rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to always stay on top of your game?

For everyone that wasn't born with a spoon in their mouth and is trying to get by, you should know that life has ups and downs. Bills, work, stress, school, waiting on the next paycheck, all the bullshit curveballs that life throws you, etc. When its just one of those bad days, how do you stay focused and still spit game?

Ha, fair question. I think today was one of those days for me, but I worked out, got in a decent mood and still went out. A few mis-steps and clearly the wrong venue put me back in a "blah" mood.

When I get in that mindset I know my approaches just aren't going to be up to snuff, so instead of continuing to approach I just hung out with my friends and while they got drunk, I observed every male-female interaction going on. Beats just heading home, IMO.

Noticed a couple interesting things too. Worth noting was a girl who got all pissed off when two guys told her, that a friend of hers was better looking. She then went and made out with some other guy, as if to validate that she was still attractive.

Also noticed a guy creep the hell out of some girls, by running game that looked like he was trying to emulate Mystery, but came off like a drunken dervish. He probably thought he was smooth as hell, to me it just enforced that you can't run your best game when overly intoxicated.

I also noticed an incredible amount of beta shit, but then again, who am I to judge when I gave up on approaches around midnight.

i try pretty hard to get myself out of funks. Alot of time music is where i turn when i am having a bad day. Ill just sit in my car and chill/listen to music and think about stuff for 30 minuets or so. ALways try to stay positive

Quote: (04-30-2011 01:07 AM)houston Wrote:  

When its just one of those bad days, how do you stay focused and still spit game?

You should not. It is like going to gym when you got a flu - not only your workout results sucks and you feel like crap after it, you're actually doing a disservice to your body. So give your brain a break, it gets tired too and needs time to recover. You won't lose too much in a day or two.

For everyone that wasn't born with a spoon in their mouth and is trying to get by, you should know that life has ups and downs. Bills, work, stress, school, waiting on the next paycheck, all the bullshit curveballs that life throws you, etc. When its just one of those bad days, how do you stay focused and still spit game?

No need to. There is more to life than game. Think of it as a recreational activity. If the opportunity arises and it is worth it, your game will start up.

Been feeling down lately. My aunt passed away earlier this week from lung cancer and I've been thinking about my grandpa's cancer even more than before. Some cute girl started talking to me at the optometrists office and I didn't even crack a smile, much less get her number. Just feeling real ani social in my own zone

you dont have to focus on game in order to be a player...instead you have to work on yourself and dealing your life issues as well...game comes along.

Quote: (05-16-2011 01:27 AM)houston Wrote:  

Been feeling down lately. My aunt passed away earlier this week from lung cancer and I've been thinking about my grandpa's cancer even more than before. Some cute girl started talking to me at the optometrists office and I didn't even crack a smile, much less get her number. Just feeling real ani social in my own zone

it's alright and normal to be less talkative and reclusive when something tragic happens to you. Almost everyone goes through this at some point in their life. Keep your chin up; you will be back to dick smacking hoes in due time, pimpin

I think that the most important thing is to respect these cycles of extroversion and introversion, expansion and contraction, that we all go through. In a society that teaches us to completely ignore our own natural cycles and flows, our bodily and emotional variations in the name of standarized "productivity" and machine-like robotification, we lose touch with our own innate, organic emotional intelligence.

There is a balance between "pushing it" beyond our limits and respecting our limits in an act of self-love. Both are vital for our personal growth, and what is game if not personal growth? It is a balance that must be learned and honoured

One of the biggest improvements in my game was when, after a 4 month non-stop frenzy of club-hopping and approaching at least 3 nights a week, I reached a point where I was so physically and emotionally overwhelmed that I just had to stop. I just stopped going out to night venues for a month and a half, started sleeping early and stayed home enjoying other things besides obsessing about game. It was after that cooling-down period that I felt a major improvement in my game, as if I needed to back down and assimilate those last 4 months of intense practice. And it was completely spontaneous. I was much more relaxed, looser and less needy when gaming, and probably for that reason that when I started going out again, I started landing girls of greater quality than before, as if I was reaching a whole new level of game, and especially, personal growth.

Taoism and game are completelly related, haha!

Hope it helps...

I think its best to have game as a hobby. Enjoy other parts of life, make yourself a happy person and girls will come easier once they see this. Is this what you mean Amour?

Life will have it's ups and downs. Continue to spit game and let things fall in place. Control the things you can and don't worry too much about the things you cannot control.

I've gone to a club and opened up on every lizard in sight. Gotten shut down totally. Don't focus on the individual moment but look at the overall picture.
Life can be one big organic globule and you will reap the results as to what you sow.
Just keep sowing and keep mowing.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (05-16-2011 08:12 AM)Amour Fou Wrote:  

I think that the most important thing is to respect these cycles of extroversion and introversion, expansion and contraction, that we all go through. In a society that teaches us to completely ignore our own natural cycles and flows, our bodily and emotional variations in the name of standarized "productivity" and machine-like robotification, we lose touch with our own innate, organic emotional intelligence.

There is a balance between "pushing it" beyond our limits and respecting our limits in an act of self-love. Both are vital for our personal growth, and what is game if not personal growth? It is a balance that must be learned and honoured

One of the biggest improvements in my game was when, after a 4 month non-stop frenzy of club-hopping and approaching at least 3 nights a week, I reached a point where I was so physically and emotionally overwhelmed that I just had to stop. I just stopped going out to night venues for a month and a half, started sleeping early and stayed home enjoying other things besides obsessing about game. It was after that cooling-down period that I felt a major improvement in my game, as if I needed to back down and assimilate those last 4 months of intense practice. And it was completely spontaneous. I was much more relaxed, looser and less needy when gaming, and probably for that reason that when I started going out again, I started landing girls of greater quality than before, as if I was reaching a whole new level of game, and especially, personal growth.

Taoism and game are completelly related, haha!

Hope it helps...

Great Post Amour Fou, I feel like I can relate to what you're saying. I am still by no means an advanced player, but I went through a very exhausting period of several months of obsessively studying and practicing game, and it wasn't till I kind of chilled out that things started falling into place.

As far as the gaming and life goes, it's amazing how we have such ups and downs, a little over a year ago I was feeling like everything in my life was great (making $$, was in great physical shape, getting laid on the reg), but over the past few months I've hit some real hard times (financial downturn, got an STD, got arrested, etc.). I guess shit happens and you just got to suck it up and keep trying to live the best and most fulfilling life you can. Maybe game takes a backseat during these periods of life, but it's good to have "ice running through your veins" or whatever the expression and keep soldiering on.

Quote: (05-16-2011 12:00 PM)houston Wrote:  

I think its best to have game as a hobby. Enjoy other parts of life, make yourself a happy person and girls will come easier once they see this. Is this what you mean Amour?

I´m just saying we should respect the ups and downs that are presented to us, and realising that, on the long run, these "down periords" are essential for our growth, even game-wise. Embrace the "downs" as you would embrace the "ups".

Sometimes the best thing to "improve" game is simply aquiring some self-respect and not "pushing it", as CJ mentioned when he was on a bad day and didn't approach any girls, and instead observed the whole male-female interaction on the venue. Equally important is to recognize the moments where you are using "being on a bad day" as an excuse not to "push it" and get your ass out there and approach. This is the balance I am talking about, between taking it easy and striving for it.