rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Any of you been SpeedDating lately?

I'm in NYC so I figure the prospects would be pretty good..

Any of you do this lately?

Yes but in the UK. Managed to meet someone as my wing on the night and got 2 women from it.
Considering doing it again. I think it probably helped that I had met them before the event started and as we registered first, we were able to have a long chat.

Not recently, but I went 3 times last year and it was a waste of time. A lot of ugly entitled bitches, very hard to find an attractive girl there, or maybe I was just unlucky.

I got a few matches from these 3 events and went out on a date with one of the girls, but I wasn't interested so didn't call her back to meet her again and bang even though she was interested. Other matches either didn't reply to my first emails, or somehow disappeared in the process of setting up dates. My email/text game was shit at that time. I was just a lurker on RVF and didn't know some of the basic stuff.

I get much better results from online dating and Tinder in the NY area. Basically, dating in NY is a numbers game with a relatively low yield because everybody has a lot of options. Therefore, it doesn't make sense to waste time and money to see 10 random girls if you can just autolike a couple of thousands on Tinder in 20 minutes.

how old were the girls there? I'm only 22

Quote: (12-26-2014 01:31 PM)TrueSlyr Wrote:  

how old were the girls there? I'm only 22

They have age ranges. I went to 22-32, 25-35 or something like that. Many girls looked like they were in their 30s. I also noticed that tickets sell out fast for men for the younger age ranges, because naturally men are more interested in younger women. I subscribed to a mailing list and managed to get free tickets to two out of the three events. I would only recommend these events if you can get in for free and have nothing else to do.

If you decide do go, take a bunch of post it notes and a pen with you and just write down your number and hand it to the girl if you feel the vibe. You can also ask for the girls's numbers or maybe they'll offer them to you. This is a good way to get around their stupid system where they'll only send you the contact details of the girls you officially "matched" with. There are some problems with this system: girls may forget to check your name, some don't even bother to fill out the sheets. If both of you mark each other as matches, you'll have to wait a couple of days for the emails to be sent by the organizers.

Another problem is logistics: if you live in a good part of Manhattan, that's fine and you can ignore this, but many girls who go to speed dating events live out in the boroughs or Jersey. If you live, say, in Brooklyn or Queens and the girl lives in Jersey, then even if you match, setting up a date close to your (or her) place can be a little tricky. Online, you can screen for this easily and either avoid messaging these girls or just tell them to meet near your place of get lost. With speed dating, if you only get a couple of matches out of an event, your options are much more limited.

^^ Sounds like a spot on analysis. For which mailing list(s) did you sign up?

Basically, I just looked for "speed dating" on meetup.com and then found a couple of other websites. I can't remember the exact names of the agencies, something like Moxie Dating and AreYouStillSingle. There is also a meetup group that sends free speed dating invites on the same day if they know they won't find enough participants.

Went to an event about 18 months ago. It feels very forced, and most of the women are average (and on the older side). The plus side is that you aren't going to get blown out. I would recommend if you're new to game and still have some approach anxiety. It will give you practice on starting simple conversations and doing a bit of banter/flirting. You'll get conditioned into starting conversations with random women.

Did this years ago. I found the best strategy was to go the bar where the event was being held, but don't sign up for the event, just game the bitches when everyone mingles at the end. You already know they're there to be picked up. If you have even decent game, you can line up several dates. Most of the men at these events have shit game so your boldness in getting numbers at the bar will pay off.

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat

I went speed dating at the start of the year with a couple of friends.
There were a lot of shit-test questions that I wasn't prepared for so it didn't come as much surprise when nothing came of it.
A good learning experience for dealing with those situations.

Quote: (12-27-2014 08:52 AM)ElBorrachoInfamoso Wrote:  

Did this years ago. I found the best strategy was to go the bar where the event was being held, but don't sign up for the event, just game the bitches when everyone mingles at the end. You already know they're there to be picked up. If you have even decent game, you can line up several dates. Most of the men at these events have shit game so your boldness in getting numbers at the bar will pay off.

Brilliant. And that's also a good way to get around the age brackets. If you're late 30s, I don't know if speed dating would even allow you to sign up for the event with 20s women. But if you show up afterward then none of it matters. Should be really easy to break the ice:

"What have you been up to tonight?"

"Just finished this speed dating thing"

"Speed dating?? What is that?" [Image: angel.gif]

How are the girls in these events? I can imagine the flake rates in speed dating would be extremely low. This is a venue where girls pay to attend and meet men.

Quote: (01-01-2015 11:01 PM)GenghisKhan Wrote:  

How are the girls in these events? I can imagine the flake rates in speed dating would be extremely low. This is a venue where girls pay to attend and meet men.

My experience mirror's that of Brodiaga's. What initially drew me to the idea of speed dating was the scene from 40 year old Virgin however fantasies of meeting HB's as Steve Carrell did immediately disappeared when I saw the mediocre quality.

I used a website called prosinthecity.com to attend a couple speed dating events. They were disasters. One event had more guys than girls (even though the organizers claimed before the event that more women had signed up), around 16 guys and 10 girls so every other "date" I was joking with the girls that I ended up "dating my cell phone". Also, the event was supposed to be 30's but women showed up from mid 20's all the way to one college professor who must have been at least 63. Also, I am not into black women but both times i've attended more than half the group was African American women which I can't relate to. Also, out of the 3 events I attended I would say only a quarter of the women were attractive and you could see every guy going all out for the same 3 or 4 women. Thus, a few girls get almost all the attention while the majority fatties end up just wasting one's time.

Out of the 3 speed dating events over the last 2 years that I ended up going on the results were:
1 marathon date with a cute Latina (no bang though as she was older and it turned me off); another semi-date where I met a girl at a concert but we didn't socialize much, and 2 number closes. I could have done better on a Friday night at a club than wasting all that time with commuting and sitting around having shallow interviews.