rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

New York MTA Starts Misandrist Campaign Against "Manspreading" On Subway Trains

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/21/nyregi....html?_r=0

Quote:Quote:

It is the bane of many female subway riders. It is a scourge tracked on blogs and on Twitter.

And it has a name almost as distasteful as the practice itself.

It is manspreading, the lay-it-all-out sitting style that more than a few men see as their inalienable underground right.

Now passengers who consider such inelegant male posture as infringing on their sensibilities — not to mention their share of subway space — have a new ally: the Metropolitan Transportation Authority.

Taking on manspreading for the first time, the authority is set to unveil public service ads that encourage men to share a little less of themselves in the city’s ever-crowded subways cars.

Here is one of the posters to be used:

[Image: 21MANSPREADING4web-articleLarge.jpg]

There is a disgusting video with the article in which youtube puppet Johnny T. talks to the NYT female reporter who wrote the article about this campaign. There is also a profile of some cunt named Kelly Rae O'Donnell who "confronts manspreaders and tweets photos of them".

These Year Zero misandrist antics are reaching a kind of fever pitch; it seems that there is something new everyday. The use of the word "scourge" here is meant and felt; these people really see a man at his ease as a scourge that must be exterminated. I wrote about that in an earlier thread about a Tumblr devoted to this very subject:

Quote: (01-30-2014 10:13 PM)The Lizard of Oz Wrote:  

Quote: (01-30-2014 10:00 PM)Dusty Wrote:  

First world problems.

These bishes have it so easy, they have to fish for shit like this to complain about. Talk about privilege! How privileged must your life be that this is one of your biggest concerns?

See Dusty, it's not really about this non-existent concern.

The sight of a man relaxedly taking up his space as if he owns it is hateful to these people. Because they can't believe these men are spreading out as if they don't realize that they are the problem, and what they need to do is shrink and disappear. Do you see?

Quote: (01-30-2014 09:59 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

Not just built the trains. Built the tracks. Powering the trains. Armies of engineers to build the tunnels, ensure their structural integrity and safety, formulate an emergency plan, hundreds of years of trial and error developing brake systems and railroad trucks, getting the trains to run a set schedule with respectable consistency and reliability.

Thedude, what you rightly see as man's achievement and glory is precisely what they feel is the problem: man building more and more "gadgets", taking up more and more space from "nature", imposing his will everywhere.

These men sitting at their ease on these moving machines designed and built by other men -- they are seen as monstrous, because they sit as if they haven't heard the news that it's time for us to stop, that there is to be no more growth and no more ever expanding ease, that the human being cannot just keep arrogating more and more power to itself as if there was nothing to stop it.

That's what is really going on here. Do you see?

I hope these despicable posters are defaced by the most obscene drawings that New York subway artists can come up with; if each manspreader's crotch is not sporting a pair of balls and a huge cock reaching out towards other passengers, I will be disappointed in humanity. And I hope guys who use public transportation make sure to manspread as often and as obstreperously as possible.

Fuck this Year Zero scum. They don't have a Stalinist secret police to back them up and they don't really have ready recourse to decisive violence. Defy them at every turn, and let them choke on their own hatred.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

New York is America's real nanny state.

You know that pervy guy on the subway we all wish would disappear because he jerks off in public?

Suddenly, I find myself hoping he becomes a ubiquitous presence, spreading his seed all over those petty enough to support a campaign like this. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Every time I ride the NYC subway or the Chicago L, I deliberately spread my legs as wide as possible to piss these people off.

How dare men have dominant body language! How dare they show their sexuality! These cishet men need to "check their privilege."

We clearly need to enact laws preventing this disgusting display of male privilege.

I was on the Washington Metro two days ago. I took up all the space I damn well pleased.

If you're not fucking her, someone else is.

A visitor from LA quoted in the article has the right attitude:

Quote:Quote:

Riding the F train from Brooklyn to Manhattan on a recent afternoon, Fabio Panceiro, 20, was unapologetic about sitting with his legs spread apart.

“I’m not going to cross my legs like ladies do,” he said. “I’m going to sit how I want to sit.”

And what if Mr. Panceiro, an administrative assistant from Los Angeles, saw posters on the train asking him to close his legs? “I’d just laugh at the ad and hope that someone graffitis over it,” he said.

[Image: thumb.gif]

This is just a "shit test", says a lot though that the NY times is publishing stories like this.

Most of the agita about "manspreading" and "men taking up too much space on the subway" comes from the poor socialization of Millennials, Millennial girls in particular.

AnonymousBosch and Days of Broken Arrows have talked about this before: Millennial women are uncomfortable with male sexuality and men in general. They grow up in age-segregated, gender-segregated cocoons, listening to female singers, consuming grrl-power entertainment, and only interacting with other girls. As a result, they have no clue how to deal with men and how men behave.

"Rape culture," Tinder, the whining about "catcalling," all of it stems from the fundamental social retardation of Millennial women. They're so entitled and retarded that they think they have a fundamental right to not have to come into contact with any man they don't want to... even in a crowded, public environment like the subway.

[Image: BMkb87RCMAIJsB_.png]

The Personal Space Box is the perfect visualization of how Millennial girls think. Narcissism and poor socialization combine to create a monster. She exists in her own reality, oblivious to the humanity of those around her... and woe befall any fool who punctures her bubble.

How sheltered from adversity women must be to have this as one of their chief concerns.

Take care of those titties for me.

Make way, manspreaders, gotta make room for these gems!:
[Image: Screen-Shot-2012-04-17-at-9.58.58-PM.png]

[Image: fat.jpg]

[Image: 0.jpg]

[Image: public-transportation-fat-woman-subway.jpg]

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

I've said this before, but if it's a full train, I'm stepping into the fucking box.

Also, to build off of Matt's excellent points, it's generally only the worse looking women who are like this. The three biggest feminists I know in college are probably a 4, a 5, and a 4. Another one has nice tits, but is an absolute bitch (so she's a 5, I guess).

Ever notice that genuinely attractive women aren't crazy feminists?

If you're not fucking her, someone else is.

So....let me get this straight.

The MTA, which is bleeding cash (as always) and thus needs to continually raise fares, to the point where they now charge you for new Metro Cards, is spending money on this?

[Image: laugh5.gif]

I've always spread my legs apart (not ridiculously so) and won't be stopping. In fact, I think I'll spread them wider now.

Guess it's just not enough to be expected to pull them in only when someone needs the seat, no, it's "infringing on their sensibilities."

First world fucking problems personified.

Read my Latest at Return of Kings: 11 Lessons in Leadership from Julius Caesar
My Blog | Twitter

Get a graphic designer to make up some sticker sets that fit perfectly on to the poster with the same style and colours. The sticker sets would consist of funny hats, joke t-shirts, funny accessories etc that you can stick on top of the posters to take away from the message and make it appear comical and funny for other train users.

Leave free sticker sets on chairs and benches encouraging others to join in on mocking the message. The best way to fight them is to corrupt their message so its associated with being a joke movement and also sexist.

For example you go put some sticker shopping bags and a wig (making it look like a girl shopping and reversing the message).

I think this is not just a reflection of millennial sensibilities and spoiled brat first world problems, though that's certainly a part of it. There is a whiff of real unaffected hatred that emanates from this campaign. Again, the title of the article begins with the phrase "A Scourge Is Spreading", and the word "scourge" is pointedly used again in the introductory sentence. It is intended to sound "snarky" but it betrays a real feeling. There is true hatred afoot for the man at his ease, the man who lives and sits and slouches as if he is unaware of the truths that he must be aware of at every instant. It is much like the hatred that these people feel for the endlessly slandered "frat bros", whom they do not really see as human beings, and springs from the same evil source.

Nothing -- nothing -- is more begrudged than this unaffected relaxation in a man who should know better. I wrote about what I see as the true roots of this hatred in a couple of different posts in the thread that I linked to in the OP (that thread was about a Tumblr devoted to men taking up too much space on trains):

Quote: (01-30-2014 09:14 PM)The Lizard of Oz Wrote:  

This is as bad as it gets. The purest hatred of the male and essentially of the human being.

This really is the heart of darkness.

Quote: (01-30-2014 09:36 PM)The Lizard of Oz Wrote:  

Really -- this monstrous site lays bare the darkest thoughts and feelings that are at the heart of radical feminism, radical environmentalism, and similar essentially nihilist ideologies.

They are animated by fear of life and hatred of the human being and of its ultimate avatar, the man -- the being that makes progress, conquers and subdues nature, and appropriates more space and more power over the dead matter that surrounds it.

Yet these people in their terrible nihilistic frenzy wish to cut the human being down to size -- if not to eliminate it completely. And what better metonymy for their fear and hatred than this very literalized resentment of "men taking up too much space"?

Some may think I'm exaggerating -- no. This little tumblr is the terrible distillation of the worst of the worst. It is pure poison.

Another sign of the strength of hatred that underlies this campaign is the brilliance of the very word "manspreading". It is an extremely effective and nasty term -- such linguistic ease and inspiration only springs from a depth of confident feeling. In this case the feeling is hatred.

Quote: (12-20-2014 06:18 PM)Truth Teller Wrote:  

How dare men have dominant body language! How dare they show their sexuality! These cishet men need to "check their privilege."

We clearly need to enact laws preventing this disgusting display of male privilege.

I was on the Washington Metro two days ago. I took up all the space I damn well pleased.

Like most things, is a shit, test, is like a way to see what men are brave and confident enough to go against the regime. There is even a Tumblr for that
http://mentakingup2muchspaceonthetrain.tumblr.com/

Meanwhile, alpha as fuck
[Image: tumblr_n2aikxOZRm1sqv9too1_500.jpg]

Quote: (12-20-2014 06:26 PM)Matt Forney Wrote:  

Most of the agita about "manspreading" and "men taking up too much space on the subway" comes from the poor socialization of Millennials, Millennial girls in particular.

Yes. They're neither brave nor polite enough to say, "Excuse me."

Do you all think a new hashtag "FatChickSpreading", or "FatterThanTheSign" campaign would be effective?

Enough is enough.

It's time for us to fight back.

It's time to start riding the subway like Jean-Claude Van Damme.

[Image: van-damme-splits.png]

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

The proper response to this campaign is simple. Say it proud and loud:

"His body, his choice."

[Image: ea767d1fa0cc498272ed158e88af5d20ca6f4754...9bd90a.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_ndid5mbK7Q1sqv9too1_500.jpg]

So depressing. I never want to associate with those people. There comes a point where forcing yourself not to interact with those around you probably fucks with your very core as a person.

This is shit testing.

Feminists want to put in place an event where they make men jump through hoops.

An assertion of their power.

The fact they've co opted a government bureaucracy to play along is somewhat alarming, showing how scarce critical thought is.

Quote: (12-20-2014 06:01 PM)la_mode Wrote:  

New York is America's real nanny state.

It certainly is becoming that with DiBlasio

Quote: (12-20-2014 07:55 PM)Bizet Wrote:  

Whats everyone doing on their phones? Theres not even reception in subways

Quote: (12-20-2014 09:07 PM)monster Wrote:  

Quote: (12-20-2014 07:55 PM)Bizet Wrote:  

Whats everyone doing on their phones? Theres not even reception in subways

Many people read books they have downloaded, and play offline games.

We should have a forum meetup in NYC and flashmob a subway, all of us sitting comfortably with our legs positioned at a MINIMUM of 90 degrees.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK