rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Art places and artsy girls

Yesterday, I hit up some artsy bookstores and stores to check out the scene. I definetly stood out and had girls looking at me funny. I managed to grab about 10 flyers for some art shows in the next 2 weeks and fucking one of these girls at a show is my next mission. Is there a different approach to use with these kind of girls? Anyone have some experience with this shit? It'll be real helpful if someone can break it down for someone with no experience in this field. I noticed these girls are A LOT more friendly than your average hoe.

I go to a lot of local art events in my city. Artsy girls can be as judgmental and pretentious as any other girl, just in a different way. Instead of your status being based on what you drive and whether you order bottle service, an artsy girl might judge you on what bands you listen to, your style, whether you are into that ironic hipster sense of humor, or how much you admire Banksy and Basquiat.

These type of girls are universally liberal and feminist and tend to have a strong aversion to guys who act macho and aggressive. An Affliction-wearing douchebag is like cryptonite to an artsy girl so hopefully you don't look anything like that. If you read the travel forum and see the descriptions of Scandinavian women, the temperament seems the same. The "outgoing beta" type of guy is what those girls gravitate to. And of course never say anything homophobic or outwardly sexist around them if you want any luck with those girls.

I don't think I'll have any luck if they like the outgoing beta guy.

Speakeasy made some good points... although I'm sure you could argue most of it applies to any university educated girl. I doubt any Affliction/Ed Hardy wearing guys are pulling any University educated girls. I went to an arts school for my undergrad and my masters. It was actually the reason my game improved so much since HS... Classes of 30-50ppl with only 4 other guys (2 of which were usually gay and the other 2 usually being weird emo kids) made it pretty easy. They do gravitate towards the outgoing beta type but its only because those guys outshine the competition most of the time in their lame ass social circle.

If you don't know a lot about the art scene don't pretend you do, these girls will find out pretty quick and you'll look like an idiot. Tell them an ex girlfriend turned you on to the arts and you're trying to find out more, or that you are interested in some artist and looking to find some similar works by other artists. I've never been to an opening that didn't have lots of wine or imported beer so everyone is in a good mood and opening is easy. Its usually free too, so thats a nice bonus. Play it cool and ask questions about the work at the opening to get the conversation started. You can usually find out how artsy she is right away from this convo. A lot of girls at openings just get dragged there with their friends and they might be equally clueless about art too, so you can just start ripping on all the works together. Try to venue change from the gallery to a near by wine bar or some dive, and just game them like you would any other girl. Most of them are pretty hard drinkers too. Artsy chicks are all freaks in bed so just go to town on them at the end of the night Hahaha

Maybe try to make sure you know one artist fairly well so you can try to show you are interested in getting to know more. Make sure its not Van Gogh or some equally well known artist that everyone knows and loves. It's like telling someone that loves Hip Hop that your favourite artist is Jay-Z. Ya Hov is sick but telling someone you like Wu, Gangstarr, or Pete Rock gives you more props. In fine art its the opposite of music, with modern art at the top of the hierarchy.

Appreciate it everyone. I'm going to act like I'm actually interested in art but clueless about it.

So this is niche I am particularly fond of. Art girls are fucking freaks and really really addictive. Once you get past the pretentious exterior you are treated to treasure trove of insecurity and desire to please.

Ive fucked at least one girl who worked at each of the three pillars of the Houston art scene. My ex-girlfriend worked at the Museum of Fine Arts, and I fucked interns working at both the Contemporary Arts Museum and the Menil. So i had some unique advantages because my dad is an artist and an architect so i've had a lot of this knowledge drilled into me since birth. Im also well traveled and seen many of the great museums of the world, The MET, Louvre, Prado, Hermitage and many others. It was instant DHV and almost always had girls giving me all kinds of IOI's. Of all subsets of girls ive ever come across, art girls are the MOST INSECURE and are in constant fear of being shunned by their peers. There biggest fear is of doing something too conventional or pedestrian and coming off as not cool to their friends. This is the most important thing to keep in mind when gaming these chicks. That being said you don't need a scarf and a mustache, just some calibration and frame control.

I agree with a lot of what speakeasy said and my first impression with girls of this ilk was that i was going to have to be "outgoing beta" to get them. After some serious trial and error though I found I could be just as alpha just calibrated a little differently. The trick is, maintain the frame that you are the true art lover you are the one who is edgy and unconventional and it is she who is stuck in the mundanity and constriction of the typical museum and cocktail art world. You are long past and far above needing to fly your freak flag by wearing hipster clothing. Make her feel like the conventional one, your the one who's interests are much too diverse to be contained in any idiom so narrow as her love of modernist painting (or whatever it may be). With this frame you can be as alpha as you want, and they will love you for it and get wet just thinking about you. These girls want to get fucked by a real man as much as any other female. They just don't want to get fucked by a frat kid wearing an Ed Hardy t-shirt, or Joe from Accounting who eats every thursday at Applebee's.

You have to realize as well these girls are by and large charlatans. They are suburbanites who want everyone to believe they have the unique artist voice of a Van Gogh if only the world could understand them. Its really strange because they do all seem like feminazis at first but they really not. I would actually argue that deep down these girls understand the superiority of men more than a lot of other women, as male superiority in creativity and ingenuity manifests itself at the highest levels of art all the time. Unless they are a lesbian, deep down these girls know they cant be Picasso so they will settle for getting fucked by him. (not that you have to be artist in any typical sense you just have to exude that you think like one)

Learn a little about an obscure artist or even more ideally learn about some art form on the fringes of the mainstream art world, like glass blowing or some shit like that. Calibrate down the alpha-ness in your approaches and try to interest them in your approach to art, which should be broader and more worldly than their own. Once you have some headway start turning the alpha-ness up and drop hints that you have hobbies outside of her world. Once you break past the pretension shield, you can be very direct about sex.

Good Luck

Quote: (05-04-2011 02:49 PM)Htownanddown Wrote:  

So this is niche I am particularly fond of. Art girls are fucking freaks and really really addictive. Once you get past the pretentious exterior you are treated to treasure trove of insecurity and desire to please.

You have to realize as well these girls are by and large charlatans. They are suburbanites who want everyone to believe they have the unique artist voice of a Van Gogh if only the world could understand them. Its really strange because they do all seem like feminazis at first but they really not. I would actually argue that deep down these girls understand the superiority of men more than a lot of other women, as male superiority in creativity and ingenuity manifests itself at the highest levels of art all the time. Unless they are a lesbian, deep down these girls know they cant be Picasso so they will settle for getting fucked by him. (not that you have to be artist in any typical sense you just have to exude that you think like one)

Learn a little about an obscure artist or even more ideally learn about some art form on the fringes of the mainstream art world, like glass blowing or some shit like that. Calibrate down the alpha-ness in your approaches and try to interest them in your approach to art, which should be broader and more worldly than their own. Once you have some headway start turning the alpha-ness up and drop hints that you have hobbies outside of her world. Once you break past the pretension shield, you can be very direct about sex.

Good Luck

I agree with much of this. This is a demographic I'm also partial to.

I've never toned down my game for artsy or hipster girls merely because they usually go for "outgoing betas" and weaksters. I project a strong, manly vibe, tempered by some pretty deep cultured-and-schooled bona fides. I often drop some straight "sexism" in the first five minutes of the conversation to make it clear that I'm not their average hipster just because I'm wearing a cardigan and dark-rimmed glasses.

In a recent exchange, I was explaining, in great detail, to a group of these types--who bordered on feminists--why girls are not good drivers. They were livid, but at the same time loving (on me). It's like they hate you so much they want to fuck you. It's an amazing feeling once you learn to strike the tone just right.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

N Thanks y'all, some great advice in here. The only thing I'm predicting might hurt me is my look. I look completely opposite than what I know these girls are used to talking to and fucking. I have a feeling these hoes are real judgemental but we'll see. I've tried to talk to the artsy girls that play instruments and write poetry in the past and been shut down right away because I don't dress like all those female looking fags they're with.

Htown - what museums/places do u recommend?

Any success Houston?

I've been busy but I hit up an art show a few weeks ago. All the girls were with guys so I just got some free drinks and left.

A female family member is into the art scene and all that shit down here. She won't really introduce me to any girls because she's known them for years and says they won't like me! I met a few of her friends this weekend and we ended up chilling with one most of the day. To bad her bf was there.

I've concluded from the interaction that my look might be an asset. I don't look like I belong in an art studio or a cafe and surprised the girl when I asked about a painting in her living room. She gave me a minute long speech about what it symbolizes then gave me a weird look and asked "are you into art? I never would of guessed". I also commented on a cult movie , Gummo, she had laying out. Ended up talking about some non mainstream movies for about 5 minutes. I acted like some stupid book she had with pictures of fetises and body parts was original and artistic. These girls are very gullible! It seems like half the batle would be making sure they know you're into some artsy, underground shit and presenting yourself as an inteligent guy. Everything in this thread makes sense about them.

VK had a blog about surprising a girl by not having the type of personality they would've guessed. I think with the types of girls you're describing the "real" battle is listening to their mindless babble about shit they think makes them sound "intellectual". I'd wager as soon as you cut through all that you'll get your bang. There's a couple art shows/things coming up in my area, so I'm going to check this scene out again.

CJ go for it man. Some more people on here need to verify but it definetly seems like you need to let it be known about some underground shit you like if you don't look like those artsy faggots they're always with.

What does everyone think about the non artsy look working out to your advantage? I figured it would hurt but I'm having second thoughts now

Quote: (06-06-2011 01:45 PM)CJ Wrote:  

VK had a blog about surprising a girl by not having the type of personality they would've guessed. I think with the types of girls you're describing the "real" battle is listening to their mindless babble about shit they think makes them sound "intellectual". I'd wager as soon as you cut through all that you'll get your bang. There's a couple art shows/things coming up in my area, so I'm going to check this scene out again.

CJ can you post the Link to VK's blog or PM me.

Thanks and happy hunting.......

"Timidity is dangerous, Better to enter with boldness. Any mistakes you commit through audacity are easily corrected with more audacity." (Robert Greene)

I have lots of friends who are the artsy type, and I don't think they really go for betas any more than anything else, if anything they're more into being taken advantage of by guys than club sluts.

Just their definition of alpha would be some aloof heroin addict who truly doesn't care about them, or someone higher up in the art community.

Exactly. Contrast game, it's powerful stuff.

Roissy did a great post on it: http://roissy.wordpress.com/2010/05/12/c...t-is-king/

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Quote: (06-08-2011 11:49 AM)Caligula Wrote:  

Exactly. Contrast game, it's powerful stuff.

Roissy did a great post on it: http://roissy.wordpress.com/2010/05/12/c...t-is-king/
I never thought about it like this....

Quote: (06-08-2011 10:12 AM)docsedated Wrote:  

Here's the VK entry I was referring to:

http://vksempireofdirt.com/?p=1454

Quote: (06-08-2011 01:33 PM)CJ Wrote:  

Quote: (06-08-2011 10:12 AM)docsedated Wrote:  

Here's the VK entry I was referring to:

http://vksempireofdirt.com/?p=1454
Basically, just be yourself. Never heard of this VK guy

I didn't know whether to put this video in here or my Hipster girls thread. It's somewhere in the middle. I don't think hipsters go to art shows but I see Where's Waldo glasses in the audience so I don't know.

Here's the Hipster thread if you've never seen it
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-7823.html

Thanks for reviving this thread Houston-a lot of guys might not have seen it and artsy girls are a great niche

This guy knew what he was talking about:

Quote:Quote:

Htownanddown Offline
Male Feminist

RE: Art places and artsy girls

Ive fucked at least one girl who worked at each of the three pillars of the Houston art scene. My ex-girlfriend worked at the Museum of Fine Arts, and I fucked interns working at both the Contemporary Arts Museum and the Menil. So i had some unique advantages because my dad is an artist and an architect so i've had a lot of this knowledge drilled into me since birth. Im also well traveled and seen many of the great museums of the world, The MET, Louvre, Prado, Hermitage and many others. It was instant DHV and almost always had girls giving me all kinds of IOI's. Of all subsets of girls ive ever come across, art girls are the MOST INSECURE and are in constant fear of being shunned by their peers. There biggest fear is of doing something too conventional or pedestrian and coming off as not cool to their friends. This is the most important thing to keep in mind when gaming these chicks. That being said you don't need a scarf and a mustache, just some calibration and frame control.

I agree with a lot of what speakeasy said and my first impression with girls of this ilk was that i was going to have to be "outgoing beta" to get them. After some serious trial and error though I found I could be just as alpha just calibrated a little differently. The trick is, maintain the frame that you are the true art lover you are the one who is edgy and unconventional and it is she who is stuck in the mundanity and constriction of the typical museum and cocktail art world. You are long past and far above needing to fly your freak flag by wearing hipster clothing. Make her feel like the conventional one, your the one who's interests are much too diverse to be contained in any idiom so narrow as her love of modernist painting (or whatever it may be). With this frame you can be as alpha as you want, and they will love you for it and get wet just thinking about you. These girls want to get fucked by a real man as much as any other female. They just don't want to get fucked by a frat kid wearing an Ed Hardy t-shirt, or Joe from Accounting who eats every thursday at Applebee's.

Good Luck

This post is exactly right

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Quote: (04-26-2013 06:16 AM)houston Wrote:  

I didn't know whether to put this video in here or my Hipster girls thread. It's somewhere in the middle. I don't think hipsters go to art shows but I see Where's Waldo glasses in the audience so I don't know.

Wtf is this shit? is that pussy juice, pee or shit?

Wtf is this bitch doing?

boredom is evil

Quote: (04-26-2013 03:57 PM)le prince perdu Wrote:  

Quote: (04-26-2013 06:16 AM)houston Wrote:  

Wtf is this shit? is that pussy juice, pee or shit?

Wtf is this bitch doing?
I don't know but look at the guys in the crowd. You would be the "ultimate alpha" just for walking in there eating a drumstick and drinking a Budweiser.

Art schools and the art stores near by them, if you like the 18-21 crowd. Dressing in tight black pants helpful, but dressing gay not necessary.

I like artsy girls in general, but often they've overbearing and overconfident, fueled by their status of "intellectuals", above common girls, so they require lots of game. Once you get through that, they are rather slutty and aren't too disagreeable.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before