rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Young guy lives alone in the woods for two years

"When my parents divorced, I said 'fuck this' and took off."

"If you keep track of time, time will keep track of you."

"In terms of life experience, I'm an old motherfucker."

"I went two years without hardly eating any vegetables."

http://www.vice.com/video/harmony-korine...d-of-cambo

He lived off the earth with basic gear: shotgun, knife, boat, fishing pole.

[Image: clap.gif]

The reason he came back? He got a girl pregnant. He lived in the woods and pretty much bangs the first human female he comes across.

[Image: gamerecognized.gif]

Great clip, I wish it was longer.

Great video. He's living so much closer to the natural human state than 99% of us, yet he's the one considered a freak. I admire him.

Worked with a guy named John.

Traded his blue collar job for a menial white collar one.
He lived in a cabin in the country.
A truck
More guns than the local PD
And a Dog
Lived by himself.

He grew up country/back woods. Served in the military. Also fathered a child, and of course the chick left.

Real dude, one of them kinda guys that would give you the shirt off his back, or shoot you in the back if you crossed him.
Texas is full of em.

John starts a story, "Now you see my brother is the anti-social one, he lives off the land somewhere in East Texas....."

WIA

From the comments:

Sarah Gaggenheimer23 hours ago

What a disgusting racist redneck male. Taking advantage of a woman who was minding her own business camping the woods. I bet she left him because he's abusive and poor. I pretty sure he lives in the woods because he's to stupid to get a job in the real world. I can't say I'm surprised though. Something about the Y chromosome turns what would have been an intelligent rational woman, into a violent raping neanderthal. Before any of you accuse me of anything. 1. I'm not a troll and 2, yes I'm a liberal and a highly educated one at that. I have received a bachelors degree in gender studies from uc berkeley.

[Image: Not-sure-if-serious.jpg]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

He probably only went back into the woods after learning what child support was.

Quote: (01-31-2015 12:20 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Before any of you accuse me of anything. 1. I'm not a troll and 2, yes I'm a liberal and a highly educated one at that. I have received a bachelors degree in gender studies from uc berkeley.

[Image: lol.gif] sounds real educated. Except her guesses are anything but.

From the comments:

What a disgusting racist redneck male. Taking advantage of a woman who was minding her own business camping the woods. I bet she left him because he's abusive and poor. I pretty sure he lives in the woods because he's to stupid to get a job in the real world. I can't say I'm surprised though. Something about the Y chromosome turns what would have been an intelligent rational woman, into a violent raping neanderthal. Before any of you accuse me of anything. 1. I'm not a troll and 2, yes I'm a liberal and a highly educated one at that. I have received a bachelors degree in gender studies from uc berkeley.

sup Tuthmosis

two scoops
two genders
two terms

Quote: (01-31-2015 12:38 PM)Cobra Wrote:  

Before any of you accuse me of anything. 1. I'm not a troll and 2, yes I'm a liberal and a highly educated one at that. I have received a bachelors degree in gender studies from uc berkeley.

[Image: lol.gif] sounds real educated. Except her guesses are anything but.

I just can't believe that they don't know how stupid they sound.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

The ultimate MGTOW.

Incredible. Reminds me of this other excellent VICE profile of a guy (albeit much older) living out in the Alaskan wilderness.

From the comments:

Jesus. What a fucking gem. Assuming it's serious...

Quote:Quote:

2, yes I'm a liberal and a highly educated one at that

...I pretty sure he lives in the woods because he's to stupid to get a job in the real world...

Though not in English, it would seem.

"The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilised community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others...in the part which merely concerns himself, his independence is, of right, absolute." - John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Great story. Lot of lessons here. There's a lot to be said for stripping life down to its essentials. This kid's probably got more practical knowledge than 95% of the people out there today.

I knew guys like this when I worked for a short time in the backwoods of Kentucky.

I wonder what he did for alcohol.

From the comments:

[Image: Not-sure-if-serious.jpg]

Troll. The reference to gender studies from Berkeley is too much of a trope to be serious. At least I hope so.

I remember the first time I laid eyes on her. She was standing in the water bout bellybutton deep. She had a camo bikini top on and she had a bow in her hand.

I think most of us are thinking this:

[Image: attachment.jpg24385]   

But it is the backweeds of Alabama, so the reality probably:

[Image: attachment.jpg24386]   

The net positive we should take from this is that he learned the woods, and utilized them when living at home wasn't an option.

The net negative is he continued to live after adulthood, then got a girl preggers that hates him, and now has escaped back to the swamp.

I know this culture well having come up in it, and just spent some time in Mississippi. If ya'll want to know my uncensored view, I'll post it.

Quote: (01-31-2015 01:41 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

I know this culture well having come up in it, and just spent some time in Mississippi. If ya'll want to know my uncensored view, I'll post it.

do it [Image: banana.gif]

Seeing this young Jeremiah Johnson brings this video to mind:

It's really too bad more parents don't teach their kids how to do the bare essentials for survival:

Start a fire out in the woods with minimal material
Hunt
Trap
Build a shelter
Fish

The real lowpoint is at the end. Whoever produced this made it look like he is a loose cannon with an IQ of 4 and that gun owners are not to be trusted. I'd bet the best parts lay on the cutting room floor.

What??? This isn't a great story.
The kid comes off as a half retarded fool. If you have ever been hunting, or have even a basic knowledge of wilderness survival skills, what he does is not impressive, and in fact he pretty much sucks. He is also heavily dependent on outside inputs and technology. The whole time he was out in the woods, he was probably getting stuff from society at least once a week.
The kind of outdoorsman that impresses me is Glenn Villeneuve, who is featured on Nat Geo's Life Below Zero. He knows his shit, has self discipline, is intelligent, and is an excellent shot with a rifle, and has top notch basic survival skills.
This kid catches cat fish, is too lazy/stupid to know about edible plants/herbs/mushrooms, spends his time stockpiling ammo and worrying about world war 3, knocks up some slut with no plan, can't adjust to society, and goes off to the woods (probably about 1 mile from a road) again to be a half assed delusional survivalist not because he wants to but because he is escaping from the mess he made of his life.

This guy is the real deal:

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/ch...illeneuve/

Glenn Villeneuve moved from Vermont to Alaska in 2000 to pursue his dream of living close to the land, hunting and gathering, in the remote mountains of arctic Alaska. His camp is located on a lake in the Brooks Range, 200 miles north of Fairbanks, and a 60-mile walk from the nearest road. While Glenn enjoys people, isolation comes with the territory; as he can often go longer than four months without seeing another human.

Preferring a simple way of life close to nature, Glenn lives in a one room cabin with no running water. The firewood he cuts with an ax and hand saw is his only fuel for heating and cooking. He uses electricity for only a few items, such as a satellite phone, headlamp, and camera. Traveling on foot and paddled canoe in summer, and by snowshoes in winter, he hunts moose, caribou, sheep, and small game. Glenn fishes in the lake and creeks and gathers wild plants for food. Glenn shares his hunting territory with wolves, which pursue the same game as he does, and he was once charged by a pack of 20.

Glenn values the autonomy that his wilderness lifestyle affords, the competence it demands, and the connection he experiences with the natural world that surrounds him.

"Me llaman el desaparecido
Que cuando llega ya se ha ido
Volando vengo, volando voy
Deprisa deprisa a rumbo perdido"

Quote: (01-31-2015 01:58 PM)VolandoVengoVolandoVoy Wrote:  

What??? This isn't a great story.
The kid comes off as a half retarded fool. If you have ever been hunting, or have even a basic knowledge of wilderness survival skills, what he does is not impressive, and in fact he pretty much sucks. He is also heavily dependent on outside inputs and technology. The whole time he was out in the woods, he was probably getting stuff from society at least once a week.

I think you're taking this too literally. The point isn't how good of a survivalist he is or isn't. Look a little deeper into his spirit.

He has less sanity and/or more balls than I do, that's for sure.

That's really funny. One of my best friends ran off about a decade ago after knocking up a girl and lived in the woods for the majority of several years before semi-rejoining civilization. I run into him every few years now, he still spends a lot of time in the woods. Almost joined him, we had dreams of striking it rich farming, emm, a certain high value cash crop. He never did strike it rich, language and communications skills which were never top notch took a hit but that motherfucker will be one of the ones rebuilding after the proverbial flood. And amazingly enough he still pulls occasionally from what I hear, mostly hippy type chicks of course, but still.

Just because a guy takes advantage of clothes, tannerite and other trappings of civilization don't think for a minute they depend on them, and somebody with a few thousand rounds stored away is going to be doing better than any bowhunter for at least a few years. It's just that when you put a guy like this up against a woman who's been more socialized and expect him to hold his own in a battle of wits he comes up short. This guy also lost his value and uniqueness by coming out of the woods and becoming just another wage slave, the relationship was doomed from the start. Not a life I'd choose anymore but props to the guy, and I wouldn't bet against him when the shit hits the fan, as they say.

I'm impressed he hasn't been killed by a snake! Cottonmouths, copperheads, coral snakes and rattlesnakes...

I wonder where he would get gas for his boat. Siphoning from the locals?

I find it interesting that there is a much greater sense of authentic excitement in this thread about a dude living in the woods for a couple years than in the mind-destroying 19 year old library slut video thread. [Image: wink.gif]

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

Quote: (01-31-2015 03:55 PM)The Lizard of Oz Wrote:  

I find it interesting that there is a much greater sense of authentic excitement in this thread about a dude living in the woods for a couple years than in the mind-destroying 19 year old library slut video thread. [Image: wink.gif]

The thrill of busting a nut in or on a hot 19 year old is as short-lived as they come.

The prospect of unplugging from the manufactured world that has enslaved men provides a much more palpitating thrill.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

I like this motherfucka because he sounds a bit like Johnny Hendricks. Does he have a big left hand as well?

Quote: (01-31-2015 05:00 PM)Veloce Wrote:  

Quote: (01-31-2015 03:55 PM)The Lizard of Oz Wrote:  

The thrill of busting a nut in or on a hot 19 year old is as short-lived as they come.

The prospect of unplugging from the manufactured world that has enslaved men provides a much more palpitating thrill.

"Unplug" from this "manufactured" world that has "enslaved" you and perhaps the relevance of the scare quotes I've used will become very clear to you, very fast.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...