rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Entrepreneurship & Making The Big Cheese

Do any of you guys have any experience with making a business and making "The Big Cheese"?

[Image: What_$100_Million_Dollars_Looks_Like.jpg]

I'm talking million dollar+ level.

If you don't have any personal experience, do you know anyone who started a stellar business and is doing really well for himself right now?

Can you give some information about things you noticed? What kind of industries and services are involved?

Would love to hear some of the stories out there...[Image: fatter.gif]

I am not at the million+ level per/yr/gross, but I highly doubt anyone who is would want to share how they did it, and provide steps to compete against them. If they do, and actually are doing it, I would be surprised.

TD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tzg2ZKkW-tA

It looks like this guy has a big stash. Mixx once posted how he saw him trying to hit on a girl, unsuccessfully. Maybe he should have hit on her while he was doing this kind of thing... that might have gotten her attention!

I know a bunch of young millionaires who made their money in software / internet.

Most of these guys did it by building an online business and getting it acquired by a bigger company, pocketing a nice amount of cash when they sold out.

The tried and tested formula is to spot a need for a product / app / online service and figure out who the potential acquirers could be. That is, which established companies with a history of acquiring teams or products might want to buy what you're making (and your company). Launch your service, build it as a real business and link with people who work at potential acquirers.

It's been said that in the '80s all you had to do was turn up in Silicon Valley and you'd get rich sooner or later. The emerging PC market grew so fast that many of those involved early on made a great deal of money. For every Steve Jobs there are a thousands guys you've never heard of who made big stacks because they got involved early.

That's happening with the internet today, but much faster and with many more opportunities.

Given the choice between a saturated and hugely competitive market (anything that's been around for a long time, that a lot of people are experts in, dominated by a few big players) - and an emerging one where the rules are still being written (internet, mobile) I'll choose the new market any day.

If you read techcrunch.com you'll get a good sense of what's happening with online business.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Caligula is quoting Dennis Felix. Look for industries where investor capital is "loose'.

If you have an above average IQ, have no problem working 100 hours a week for little or nothing for 2+ years, then you can definitely crack 7 figures. If your asking how to do it on this forum your retarded and won't be able to pull it off. Also plan on getting laid less than you otherwise would because your not going to have time to go out and regularly meet women all while your business mindfucks you regularly.

kerouac I feel like you are all over the place, focus your energy on one serious thing at the same time, if not your not gonna make it