rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What opinion do you have of Michael Savage?

AKA Mister Borders Language Culture

"Believe in your FLYNESS ...
... conquer your shyness"
- Kanye Omari West

Based on his wikipedia page, and having seen him on /pol/ last few days (Hebdo shooting info, free of PC crap) in good terms despite being Jewish, I think he is correct. At least about borders, language, and culture

I started listening to him about 2 months ago. I don't always agree with him and his methods bother me at times. However, I find him to be extremely intelligent, and he comes prepared.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

I used to listen to him years ago just for the entertainment value. His anger and attacks on prominent leftist figures sometimes had me in tears. I don't support his flavor of firebrand populist conservatism. He's right about some things, but he's not my guy, though very interesting to listen to sometimes. I'll give him credit though for being somewhat independent minded and not being afraid to go against the party line and criticize George Bush. From what I remembered he was pro-environment and in favor of hiking the minimum wage. The guys is very sharp on his feet too.

Kinda hilarious that he's like the most conservative and anti-gay talk show host there is living in San Francisco of all places. No wonder he's so damn angry!

Quote: (01-15-2015 12:07 AM)teh_skeeze Wrote:  

I started listening to him about 2 months ago. I don't always agree with him and his methods bother me at times. However, I find him to be extremely intelligent, and he comes prepared.

I take he is intentionally provocative?

My honest opinion of him.

I think he's a racist, radical right-wing extremist with very mentally deranged views. He's even too radical for Fox News to have on the air. He makes millions of dollars by pandering and placating that type of audience and selling white racial fears of minorities. Truly a despicable human being indeed.

Although he is very talented, well-spoken, and very intelligent. I don't like that he angrily bullies his callers and rants whenever someone challenges his viewpoint. Hell, contrast that with Rush Limbaugh, at least he's nice and respectful.

Classic Savage:

I disagree with him on a lot, but I find him to be the most entertaining and engaging person on the radio.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Who?

Quote: (01-15-2015 12:19 AM)GeroMeroHero Wrote:  

Quote: (01-15-2015 12:07 AM)teh_skeeze Wrote:  

I take he is intentionally provocative?

[Image: 1595550062.jpg.jpg]

- Kanye Omari West

Quote: (01-15-2015 12:40 AM)alexdagr81 Wrote:  

Who?

Conservative radio goes like this:

Rush
Hannity
Savage

Savage has started dominating Hannity in key markets since last year.

- Kanye Omari West

I think he's hilarious like Speakeasy mentioned. When I am watching TV or listening to the radio, I want to be entertained.

After reading MidWests opinion of him I think I like him already.

He's on after Rush here in Dork Central (DC) and his rants are inline with what's is discussed here on the regular. So i don't see what about him that gents here disagree with.[Image: dodgy.gif]

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"

Quote: (01-15-2015 12:57 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

That makes two of us.

I enjoy hearing his meltdowns in the radio. He's very entertaining and funny to say the least. There's nothing I like more than hearing an old racist like Savage whine, cry and rant about how minorities are "ruining" the country. I find it hilarious.

Every time there is a major race event (Ferguson for example). I get back from work, get a bag of popcorn and tune into Michael Savage and see what he's up to next.

Pure entertainment.

Quote: (01-15-2015 01:41 AM)MidWest Wrote:  

Quote: (01-15-2015 12:57 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

That makes two of us.

I enjoy hearing his meltdowns in the radio. He's very entertaining and funny to say the least. There's nothing I like more than hearing an old racist like Savage whine, cry and rant about how minorities are "ruining" the country. I find it hilarious.

Every time there is a major race event (Ferguson for example). I get back from work, get a bag of popcorn and tune into Michael Savage and see what he's up to next.

Pure entertainment.
Aren't about 90% of interracial crimes in the US against whites? The crime and victimization surveys by the fbi stopped publishing racial data when people started making a stink about this. Either 2010 or 2012 was the last time

Massive assclown who discredits true, intelligent conservatives by association.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Another Vietnam-era draft dodger who's now a staunch right-winger and warmonger.

I've listened to him and wondered if he was insane. But most likely he's just another clown in it for the money.

Extremely entertaining. I listen to him about 30 minutes every day on my drive home from work. He can be damn funny at times. A mix of a non-PC Rush Limbaugh with a professional wrestler with a old story teller. Entertaining show.

His views are extremely conservative and believes in things I don't personally agree with, like the war on drugs. But it is refreshing to hear someone who isn't PC, because he doesn't have to pander to voters or pander to large corporate sponsors. And IMO, that is the reason his show is by far the most popular talk show on radio. People are sick of the PC nonsense.

Also the fact he calls out both parties is refreshing and brings stories to the nation that no one else will cover. Such as Feinstein's husband making millions off govt. contracts or how the Republican party sold Allen West up the creek because he wouldn't bow down to John Boehner.

I find him entertaining and very humorous as well! I love listening to the show. He is very quick witted and smart, and you can tell he does his homework on current affairs as well.

The main problem I have with him is that he's a bit of an extremist. I know it's his shtick, and that's why it gains him such an audience, but I don't trust an extremist on any issue.

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic

Quote: (01-14-2015 11:31 PM)enderilluminatus Wrote:  

What opinion do you have of Michael Savage? AKA Mister Borders Language Culture

Why not listen to the man yourself and make up your own mind?

I've listened to him for dozens of hours. I find him fascinating, even if I don't always agree with him. I was curious what this forum thought.

- Kanye Omari West

Quote:Quote:

think he's a racist, radical right-wing extremist with very mentally deranged views. He's even too radical for Fox News to have on the air. He makes millions of dollars by pandering and placating that type of audience and selling white racial fears of minorities. Truly a despicable human being indeed.

MidWest I often thought Scorpion and others were excessively harsh on you for your views but now I see why. Did you copy this from the Huffington Post or was it original?

I had the chance to meet Michael Savage at the airport one time. I was passing through after Basic in uniform and he came up and thanked me. I don't agree with all of his views (I had listened to him previously on XM radio) but he was a nice guy, very intelligent, and as others said, he can think quickly on his feet.

However I do think he's someone reinforcing the two-party "cheer for your team no matter what!" narrative.

He's an eccentric. He says a lot of the right things, but I'm not sure what he actually believes. Regardless, his stories about his youth and past are like taking a glimpse into a whole other world and I used to enjoy listening to them.

I haven't listened to him in years, though. I stopped listening to right-wing radio and watching cable news a long time ago.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

Quote: (01-15-2015 03:59 AM)Sp5 Wrote:  

Another Vietnam-era draft dodger who's now a staunch right-winger and warmonger.

I know a bunch of older right-wing warmongers who served in the military and some even in Vietnam. Them having that experience doesn't magically give them more credibility.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

I disagree Wastelander. I fucking HATE War Hawks. They always want to send in the troops, but they've never raised their right hand and sworn the oath.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine