rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What's a good city in Europe to hit during winter?

I have US Airways miles and till the end of Feb, you can fly RT between N. America and Europe for only 35,000 miles. And if you have their branded credit card you get a 5,000 point discount. So that's actually 30,000 miles. That's a hell of a deal to cross the pond RT and after they merge with American Airlines we'll never see that deal again. I had my heart set on going somewhere warm like Mexico or Colombia next month, but now I'm thinking about Europe too because of that deal.

I've never been to Europe in winter though. I guess they call it low season for a reason. Any suggestions on where would be fun to go? Even if the weather is shit.

Moscow

Spain

[Image: article-2322645-19BD0412000005DC-976_634x463.jpg]

By mid February all the students have finished exams so it's not a bad time to visit. As for the country, it depends a lot on what you're looking for, your budget, preferences etc.

Тот, кто не рискует, тот не пьет шампанского

Quote: (01-04-2015 01:14 PM)Luisaceo Wrote:  

By mid February all the students have finished exams so it's not a bad time to visit. As for the country, it depends a lot on what you're looking for, your budget, preferences etc.

Definitely not the super expensive places like Scandinavia. I'll save those for another time.

The Netherlands during the winter months was a great experience for me. I stayed in Amsterdam about 10 days in March and had a blasted. Everything is cheaper very few if any tourists.
Some EU tourists at the coffee shops during weekend. There wasn't a bunch events going on at that time but the environment was good for someone traveling solo. You can't go wrong with Rotterdam and Amsterdam. I love the over all vibe of the city Amsterdam. I wish I had chance to see Rotterdam.

Quote: (01-06-2015 04:37 AM)Kingsley Davis Wrote:  
You can bring broads to logic but you can't force them to think.

Stockholm, best time I ever had there was in January. It will be cold but the ladies come out. You also won't have to contend with many other tourists and the hotels and apartments should be a little cheaper.
I also have done Amsterdam in the winter, not a bad trip. Good if you have never been.
If you don't like the cold then I can only think of Spain and maybe Portugal.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Vienna, if you can deal with the cold and the lack of sunlight. But you will encounter that weather in all of Western Europe.

Failure is caused by unwillingness to adapt!

"If it's not rough, it is not fun!" - Lady Gaga, Philosopher

Do you like skiing?

Not the most obvious trip alone, but early February is the big winter holiday time in Scandinavia as just one example. They also descend upon Prague in hordes, lots and lots of high schoolers who get drunk and fool around. Might want to consider that too.

Other than that, not much heat anywhere, but maybe Portugal and Cyprus, Spain should be chilly. Could go to the Canary Islands too and bang some North Euro milfs.

Quote: (01-04-2015 06:17 PM)Dr Feelgood Wrote:  

Vienna, if you can deal with the cold and the lack of sunlight. But you will encounter that weather in all of Western Europe.

Hmm, that may be a good option! Vienna is on my bucket list of European cities to check out. I just looked at the weather, it's about the same as it is where I live in winter, or pretty much anywhere in the center of N. America.

I would also avoid Scandinavia, Finland and Iceland at all costs during the winter, unless I had previously met a girl online or so.
Vienna, Graz and Innsbruck are great Austrian hotspots to think of, I'd say.
You also have some cool southern French cities, like Bordeaux, Toulouse, Marseilles and Nice, great spots indeed.
Southern German cities, such as München, Stuttgart and Heidelberg wouldn't be that cold in the winter and would definitely be worth a visit.
Southern cities of Spain, like Seville, Valencia and Cordoba are worth a visit as well as Porto and Lisbon of Portugal.
Also not to forget Balkan cities, Belgrade, Bratislava, Ljublijana and the Greek cities too, Thessaloniki and great Athens.
Dutch cities like Amsterdam, Den Haag, Breda and Nijmegen are worth a visit.
Flemish cities like Antwerpen, Gent and Brussels.

Everywhere will be cold except Canary Islands. Don't bother with the Iberian peninsula - what's the point if there's no warm sun to enjoy it.

I would go somewhere that thrives in the cold - Amsterdam, Budapest (warm bathes), Stockholm.

Yeah, fuck Scandinavia, low ROI. To narrow it down, I'd ask what cities/countries have you already visited and what exactly are you looking for in this trip i.e mainly gaming girls (if so what type of girls) or also the experience, sightseeing etc. Some people say pussy enters "hibernation mode" in winter but I did not experience that in Poland.

EDIT: ^^ Yeah, Budapest is an all round great city (cheap, beautiful city, girls..). If you haven't visited already I don't think you can go wrong with going there, although I personally prefer Polish girls.

Тот, кто не рискует, тот не пьет шампанского

Quote: (01-04-2015 06:25 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Hmm, that may be a good option! Vienna is on my bucket list of European cities to check out. I just looked at the weather, it's about the same as it is where I live in winter, or pretty much anywhere in the center of N. America.

You consider to cross the pond to see Vienna?

How long is the trip for?

Quote: (01-04-2015 06:41 PM)Luisaceo Wrote:  

Yeah, fuck Scandinavia, low ROI. To narrow it down, I'd ask what cities/countries have you already visited and what exactly are you looking for in this trip i.e mainly gaming girls (if so what type of girls) or also the experience, sightseeing etc. Some people say pussy enters "hibernation mode" in winter but I did not experience that in Poland.

EDIT: ^^ Yeah, Budapest is an all round great city (cheap, beautiful city, girls..). If you haven't visited already I don't think you can go wrong with going there, although I personally prefer Polish girls.

Budapest, also somehow slipped my mind. That could be a great option too. I'm consider a place that would still be fairly lively even though it's winter. As for my purposes, typically, sight-see in the day, and hit up some nightspots when the sun goes down.

I'm also interested in Berlin as a future base of operations. What is the vibe like there in the dead of winter?

Quote: (01-04-2015 06:53 PM)Cheetah Wrote:  

I don't know yet. I'm flexible and of course all depends on awards availability as I'd be using points.

Edit --

Didn't realize Vienna and Budapest were so close together, that means they could be combined into one trip.

I have a girl in Berlin. She says too cold. Apparently it's no longer "cool" anymore as of 2hours ago : http://www.businessinsider.com/berlin-is...015-1?IR=T

Budapest's weather in winter is much better than surrounding cities I believe, still single digits. Nearby Romania is negative double digits.

Quote: (01-04-2015 06:54 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Quote: (01-04-2015 06:41 PM)Luisaceo Wrote:  

Budapest, also somehow slipped my mind. That could be a great option too. I'm consider a place that would still be fairly lively even though it's winter. As for my purposes, typically, sight-see in the day, and hit up some nightspots when the sun goes down.

I'm also interested in Berlin as a future base of operations. What is the vibe like there in the dead of winter?

Quote: (01-04-2015 06:53 PM)Cheetah Wrote:  

I don't know yet. I'm flexible and of course all depends on awards availability as I'd be using points.

Edit --

Didn't realize Vienna and Budapest were so close together, that means they could be combined into one trip.

You've got Vienna, Budapest and Bratislava, that's a great triangle of hot capitals there.[Image: banana.gif]

Quote: (01-04-2015 06:25 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

I'm from Vienna, that's where I got the idea from, ha ha!

But seriously, this is what you get: If you are into culture it's an awesome destination; the center of classical music, gorgeous architecture, art exhibitions. Castle Schönbrunn, one of the biggest and most beautiful castles of Europe. One of the most beautiful cities of Europe for sure, the Habsburgs were commanding a big empire a couple of centuries ago. You could visit the apartments of historical figures like Mozart, Beethoven, Freud and Klimt, if you are into this kind of stuff. In short, a lot of culture. High living standard and good nightlife from Thursday to Saturday. You can go to Bratislava in very short time by train or ship, Budapest is close, Prague is about four hours by train, Munich is not too far away either.

It's probably not too cheap though.

If you do indeed come by, let me know and we will hit the clubs. I'm not there at the moment though, but will be back some time in February.

Failure is caused by unwillingness to adapt!

"If it's not rough, it is not fun!" - Lady Gaga, Philosopher

Speakeasy- when exactly will you be going?

I'll be in Germany:Belgium in late Feb.

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Quote: (01-04-2015 09:10 PM)Mentavious Wrote:  

Speakeasy- when exactly will you be going?

I'll be in Germany:Belgium in late Feb.

I'm not sure yet, I'm just in research mode and it all depends on what kind of availability I would be able to get with rewards miles. You know how finicky airlines are with giving them out. If I go I'd be looking at mid to late Feb, ideally. I'll hit you up though if I'm able to go around the time you're there.

Another good reason to head to Europe now is the weak euro.

Just make sure your trip is to a eurozone country.

Quote: (01-04-2015 11:21 PM)Tex Pro Wrote:  

Another good reason to head to Europe now is the weak euro.

Just make sure your trip is to a eurozone country.

Dammit!
Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Serbia, Scandinavia aren't part of the Eurozone [Image: confused.gif]

I like Prague and Budapest. You have everything you need. Affordable, safe, attractive women.

Conversely I'm not a fan of the bigger western cities i.e Paris, Barcelona, Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Copenhagen etc.

If you like snowboarding I've heard really good things about Verbier in Switzerland & Pas de la Casa in Andorra.

These cities are my only options to fly into:

Glasgow, Dublin, Edinburgh, London, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Munich, Paris, Zurich, Venice, Rome, Barcelona, Madrid, Athens, Dublin, Rome, Frankfurt, London, Paris and Barcelona.

If I was going to do Budapest, Vienna and maybe Prague, flying into and out of Munich would be my only option which complicates things.

Carnival is in February also. Check the dates and maybe hit up a European carnival.

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock