rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Johnny Storm (Human Torch) is Black in the new Fantastic Four Movie

Fox is rebooting Fantastic Four. And they cast a black guy to play the role of Johnny Storm, the biological sibling of the blonde Invisible Woman. Political correctness is at its best.

[Image: Michael-B-Jordan-.jpg]

[Image: article_post_width_michael_b_jordan_huma...=300%2C253]

Kate Mara will be The Invisible Woman, Johnny Storm's Sister
[Image: kate-mara.jpg]

A youtube review:
Quote:Quote:

There's nothing racist in complaining that the human torch is black. Some people just want source material done right... If you want a black superhero then make a static shock movie or watch Hancock, but don't tamper with already existing characters.

I'm surprised Thing is not Mexican. It would be more politically correct. Also Mister Fantastic should have been homosexual.

The rest of the cast
[Image: fantastic-four-reboot-cast-announced.jpg]

Nothing against a black superhero, but they are fucking yet another comic book in the ass just to appeal to the PC audience and the Hollywood PC standards. Isn't this actually insulting for black guys? That makes them just an instrument to appeal to SJWs, an accessory to make a movie politically correct. Take out the character with the whitest personality (for those of you who are familiar with Johnny Storm and his lines, style, his charming narcissist wild-card role in the team) and place a black guy instead. Political correctness, check. Diversity, check. Millions of dollars of profit by nerds who're gonna watch this movie no matter how hard it sucks, check.

you care a lot about race issues in the US for someone who is not even from the country

Is this really going to ruin the movie for you?

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (01-28-2015 05:45 AM)Brian Shima Wrote:  

you care a lot about race issues in the US for someone who is not even from the country

That movie will be shown worldwide, not only in America. The whole world is suffering from American PC notions invading entertainment.

For the really dense:

I'm not gonna watch the movie. I thought it was interesting enough to share. I grew up watching these cartoons, that's why I care. It's shocking to me that they can just make perhaps the whitest character in Marvel black. Just so there will be a minority representative in the cast. I'm annoyed. If nobody else minds, then the thread should be ignored and die.

Hollywood knows that casting that Black guy would could controversy. Everyone is talking about the movie and lots of people will go see it to see if he sucks or not. It's just viral marketing.

My issue is that the all the comic book movies are corny and unoriginal: They have literally decades worth of stories to make movies from with established characters instead of creating new characters and plots. And WNB the Invisible Woman...she's a big step down from Jessica Alba.

Quote: (08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  
...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.

Quote: (01-28-2015 05:48 AM)Suits Wrote:  

Is this really going to ruin the movie for you?

For me this is enough to not pay for this movie.
Also to reduce my personal rating of this movie by one star.

Remember, fox has to remake or 'use' its rights t certain marvel properties...fantastic 4 and x men every couple of years or else they lose the rights to it.

This movie is going to suck, and fox knows it, because they are just doing it to retain the rights. Fox has done it before with the fantastic 4. A movie so hilariously bad its worth watching.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

The only people who really care about these films are kids and nerds. Kids wouldn't know any better unless their parents point it out to them and nerds will make it known at Comic Con and at the theaters.

I know what this appears to be (and ultimately what it is). However, let's not ignore the fact that Michael B. Jordan is an incredibly talented actor, and in my opinion brings a legitimacy to this series that wouldn't be there had they casted someone else. They could've stirred attention for this movie by replacing all four with women (a la Ghostbusters 3), but instead they replaced a white character with a black one, who happens to be a great actor. I think at it's best, this SJW-PC culture can at times tear down some unnecessary racial barriers. Those comics aren't going to change because a black guy is playing the Flaming Torch. But it might pull a new audience because he's in it. I have steered clear of all the superhero movies since i was in middle school, but I will definitely go out and see this because Jordan is in it.

Quote: (01-28-2015 06:24 AM)dads Wrote:  

Michael B. Jordan is an incredibly talented actor, and in my opinion brings a legitimacy to this series that wouldn't be there had they casted someone else.

I have my favorite actors too but that doesn't means I want to see them in roles that are clearly not designed for them even trough I know they are so good that they could pull it off.

Human torch is not a complicated character of great unique depth. There are thousands of white actors who could play him. Everybody who can play a young and cocky daredevil could do it.

Quote: (01-28-2015 06:37 AM)Mage Wrote:  

Quote: (01-28-2015 06:24 AM)dads Wrote:  

Michael B. Jordan is an incredibly talented actor, and in my opinion brings a legitimacy to this series that wouldn't be there had they casted someone else.

I have my favorite actors too but that doesn't means I want to see them in roles that are clearly not designed for them even trough I know they are so good that they could pull it off.

Human torch is not a complicated character of great unique depth. There are thousands of white actors who could play him. Everybody who can play a young and cocky daredevil could do it.
But why NOT mix it up? So many of these superheroes are hilariously one-dimensional. There's been hundreds of millions of pages worth of comics about them. I don't see why people are so loyal to the source material. They aren't making Chris Kyle a vietnamese pansexual post-op tranny. Human Torch isn't real. I don't see how a black guy playing him is in any way a big deal.

Because white actors haven't been cast in non-white roles hundreds of times.

Quote: (01-28-2015 07:02 AM)Enigma Wrote:  

The best being John Wayne as Ghengis Kahn

[Image: 18060-3808.jpg]

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Well if the new Annie movie is any indicator of how well remade movies with black protagonists perform, then the new Fantastic Four movie will go straight to DVD.

Annie (2014) - 28% Rotten Tomatoes
Annie (2014) - 4.9/10 IMDB

Ultimately, the switching up of the genders and races of superheroes just goes to show you that the SJW crowd does not have an ounce of imagination to save their lives. Why not write your own story about an orphan girl who happens to be black? Why not make your own comic book super hero who is a woman? a black man? a tranny? They do not have an original thought in their heads so they just take successful ideas that already exist and try to put their agenda into it.

To be honest, the past Fantastic Four movies sucked ass and I have a feeling this new one will suck ass regardless if the Human Torch is black or white.

Don't worry white Hollywood actors, there will always be a role for you to play in our progressive future... someone has to play the villain. [Image: lol.gif]

Follow me on Twitter

Read my Blog: Fanghorn Forest

I hope this movie have a sex scene with Kate Mara and human torch. Hot hot hot.

New Star Wars hero = black
New James Bond = black
New Human Torch = black

Any more?

I don't have a problem with either of the above in themselves. I can certainly live with Stringer Bell/Idris Elba as Bond.

What I do see as a problem and why people react, is that everyone likes to watch movies to identify with a character and that these are archetypal white characters written by whites.

Why force black characters into these whiter than white roles?

Vanilla Ice playing Django? Brad Pitt as Beverly Hills Cop?

This is black face in reverse. A deliberate attempt to remove positive white characters from the minds of teenagers and young people. There is no co-incidence. It's a deliberate ideology.

Quote: (01-28-2015 06:20 AM)Foolsgo1d Wrote:  

The only people who really care about these films are kids and nerds. Kids wouldn't know any better unless their parents point it out to them and nerds will make it known at Comic Con and at the theaters.

I agree many superhero *movies* are not much more than cash cows. But as someone who grew up reading Marvel and DC Comics *comics* (and still do) it's really irritating to see them succumb to (or even propagate) politically correct pressure like this. These aren't isolated incidents, they are part of a general culture of corruption which has taken over all media. It is actually censorship (since it is implies changing original content).

What's next? Romeo and Julia will be rewritten and Romeo and Julio?

I am all for having superheroes that are from ethnic or other minorities or that have disabilities etc. Not least if that can help raise awareness etc. But why not come up with new superheroes with those characteristics, instead of changing existing ones that have been around for decades? Im sorry but I just don't buy that Human Torch is now black or Green Lantern is gay all of a sudden (to name just a few examples).

I have an obscure blog where I put out an entry about this because I think it's sad and shows a lack of creativity that they have to plagiarize their own work in order to make more money by following the latest whims. It's cringe-worthy how everybody is tripping over themselves to be so politically correct these days. Political correctness is well and truly taking over Western culture.

Quote: (01-28-2015 07:36 AM)berserk Wrote:  

New Star Wars hero = black
New James Bond = black
New Human Torch = black

Any more?

I don't have a problem with either of the above in themselves. I can certainly live with Stringer Bell/Idris Elba as Bond.

What I do see as a problem and why people react, is that everyone likes to watch movies to identify with a character and that these are archetypal white characters written by whites.

Why force black characters into these whiter than white roles?

Vanilla Ice playing Django? Brad Pitt as Beverly Hills Cop?

This is black face in reverse. A deliberate attempt to remove positive white characters from the minds of teenagers and young people. There is no co-incidence. It's a deliberate ideology.

I have to agree with this, I've noticed a sudden implosion of 'white villains' in movies. White men are bad, everyone else is good seems to be a Hollywood theme at the moment.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Quote: (01-28-2015 07:17 AM)Dr. Howard Wrote:  

Quote: (01-28-2015 07:02 AM)Enigma Wrote:  

The best being John Wayne as Ghengis Kahn

[Image: 18060-3808.jpg]

The funny thing is Ghengis Kahn is an actual person, not a fictional character.

As was Moses, an Egyptian played by white Christian Bale in 2014.

Then there's 2013's 47 Ronin remake, which rewrote a historical event so Keanu Reeves could play the lead.

Or 2012's Argo, where Ben Affleck played a real Mexican CIA agent.

But somehow it's a conspiracy against whites when a comic book character is cast with a black actor. Because Johnny Torch is seen as a more positive figure than the Biblical Moses.

I think using Ancient Egyptians as an example won't help you argument. The Pharaoah during Moses time had red hair and fair skin.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Part of the problem with making female comic book characters is that a woman's identity is mostly her relationships. If she suddenly doesn't have a brother in the team then they're going to be hard pressed to make her even somewhat interesting. Movies, especially modern ones, have enough dead weight characters getting screentime.

One of the very few female characters in a movie who I thought was interesting was Clarice Starling from The Silence of the Lambs. And what makes her an actual movie character is the fucked up interplay between her and Hannibal Lecter. She gets information from Lecter about how to tackle the case, then goes out and gets the bad guy. Not many women actually accomplish anything, even in fiction.

I'm sure Wallace from the Wire is going to do great as Johnny Storm but the one losing out here is the Invisible Woman. She's going to be just as boring and forgettable and get just as much irritating screentime as Black Widow. The audience could have been treated to a lot of relatable sibling rivalry and bickering and it could have been played for laughs.

If they're going to go with this angle anyway (adopted brother?) it's just going to look like flirting to anybody who didn't read the comics.

Maybe the OP would feel more at home over at Stormfront? They've got plenty of browns who think they're white.

This kind of topics can only end one way, no one is going to concede. On one hand i can understand why comic book fans who grew up reading the strips would want to keep originality, but you can't argue about the numerous films where white actors have portrayed real historical figures who weren't white. i can name numerous cases of this, but Enigma has given examples.

The bottom line is that the studios will do whatever they feel will make the movie more profitable (isn't this the aim of running a business). If we let trivial things like this get in between forum members, then how much of a community are we really?

Like Dad said, shouldn't we be more outraged at the Ghostbusters complete gender change.

Choose your next witticism carefully Mr Bond, it may be your last.

its really precious seeing your rodent wheel excuses for brains spin endlessly

Quote: (01-28-2015 09:03 AM)Daedmo Wrote:  

Maybe the OP would feel more at home over at Stormfront? They've got plenty of browns who think they're white.

At what point did I say I'm white? And what makes you think Turks are brown? Did you come visit Turkey? Did you meet a lot of Turks to come to that conclusion?