rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Style and Clothing Winter 2015

Post up pics of stuff you like, stuff you own, stuff you want to buy, stuff you notice.

[Image: tumblr_nib4ymVdk31qc1ogno1_400.jpg]

There's a lot "flair" in this ensemble meant to get attention or distract, and some sartorial no-no's (the gap between shirt and jacket collar),

but

the most striking thing to me about it is how the jacket/coat fits the dude like it's a tight t-shirt.

Thoughts on the "2nd skin" style suiting?

What else you guys looking at?

WIA

Looking at that, is that not too much? He looks a moneyed dandy and not a serious player.

I was there the day feminism fell...

I am a closet dandy but I find that outfit a bit too over the top.

The shirt is too floral, seems like he has a lot of things going on there.

I do like the jacket and the tie.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

I try to get my fashion ideas from this blog: http://pure-evil.tumblr.com/

Disclaimer

Rarely do I get it right and a lot of the time I play it a lot safer than the outfits depicted. I'm currently living in Coventry in the UK (next door to one of Fox news' no go zones but that's an entirely different subject) and to say the city lacks class is understatement. Wearing a pair of double monk strap shoes is akin to wearing a t-shirt proclaiming "I'm gay" on the chest. When I finally move to London I'll look to properly start filling my wardrobe with accurate depictions of what's listed.

Here's some of the outfits I like for winter:

[Image: tumblr_nhii4y3QNY1tapt7go1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_nhhhlqNbDV1qc1ogno1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_ngohruyIAe1rj2vf4o1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_nf2s3w6ZRz1s7rgijo1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_nawzzryZVx1sdwbr2o1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mxblphl3iN1rmvk6lo1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_nezmlzKLgw1qddfboo1_500.jpg]

Quote: (01-19-2015 03:34 PM)Candlejack Wrote:  

Looking at that, is that not too much? He looks a moneyed dandy and not a serious player.

It's from Pitti Uomo, the semi-annual buyer's convention in Milan.

He's a billboard. But like anything dealing with fashion, it's rarely about the finished product, but the ideas that it represents. Most crazy runway stuff never gets worn in public, but to show the design concepts.

WIA

I've been getting into sweaters more lately, especially the ones with the clasps in the front (or whatever the hell they're called).

I like them to fit snugly.

[Image: attachment.jpg24182]   

Another variation is this:

[Image: attachment.jpg24183]   

Rocking this jacket at the moment. Really like it, great quality.. fits good and looks fresh.

[Image: 2178_dark_brown_l.jpg]

Here's the link if anyone's interested. http://www.danier.com/kerner-convertible...0_cl_10078

Conceived to beat all odds like Las Vegas

in 2015? Same as in 2014...

Awesome

Deus vult!

Wear it like McQueen is an awesome blog. It shows various fashionable males dressed, very well dressed, some of them though I prefer my shirts etc plain with little or no patterns or design unless its a rock patterned t-shirt under a leather jacket.

I was there the day feminism fell...

Cuffed blue jeans and brown boots. A cuff just large enough to be notice, and nothing more.

A classic. A staple. Always in style. Perfect contrast. It's my go to winter look, regardless of what I'm doing.

While not on me right now, here's a visual of my boots and the cuff size:

[Image: attachment.jpg24198]   

I've got an old m65 field jacket that I have been wearing around. My grandpa gave it to me years ago, but I never really wore it until this year.

It looks good with boots and jeans, but the green color is a bitch to match with stuff.

[Image: picture-17.png]

Quote: (01-19-2015 02:34 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

the most striking thing to me about it is how the jacket/coat fits the dude like it's a tight t-shirt.

The jacket is tight, and it also has what is called soft shoulder construction. The soft shoulder is a style which has always been popular with the Ivy League / Trad style of dressing.

Quote: (01-19-2015 05:10 PM)Quintus Curtius Wrote:  

[Image: attachment.jpg24182]

Is that a hood on the back of that? If so, please tell me where I can get one of these. Looks slick.

Got one of these:
[Image: coat_zps68826cab.jpg]
(Stock photo, not me)

RAF greatcoat I picked up cheaply in a vintage store. Made of pure wool, comes past my knees and fits like a glove. I swapped the brass buttons for buffalo horn to make it look more civilian, and so people would stop asking me if I'm in the RAF. Looks great over a suit or a jumper, with shoes or boots. I get the same reactions as I do when wearing a suit, so that's pretty cool.

It weighs about 5kg, so it's amusing to ask people to feel how heavy it is when I get compliments on it.

Quote: (03-05-2016 02:42 PM)SudoRoot Wrote:  
Fuck this shit, I peace out.

My style doesnt change much from year to year.

My shirt colours get a bit deeper (maroon, grey, purple) and my cotton suits go (mostly) away.

I love grey flannel. Its hard to find the right kind, but Burberry has the best flannel I have ever seen. I hear its "coming back" though, so lets see.

I did pick this up this winter. I bought a Fisher pelt from a trapper and I am having a guy make a second collar right now. The original Beaver is great, but its cool to have variety. I might try Marmot or Lynx next year.

[Image: burberry-prorsum-black-fur-collar-wool-coat.jpeg]

Most winter days where I live I dont even wear a jacket. Just a slick cashmere scarf, and some killer leather gloves. Hugo Boss makes my favorites, like something an SS officer would wear. Tumi also used to make a really great spring driving glove, but I have not seen them around in years.

I bought some custom, handmade Chukkas in Sweden a few years ago. They still look brand new and I wear these 80% of the time in winter, unless there is a bunch of snow, then my flannel lined Timberlands with dark denim and a rolled cuff (a la Male Defined). I only wear denim in winter, and only on certain types of days.

Laner - coat is pimp, respect as always.

I have my eye on a covert coat ( Crombie ), you know of any good tailors in Canada?

Pm me if you like.

Our New Blog:

Quote: (01-20-2015 10:58 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

Laner - coat is pimp, respect as always.

I have my eye on a covert coat ( Crombie ), you know of any good tailors in Canada?

Pm me if you like.

Those coats are straight pimp. Good call.

My tailor died this past summer and I have been shopping around for another one. I live on the edge of Chinatown so I have a lot to choose from.

I am dealing with Modern on Pender and D.A Lee on Granville at the moment.

I'm thinking about this one
[Image: 1106058.jpg]

Opinions?

For you guys looking for slick and stylish coats and sweaters I suggest browsing thrift stores in wealthy parts of your city. You can find 200$+ items for 50$ and under which is a huge money saver. These items are in almost new condition. Also you can get them tailored to fit you better if they are just slightly too big for you.

“Only a fool learns from his own mistakes. The wise man learns from the mistakes of others.”-Otto von Bismarck

Laner - that coat looks like it would break the bank.

Reagan - that is a good call.

Our New Blog:

In theory this is good, but in my city there is no chance in hell of finding a good quality coat for $50 at a thrift store. If a guy was perusing the wealthy suburbs of an ageing city then maybe, but not the wealthy inner city thrift stores. There are too many gay students working as sorters that snatch up anything worthwhile and flipping it to hipster thrift stores in cool neighborhoods.

A better option is the luxury consignment shops. But these places are not "that" cheap.

A pair of Ferragamo loafers would be $200.

A Brioni coat would be $1800.

That kind of thing. The upside is most of the guys that buy high quality take amazing care of their clothes so when paired with high quality + respect the things end up looking good for many, many years.

I have heard some great stories about thrift store finds but the time and competition from people who's job it is to find these deals just make it into too much of a lottery.

Bump. Winter is in full effect where I am.