rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Recurring styes in eyes?

Recurring styes in eyes?

So for years I've been getting recurring styes in both eyes. The ones I get are smaller than this:

[Image: attachment.jpg23781]   

They go away on their own in 2-3 days but they make my eyes itch and are annoying in general.

I'm 100% sure it's related to my contact lenses, because I don't get them during periods of wearing glasses. I don't understand because I wash my hands carefully before putting them one (drying my hands on paper towels instead of normal towels). I also leave my contact case face down on a napkin in the bathroom in case there is bacteria in the air from when the toilet flushes.

I do have a hunch that it's the contact solution I'm using so I'm switching tomorrow to a different brand.

Am I missing anything?

Recurring styes in eyes?

No contacts at all for 6-12 months, and (MUCH) less computer use. I had to do that as I was getting the styes as well as dry eyes, my eyes were basically screaming at me.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Recurring styes in eyes?

Quote: (12-30-2014 09:39 PM)RawGod Wrote:  

No contacts at all for 6-12 months, and (MUCH) less computer use. I had to do that as I was getting the styes as well as dry eyes, my eyes were basically screaming at me.

Why would computer use cause them?

Recurring styes in eyes?

Quote: (12-30-2014 09:47 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Quote: (12-30-2014 09:39 PM)RawGod Wrote:  

Why would computer use cause them?

Excess computer use gives you dry eye which irritates your eyelids and feeds back into the stye problem (which can be viral or bacterial). Basically your eyes are a system, you need to be kind to them as the Goddess intended.

Took me several years to heal my eyes after being glued to the screen 12 hours a day, but now I can wear contacts again, but only the one day type. You could try wearing those occasionally, if you must wear contacts.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Recurring styes in eyes?

Have you tried a hydrogen peroxide based solution. You leave the contacts in at overnight in the solution for at least 4 hours. Its often 6 hours as well depending on brand. When you wake up you clean it with saline (this might be optional since it sounds like the case itself with neutralize the mixture somehow), just make sure you never put it directly in your eye or use it as an eyedrops. You will never make the mistake again of putting it directly in your eye. This solution helps a lot very sensitive eyes to other solutions. I wonder if its due to allergies to the solutions?

Have you talked to your eye doctor about it the styes? You might want to contact him about this to go over precautions as well. It hurts a lot if you do it wrong, but should solve any bacterial problems.

http://www.clearcaresolution.com/ This is pretty good brand, I think its 6 hours though.

Recurring styes in eyes?

Now that I think about it, I have been getting more styes ever since I switched to "no rub" contact lens solutions.

Recurring styes in eyes?

Quote: (12-30-2014 10:24 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Now that I think about it, I have been getting more styes ever since I switched to "no rub" contact lens solutions.

Hello Roosh i'm a last year medical student in Mexico so I think I can help you. Given the clinical data that you have mentioned it seems to me like you have something called posterior blepharitis, that is an inflammation of the eyelid. Your case seems to be caused by some irritant or allergic reaction on your contact lenses solution. If I understand correctly you are a microbiologist, so you would have no problem reading this.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1211763-treatment

"First, application of heat to warm the eyelid gland secretions and to promote evacuation and cleansing of the secretory passages is essential. Patients commonly are directed to use soaked warm compresses and to apply them to the lids repeatedly. Warm water in a washcloth, soaked gauze pads, or microwaved, soaked cloths can be used. Patients should be instructed to use extreme care and to avoid the use of excessive heat.
Second, the eyelid margin is washed mechanically to remove adherent material, such as scurf, collarettes, and crusting, and to clean the gland orifices. This can be completed with a warm washcloth or with gauze pads. Water often is used, although some clinicians prefer that a few drops of baby shampoo be mixed in one bottle cap full of warm water to form a cleaning solution. Attention must be directed to gentle mechanical jostling or scrubbing of the eyelid margin itself, not the skin of the lids or of the bulbar conjunctival surface. Vigorous scrubbing is not necessary and may be harmful.
Third, an antibiotic ointment is applied to the eyelid margin after it has been soaked and scrubbed. Commonly used agents include erythromycin or sulfacetamide ointments. Antibiotic-corticosteroid ointment combinations can be used for short courses, although their use is less appropriate for long-term management."

Recurring styes in eyes?

I've had several large sty's this year. What worked was the good ol' Braggs ACV. A small amount in a cotton ball or Q-tip a few times a day should do.

My source: http://www.earthclinic.com/cures/sty.html

Recurring styes in eyes?

I occasionally get those and around that size, and I just scrape them off with a metal nail file. I sometimes get the odd big one too after rubbing my eyes after handling money in work. Damn faecal contaminated coins.

Recurring styes in eyes?

I get these a lot as well and they're quite painful to the touch for something so small. I don't wear contacts, and always put it down to burning the candle at both ends, but I do use the computer a lot, so perhaps that's the cause. I'll often go for weeks without them, and then get 2-3 at a time.

Recurring styes in eyes?

Do you wear the contacts past the recommended wear time? They can can curl up or fall apart which could cause problems as well. They tend to lead to infections is well.

Does that mean your already using the peroxide solution? It bubbles when you use it.

Sty treatment is normally hot compresses with a wash cloth or surgery. I don't know if you can do the compresses there and be effective its a pretty sensitive area. Don't even attempt to lance it yourself. You could try a hot compress on the outside of the eyelid to see if it shrinks it though.

One more possibility is the contact itself might bother the eye. There are different materials with differing water contents.

Recurring styes in eyes?

Quote:Quote:

Do you wear the contacts past the recommended wear time?

Yes I have one month contacts that I usually extend to 2 or 3.

It looks like my contact lens cleaning and replacement regime is poor. I will make changes and report back.

Recurring styes in eyes?

Before I had my LASIK surgery, I used to have dry-eye syndrome. During college I had to use the computer for hours, so it made the problem worse. I never wore contacts, only normal glasses.

After finishing college, I got my vision corrected with Lasik and funny enough the dry-eye syndrome improved a lot, almost dissapearing. Nowadays I rarely if ever use hydrating eyedrops.

@Roosh: Have you considered LASIK?

Recurring styes in eyes?

Yes on the LASIK. It's so awesome. I see better with LASIK than I ever did with glasses, even 6 years later I'm still better than 20-20.

"Me llaman el desaparecido
Que cuando llega ya se ha ido
Volando vengo, volando voy
Deprisa deprisa a rumbo perdido"

Recurring styes in eyes?

I used to get them a lot, and the thing that stopped them was ceasing rubbing my eyes. As simple as that sounds, I had to consciously quit rubbing my eyes with my hands at intervals during the day, and especially in germ heavy environments (the gym specifically). I haven't had one in probably a year now after stopping the bad habit.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

Recurring styes in eyes?

Have you considered Lasik Roosh? Get rid of contacts all together.

Take care of those titties for me.

Recurring styes in eyes?

Do you change your contact lens case? I throw mine away once a month just like my contacts because the case itself can accumulate stuff in it.

Recurring styes in eyes?

Not too interested in Lasik.

Quote:Quote:

Do you change your contact lens case?

Yup, with every new bottle of lens solution.

Recurring styes in eyes?

Switch to 1-day. Its a lot more hygenic and easier on the eyes.

Im prone to allergies and the dr recommended 1-days for me. I still get styes, but minor ones.

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

Recurring styes in eyes?

Quote: (12-30-2014 10:24 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

You use this stuff then?
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/SdhbWeXch7I/hqdefault.jpg

I've been using it for years and always found myself having minor irritation in the past, but then started washing my contacts out before applying them into my eyes with a sterile saline solution. I assume the hydrogen peroxide doesn't fully react with the coated disc and residual peroxide irritates your eyes.

If you do rinse off the lenses with sterile saline solution (I just swish the contact around in a cupped palm of solution) then maybe you do have other issues... If not then maybe worth a shot? I hate the all in one solutions, this combo seems to work better for me.

Recurring styes in eyes?

I used to have a friend who had the same issue and he took Lysine daily.
As a kid i suffered from them a lot. Soaking a washer in hot water and putting your head down and placing the washer over your face before you go to bed usually causes the stye to pop or disappear.

Recurring styes in eyes?

Take out your contacts when you don't "need" them (e.g. when you come home).

Def. don't sleep in them if you can avoid it.

Are you living in an area with air pollution?

Go to the optical dept. at a pharmacy and get "Eye Wash". It will come with a little cup that you fill with saline or something and you basically bathe your eye. It will remove debris but is also soothing.

Recurring styes in eyes?

Quote: (12-30-2014 09:28 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

So for years I've been getting recurring styes in both eyes. The ones I get are smaller than this:

They go away on their own in 2-3 days but they make my eyes itch and are annoying in general.

I'm 100% sure it's related to my contact lenses, because I don't get them during periods of wearing glasses. I don't understand because I wash my hands carefully before putting them one (drying my hands on paper towels instead of normal towels). I also leave my contact case face down on a napkin in the bathroom in case there is bacteria in the air from when the toilet flushes.

I do have a hunch that it's the contact solution I'm using so I'm switching tomorrow to a different brand.

Am I missing anything?

[Image: k2-_ceb63c2d-325e-4efe-b88a-80f5b55ff628.v1.jpg]

Roosh you need this. I had this problem badly some years back and this stopped it hands down.

Also, you need to stay hydrated. My eye doc exposed my lack of drinking water when I went to see him about this.

I hope you can find something like this wherever you are. I wouldn't waste too much time on eye drops because they just don't work as well.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

Recurring styes in eyes?

I think this is a coincidence or the work of the illuminati.

Within 24 hours of reading this thread I got my first stye, after 7 years of wearing contacts.

Not sure what to think.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Recurring styes in eyes?

So after a week of no contacts, I was still getting styes. This suggests a blephartis type of condition where my eye ecosystem is not well. This is what I'm doing now:

1. No contacts

2. 2x day heat compress

3. 2x day eyelid clean

4. Blinking exercises throughout the day where I blink 20x

5. No more night mask while I sleep

6. Wash pillow cases more frequently.

I'll report back after some time doing this.