rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Former Marine takes on "microaggressions", "triggerwarnings", & trauma

Quote:Quote:

I’ve experienced trauma myself. I don’t know how many murder scenes I’ve worked as a police officer. I remember the shock I felt when I walked up to a car after a seemingly minor accident and saw a two year old’s head lying on the floorboard. I stood helplessly outside a burning house as a ninety-two year old woman died inside, while her son screamed hysterically beside me. For years after my time as a soldier in Iraq I’d have a startle response if I unexpectedly saw a flash, like from a camera, in my peripheral vision (it reminded me of flashes from roadside bombs). Soldiers near me were shot, burned or killed by weather in Afghanistan.

My childhood wasn’t rosy either; early one morning when I was eight I heard pounding on our kitchen door, then was terrified to see a family member stumble into the house covered in blood after being attacked by a neighbor. Even today, after thirty-five years, I still sometimes tense up when I hear a knock at the door. When I was ten, my eleven year old best friend committed suicide because of a minor sibling dispute. He wrote a note, left a will, snuck his father’s pistol from a drawer and shot himself. I was severely affected by his death, and ten years later got a copy of his suicide note from the city morgue. After I read it, I finally felt that I could heal from that horrible event.

Facebook thinking a woman might be interested in marriage and children. That causes trauma.

A college professor expecting graduate students to write grammatically correct papers. That causes trauma.

Fuck your trauma.

Yes, fuck your trauma. My sympathy for your suffering, whether that suffering was real or imaginary, ended when you demanded I change my life to avoid bringing up your bad memories. You don’t seem to have figured this out, but there is no “I must never be reminded of a negative experience” expectation in any culture anywhere on earth.

If your psyche is so fragile you fall apart when someone inadvertently reminds you of “trauma”, especially if that trauma consisted of you overreacting to a self-interpreted racial slur, you need therapy. You belong on a psychiatrist’s couch, not in college dictating what the rest of society can’t do, say or think. Get your own head right before you try to run other people’s lives. If you expect everyone around you to cater to your neurosis, forever, you’re what I’d call a “failure at life”, doomed to perpetual disappointment.

http://chrishernandezauthor.com/2015/01/...of-trauma/

There's more, I just highlighted some important parts

[Image: clap2.gif]

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic

The author responds to the only sjw so far that's ignorant enough to attack the intelligent, older, professional academic

“Check your privilege.”

I’m alive, and American. You bet I’m privileged.

Grow the fuck up.

“INB4: I am a straight, white, male, educated in private schools, with a current >90% average in a top mathematics program.”

That’s nice. I’m a straight Hispanic male, educated in private schools, who left community college to become a cop.

What does any of that have to do with this debate?

I think he'll need some anal salve after that.

Here's a female sexual assault victim giving this same sjw boy some reality that he undoubtedly doesn't want to hear.

Frozen,

As one person who’s been raped to another – get a good therapist, man. Not a campus quack, but a good cognitive behavioral therapist who can help you identify and change how you think and react. They’re hard to find, but it’s worth the search. Your friends are trying to help, but they’re actually messing with your head.

I know. The more you let your friends help you build the walls around yourself and in your mind, the more they’re going to build your identity up as “Frozen, who was raped so don’t say anything about…” and the more you’re going to view the world first through a filter of “Does this have anything to do with sexual violence,because I’m a victim?”

That dreck will wreck your mind far harder than the actual incident, because you’ll spend years defining your entire self by a very bad set of memories and reactions, instead of finding a way to put the fear and anger to rest and move on with your life.

The way out is through. It sucks. It’s hard. It’ll cling to you in odd moments for years. But if you face it head on and determine you’re going to get past this, and you’re not defined by what happened to you as opposed to who you choose to be, you’ll be amazed at what you can become, and what you can do… and how much better the world is.

I wouldn't have been that nice. I was molested several times as a child and by different perpetrators, possibly because very small children are easy victims. It affected my psyche until adulthood. I got over it by not buying into the statistical claims, "marked/scarred" mentality anymore and knowing that I am who I am and nothing can make me vulnerable anymore since I know better or turn into a pedophile myself just because statistics said it could happen.

This is a mentality of virulent weakness that's disguised itself as a political movement. This is 'crabs in a barrel' with its potential maximized to cause the most damage possible.

That Dorothy woman completely destroyed the SJW

Props to her. That's real talk there.

Check out my occasionally updated travel thread - The Wroclaw Gambit II: Dzięki Bogu - as I prepare to emigrate to Poland.