rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Jakarta, 4 day field report

4 days in Jakarta.

So, I'm currently in Thailand, and have pretty much nothing to do tonight as I took antibiotics today. I though I'd write up my 4 nights there for your information and something of a cautionary warning.

I arrive In Jakarta at 4pm on Wednesday, which is 4 hours behind my timezone so I'm a little jet-lagged. The traffic from the airport is moderate by Jakarta standards and takes a about 1.5 hours to Senayan.

After checking in and chilling for an hour I go through my location spoofed Tinder matches and follow up on a couple. As someone mentioned on a previous Jakarta thread you will be overwhelmed with the number of matches and messages and it will start to annoy you, I decide to just head out and do things old school style as Wednesday is ladies night in Jakarta.

First stop is X2 at around 11pm, it's dead, maybe twenty people and stays the same for around half an hour. Ditch and get a cab to dragonfly, it's better, around 2 thirds full and mostly girls. I post up at the bar and straight away a guy starts chatting to me and then buys me a beer and a tequila without me asking.... I accept so as not to appear rude and small talk with him for five, he's Indonesian, and I notice he's wearing a v neck T so ludicrously deep that he must be gay. I try and buy him a beer back but he pays for that as well when I'm distracted and drasgs me over to his table to meet his friends, 2 guys and 3 girls, 2 of whom are hot. I start chatting to one of them and ask if her friends gay, she says yes, and you too? Ok... Nope, I'm just wearing a blazer and a pocket square so maybe you should let your friend know.

She talks to him and he looks disappointed but shakes my hand. Fair enough, could have been worse.

I politely leave their table having already consumed a large vodka from their bottle and head to the bar area again. There's a few hotties around but I get a whore vibe from a lot of them, it's difficult to tell here sometimes.

After a few chats and ten minutes a cute looking one opens me on the pocket square, quite a stunner if a little older and dressed well. After a couple mins a girl accidentally spills a drink on her shoe and she nearly has a fight with guy she's with. Her Indonesian guy friend steps in and says something to them and they basically run away to bar and buy as all drinks then slink off. Interesting.

We grab a table with a couch and hit some tequilas, turns out she's from LA and is half indo half Afghani, she's here on vacation and to visit her brother in prison. Mmm hmmm, seems like I've found trouble again.

Can't remember when we left but her friend drove us to her hotel, which was some really pimping $600 a night suite. I thought my hotel was not bad but was actually a little jealous seeing that.
The friend sticks around for an hour but doesn't attempt to cock block and leaves of his own accord, presumably when he was satisfied I'm not a rapist.

No bang that night as I wasn't packing one in the wallet but ended up leaving around 10am feeling pretty faded.

Day 2
Jet lag and hangover has hit me pretty badly. Get up late and go to gym then Los Angeles calls me about 4pm.shes shopping with her brother and wants to come over later. Still keen to close this one so agree and she turns up about 930. As we're waiting for elevator in my hotel she runs into about she 'used to date'. Lol. The first thing out of her mouth is 'were not having sex, I just want to cuddle and talk, I hate sleeping alone' rightio love.... I go down to resto below the hotel and get 4 bintangs to ease the pain. She complains the hotel is too small, then asks for a T shirt to wear and knocks back a xanax with her beer. Jesus Christ.

She passes out them wakes up and wants to bang. I listen to her life story for an hour afterwards before falling asleep. Suffice to say this girl has issues and is a classic case of the damaged beauty, complete with a beta ex husband waiting for her in Los Angeles amongst other things. I feel a bit bad but they're separated anyway and if it wasn't me it would be someone else. Didn't find out til after anyway.

Spend the next day banging more and have lunch then she heads off to Bali, no doubt for the next round of dick.

Day 3
Wake up feeling refreshed as i did half a xanax too. Go to gym and procrastinate for the rest of the day. It's pissing with rain most of the afternoon and previous Jakarta trips have taught me there's not really much to do except shop in the daytime here. Drink at the hotel until 10 and planning to go to potato head, a one hour plus taxi line outside my hotel changes my plans and decide to give x2 another shot.

End up meeting another forum member there and we split a bottle with another guy. I try for the hottest girl in the entire club and seem to be going ok for twenty minutes but can't close and end up leaving with a girl who's friend invited me to her table towards the end of the night, she won't come with me to the hotel though so I leave her in a cab and walk the rest of the way back.

Day 4
Fatigue has started to set I'm, I consider staying in as I'm flying the next day and start lining up a few tinders. One looks great but doesn't drink and wants to meet in pizza hut.... I can't be bothered and after a few beers decide to push through and head out again. Being incredibly lazy I head to x2 again as it's a walk away and had some talent the night before. It's relatively dead when I turn up but picks up around 1130 when the for member I met the night before also turns up after trying dragonfly.

We split a bottle again between us which in retrospect was a terrible idea after several beers and 3 tequilas. The rest of the night is a blur, hitting on several groups and ending up with a girl towards the end of the night.

I wake up with the girl poking me at about 930 asking me for money, I have a banging headache and I'm naked, a quick scan of the room reveals no used condom wrappers, my heart sinks.

I take the girl down just to get rid of her and give her $50 or something, in my eagerness to throw it at her and tell her to fuck off I leave my atm card in the machine.

Dazed and confused I go to get coffee and smoke about 18 cigs trying to piece the night together. I tell myself to calm down. I go back to the atm when I realise my cards missing but it's already gone so I go back up to the hotel and search around in the vain hope of finding a used condom.

Needless to say I don't and a quick count up confirms the same.

On the way to airport Los Angeles calls me and invites me to Bali to party for 2 days, I'm just trying to hold it together to get on the flight to Bangkok but a friendly voice was quite good to hear.

I hang around in the airport for what seems like forever and eventually get on after a delay and we're in the air.

Flying always makes me think strange thoughts and in my hungover and anxious start I almost have a minor panic attack. It's a 3 hour flight and at about 2.40 into it I need to piss. As I look down at my Johnson after I'm dismayed but not shocked to see a 1cm reddish brown spot on my foreskin. I stumble back to my seat, take some deep breaths and remind myself to get a grip.

After landing I've pre ordered a taxi which turms up on time and eventually get to my apartment in Sukhumvit. I realise later I gave the taxi driver the equivalent of $300 instead of $30 as I was still thinking in fucking Indonesian Rupiah.

I curse what gods I can remember and them remind myself I'm an atheist. I cancel my atm card and confirm no fraud occurred which is something I guess.

I avoid inspecting my dick for the rest of the night and tell myself there's nothing to be gained by googling STD symptoms at midnight and eventually fall into a fitful sleep.

I wake up feeling slightly better and confirm it doesn't appear to look any worse than it did the night before.

After an hours googling I grab 1g of azithromycin and a pack of Aldara from the pharmacy to pre emptively zap any chlamydia or gonorrhea and take a gamble it might be genital warts.

Got a drs appointment tomorrow to take a look just In case. I'm hoping this won't ruin the rest of my month long trip.

Be careful out there guys, alcohol is a dangerous drug.

The OP might unfortunately not remember this, anyone though knows if pros in Jakarta tell upfront that they want money or is it needed to ask questions to make sure that she isn't a pro?

Should be obvious enough to see from how they dress, how they respond to eye contact and the amount of makeup they wear.

What about trannies in Jakarta, much less than in Bangkok?

As far as I can remember she didn't obviously look. Like a hooker, she was pretty young, maybe 23. Memory is unreliable though she may have been upfront and I just thought fuck it, I really can't tell. I suspect it may have been a freelance opportunistic type of situation.

I've been jkt and these type of clubs twice before as well as the obvious places in Asia and this is the first time this has happened.

The same thing happened to the guy I went out with that night, his girl asked for money by surprise in the morning and I do remember her and wouldn't have obviously picked her out as a pro.

Trannies are not prolific in Jakarta but thanks for putting the thought in my head!

Quote:Quote:

Trannies are not prolific in Jakarta but thanks for putting the thought in my head!

You're welcome.

I'd say a few are opportunists really just looking to recover expenses ... e.g. their taxi ride home. FYI ... X2 is not where you will find the best Jakarta has to offer, however it may be easier there than elsewhere. I recommend hitting SCBD ... there is enough choice there to suit most (live music venues, beer gardens, bars). The club where I saw the highest concentration of beauty has to be Empirica. I will see if I can find a photo later to prove my point. The thing to remember is that the locus of attention moves quickly in Jkta to the newest venues; there is little loyalty.

to whoever asked, yes there are plenty of transgender women/men in jakarta. obviously varying degrees of success on the surgery front because many are plainly obvious while there are also some that you would never in a million years guess. they often hang out in empirica and skye bar, though there are definitely some i know that go to x2 and dragonfly a ton as well.

Quote: (12-22-2014 08:41 PM)echo park Wrote:  

to whoever asked, yes there are plenty of transgender women/men in jakarta. obviously varying degrees of success on the surgery front because many are plainly obvious while there are also some that you would never in a million years guess. they often hang out in empirica and skye bar, though there are definitely some i know that go to x2 and dragonfly a ton as well.

Have most of the 'hard to guess' types had surgery to look like a women even without clothes?

I got the impression that X2 wasn't exactly a good place, and that Dragonfly was the place that all the gringo hunters were going.

I went to Blowfish and found the quality there to be better too, although those girls didn't seem to be AS slutty. It's really remarkable how slutty some of these girls are, especially considering the fact that it's Indonesia. Muslims were just as slutty from my experience.

I did get the feeling that all of these girls are just running through 5-10 guys a week off of Tinder, which kind of bothered me. That being said, the competition is weak. There were some guys who were 'foreign models' at Dragonfly when I was there, and they were just a couple of average Aussies wasting their life away for $100/photo shoot apparently. Most of the expats are older.

The tinder quality is weak too. I don't recommend it - you won't feel satisfied with any of the girls on there. They all show up looking worse than in person, especially if you're more into Chinese/Korean/Japanese/Taiwanese (aka whiter and taller) girls. It is easy though, especially if you are good looking. Every girl that showed up to meet me was like oh shit, you aren't ugly. I was like oh shit, you're 150 cm and not nearly as cute as you looked online.....Still can't believe how some people said on here that they were pulling anything above a 6 from Tinder. All the girls that I listed in my phone as 7's ended up being 5's.

Mall game is so easy in Jakarta. I didn't really have any time to daygame since I was working when I was there earlier this month, but the one time I was in Grand Indonesia I managed to pull without much effort. The girl literally looked at me and smiled. I just told her not to be shy and that we should get coffee, and then an hour later we were swimming at my pool.

I actually liked Jakarta a lot, more than I liked gaming the women. The clubs were fun, the food was good, and I was actually working so I was never bored. I recommend a place in the Mega Kuningan area - I stayed at the Oakwood Serviced Apartments. Jakarta reminded me of a 2nd tier Chinese city with better air. Kind of like Nanning in China. Will be going back several times this year and will hopefully have some time to create a bit of a better data sheet.

Oh man, alcohol will screw your up, especially in an unfamiliar 3rd world country.

I had my share of problems when I drank a lot in Jakarta. Nothing too serious, though I regret losing a brand new and pretty expensive phone. Also, while drunk, brought home a couple of chicks I shouldnt have brought in hindsight. Not hideous, but definitely not worth bringing. Also missed out on potential bangs with some hot girls.

When I was in the Philippines recently, I took it easy with alcohol and relied more on coffee dates and less on nightlife/boozing. My results were much better in terms of quality. I also enjoyed the trip more.

Co sign on x2 and dragonfly being full of bule hunters and on the tinder girls. Should have ventured out a bit further but was lazy as only there 4 days.

I did check out blowfish and colloseum amongst others last trip and found them super young and Chinese, not cup of tea at all but worth checking out I guess. Empirica sounds good. I have to fly back VIa Jakarta and Bali so may give it a go.

Right, off to Drs appointment, fingers crossed.

The overall impression I got from a lot of Jakarta girls is that the ones who party even a bit ride the carousel harder than anywhere else in asia. That sounds amazing considering the Philippines but with filipinas the category of girls you come into contact with is from a much broader slice of the population. There are more normal girls in the Phi who really aren't that slutty normally but will still date foreigners. In Jakarta it seemed like it was mostly lower middle to upper class party girls who were down with a very dedicated hardcore bule groupie niche.

The idea of girls running through Tinder in Jakarta makes a lot of sense. The ones I were with all seemed to give me the impression there's not much to do except eat and fuck in Jakarta. They were always talking up their next vacation abroad.

Lots of the Tinder girls had loads of vacation pics in foreign lands too. Many studied in Australia, Canada, or whatever. I'm not much of a fan of the westernization though, many were way too westernized for my tastes.

Just doesn't sound like a good time to me. Indonesia is a country with 6 time zones and 250 million people, with rainforest, coral reefs, and ruins and volcanoes - and great women. So why go there to get drunk in the same 2 bars with the same small group of bule-hunting skanks.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Quote: (12-22-2014 10:28 PM)RawGod Wrote:  

Just doesn't sound like a good time to me. Indonesia is a country with 6 time zones and 250 million people, with rainforest, coral reefs, and ruins and volcanoes - and great women. So why go there to get drunk in the same 2 bars with the same small group of bule-hunting skanks.

Jakarta is just a place to stop by and get your dick wet on your way to work or a layover for a scuba diving/surfing/bird watching trip elsewhere. It's like the sketchy truck stop in SEA.

It's not bad but probably a bit overrated. I still think manila is way better overall.

I can't imagine anyone wanting to live in Jakarta beyond a month or two though. It's just not a good place for anything else.

I would actually agree just got a 4 day stopover there in way to Thailand as the flight prices worked out that way. Will check out yogyakarta and Bali on the way back and will be starting clear of Jakarta.

Looks like I dodged a bullet, no symptoms and blood work all clear, 2 hour turnaround time gotta love Thailand.

Apparently probably a friction burn or blister. Lesson learned, I'll be having a quiet few nights sans alcohol.

+1 for nice you-are-there writing on the Indo experience, but you don't have to risk wrecking your life with alcohol to develop your writing talent.

Blackouts are a bad sign of predisposition to alcoholism.

Quote: (12-23-2014 03:53 AM)192 Wrote:  

Looks like I dodged a bullet, no symptoms and blood work all clear, 2 hour turnaround time gotta love Thailand.

Apparently probably a friction burn or blister. Lesson learned, I'll be having a quiet few nights sans alcohol.

In BKK, I don't know where to find but 4rd generation tests survey DNA fingerprints of HIV and types of Hepatitis, in a short time. You can get clear idea just after 9-12 days. You might get HPV which doesn't kill men...

Are you sure that you did have sex with her and that you didn't just pass out on the bed and the girl in the morning acted as you did more things to extract some money out of you?

Quote: (12-22-2014 09:28 PM)elcidcampeador Wrote:  

... Jakarta reminded me of a 2nd tier Chinese city with better air. Kind of like Nanning in China.

If air in Jakarta is better, I wonder how bad air in China is!

Quote: (12-23-2014 08:59 AM)Northern Wrote:  

Quote: (12-22-2014 09:28 PM)elcidcampeador Wrote:  

... Jakarta reminded me of a 2nd tier Chinese city with better air. Kind of like Nanning in China.

If air in Jakarta is better, I wonder how bad air in China is!

I think china IS supposed to be worse cuz that is where all the manufacturing and elecricty demand is. So it will be bad.

192, awesome partying with you! I'm glad the bottle served you well. [Image: smile.gif]

These chicks in these clubs in Jakarta are probably not your average Jakarta girls. One girl asked me for taxi money in the morning. I asked her if she ever asks guys for money for sex and she said sometimes. With that I felt disgusted... I freaking hate these semi-pro bitches, I too did not use a condom for the first half. It's such a tough job to get away from them in SEAsia. I went and opened the door, told her she's a piece of shit and told her to get out.

One thing is pretty clear to me now, anywhere in SEAsia, where you get white dudes you get hookers.

None the less, Jakarta is still a pussy heaven and Tinder is probably the best way to go. Got 60 matches in 15 mins or so. Banged a virgin in my rooftop hotel pool overlooking the Jakarta skyline which was pretty awesome.

Some Jakarta advice:

1) Your foreigner value is probably the highest I've ever experienced in the world.
2) Use Tinder. Many girls are conservative muslims but they are still women with women emotions, needs and fully functioning vaginas. Just ignore the fact that they are conservative.
3) DONT go on dates if they bring a friend with them. Massive cock block.
4) Stay near Grand Indonesia. It's pretty central.
5) Don't get ripped off with taxis. Always always always use the meter. Airport to central is about 150k. Not 500k as they will try and scam you at the airport. Just queue up for the Blue Bird taxi.
6) When in a club, massively high energy and opening everyone seems to work best. The guys were really friendly, girls see your running the pack and its just really easy to open girls after doing this. I didn't feel any aggression at all. Everyone just wants to meet you.
7) When in a club, its surprisingly difficult to open at the beginning. When the girls get drunk it is MUCH easier to open. Its a huge noticeable difference from anywhere else in the world as I have seen.
8) Clubbing usually starts very late, clubs usually only start to get going at about midnight, still people rolling in at 1am.
9) Try not to have too much fun. I forgot to pull as I was just having too much fun (and drunk) in X2 one night, at the end of the night my options where becoming limited. Ended up being raped by a fugly, which was just not necessary if I had kept my eye on the time.
10) Clubbing in Jakarta can be pretty expensive. I spent over $100 some nights. But thats getting bottles with 192 on two of the nights.
11) Avoid going to clubs in north Jakarta. I went to Millys by myself on Thursday, I was solo and the only white guy there. EVERYONE was on drugs. I was actually pretty scared. Some guys were friendly, others were not. Was quite scared of opening chicks (they were buzzing their nut off), last thing I need is a jealous boyfriend fucked off his face causing problems, in a foreign city, with no backup or escape plan.

I won't be going back to Jakarta again anytime soon, even though the pussy situation is probably the best I've seen in SEAsia.