rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Conluding a year of gaming: thoughts, lessons learned and planning the future

It's finally been a full year since I went full red-pill so I thought I would do a post to both share my experience with everyone and reflect on my situation. I hope to receive feedback from you guy guys and feel free to comment on any aspect of my game.

*****Special thanks to Onto and JayJuanGee for helping me out of some pretty tough introspection phase lately. And thanks every contributing member on RVF for making it a life changing experience. *****

Background Beta Past

I was a smart kid and got full scholarship to one of the best liberal arts college in US with beautiful campus and smoking hot girls. I wasted my 4 year studying Sociology and excelled at it, though the knowledge I absorbed was life-changing.

I wasted my 4 years in colleges not getting laid or going to parties at all. And my school has tons of slutty hot bitches. I stayed virgin till 22 and it was all my fault. Summer 22, I got back to Vietnam and got together with my redpill buddies who got me tons of hookers for a week.

You guys think you know oneitis? I had oneitis for 9 years since I was 6. And I never got the courage to tell that girl, until we graduated junior high and no longer was in the same class.

Moved to France 2 years ago for study abroad and discovered this was a heaven. Fell in oneitis again with a beautiful petite French brunette that I thought was "an angel".

Start of my journey and redpill awakening

Christmas 2013 Long story short, the "angel" I've been pining over is a narcissistic Lucifer-daughter who slept with both my Sensei and my "best" buddy at the time, while she keeps rejecting me. When that buddy laughed at me for the texts I sent her that she showed him, I became enraged.

That was the moment I couldn't take it anymore.

I swore in the cold dark of night in my empty room that I will never know such humiliation again. That I will never give my dignity to a girl like that. That I will do whatever it takes at any price to get better with girls. I would commit all my existence to become someone people respect and look up to, and not a pathetic beta who needs pity and comfort.

And I swore that I would never again fall in "love".

I stopped hanging out with those people and set out on my own. I needed a way to meet and get better with girls. I joined salsa dancing and my game and dance progress are almost linked together. I worked out harder, trained harder and spent hours and $ learning style.

Feb 2014, I was making out with a smoking blonde Sicilian mixed Kazarkstan in a bar. She also let me grab her boobs. I was almost shaking and couldn't believe what was happening. Of course given how noob I was at the time I couldn't bang the girl. But it showed me that me, a 5"4 Asian, can attract blonde.

March, I took a beautiful blonde violinist home. Too much LMR, and she accused me "you must be a player no? You really like girl" Instead of playing it smooth I slurped on a bunch of hatred-fill redpill philosophy and scare the cat away.

April, 2014. Have gone on countless dates but still no bang. I was tired and went on a trip. Coming back from the trip, I pulled a SDL with a 5.

Two weeks later, I SNL my ex-LTR. A solid 7 Korean. Picked her up in the subway. As I was fucking her brains out I still couldn't believe what was happening. The next morning she made me breakfast. On our second date she bought me breakfast and dinner. It went from there.

Over the next few months, I settled in an open relationship with her while I keep gaming from the site. I got lazy and spoiled, since the sex with my ex was way too good and she was everything from a bluepill guy's dream: cute, homely, submissive, supportive, and totally malleable in bed. Every time she went back to Korea she bought me something. Most of the clothes I used hunting are her gifts.

A month ago, I took home a solid 8 brunette French from a SNL, smoothest pulls in my life with zero resistance whatsoever.

What I observed from a year gaming

-At the beginning, everything is uncomfortable. You will feel sick and even disgusted at yourself for doing something, but then you realize that you get used to it. And it gets results. At first I couldn't mutter a full sentence asking a girl to dance. Now my feet moves before my brain could think. If you haven't tried something yet, don't say that "it's uncomfortable, I don't like it" That's bullshit. Does anyone here really like gaming at first? Slowly you learn to love it and make it your character.

-Asshole game is shock tactic. I guess this is why it's so common. When you leave all the disillusions of the bluepill behind it's easy to culminate a lot of hatred. I grew to hate all kind of weaknesses, mental or physical. Anger is better than despair. I went out with a ravenous hunger, then get drunk on the highs of approaching and new interactions with girls. For an ex-supplicant beta, getting results while being aggressive might feel like having superpower, but it's actually a false positive

-If you have the right attitude, you can get away with saying anything. I've called girls fat, ugly, stupid, all kinds of stuff, but in a laughable way and instead of slapping me they just laugh defensively. This is a reason why I went overboard with negging and now I prefer light teasing.

-If you can't get people to respect you yet, it's still better to be feared than to be ignored. I was at a very early game stage. Before I was the beta of the social circle. Now, I am aggressive. I demand things that I want and sometimes I take it without asking. With girl I'm aggressive with a playful attitude so they know I'm not serious. With guys I'm downright dismissive and I don't even talk to someone who has NOT earned my respect.

The results? People treat me better. Girls cave to my demands even though they don't want it. And nobody makes any joke about me. Because of this I thought I was getting ahead, but in hindsight people were more intimidated by me rather than respected me. At least that's way better than being the underdog.

-Respect is earned, not given. If you really want respect, you have to bring true value to the table. I'm still not there yet, far from it, but I aim to become someone people look up to and not just someone people defer to out of conflict avoidance.

-Girls are actually wonderful creatures, but you have to be the men who deserve that feminine side of their personality. Early in my journey due to my sheer hatred I couldn't establish any comfort, which is why my progress in terms of bang was slow. As I get better, I start talking to girl instead of just gaming them. And I discovered they could be pretty pleasant to be around. Just need to know how to bring out the best in them instead of just getting lucky.

-Game is a number game. So many variable are out there, and even if you do have a default game that work, so many things can happen that it's difficult to reproduce the exact same result every time. And plus, bitches be flipping. She could be gobbing up your dick today and then never want to see you again. The contrary doesn't really work though.

-At the beginning, flake is part of your reality.

-Either the girl like you or she doesn't. No need to fret over IOI. This maybe because I'm still too much of a noob to convert "maybe" girls, but I've found that either girls are very responsive and contribute to the interaction, or they don't make effort to talk to you.

-Looks matters as a game multiplier, but most guys don't look their best yet. If you are average looking, chances are there's a lot you could do to maximize your look.

-Don't get too comfortable. It usually bites me in the ass. Whenever I relaxed around a girl I successfully gamed, she flipped. You need to get to a point where gaming becomes natural to you.

-Monogamy is stupid, but it can be advantageous for your societal values. Just don't get caught cheating. Don't get married.

-Girls just want to have fun. Tickle them, lift them up, tease them. Do it often.

-Know how to fight, but don't get into one. Especially with Little Dark [Image: lol.gif]

What I need to keep working on.

-I still haven't done pure cold approach yet. My approaches are a mix of social circle approach and cold approach, i.e you go to a dance event with 40+ people and approach there using dance ==> this is still cruising on easy mode. I need to really get out there more.

-My text game is almost non-existent. I still have PTSD over how needy I was in texts, so most of my texts are pure logistics.

-Step up from asshole game. I still have PTSD about being friendzone so I rely too much on aggressive blitzkrieg doctrine. To the point I'm very uncomfortable talking about anything intimate. Sometimes I read on here that you have to discuss the terms of your relationship with a girl. I'm like "just how do you do that? Do you just talk about it". I've been discussing with a few members around here and sometimes you need to address the elephant in the room, but I just avoid it.

-It gets to the point that whenever talking to a girl and she talks about a problem, not in a whining but in a sincere way, I just change the subject to something more fun because I was doctrinated "no negativity" around girls. Sure don't be a whiner but if a girl is telling you about something that's important to her, you gotta listen. Also I have this idea that girls don't give a fuck about you, and that all questions she ask are just for diplomacy's sake. So I avoid letting her know anything about me except stories where I DHV.

Shit I don't even know how to go on second date with a girl. So far I've gone on 2, and one including my LTR. After I'm done with the girl even if I want to see her again I'm like "what the fuck do I talk about now? I've spit all my game before the lay already. And I don't really care if she slip on her ass and falls down the sewer, I just wanna bang"

==> My comfort game sucks, though I did recently pull a SNL where the chemistry is unfucking believable and for a while I thought we were the most intimate lovers in the world.

Which brings me to another point. I let my guard down too easily. If a girl starts to get passionate and reciprocate, I let my game slide. Before I know it I'm needy again and got nailed to my coffin.

-I need to learn to chill. Even when I'm working on multiple girls I still fret over how to game each and every girl. This is very emotionally taxing.

-I need to ditch my negativity and stop fretting over past failures. Onto and Cheetah pointed this out to me. I used to see the dynamics of game as men and women being enemy and I have to fight with her and the world to get her pussy. Sometimes I really feel that's how it is. That negativity spills over to my game sometimes and girls can sense it. Sometimes girls are just a bit insecure herself and she just need a bit of reassurance from you that things are going fine. Instead I brought my guard up and try to use offensive game again, which often backfire. I need to let the girl be seduced and seduce me.

This will sound a bit like rambling, but overall I'm not happy with how things are. While the old beta me would drop his jaws and thinks he couldn't dream of achieving all this, I know better. I look around me and I see mediocre guys with hot chicks all the time, and they don't have to put in too much work. Whereas I'm putting in the effort and will need to invest even more, but has yet to see the result I desire. Granted, the context isn't exactly to my advantage: I'm an international student, Asian, 5"4 in a white country, and I only really like white girls. I know with more work I'll get there, but sometimes I just feel tired. And at any such time, this forum and some wonderful members have always been there to get me back on track.

Overall, 2014 has been transformational. Some good, some bad, but lots of things have changed. Important things. My progress in terms of bang is still excruciatingly slow, but I think of it as laying the foundational work. If 2015 keeps being this exciting, I can't wait to see what it will bring.

Happy hunting brothers [Image: smile.gif] Here's to a 2015 drown in pussies

[Image: 2721ff30d981d218b9a7c27bb03e5bcc.jpeg]

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie

Great summary. Very well written and easy to read. I will file this away as a "this is how you write a decent sized post"

Congrats man, sounds like you've come a really long way in a year, you're moving at lightening speed. A lot of wisdom here.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Cheers mate, great job.

I am putting my last things toghether in the next few day and I can seriously start 2015 with a kind of Roosh-Shock-Program.

BTW, what I have learned from the forum is that Game is not just pulling girls: it's getting "yourself" into a better physical/mental shape to deal with everything life throws at us.

Keep it up, you did a great job. [Image: wink.gif]

Eat. Sleep. Approach. Repeat.

Quote: (12-29-2014 02:34 PM)Dalaran1991 Wrote:  

Christmas 2013 Long story short, the "angel" I've been pining over is a narcissistic Lucifer-daughter who slept with both my Sensei and my "best" buddy at the time, while she keeps rejecting me. When that buddy laughed at me for the texts I sent her that she showed him, I became enraged.

I swore in the cold dark of night in my empty room that I will never know such humiliation again. That I will never give my dignity to a girl like that. That I will do whatever it takes at any price to get better with girls. I would commit all my existence to become someone people respect and look up to, and not a pathetic beta who needs pity and comfort.

[Image: clap2.gif]

^That right there. When something like that happens, you can sit around and feel sorry for yourself or you can do exactly what you've chosen to do.

I have some of the same hurdles to get past as you (getting comfortable, forgetting past failures, etc.), so those are some extremely motivational words for someone that is trying to accomplish that same type of success.

Sounds like you've learned some of the biggest lessons and with a mindset like yours, you definitely have a huge year ahead.

Dalaran, good write up, I feel like I can relate to your story in a lot of ways, although we are coming from different backgrounds. It sounds like you've made a great deal of progress for a guy whose just gotten into the game after one year, a lot of times it takes 2-3 years to have those kinds of break throughs.

Personally I also had a pretty good turn around from having gone from a super-beta MGTOW type to learning game and getting results within my first year, after reading and internalizing BANG, joining the forum, traveling, changing my look, style, appearance, traveling, and "re-inventing myself."

Then some things happened that I will offer as a cautionary tale, even though I was getting laid, had multiple girls interested, and had pushed myself to become more of an aggressive "alpha male", with a more brash extroverted personality and style, I hadn't fully eliminated my inner beta, I had simply swept it under the rug.

While my game was working, I eventually hooked up with an 8 that got me caught up with a serious life-threatening case of one-itis. Not only was she the hottest girl I had ever hooked up with, but she was also the wildest and best sex I had ever had. Having been such a horrible sexless beta for so many years, being with her was like a high in itself, because it stroked my ego so hard and let me rub it in the face of my friends who used to bust my balls, but were seething with jealousy that I had landed such a hot chick.

Then as the story predictably goes, the one-itis got me, and she turned out to be a completely psycho bitch, who expertly manipulated me, and slowly broke down my self confidence in order to keep me in a state where my one-itis for her kept me thinking that she was the best and hottest girl I could and would ever get, which kept me wrapped around her little finger.

Dalaran fortunately I think you have internalized and actualized the principles of red pill much better than me, and have said that you landed an 8 this past year, and I'm assuming you didn't "catch feelings", but for myself and a lot of guys who struggled with women, I think it's easy us to gaga over really hot chicks, often times at the expense of logic and reason.

I really hope your progress continues linearly forward, and things continue to improve as you improve upon your game and red pill understanding. Personally after 5 years I've seen periods of great improvement, followed by stagnation, and then regression, only to have to repeat the process all over again. We're all just "trying to make it" and sometimes game can be a rollercoaster ride.

Dalaran, I'm glad you wrote this, I appreciated reading it.

-In regards to letting your game slide, you should just let it be apart of you at all times, until it's natural.
-Once it slowly becomes apart of you, you won't have to fret about how you game every single girl on your radar. I've noticed this happening in me.
-ABSOLUTELY girls can smell negativity and insecurities like sharks smell blood in the water.
-I still stand by texting game be purely logistics, but nothing wrong with throwing a few things that are funny and flirty in between, especially if you got the bang (I see this as maintenance texting, if you're spinning her as a plate of course)

So far sounds like you've had some awesome fuckin progress dude ! Keep it up !

+1 Rep

Great post man, can I just ask a few questions?

1. How did you gare your ex to an SNL considering she would have only really remembered you as being very beta? Did you just randomly bump into her on the subway?

2. You sound like a really smooth talker to women, could you explain any techniques (other than practice of course) that you do to talk so well? What kind of stuff do you usually talk about?

And I swore that I would never again fall in "love".

The problem is not "love".

The problem is that you "loved" a woman who did not "love" you back.

You fell in love with a woman who was fucking other guys.. Don't blame love.. Don't blame the girl.. It was your choice.

I slurped on a bunch of hatred-filled redpill philosophy

If if a philosophy is filled with hate, it is not "red pill".

If a philosophy is filled with hate, its just bitterness, anger, rage, sadness, etc.

The red pill is about truth, not hate.

You're doing really well man, don't be so hard on yourself.

From just reading your post it seems that you should just enjoy this point in your life more especially with how young you are. I have to tell myself that all the time.

In my experience, comfort game is natural and not something I developed from studying game, although a few tips from heartiste are useful.

I'm gonna send you a pm. We should get a drink sometime.

Thanks everyone for all the comments and suggestions. I hope we can all learn from this and grow.

I'm leaving early tomorrow for Bordeaux to celebrate New Year so I will get back to you gents ASAP, but here are some quick things I totally forgot to add at the end of my OP:

If there are some things I would never ever regret taking, redpill or not, they are: dancing, bodybuilding and martial arts To master the world, you must first master your own body and mind.

Sometimes it feels like it's tough to be a man, but guys, being a man is the best thing you can be in this world. As a man we have agency and control over our life. This is why this forum exists, to help us better steer our life in the direction we want. I would much rather be a man and earn everything I own, than be a pretty girl and have everything handed to you on a silver platter while almost no one takes you seriously.

Even if the whole world turns against you, you can still walk away with your head held high "Fuck you, I am legend"

Go out there and be legends this New Year brothers [Image: smile.gif]

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie

'I became enraged.

I swore in the cold dark of night in my empty room that I will never know such humiliation again.'

That would be a good idea for a motion picture.
Stepping away from the jocular, from your very candid post one thing I see, which I realised this year, is that it takes a lot of sheer effort to do the things players do. Whilst one is in the hard learning phase, it's similar to a job. This is a topic about which not a lot is said. The step from beta to newbie (aspirant player) is massive. So many actions and tasks at this stage are unfamiliar and seemingly daunting. We realise how much work it takes to have a high notch count (unless one is famous and wealthy). The next frontier is newbie to intermediate.

Glad to hear things are going well.

Great post.

Great post Dalaran!!!!!

As others have mentioned, I agree that game is a work in progress and a process, and it is likely going to evolve differently for each of us and our own backgrounds and experiences and even our physical attributes and energy levels. Sometimes, we are going to adjust in one direction and then maybe other times in another direction and sometimes, we are going to revert to our previous practices because we conclude that approach to be the best for us at the time. In other words, each of us needs to arrive at our own judgement regarding applicability and the degree to which we will apply strategies to our own situation.

Also, game does seem to be something that we should develop and then just apply all of the time and to make it a part of our personal style and interactions with others. We should NOT feel like game is something phony or that game is really NOT a part of our true selves.

Even though I am more than 20 years older than you, I try to relate to various aspects of your described experiences, and I also try to reflect about how I was 20 years ago and my various perspectives. Certainly, the dynamics of gaming was much different 20 years ago, because we have experienced a lot of changes through technology, and even access to forums like RVF.

I remember 20 years ago, I had a fuller head of hair and my I could easily relate to young single chicks that were in various parts of my social interactions. Sometimes, I missed bangs because I just went through various processes blindly, and maybe I did NOT push hard enough or play my cards properly.

I recall one night when I was about 20 or 21 years old, being in a hotel with a 28 or 29 year old latina who was drunken off of her rockers and she was frisky as fuck, I kept looking up her skirt and I could see her bush through her panties. I was excited, but I was so intimidated by her being older than me that I was afraid to push matters too far with her to attempt to play with her more. I knew her through my work, and I was afraid of the next day fall outs. In some regards, just a few more years and a few more experiences and ideas can help us guys to convert the willing into bangs.. because upon reflection, I realized that the older latina would have probably put out for the younger me, if I had NOT been so afraid and timid in my attempts to escalate with her.

So, even though age and even knowledge of game can bring guys more confidence regarding how to proceed or being able to spontaneously negotiate negative terms into positive results, age does bring other obstacles (such as harder to fit into social circles and physical deteriorations) that, hopefully, game can help to overcome.