rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Yachting Career

Yachting Career

I am looking into the becoming an Engineer in a Superyacht.
Any forum members are Machinists/Engineers or ETOs at Motor or Sail Yachts?
Would be interesting to share experiences and connect.

Industry Positives:
-Rotation possible after 2-3 years experience (10weeks on/ 10weeks off with pay)
-Pay: varies on experience and position, but its very good.
-Travel: With the sunshine in the Mediterranean, Caribbean and more.

Negatives:
-Service industry. Slaves of the superich?
-Smallish industry

Yachting Career

I'm sorry I don't have any specific advice but I did meet someone who did this for a while.

He said it paid well and corroborated all of the positives you listed.

The downside and the reason he quit was that he said it was boring (that he'd have nothing to do in Cannes or wherever)?!

Yachting Career

I think there was a data sheet posted by someone on how to break into this field a while back...on mobile so you'll have to Google it yourself

Data Sheet Maps | On Musical Chicks | Rep Point Changes | Au Pairs on a Boat
Captainstabbin: "girls get more attractive with your dick in their mouth. It's science."
Spaniard88: "The "believe anything" crew contributes: "She's probably a good girl, maybe she lost her virginity to someone with AIDS and only had sex once before you met her...give her a chance.""

Yachting Career

Quote: (12-28-2014 01:10 PM)The_CEO Wrote:  

I'm sorry I don't have any specific advice but I did meet someone who did this for a while.

He said it paid well and corroborated all of the positives you listed.

The downside and the reason he quit was that he said it was boring (that he'd have nothing to do in Cannes or wherever)?!

Yes, I have also been told it might get boring fast.
the thing is that since I am starting from scratch, I have a lot to learn and that should keep me engaged, at least for 5 years. By then I would be making really good money and would be on rotation.

Yachting Career

Quote: (12-28-2014 01:57 PM)polar Wrote:  

I think there was a data sheet posted by someone on how to break into this field a while back...on mobile so you'll have to Google it yourself

I have looked for info in the forum about this career, lifestyle and I found nothing**** correction, I found this: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-26676.html.

If you can do better than me, I would appreciate.

Yachting Career

Wish granted:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-33110-...54304.html

Data Sheet Maps | On Musical Chicks | Rep Point Changes | Au Pairs on a Boat
Captainstabbin: "girls get more attractive with your dick in their mouth. It's science."
Spaniard88: "The "believe anything" crew contributes: "She's probably a good girl, maybe she lost her virginity to someone with AIDS and only had sex once before you met her...give her a chance.""

Yachting Career

For men, if you are looking for one of the higher paying jobs, such as Captain, 1st mate, Chief engineer, Engineer, you will require certification if the yacht is for charter or is a larger yacht and you must be a US citizen on US flagged yachts. Most yachts outside the US and many that call in port there are red flagged boats meaning they are registered in a country that observes UK MCA(Maritime and Coastguard Agency) regulations and you will therefore have to be certified by them for the above positions. The reason most charter and larger yachts are regulated by these agencies is due to insurance.
There are however many other positions on board that only require STCW 95 or 2010. Those that can pay well are Chef and Stewardess. Deckhands and Oilers(non certified engineers) can get their education paid for sometimes if they show a willingness to stick with their yacht or can pay to take classes to get certification. On charter yachts pay can be small sometimes but tips can be huge. $10,000/month is not uncommon, more for the top guys usually.
For those that have yachting experience, but no certifications, you can take short classes and test into certification like I did. Engineers are still the most in demand and well paid.