rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Reversing Signs Of Aging In Your Face

I turned forty last year and over the last year or so started noticing that I was looking noticeably older in my face in pictures.

I've always been fairly health conscious but sometimes I slip on taking care of myself, especially when I'm traveling, which I did quite a bit of last year.

I started a new skin care regimen based on a little research and my mom's suggestions, who is a beauty esthetician, about six months ago. At 65, my mom looks about 50 so I trust her advice.

After just a few months of doing the following I started seeing noticeable results in pictures and look much better than I did last year.

1) cut back on alcohol
2) drink lots of water every day
3) eat lots of fruits and vegetables
4) get a microderm abrasion facial every month or so (these are usually about 50 dollars in latin america, maybe a hundred in the states)
5) apply retin a to face nightly (can be bought over counter in mexcio, prescription only in US)
6) work out and excersize regularly
7) get a good night's sleep
8) use a daily facial sea mineral mask every night
9) use a really good lotion called revitalift by loreal in the morning and night
10) meditation or yoga most days

These are just the things I'm doing right now and I've definitely noticed results. THere are lots of other tips and tricks, like botox, fillers, laser facial, radio frequency facials and so on. I'm not quite ready to jump into that stuff yet but might in a few years depending on how I feel about how I'm looking.

I don't think there's any reason to stress too much about getting older as men. There's no reason we can't look good well into our 50s with a good regimen and proper care of our skin and health.

Quote: (01-17-2015 11:53 AM)nomadiam Wrote:  

I turned forty last year and over the last year or so started noticing that I was looking noticeably older in my face in pictures.

I've always been fairly health conscious but sometimes I slip on taking care of myself, especially when I'm traveling, which I did quite a bit of last year.

I started a new skin care regimen based on a little research and my mom's suggestions, who is a beauty esthetician, about six months ago. At 65, my mom looks about 50 so I trust her advice.

After just a few months of doing the following I started seeing noticeable results in pictures and look much better than I did last year.

1) cut back on alcohol
4) get a microderm abrasion facial every month or so (these are usually about 50 dollars in latin america, maybe a hundred in the states)
5) apply retin a to face nightly (can be bought over counter in mexcio, prescription only in US)
9) use a really good lotion called revitalift by loreal in the morning and night

These are just the things I'm doing right now and I've definitely noticed results. THere are lots of other tips and tricks, like botox, fillers, laser facial, radio frequency facials and so on. I'm not quite ready to jump into that stuff yet but might in a few years depending on how I feel about how I'm looking.

I don't think there's any reason to stress too much about getting older as men. There's no reason we can't look good well into our 50s with a good regimen and proper care of our skin and health.

Thanks for the info

Can you recommend something over the counter in the US for a sea mask? How often do you use Reviatlift?

Quote: (01-17-2015 11:57 AM)Dantes Wrote:  

Quote: (01-17-2015 11:53 AM)nomadiam Wrote:  

1) cut back on alcohol

Thanks for the info

Can you recommend something over the counter in the US for a sea mask? How often do you use Reviatlift?

I don't remember the brand I just went to a CVS and found one for like four bucks. I use the revitalift every day, morning and night.

When I was 25, people could not believe that I was beyond 19 and when I was 29, people thought that I was 24. Now that I am in my mid-30s, people correctly guess my age and sometimes guess that I am older!

I think my drinking and partying has caught up with me.

My biggest problem is around the eyes where I have puffy dark rings.

Doesn't L'Oréal have a men's range? Is revitalift part of this range?

Quote: (01-17-2015 01:39 PM)N°6 Wrote:  

When I was 25, people could not believe that I was beyond 19 and when I was 29, people thought that I was 24. Now that I am in my mid-30s, people correctly guess my age and sometimes guess that I am older!

I'm not really sure. I just bought the "revitalift" facial cream, not sure if it's specifically designed for men or not, but seems to work along with the other things I mentioned.

Drinking has been my biggest vice over the years as well, although I don't drink nearly as much as when I was in my twenties. I don't think moderate drinking is bad and there's actually a lot of evidence that moderate consumption of alcohol, wine in particular, is actually good for you. But if you're drinking to the point of being hungover, dehydrated and so on there's no way this can be good for you over time. I try and limit my drinking to three or four a night on nights that I drink.

Retin A.

Cleaned up all my wrinkles from college drinking.

I usually just walk in to the dermatologist and say "I want some retin A"

5 Minutes and I have a prescription

Retinol is the entry level version of Retin A and is OTC. I've been meaning to by some and try it out for some mild laugh lines and forehead creases. I might switch to Retin A later in life as needed, and it might be a good starter choice for guys who already have noticeable lines.

The other product which deserves a mention here is peptide growth factors. You can get cultured natural (extracted from aborted fetuses if that matters to you) growth factors in products made by Neocutis and probably others for $100+/bottle, or the synthetic version EGF1 (rH-Oligopeptide-1) for a fraction of that.

Hyalauronic acid is a buzz word lately but evidence points to it only being effective when injected, not topically.

Only reason I know about this stuff is from skimming some of my sister's magazines over the years, while the men's magazines I used to read while growing up were filled with cheap laughs, sports, and the same photoshopped bimbos every months. Funny how that works.

For those who use Retin-A:

Do you have to apply the stuff for the (seemingly) rest of your life to get the benefits, or can you use it on and off and get the same wrinkle-reduction?

Quote: (01-17-2015 05:38 PM)apoclater Wrote:  

For those who use Retin-A:

Do you have to apply the stuff for the (seemingly) rest of your life to get the benefits, or can you use it on and off and get the same wrinkle-reduction?

For best results you need to use it regularly. It's cheap though, at least in Mexico, a ten dollar tube lasts me over a year. You only need to use a very little bit each application.

Good tips.

But the most effective has been left out:

Botox and filler.

Botox can be used to relax wrinkles most commonly in the following areas:
frown lines (number '11s' between eyes)
crows feet
horizontal forehead lines

Filler (typically hyaluronic acid) is an injection which lasts approximately a year and replaces lost volume that has occurred with aging. Very safe.

While both of the above give many people images of plastic looking people/celebrities, appropriate amounts administered by astute physicians are the most effective anti aging treatments out there. The results are instantaneous in the case of filler and within 1 week with botox.

While men age better than women, be certain every hollywood celeb is doing both of the above.

I recently saw Kevin Bacon in NYC...looked in his 40s but google confirmed dude is mid 50s. Guaranteed he is doing both the above. He looked very natural.

So see 3 dermatologists and get some opinions...if you are hearing consistent recommendations, go ahead and try it.

BoTox lasts 3-6 months.

Quote: (01-17-2015 08:02 PM)Kaizen Wrote:  

Good tips.

But the most effective has been left out:

Botox and filler.

Botox can be used to relax wrinkles most commonly in the following areas:
frown lines (number '11s' between eyes)
crows feet
horizontal forehead lines

Filler (typically hyaluronic acid) is an injection which lasts approximately a year and replaces lost volume that has occurred with aging. Very safe.

While both of the above give many people images of plastic looking people/celebrities, appropriate amounts administered by astute physicians are the most effective anti aging treatments out there. The results are instantaneous in the case of filler and within 1 week with botox.

While men age better than women, be certain every hollywood celeb is doing both of the above.

I recently saw Kevin Bacon in NYC...looked in his 40s but google confirmed dude is mid 50s. Guaranteed he is doing both the above. He looked very natural.

So see 3 dermatologists and get some opinions...if you are hearing consistent recommendations, go ahead and try it.

BoTox lasts 3-6 months.

Be careful on the Botox- I have seen friends with generally poor results. Have yet to see anyone look younger or noticeably better in a good way from the treatment. In my view the loss of movement makes the face look more noticeably strange rather than younger.

I would say keep your skin in as good condition as possible.

Laser facials and chemical peels are another option.

Would be interested to know what the top hollywood guys do. Pitt Cruise Depp are all 50 plus but all seem to look young for their ages and can still move their face. Obviously they have great genetics but I wonder what else.

Keep out of the sun. Sunscreen all the time, hat whenever it's sunny out. A lot of guys aren't willing to do this, but if you want to be 50+ and pulling girls half your age, it's worth it.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Good looking loser did a series of articles relevant to this thread which discussed skin care and aging. http://www.gll-getalife.com/get-style/skin-care-guide

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

I think fatness is important too.
Young people tend to be skinnier than old people, so by association, soft facial features will look older.
Also, that facial fat is extra weight upon your skin, constantly pulling it downwards. I'm guessing, but haven't researched it, that lean people will wrinkle slower than fat people.

I can't say enough about how quitting booze took years off my life. It's really unreal.

I remember I wasn't even 30 yet and some guy saying he'd thought I was in my 40s.

Now I'm 33 and people often say I look 25.

Losing weight the first time I quit drinking had a lot to do with it too. I dropped a shitload of pounds, and when I jumped off the wagon for 9 months, I didn't look quite as old and haggard because I didn't put the weight all the way back on. The difference after 4 months of being sober again is still pretty stark though.

I'll also venture that the fact that you even mentioned to cut back on alcohol (top of the list, no less) probably means you already know you're consuming too much of it. If that hunch is right, it may very well be your #1 leverage point at 40.

If what you're doing now is working, though, good on you. And I do agree that a man can afford to look a bit aged.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

^ I noted that you already cut back on the juice. I read your post wrong at first but too late to edit.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

I believe genetics is 95% of the battle, everyone in my family looks good or younger for their age. I drink everty week end, stay in the sun for hours and used drugs heavily in younger years yet I still look much younger. Also white skin ages horribly for the most part

I think drinking on it's own has a nasty effect if you do it hard. One of my friends was born about a month later than me but he looks his age or older, while I'm able to pass off as being 26 or younger while we're both early 30s. The trick was I never touched alcohol hardly at all and still don't really drink that often. Problem is once you've fucked up there's no going back. Same thing happens with chicks.

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

I inject botox into very frail patients for non cosmetic, reasons (ie spasm)

Is very safe

And cosmo botox is easy

yeah retin a is the shit (tretinion) you need the script version over the counter will do nothing. it is a pain to use though as you can not get sun on your face the next day/s. it is also very strong, your skin will peel, go red and be very dry at first. It is very good but many ppl would not have the commitment to use it properly i think. I also dont see how you could use it if you work outdoors.

Quote: (01-17-2015 01:39 PM)N°6 Wrote:  

If you get out in the sun and get some color it'll hide the dark circles. As for puffiness cut down on the salt. If you flush your body of all the bad stuff you'll look healthier.

Team Nachos

Does anybody have any tips for dark circles around the eyes?

Specifically, products, if applicable.

I get enough sleep at the moment.

What other forum could you ask a bunch of (straight) gentlemen about facial fillers and get an honest response? I love this place.

You need to use sunscreen daily, without fail, if you use tretinoin (retin-a) Otherwise you will have the opposite effect; you will look older.
Looking at replies from people on realself, most people seem to say you lose the results after you stop using it, after about a year.

I've heard of using micro fat grafting as opposed to fillers to replace the lost fat volume that you lose as you age, and to fill in wrinkle lines around the eyes, etc. It might be something that you could get done in Thailand.

Quote: (01-17-2015 08:19 PM)RawGod Wrote:  

Keep out of the sun. Sunscreen all the time, hat whenever it's sunny out. A lot of guys aren't willing to do this, but if you want to be 50+ and pulling girls half your age, it's worth it.

This. Exposure to the sun is the number one cause of premature aging. Unfortunately, a lot of people don't realize this and as a result neglect using sunscreen and methods(wearing hats, sunglasses, protective clothing) to reduce their exposure to the sun. I don't care what your skin care regimen is - if you don't wear a broad spectrum sunscreen or a moisturizer with sunscreen in it, you won't get the results you want.

Quote: (01-19-2015 09:06 AM)Noir Wrote:  

Does anybody have any tips for dark circles around the eyes?

Specifically, products, if applicable.

I get enough sleep at the moment.

Noir, perhaps try some castor oil(cold-pressed) or coconut oil around your eyes and along the sides of your eyes. Smile, remember where your smile lines are and rub that stuff on this area too.
Apply usually before bed and in the morning after shower and lotion as a "sealer" before you walk out for the day.