rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Change website petition for mens rights section

For anyone interested, the change.org website has an active petition up requesting a men's rights section being added to their site. They need 254 signatures.

https://www.change.org/p/change-org-add-...s-category

Quote:Quote:

Change.org has a "women's rights" and a "gay rights" section. Why no men's rights category, as well?

Many people believe that females are the disadvantaged gender in society, but the fact of the matter is that men and women each face their own injustices.

Men are at a disadvantage in almost every aspect of the legal system, from sentencing to child custody. They are more likely to be victims of violent crime. Men are excluded as victims from many rape laws. Male genital mutilation is widely accepted for reasons that have been debunked time and time again.

These are only a few reasons why this website needs to stop being discriminatory and add a section specifically for "Men's Rights."

Here is Kristal Garcia's petition for a UN men and boys council
https://www.change.org/p/united-nations-...n-and-boys

Pro-"manspreading" petition
https://www.change.org/p/toronto-transit...in-to-pass

Signed

Signed all. I wouldn't have thought I would sign something as pathetic and feminine as change.org petition, but you gotta play their game to beat them in their own game.

I signed it because it could have some potential... however what is most likely to happen?

A male section gets added, male issues get addressed, and we might even get a red pilled UN representative

OR, a male section gets added, feminist push women issues in disguise (men against street harassment campaign). and we get an blue pilled UN representative likely from the Good Beta Project?

I agree with Turkishcandy. You know AVFM will do the grunt work making and pushing these. Vote on what you agree with.

Change is a faggoty website, but another vet got both of his interpreters amnesty by petitioning. That's something I wanted to do for one of my terps in Iraq, but didn't think it was work.

In before the blue pills start flying. This amount of change that will come from this is equal to the amount of babies that will be made from jacking off into a sock.

Quote: (01-05-2015 10:26 AM)IvanDrago Wrote:  

In before the blue pills start flying. This amount of change that will come from this is equal to the amount of babies that will be made from jacking off into a sock.

[Image: 100_2699_1.JPG]

Typical sockogynist. You've offended sock babies everywhere, prepare for Twitter war.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

Signed

Is it "blue pill" if I think trying to get signatures on a change.org petition is an absolute waste of time?

It's not in my opinion. I already gave an example of one persons efforts on several successful petitions.

Each of us have varying levels of apathy and cynicism.

Men are at a disadvantage in almost every aspect of the legal system, from sentencing to child custody. They are more likely to be victims of violent crime. Men are excluded as victims from many rape laws. Male genital mutilation is widely accepted for reasons that have been debunked time and time again.

Frankly, this kind of thinking (in bold) annoys the living piss out of me. If MRAs hate feminists and SJWs so much, can they stop using idiotic SJW-type reasoning to prove how oppressed they are?

Let's go back to basic logic for a sec. If group A is more likely than group B to experience some negative condition, that is NOT evidence that group A is oppressed (as it could very well be a result of group A's own actions), and it is NOT even necessarily a bad thing. What if in 2013, 20% of both men and women were victims of violence, and then in 2014, it became 15% of men and 10% of women? Oh no, inequality! So did things get worse? Of fucking course not. The relevant factor is amount of people who experience violence, not the fucking gender distribution of those who do.

Furthermore, pointing out such a statistic without giving any reasonable, actionable recommendation on how to reduce the prevalence of violence toward men just makes one sound like a fucking whiny bitch rather than someone who's actually interested in improving people's lives. It is no different from when feminists bitch that tech companies don't hire enough women without giving any thought as to why, or proposing any reasonable solution to make women more tech savvy.

Don't blind yourselves to shit logic just because you feel it's coming from your own "team." MRAs actually have a legitimate beef when it comes to divorce law, but when their rhetoric stoops to the level of the braindead SJWs they claim to despise so much, it destroys any legitimacy they may have had among reasonable, intelligent moderates.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm not speaking specifically to the writeup on this petition, as I understand its goal is just to be a counterweight to all the women's rights stuff on Change.org. It just reminded me of the larger tendency of MRAs to lambast SJWs while sounding exactly like them.

Quote: (01-05-2015 06:52 PM)DrewP Wrote:  

Frankly, this kind of thinking (in bold) annoys the living piss out of me. If MRAs hate feminists and SJWs so much, can they stop using idiotic SJW-type reasoning to prove how oppressed they are?

From Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals:

#4 - Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.

From my viewpoint, the tactic that MRAs are using against feminists is making them live up to their own rules.

Feminists love to go on and on about how "if you believe in equality, then you're a feminist." The men's rights movement takes this statement and throws it back in their faces showing all the different ways men are marginalized by society (in ways that women aren't) that feminism is noticeably silent about. And they use feminist's own language to do it.

Unfortunately, it can (and does) often come across as whining. But I do think it will be an effective tool to undermine feminism's credibility and show the hypocrisy in feminism to the masses.