminist sluts frivorce paradises as the gold standard that the rest of the world should aspire to.

I haven't seen that list but I'm sure you can take any top-10 city on it and chances are it will be a place where:

1. Women feel overly entitled, wear flip-flops, sport tats, get wasted on weekends, sleep around freely, have raspy voices even at 20, major in psychology/communications/gender studies, work in pr/non-profits.

2. Men will lose careers for making an offhand joke comment.

3. Upon divorce, men will pay a half of assets, child support, and a lifetime alimony to their exes.

Any Best Of lists coming from the banking-media cartels side are part of cultural war being fought against unwitting you.

Quote: (02-01-2015 02:33 PM)72 and sunny Wrote:  

Other than to promote politically correct multiculturalist beta feminist sluts frivorce paradises as the gold standard that the rest of the world should aspire to.

I haven't seen that list but I'm sure you can take any top-10 city on it and chances are it will be a place where:

1. Women feel overly entitled, wear flip-flops, sport tats, get wasted on weekends, sleep around freely, have raspy voices even at 20, major in psychology/communications/gender studies, work in pr/non-profits.

3. Upon divorce, men will pay a half of assets, child support, and a lifetime alimony to their exes.

Any Best Of lists coming from the banking-media cartels side are part of cultural war being fought against unwitting you.

More likely explanation: Environments of high prosperity and comfort lead to this type of behavior.

And Until recently they have had the best mayor in the world.

I once lived in a place that a prominent magazine dubbed America's best city for singles. SINGLES. It was one of the worst areas locally for getting strange. The nightlife was a total cockfest, and the bangable girls were mostly unavailable to strangers. Never trust these rankings.

Quote: (02-01-2015 03:41 PM)Basil Ransom Wrote:  

The nightlife was a total cockfest...

Is there anywhere in America where this is not the case?

Quote: (02-01-2015 02:39 PM)DrewP Wrote:  

More likely explanation: Environments of high prosperity and comfort lead to this type of behavior.

Not necessarily. Saudi Arabia and many other gulf countries are well off but I doubt that the descriptions above are applied by the locals.

I once lived in a place that a prominent magazine dubbed America's best city for singles. SINGLES. It was one of the worst areas locally for getting strange. The nightlife was a total cockfest, and the bangable girls were mostly unavailable to strangers. Never trust these rankings.

You mean LA right? [Image: lol.gif]

2015 RVF fantasy football champion

Akula, it was a specific neighborhood within LA... which was much worse than the decent spots in LA. A neighborhood that has the explicit 'weesh' condemnation of G manifesto no less.

Delete

Tokyo is the safest city... can't IMAGINE why

This stuff makes me angry, the city was amazing in the 80s.
Now it is a joke, there is a hidden ulterior motive behind this nonsense.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Denver was touted as the best singles city in America a few timed in the mid 00's. Laughable.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

The question one must ask is what is the ulterior motive? Or is there one at all to begin with?

As a previous poster mentioned, perhaps the gauges they were using to rank the top cities of the world were not related to women/nightlife/approachability of people in general.

Nevertheless, one could argue that it is still deceptive to a large demographic of potential movers who happen to be single. On top of that, these articles seem to be targeted towards younger folks who are more mobile in their lives and are able to pick up and move more easily than settled down people.

Here's the usual target demographic for "best of city" lists..

If it lists a bunch of 2nd or 3rd tier cities with vanilla safe neighborhoods then it's probably targeted towards young first time home owner families and real estate investors.

If it's in the Economist, Wall street Journal, or Forbes then it's for the "upwardly mobile" salary man or woman. Toronto is a mindless office drone city so it fits the bill.

If it's on some AARP or old people's mag/site then it's for wealthy pensioners. This is especially true if Belize, Costa Rica, or some other old people's haven is mentioned.

Not a single one of these lists is for the bachelor professional or location independent income earner. None of these lists give two fucks about our demographic.

The audience is overwhelmingly SWPL types who can't even begin to think outside the box.

Any singles dating list of "best cities" that you see in any mainstream site/magazine will be 100% catered towards women in the wall hitter 30-45 demographic. They won't make that apparent but when you look at the cities they list it becomes pretty obvious.

I remember seeing cities like Seattle, San Francisco, and L.A. regularly on the top of "best cities" for dating. Remember that U.S. chart with the ratio of men/women posted once? Those cities are all sausage fests with horrible ratios.

These rankings and lists don't take into account the quality of women! They are mostly concerned with the standard-of-living in those cities.

Oh yes, I'm so privileged you literally can't even.
Interested in joining the FFL? I tried (and failed).

Quote: (02-01-2015 04:07 PM)Cheetah Wrote:  

Quote: (02-01-2015 02:39 PM)DrewP Wrote:  

Not necessarily. Saudi Arabia and many other gulf countries are well off but I doubt that the descriptions above are applied by the locals.

Fine. Environments of high prosperity and comfort, and some semblance of freedom lead to that type of behavior.

Quote: (02-01-2015 07:41 PM)El Chinito loco Wrote:  

Here's the usual target demographic for "best of city" lists..

If it lists a bunch of 2nd or 3rd tier cities with vanilla safe neighborhoods then it's probably targeted towards young first time home owner families and real estate investors.

If it's in the Economist, Wall street Journal, or Forbes then it's for the "upwardly mobile" salary man or woman. Toronto is a mindless office drone city so it fits the bill.

If it's on some AARP or old people's mag/site then it's for wealthy pensioners. This is especially true if Belize, Costa Rica, or some other old people's haven is mentioned.

Not a single one of these lists is for the bachelor professional or location independent income earner. None of these lists give two fucks about our demographic.

The audience is overwhelmingly SWPL types who can't even begin to think outside the box.

Precisely. Magazines pander to their readership with these kinds of articles. They're not supposed to actually mean anything; they're supposed to make their readers feel good about decisions they've already made and lives they are already living. The readership of the Economist is a kind of third tier Davos Man. They are international, materialist and primarily concerned about their careers and creature comforts, and convenient ability to live their third tier Davos Man lifestyles. They're wealthy, but could not afford to leave their jobs because they spend much of their income on maintaining their lifestyles. Based upon this kind of ranking, I'd say they're firmly within category E3 (with younger members and those from the unfashionable parts of the world in E4, desperately aspiring to E3 level, where they will forever remain).

Without looking at the Economist's rankings of cities, I'd say it would be comprised of the following:

Toronto and Vancouver
Maybe Boston, NYC, DC, plus SF and Chicago also
Melbourne and Sydney, maybe Auckland
London, Paris and Berlin, plus another 3-6 second/third tier European cities (e.g. Vienna, Zurich, Amsterdam)
Tokyo, Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai
Maybe Dubai
A couple of cities that are actually anything but edgy, but don't make the compilers of the list look entirely square and that they can, if necessary, justify as up and coming (so their readership can tell themselves that they "think outside the box"), e.g. Seoul, one random US coastal city such as Charleston (I don't know enough about which random US city would be there, but you get the idea).

Definitely off the list: Latin America, Africa, Eastern Europe, the Middle East (aside from Dubai), most of Asia; i.e. anywhere interesting. The reason for this is primarily that the likelihood of coming in contact with the unwashed masses in such places is simply far too high/unavoidable on a day to day basis.

Again, this is because they've worked out where their readership resides, and reverse engineered it from there so everyone feels the warm fuzzies about their current life trajectories and knows their places in serving first and second tier Davos Men.