rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Intel Embracing Feminists, Some Radical

Looks like Intel is bending over to take it up the pooper like so many other royal court eunuchs in today's PC society. Specifically by partnering with Feminist Frequency and Rainbow Push, among others. See below.

Quote:Quote:

To support this initiative, Intel has set a bold new hiring and retention goal to achieve full representation of women and under-represented minorities at Intel by 2020. Full representation means Intel’s U.S. workforce will be more representative of the talent available in America, including more balanced representation in senior leadership positions.

Intel also plans to invest $300 million to help build a pipeline of female and under-represented engineers and computer scientists; to actively support hiring and retaining more women and under-represented minorities; and to fund programs to support more positive representation within the technology and gaming industries.

"We're calling on our industry to again make the seemingly impossible possible by making a commitment to real change and clarity in our goals," said Krzanich. "Without a workforce that more closely mirrors the population, we are missing opportunities, including not understanding and designing for our own customers."

Intel plans to engage with several partners in the industry to support, enhance or create new programs for this initiative, including the International Game Developers Association*, the E-Sports League*, the National Center for Women in Technology*, the CyberSmile Foundation*, the Feminist Frequency*, and Rainbow PUSH*. The company also plans to deepen its engagement with primary education programs focused on underserved areas and expanding its collaborations with computer science and engineering programs at higher education institutions, including minority-serving institutions.

Feminist Frequency? Anita Sarkeesian, founding partner.

Rainbow Push? The Reverend Jesse Jackson.

National Center for Women & Information Technology? So long as you aren't a white girl, if their home page is any indicator.

CyberSmile? Organization against online bullying.

Its so disappointing: this is so close to to the outfall of GamerGate, there must be something behind the scenes motivating Intel to essentially declare themselves on the opposite side of the gamers who buy their products.

Here it is, on Intel's website.

http://newsroom.intel.com/community/inte...-computing

"Rainbow Push" sounds like the description of gay rape.

[Image: attachment.jpg23982]   

More like Intel getting hustled/pimped.

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"

There will be more women than men in the workforce soon, if it hasn't happened already. Women are wonderful consumers, but also "boycotters". This is a smart business plan.

AMD chip in my next PC. Glad they made the choice easy for me.

"Nothing comes easier than madness in the world today
Mass paranoia is a mode not a malady"
Bad Religion - The Defense

Reaxxion has covered this already - http://www.reaxxion.com/3912/intel-proud...-frequency

There was an article on Wired as well. At the sight of the word "diversity" I selectively ignored it, but decided to check it out AFTER reading the Reaxxion piece.

http://www.wired.com/2015/01/intel-diversity/

As always, the comment sections shows signs of false hope.

Feel free to PM me for wine advice or other stuff
ROK Article: 5 Reasons To Have Wine On A Date
RVF Wine Thread

Quote: (01-08-2015 07:58 PM)Grit Wrote:  

Intel also plans to invest $300 million to help build a pipeline of female and under-represented engineers and computer scientists;

I don't think they understand what an investment is.

in·vest·ment: the action or process of investing money for profit or material result.

The only end result I see from this is the office will comprise of more X chromosomes than previously before. Any realistic CEO would not consider this an investment, but a net loss.

Tweeted! https://twitter.com/rooshv/status/553371728479809537

Intel also plans to invest $300 million to help build a pipeline of female and under-represented engineers and computer scientists; to actively support hiring and retaining more women and under-represented minorities; and to fund programs to support more positive representation within the technology and gaming industries.

Shareholders should be going nuclear over something like this. This is the very definition of throwing good money at bad.

What pray tell are under-represented minorities? IT is full of minorities..just not the right kind by liberal p.c. ideology I guess this means we'll see more homeboys from Harlem sporting dreadlocks getting the cushy token job doing nothing or the fat latina mammy waving her freshly promoted finger in the faces of men actually doing their jobs.

"Under-represented minorities". LOL. Asians don't count because, you know, they actually work hard! We just want the dumber, lazier minorities...

It's almost like a perfect little microcosm of the West and its trajectory. These companies can afford to engage in this nonsense because they're profitable and have money to burn. Yet they're going to start eating into their seed corn soon enough. In the meantime, you'd have to think that this is going to open the door to competitors in other countries not (yet) afflicted with this SJW bullshit. A generation from now, it wouldn't surprise me if Silicon Valley has died in the West, with the really smart Asian males staying/moving abroad, and white men following suit. Then, of course, everyone will start moaning excessively about how unfair it is and so on.

Feminism is a racket.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

Quote: (01-08-2015 09:17 PM)The Father Wrote:  

"Under-represented minorities". LOL. Asians and Jews don't count because, you know, they actually work hard! We just want the dumber, lazier minorities...

Hopefully companies like Google don't feed into this mess.

Next motherboard is having an amd socket.
I can't invest in an intel chip now that intel's future is in jeopardy.

God dammit and i just bought a i5 4690k......

Quote: (01-09-2015 02:59 PM)KC4 Wrote:  

God dammit and i just bought a i5 4690k......

[Image: hammer-1.jpg]

Quote: (01-08-2015 09:08 PM)El Chinito loco Wrote:  

Shareholders should be going nuclear over something like this. This is the very definition of throwing good money at bad.

Last year, Intel spent about $8B on SG&A. I couldn't find out how the $300MM will be spent, but it most likely won't be in one year. Either way, it's a relatively small sum. The benefit is that it makes Intel look like they actually give a fuck about these SJW crusades and so the SJWs who have proven themselves to be pretty good at fucking shit up for companies and people will set their sights elsewhere.

This probably creates some value for shareholders. It's essentially a $300MM check to extortionist SJWs.

By some creative internal accounting, Intel could even reclassify money that is already spent on NAM and female salaries and recruiting efforts under this new initiative.

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat

In 1996, a group of nuns in Philadelphia complained about the lack of diversity on the board of directors in a semiconductor company that they had been bequeathed shares in.

The CEO's response absolutely destroyed the nuns' ridiculous desire for diversity and got mentioned in the WSJ.

The full letter.

Some quotes:

If all companies in the U.S. were forced to operate according to some arbitrary social agenda, rather than for profit, all American companies would operate at a disadvantage to their foreign competitors, all Americans would become less well off (some laid off), and charitable giving would decline precipitously. Making Americans poorer and reducing charitable giving in order to force companies to follow an arbitrary social agenda is fundamentally wrong.

Choosing a Board of Directors based on race and gender is a lousy way to run a company. Cypress will never do it. Furthermore, we will never be pressured into it, because bowing to well-meaning, special-interest groups is an immoral way to run a company, given all the people it would hurt. We simply cannot allow arbitrary rules to be forced on us by organizations that lack business expertise. I would rather be labeled as a person who is unkind to religious groups than as a coward who harms his employees and investors by mindlessly following high-sounding, but false, standards of right and wrong.

[Image: ohshit.gif]

Tl;dr of the rest:
- the semiconductor business is very competitive
- the requirements to join the board of directors are only found in men older than 50, since very few minorities or women studied Engineering 30 years before (this has changed slightly since 1996)
- it is very difficult to find qualified directors, but the company pursues talent: it doesn't care what race or gender they are. It doesn't discriminate against women or minorities, they just aren't qualified
- requiring diversity on boards of directors is immoral; it causes harm to people
- employees, clients, investors all depend on the company and its continued success, so to run a company on anything other than a profit-making basis is immoral.
- implementing affirmative action means that women / minorities that are actually qualified don't receive the same respect, because it's assumed they got their position through diversity hiring rather than merit
- various proposals for government interference in the free market to require "corporate responsibility" would lead to corporate mismanagement and harm Americans. Corporations' responsibility is to maximise profit not pander to SJW issues.

[Image: clap2.gif]

Quote: (01-10-2015 05:45 AM)ElBorrachoInfamoso Wrote:  

The benefit is that it makes Intel look like they actually give a fuck about these SJW crusades and so the SJWs who have proven themselves to be pretty good at fucking shit up for companies and people will set their sights elsewhere.

I disagree that SJWs have ever proven themselves to be good at fucking shit up for companies. People, certainly, but every single company that has stood up to them so far (and there aren't many), has been fine. The problem in the corporate sphere is a failure to accurately perceive what the majority of the population actually cares about, and lack of spine.

Quote: (02-26-2015 01:57 PM)delicioustacos Wrote:  
They were given immense wealth, great authority, and strong clans at their backs.

AND THEY USE IT TO SHIT ON WHORES!

Soon we will have Intel chips running at feminist frequency and arguing back when men command them to run code....

Quote: (01-10-2015 07:34 PM)StrikeBack Wrote:  

Soon we will have Intel chips running at feminist frequency and arguing back when men command them to run code....

[Image: laugh4.gif]

You know they say coding is a lot like a woman... Miss one period and all hell breaks loose.

"Nothing comes easier than madness in the world today
Mass paranoia is a mode not a malady"
Bad Religion - The Defense

Quote: (01-10-2015 10:18 AM)Ocelot Wrote:  

Quote: (01-10-2015 05:45 AM)ElBorrachoInfamoso Wrote:  

The benefit is that it makes Intel look like they actually give a fuck about these SJW crusades and so the SJWs who have proven themselves to be pretty good at fucking shit up for companies and people will set their sights elsewhere.

I disagree that SJWs have ever proven themselves to be good at fucking shit up for companies. People, certainly, but every single company that has stood up to them so far (and there aren't many), has been fine. The problem in the corporate sphere is a failure to accurately perceive what the majority of the population actually cares about, and lack of spine.

I agree that SJWs have not been very successful at fucking corporations and that corporations lack spine, but not that corporations are generally bad at figuring out what people care about.

The officers of a corporation do a pretty good job at figuring out what their customers and shareholders care about, otherwise they wouldn't have reached their current positions.

Those same officers might pursue a project that destroys shareholder value if they have a personal stake in the game e.g. they are afraid of getting personally outed by SJWs.

SJWs may not be able to bring down Intel, but they could bring down some senior executives who would otherwise have the power to keep their jobs if they threw some money at SJW causes.

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat

Good for AMD that Intel decided to cripple themselves just for fun.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.